🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How many democrats have been told to reject christianity?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I know there are a lot of democrats who truly do believe in Jesus Christ and Christianity as it is practiced throughout the entire world. We disagree politically with conservatives but they sit at the same churches throughout the the world. They hear the same badgering that Christianity gets on a day in and day out by the left that conservatives hear. They have got to notice that this relentless criticism that their christian faith gets is overwhelming at times and it makes people doubt their own faith.
I hear it all the time and it does make me question a lot of things about the existence of Jesus Christ and the religion that sprang from his existence. Some of the things are questionable such as the miracles but how can you actually say that the good things this man said should be thrown out completely? He said many of the same things that other philosophers had said yet they are not criticized at all by the same people that criticize Christianity in this country.

Why is that and do any democrats feel that in order to be a part of the democratic party and 'liberal' that they have to reject what they believe spiritually? Do you feel intimidated to admit that you attend church in front of your 'liberal' friends or believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ? if so,should you feel intimidated or embarrassed by it considering your 'liberal' friends should allow you as much freedom to express yourself and be as excepting towards your beliefs as much as they are to someone who is muslim?

Christians can't agree on a single doctrine..
You do know there are right wingers that do not follow Christ and are not Christians...
Being a Christian is no more special than being a Jew...

• Banned
Christians can't agree on a single doctrine..
You do know there are right wingers that do not follow Christ and are not Christians...
Being a Christian is no more special than being a Jew...

I think this just a case to prove my point.

I know there are a lot of democrats who truly do believe in Jesus Christ and Christianity as it is practiced throughout the entire world. We disagree politically with conservatives but they sit at the same churches throughout the the world. They hear the same badgering that Christianity gets on a day in and day out by the left that conservatives hear. They have got to notice that this relentless criticism that their christian faith gets is overwhelming at times and it makes people doubt their own faith.
I hear it all the time and it does make me question a lot of things about the existence of Jesus Christ and the religion that sprang from his existence. Some of the things are questionable such as the miracles but how can you actually say that the good things this man said should be thrown out completely? He said many of the same things that other philosophers had said yet they are not criticized at all by the same people that criticize Christianity in this country.

Why is that and do any democrats feel that in order to be a part of the democratic party and 'liberal' that they have to reject what they believe spiritually? Do you feel intimidated to admit that you attend church in front of your 'liberal' friends or believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ? if so,should you feel intimidated or embarrassed by it considering your 'liberal' friends should allow you as much freedom to express yourself and be as excepting towards your beliefs as much as they are to someone who is muslim?

Dear SuperDemocrat What people especially Christians fail to teach
is there are TWO folds under separate laws that Christ Jesus fulfills and governs:
* the path or tribe of believers under scriptural authority (Jews Christians and some Muslims who follow the Bible)
* the path of secular gentiles under natural laws (Buddhists, scientists, nontheists, humanist, some Constitutionalists)

We all hear and see the rightwing Christians who vocally and visibly share their faith using the Bible.

But we don't hear about the people who have reconciled or express their faith in God and Christ
through secular means. We separate these nontheistic ways and call them NOT Christian.
But in spirit, for some people who are nontheistic, their faith in justice and peace is the
secular equivalent of faith in Christ Jesus, only expressed in secular terms of natural laws.

Nobody I know really teaches this. I had to figure it out for myself.

In the meantime a lot of my friends who are UU or Buddhist or secular humanist, nontheists, atheists etc.
will end up migrating and associating with liberals and the Democrats.

All the people who call it "Peace and Justice" instead of Christ Jesus as the way to save humanity
go flock to the progressive Greens and Democrats.

The common theme I find is faith in Restorative Justice that determines
if people get along in peace, and work together to correct wrongs, and overcome injustice,
with loving peaceful outreach and support not hate and condemnation.

So that's how I explain it, that Christ Jesus means Restorative Justice in secular terms.
So if you have that faith and live by it, that's the secular equivalent of believing in Christ
in the power of conscience to seek truth and correct error.

The labels are otherwise misleading and confusing.
I found out that a lot of Jehovah's Witness and even some Muslims
are secular gentiles who understand Jesus in terms of natural laws.
Just because they don't believe Jesus as God incarnate doesn't mean
they are unchristian. It means they are neighbors under the secular fold,
so that's why they look at Jesus as a teacher and example how to live by natural laws.

The label of Christian thus has two meanings: one refers to the Bible culture
and way of teaching using those religious symbols, stories and rituals.
the other is the spiritual meaning, that depends on the spirit of how someone
practices whatever path or denomination they are called to in life: if they
believe and live by Restorative Justice, then that is the same universal
spirit that Christ Jesus represents and embodies.

So when people ask me if I am Christian I will explain that I am
Christian by faith but not by culture. I am more a secular gentiles
and feel more comfortable expressing my faith using Constitutional laws
I find more universal in reaching more audiences. But yes when I am
working with Christian friends who use the Bible to communicate and
reach understanding and agreement, of course, we use that as a common language.

So these are like languages for the laws,
and some people relate more to the sciences, natural laws and
secular psychology and sociology to understand relationships
and how to better society for the sake of humanity. And some
relate more to particular religious laws to teach principles and process.

In general I find that
* Buddhism is the most helpful in understanding
God by letting go and just accepting and receiving truth and wisdom;
* Constitutional standards of laws principles and process are the best for teaching
the Golden Rule and Christianity in reconciling relations and establishing
Equal Justice which is another secular name for what Jesus means;
* and the Christian process of spiritual healing and recovery by forgiveness is the
best way to demonstrate teach and experience the meaning of the Holy Spirit
in bringing peace comfort and harmony to human relations and humanity collectively as one family.

Whatever means people use to express their faith in Justice
that is the same process of Jesus coming for all humanity.

Where do you come up with these crazy ideas – you truly must be a liberal troll trying to make conservatives look stupid, because you’re doing a very good job of it.

The vast majority of democrats and liberals are Christian – and even larger number persons of faith.

And no democrat or liberal believes, thinks, or feels he must ‘reject’ his faith in order to be a democrat and a member of the party – the notion is ridiculous nonsense completely devoid of merit.

Where do you come up with these crazy ideas – you truly must be a liberal troll trying to make conservatives look stupid, because you’re doing a very good job of it.

The vast majority of democrats and liberals are Christian – and even larger number persons of faith.

And no democrat or liberal believes, thinks, or feels he must ‘reject’ his faith in order to be a democrat and a member of the party – the notion is ridiculous nonsense completely devoid of merit.

"The vast majority of democrats and liberals are Christian" <--- I don't think I ever said this wasn't true.

I do wonder how people feel that the same party that they belong to spends quite a lot of time and effort criticizing christianity. It was just a question. Thank you for your input.

Okay SuperDemocrat I'll try another shot at this.

1. The Democrats have sought to ban "conversion therapy" which makes sense because it is abusive fraud and malpractice.
2. However, when I bring up the difference between the fraudulent practice vs. The voluntary natural and effective spiritual healing that has helped certain people change their orientation and no longer experience homosexual attraction,
Then I am still met with more rejection than liberal open-mindedness and inclusion of diverse views

3. rdean just cussed me out as an idiot tard for bringing up any such notion that sexual addiction could be changed by spiritual healing based on forgiveness prayer and breaking patterns of abuse and oppression.

Is this a fair example of Democrats rejecting Christian faith by insulting rejecting and condemning ppl who have either seen, experienced or even researched enough on Christian spiritual healing to know that it has been applied to healing unwanted homosexual conditions , and healing a wide range of both mental and physical illness such as cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and even schizophrenia in extreme cases of legal incompetence if not criminal level sickness.

Does that count as rejecting Christian faith, because I've run into it even while offering to pursue medical research to demonstrate the effective impact using secular science. People still reject it due to Christian influence, and a lot of the worst rejecters are either liberal or Democrat or both.

Look up the petition by Janet Boynes arguing that Obama and the Democrats are excluding the voice of exgays who successfully healed and changed their orientation after formerly identifying as homosexual. Does that count as rejecting Christian faith ?

Forum List

Back