How long will Obama's Presidency Last?

How long does Obama have to remain in office?

• No more than 6 months

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • No more than 12 months

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • No more than 24 months

• He'll complete the entire term, unscathed.

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • He'll complete the entire term, but it will be brutal

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • He'll make it, unless more scandals keep developing

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Depends on how many more firebombs come out of current scandals

• He's immaculate, free of sin, and sends a tingle up my leg.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Templar -

First row, Clinton was impeached.

Really?

Funny...I don't recall that. What date did he leave office?

He was impeached.. Just not convicted.

Impeachment happens in the House, the trial happens in the Senate.

You really ought to learn about American politics if you are going to try to be a nit-picking ass about it.

Similar to the British system, Article One of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power of impeachment and the Senate the sole power to try impeachments. Unlike the British system, impeachment is only the first of two stages, and conviction requires a two-thirds vote. Impeachment does not necessarily result in removal from office; it is only a legal statement of charges, parallel to an indictment in criminal law. An official who is impeached faces a second legislative vote (whether by the same body or another), which determines conviction, or failure to convict, on the charges embodied by the impeachment.

Last edited:
Templar -

Really?

You really ought to learn about American politics if you are going to try to be a nit-picking ass about it.

Similar to the British system, Article One of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power of impeachment and the Senate the sole power to try impeachments. Unlike the British system, impeachment is only the first of two stages, and conviction requires a two-thirds vote. Impeachment does not necessarily result in removal from office; it is only a legal statement of charges, parallel to an indictment in criminal law. An official who is impeached faces a second legislative vote (whether by the same body or another), which determines conviction, or failure to convict, on the charges embodied by the impeachment.

Damn Shroom, you gotta quit stealing my thunder man! Good job :D

Templar -

Really?

Impeachment does not always mean he leaves office. But technically he was impeached by the House.

Ok, yes, that's true. I'd remembered that he was acquitted by the Senate, but I'd forgotten the censure by the House. My mistake.

Last edited:
The bet means nothing, considering nobody even knows who the fuck he is.

These things can be arranged, you just do not have the balls to take the bet.
You're a liberal, and liberals are notorious for not honoring their commitments. Just look at our president. He hasn't honored any of his commitments. You're full of hot air (and shit).

Bullshit, you just do not have the balls to take the bet.

I'll bet you $1000 that on January 20th, 2017, he won't have anymore terms. Care to match that, smartass?

Why do you not just admit that you are afraid to take the bet?

January 2017 is when we make him King, so you will lose.

King? Oh that's it. I've heard everything now. I would take up that bet if I had any money from a job he promised he'd have for me come his first term in office!

You guys make me laugh, harder.

I am happy to make you laugh, because it was a joke. Right wingers make the same statement, but they are serious.

Why do you not just admit that you are afraid to take the bet?

January 2017 is when we make him King, so you will lose.

King? Oh that's it. I've heard everything now. I would take up that bet if I had any money from a job he promised he'd have for me come his first term in office!

You guys make me laugh, harder.

I am happy to make you laugh, because it was a joke. Right wingers make the same statement, but they are serious.

Huh? Project much?

These things can be arranged, you just do not have the balls to take the bet.
You're a liberal, and liberals are notorious for not honoring their commitments. Just look at our president. He hasn't honored any of his commitments. You're full of hot air (and shit).

Bullshit, you just do not have the balls to take the bet.
Stop grandstanding, i'ts not a serious bet and you know it. There would be no way to make you pay.

Templar -

Really?

Nixon was impeached. Nixon resigned because he knew if it went to the Senate, they would vote to remove him from office. The difference between him and Clinton is that Clinton did not have to resign because he knew if it went to the Senate they would not vote for removal from office. And, in fact, he was acquited. Nixon was impeached for serious crimes against the State, the people, and the democratic process. Clinton was impeached because he lied about having an affair, something 99.9% of all men and women in the US would also do. Clinton was impeached due to partisan politics, not because he committed any serious crime against the American people. Also, the senators, both Republican and Democrat, probably were very aware that as many of them were also philanders, they could easily open up a can of worms if we are going to remove from office everyone who has affairs and lies about it. LOL

Last edited:
He is with us for the duration.

If he is removed or steps down and becomes the first black president to be elected and removed from office,the riots that follow will tear this country up.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck....it's a fucking duck.
Too much is going on with his administration and I don't claim to know which are truths and which are shenanigans....all I know is, all this is happening under his watch and he is the POTUS. He is responsible. And he now makes me uncomfortable and worried, whereas before, I was excited and happy.

Well no.

The guy you folks has "investigating" Obama initially called the Administration "The most corrupt in history".

Darrell Issa: Obama's Government Most Corrupt In History

That's before any investigation started. So he already had an agenda. He's already gone full force as well. He charged Holder with contempt of Congress. That's about as far as you can go without having the Sergeant At Arms lock him up in the halls of Congress.

He's called the President's Press Secretary a paid liar. He's not at all impartial or objective. And no one will trust any "judgement" these clowns hand down.

Add in Issa is a real live crook.

The GOP spent the whole four years with no other agenda beyond ensuring that he was a one-term president...and failed.
No wonder they're pissed off.
They're playing for pride now.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck....it's a fucking duck.
Too much is going on with his administration and I don't claim to know which are truths and which are shenanigans....all I know is, all this is happening under his watch and he is the POTUS. He is responsible. And he now makes me uncomfortable and worried, whereas before, I was excited and happy.

Well no.

The guy you folks has "investigating" Obama initially called the Administration "The most corrupt in history".

Darrell Issa: Obama's Government Most Corrupt In History

That's before any investigation started. So he already had an agenda. He's already gone full force as well. He charged Holder with contempt of Congress. That's about as far as you can go without having the Sergeant At Arms lock him up in the halls of Congress.

He's called the President's Press Secretary a paid liar. He's not at all impartial or objective. And no one will trust any "judgement" these clowns hand down.

Add in Issa is a real live crook.

The GOP spent the whole four years with no other agenda beyond ensuring that he was a one-term president...and failed.
No wonder they're pissed off.
They're playing for pride now.

Just like they spent the whole 8 years of Clinton's presidency trying to bring him down, and spending millions of American tax dollars doing it. They are not interested in what is best for the country: they are only interested in what is best for the GOP.

Forum List

Back