How much do extremely wealthy people owe to the society that gave them the chance to prosper so much?

That’s the funny oxymoron you can’t escape. Hey, where does government get money other than the treasury?

From the people. We can use that money to create opportunities for people that will empower our nation.

Fine sounding propaganda, but no real ideas. Here's one. Stop government student loans. Stop ALL worthless degrees. The vast majority of college students SHOULDN'T be in college. I do agree that with the amount of wealth we have that health care should be better managed. However, government fucks up everything they touch. The government should have NO say in how health care is managed other than these are the regulations that govern licensure.
Exactly

Fine sounding propaganda, but no real ideas. Here's one. Stop government student loans. Stop ALL worthless degrees. The vast majority of college students SHOULDN'T be in college. I do agree that with the amount of wealth we have that health care should be better managed. However, government fucks up everything they touch. The government should have NO say in how health care is managed other than these are the regulations that govern licensure.

As long as education is a private money making scheme you won't get rid of bullshit degrees. Educating our nation shouldn't be profit motivated in my opinion.

As long as education is a private money making scheme you won't get rid of bullshit degrees. Educating our nation shouldn't be profit motivated in my opinion.
More communism.

you are aware only about 20% of useful jobs require a college degree???

Nor has your argument convinced anyone that they should.

A scenario: You and I are given the exact same opportunity to achieve a certain level of wealth.

I decide to work really, really hard to achieve that wealth. My hard work pays off and I become wealthy.

You, on the other hand, vacillate over whether or not you want to invest the time and effort to achieve that certain level of wealth. You try, but you decide you just don't have the patience for it, and you decide that you're not going to work hard to achieve that wealth. Consequently, you find yourself far less successful than me, despite being afforded the exact same opportunity.

Why should I pay more in taxes than you?

I am very familiar with how conservatives think. My grandfather and great grandfather made sure of that.

How nice. We're familiar with how conservatives think because we're the conservatives in question. Hopefully, you'll agree that firsthand knowledge beats secondhand stories.

If someone wants to pay to learn, why is that an issue for you?

Having a million in net liqudable assets, not including mortgage free primary residence, is no longer very rare like 30+ years ago but it’s still a very nice way to live. Started investing in stocks in 70’s and real estate in 90’s but piss ass can’t take of anything tenants wore me out so sold both rentals in 2006.
I cannot really recommend to younger people that they wait 40 years for all the planted money seeds to flourish but I can tell you that pissing and moaning about the money that other people Do have is no solution either. Live below your means, don’t create high interest debt, and invest 15% of your net income and in 20 years you will be stunned at the return. Now as a 25 year old, 20 years is a Long time but looking back from my 60 something perspective it is not and my only regret is not realizing that sooner.

How nice. We're familiar with how conservatives think because we're the conservatives in question. Hopefully, you'll agree that firsthand knowledge beats secondhand stories.

He didn't need to explain his point further. I understand the way he sees it.

Why can't poor people receive an education as is?

I didn't say they can't. I suggested we could do things to make it easier. More healthy and educated Americans is a good thing.

Were you aware that you spend a lot of time speaking in vague, meaningless slogans?

It's a child

Immature. Not the same thing, since my 11-year-old makes better and more sensible arguments.

I dont think people should be punished because they are more successful. IE much higher tax burden. They already pay most of the taxes anyway.
They also give a lot of money and time, to charity.

They'll still be the richest Americans if they are taxed more. They live in goofy amounts of excess that's only possible because the U.S kicks ass.

Why do you want to confiscate what is not yours and you did not earn?

Forum List

Back