How many employees have bosses that applaud and reward them for doing nothing?

Then why didn't the democrats pass it?

Democrats? Why didn't Republicans pass it?

Because they weren't in power and Dingy Harry prevented any from coming up for debate.

And why did Harry do that?

I don't know. It's his Constitutional duty to deal with the budget. Why do YOU think he abdicated it?

How did he "abdicate" it?

By refusing to craft a budget.

The president submits the budget to Congress. Passing it is up to Congress.

No, he submits his VERSION of a budget. It is up to Congress to craft THEIR version and send it to him. They don't have to take his as is.

Democrats? Why didn't Republicans pass it?

Because they weren't in power and Dingy Harry prevented any from coming up for debate.

I don't know. It's his Constitutional duty to deal with the budget. Why do YOU think he abdicated it?

Who refused to "craft a budget"...?

The president submits the budget to Congress. Passing it is up to Congress.

No, he submits his VERSION of a budget. It is up to Congress to craft THEIR version and send it to him. They don't have to take his as is.

True, and most of us are acutely aware of that fact.

And that is how Dingy Harry refused to do his duty. For years, he didn't allow any budget to be debated on or voted on.

Who refused to "craft a budget"...?

Reid.

Does anyone disagree that elected public servants are employees of the American public - specifically their constituency?

Does anyone disagree that elected public servants are employees of the American public - specifically their constituency?

Yes, I agree that Obama is our employee and should start acting like he is.

He's an employee of the American public. I think he's doing a great job, although I feel more executive orders need writing for the middle class. After all, he needs to equal the number that Bush wrote.

He is "acting like he is" - for his constituency. What's the problem? Why do you hate the Constitution?

He is president of the entire country, not just his constituency. That is the difference between being POTUS and being a Senator or Representative. Apparently, he's forgotten that as well as ignoring the constitutional limits on his power.

The GOP is doing a fine job for the people that really matter, the rich.

Wow, a moldy, hackneyed talking point, right off the fax machine.

What you saying there dude? That the rich haven't done extremely well under the watchful eyes of their Republicans in Congress? Don't say that. That would be lying. The rich have done extremely well under the watchful eyes of their Republicans in Congress. And the very rich Dems have done well also.

Forum List

Back