How morally bankrupt can people be?

From your link
"His sister, Kayla Blackmon, at one point said the family was there to apologize for Simmons’ behavior. They blame the action that claimed his life on a battle with drugs and depression. Blackmon said the brother she knew and loved would have never done anything like this had it not been for his struggles with drugs and depression.

He’s not a bad person. The things that overpowered him that overtook him is what lead him to do this,” she said.

He was working so hard to get on the right track. He was so close. His wife told me he just broke down and prayed not a day or two before this happened. He was in treatment. Monday September 12, he was going to in patient treatment,”

He was killed the night before.

“I know that my brother was wrong for what he did, and I will never try to defend that ever because we are not those type of people. We are against that. We are against violence, we are against drug and I need everybody to be against it as well. We need to come together at a time like this. This is an eye opener," said Blackmon."

Cry me a river of scripted bullshit

From your link
"His sister, Kayla Blackmon, at one point said the family was there to apologize for Simmons’ behavior. They blame the action that claimed his life on a battle with drugs and depression. Blackmon said the brother she knew and loved would have never done anything like this had it not been for his struggles with drugs and depression.

“He’s not a bad person. The things that overpowered him that overtook him is what lead him to do this,” she said.

“He was working so hard to get on the right track. He was so close. His wife told me he just broke down and prayed not a day or two before this happened. He was in treatment. Monday September 12, he was going to in patient treatment,”

“I know that my brother was wrong for what he did, and I will never try to defend that ever because we are not those type of people. We are against that. We are against violence, we are against drug and I need everybody to be against it as well. We need to come together at a time like this. This is an eye opener," said Blackmon."
But he was a bad person.
I did all the shit he did. That bogus defense she gave didn't keep me out of prison.

From your link

“He’s not a bad person. The things that overpowered him that overtook him is what lead him to do this,” she said.

“He was working so hard to get on the right track. He was so close. His wife told me he just broke down and prayed not a day or two before this happened. He was in treatment. Monday September 12, he was going to in patient treatment,”

But he was a bad person.
I did all the shit he did. That bogus defense she gave didn't keep me out of prison.
Good thing you learned from it.

From your link

But he was a bad person.
Just to be clear here. I never hit a woman. But he was not the person his family tried to portray him as. When you're in that kind of lifestyle your family is mostly blind to it and will make excuses for your behavior.

From your link

But he was a bad person.
Just to be clear here. I never hit a woman. But he was not the person his family tried to portray him as. When you're in that kind of lifestyle your family is mostly blind to it and will make excuses for your behavior.
Well yeah. She says it was the drugs that did the crime, not him.

From your link

But he was a bad person.
Yup. My grandmother tried that on the stand when I was on trial. And I won't lie, I tried to use it as an excuse as well.
It's nothing more than denial.

It's a grieving family the day after their family member was killed.
Expecting them to act or talk in a way that you deem to be rational at such a time isn't rational in itself.

But he was a bad person.
Yup. My grandmother tried that on the stand when I was on trial. And I won't lie, I tried to use it as an excuse as well.
I had a cousin use that excuse on the stand and they let him serve his time at a rehab center...he spent a few months in jail waiting to get in though. Sometimes it works, probably depends on how many points you have on your record.

Expecting them to act or talk in a way that you deem to be rational at such a time isn't rational in itself.
Complete bullshit. When was the last time you saw a vigil for a killer the day after his crime? Rare if ever because while they may be emotional they still possess a brain. Most of them.....

I had a cousin use that excuse on the stand and they let him serve his time at a rehab center...he spent a few months in jail waiting to get in though. Sometimes it works, probably depends on how many points you have on your record.
This guy had a criminal past including some pretty violent crimes.

Fair enough. But I can't think of anyone else ever holding a vigil like this before. Holding a candle light vigil for a criminal who was killed in order to blame drugs for his actions has to be pretty damn rare.

Complete bullshit. When was the last time you saw a vigil for a killer the day after his crime? Rare if ever because while they may be emotional they still possess a brain. Most of them.....
So what's your explanation...did they do it to aggravate the locals?

This guy had a criminal past including some pretty violent crimes.
Yeah, the family is full of it.

Fair enough. But I can't think of anyone else ever holding a vigil like this before. Holding a candle light vigil for a criminal who was killed in order to blame drugs for his actions has to be pretty damn rare.
I have no idea what's in their heads.
I hesitate to judge someone on how they behave after a death in the family.

So what's your explanation...did they do it to aggravate the locals?
If I had to be honest about it I would guess that their intentions were probably good. Their logic & common sense was clearly faulty.
Had they done this as a drive for the medical bills of the man their son nearly killed I would have given them a blue ribbon but their focus was on the criminal & excuses for his behavior.

Nothing wrong with that, but seeing as he had an extensive criminal record...It sounds like they have been in denial that their family member was an actual scumbag, drugs or no drugs, for quite some time now.

Nothing wrong with that, but seeing as he had an extensive criminal record...It sounds like they have been in denial that their family member was an actual scumbag, drugs or no drugs, for quite some time now.
That's what family does. They never give up. Unless you have my parents.

That's what family does. They never give up. Unless you have my parents.
Oh, I was a knucklehead in my teen years myself. First time i was arrested, I went to juvie, I got 4 months....and my parents never visited me. At first, it hurt and angered me. Later on, I came to appreciate the lesson.

Forum List

Back