🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How Many Muslims Do You Actually Know?

Well, I'm 72 years of age. I don't know any and have no desire to know any.
Don't forget to use lotion....Do I need to speak up!!??

If you wish to speak, go right ahead. Your opinion matters not to me.
Nothing does, at your age....
Cruel and unnecessary.

Doesn't matter, he's simpleminded. The fact is there are no Muslims in my neighborhood, none in my immediate or extended family, none at my church, etc. I am simply not in contact with any.

Well, I'm 72 years of age. I don't know any and have no desire to know any.
Don't forget to use lotion....Do I need to speak up!!??

If you wish to speak, go right ahead. Your opinion matters not to me.
Nothing does, at your age....
Cruel and unnecessary.

Doesn't matter, he's simpleminded. The fact is there are no Muslims in my neighborhood, none in my immediate or extended family, none at my church, etc. I am simply not in contact with any.
You are blessed :eusa_angel:

I worked with two Muslim guys that were super nice...but bring up Salman Rushdie and you'll see the not so nice side.

I worked with two Muslim guys that were super nice...but bring up Salman Rushdie and you'll see the not so nice side.

And chances that they ever actually read the fiction is probably slim to none.

The actual verses can be read in al-Bukhari, Ahmad ibn Hanbal, al-Shafi’i, Abu Dawood and the six hadiths. Most muslims know of them.
The book mentions them but the story itself has little at all to them or quran. It is a strange work of fiction and there is no reason for all the "anger" at Rushdie's book. It has far more to supporting faith than in any way disparaging the prophet, the quran or Islam. Beyond the title and a few quotes scattered through the book, the verses have very little to do with the plot. Angles, demons, possession, different muslims from India and England struggling with their heritage and a surviving a fall from a commercial plane................... It really has nothing to do with the quran. This is what had the muslim world all tied up in knots and ready to kill the author.

If they had read the book they would probably be laughing at the fatwa rather than taking it seriously.

And chances that they ever actually read the fiction is probably slim to none.

The actual verses can be read in al-Bukhari, Ahmad ibn Hanbal, al-Shafi’i, Abu Dawood and the six hadiths. Most muslims know of them.
The book mentions them but the story itself has little at all to them or quran. It is a strange work of fiction and there is no reason for all the "anger" at Rushdie's book. It has far more to supporting faith than in any way disparaging the prophet, the quran or Islam. Beyond the title and a few quotes scattered through the book, the verses have very little to do with the plot. Angles, demons, possession, different muslims from India and England struggling with their heritage and a surviving a fall from a commercial plane................... It really has nothing to do with the quran. This is what had the muslim world all tied up in knots and ready to kill the author.

If they had read the book they would probably be laughing at the fatwa rather than taking it seriously.

He didn't read the book. My co-worker, who, until that moment, seemed like a perfectly sane person simply stated that he would like to be the one to kill Salman Rushdie for insulting Mohammed. He was enraged and totally serious.

Me? One family. Very good people.

I think it's a good question. So many people worry about Muslims yet don't know any.

Professionally about 40. Friendly with around 10. Good friends 7. I have been friends with one family for over 35 years. Went to their kids college graduation etc. Good people...

Me? One family. Very good people.

I think it's a good question. So many people worry about Muslims yet don't know any.

I spend any quality time for others trying to undo the effects of hangings and beatings the ancestors subjected Black slaves and sharecroppers to. I've got Muslims on the back burner. Frankly I've never seen any Abayas, Hijabs, Jilbabs, Niqabs etc. in east Tennessee.....no beheadings either.

2014-08-06-burka-thumb.jpg

0013729e4abe0bf732b94a.jpg

Maybe we should also ask the question

How many muslims do you want to know?

I don't care if I know any the same goes for any other religious group

We luckily don't have any mooslims in our town. So none. Let's try to keep it that way. My carpets don't need to be kissed.

Forum List

Back