How much do extremely wealthy people owe to the society that gave them the chance to prosper so much?

Less is more.

The government is very inefficient due to no competitive pressures.

How much should taxes be cut?

Well, how much is the government spending that is wasteful and inappropriate?
The FBI came to Nassau County to investigate dozens of politicians pocketing taxes.
Most politicians are lawyers and know how to hide what they steal.
It takes 10 years to collect enough evidence to send someone to prison.

I'm not even talking about criminal activities, though. I'm talking about technically legal pork barrel spending, bureaucratic budget inflation, and entire sections of governments which really have no legitimate reason for existing.

Depends on what you consider "society" and what you feel the rules should be.

We have the right to pursue our own happiness, but it shouldn't be at the expense of others

So who pays for the military and the police?

Government. With our money.

What does that have to do with the rich being taxed unfairly?

Less is more.

The FBI came to Nassau County to investigate dozens of politicians pocketing taxes.

I'm not even talking about criminal activities, though. I'm talking about technically legal pork barrel spending, bureaucratic budget inflation, and entire sections of governments which really have no legitimate reason for existing.
Everything a politician does is technically legal; the bastards pilfer from every project they sign into law.

Exactly how did they allow the super rich to prosper?

By creating the environment that allowed them to grow so well. Do you think Bill Gates would be where he is today if he had been born in some isolated African tribe where he didn't have the opportunity to learn how to read?

Gates would have gotten rich there too. He'd of been selling rocks and tree bark to the masses.

Less is more.

Everything a politician does is technically legal; the bastards pilfer from every project they sign into law.
And so do their families.

See, that right there is a big part of why people refer to taxes as though they're theft: the idea that because you personally disapprove of how someone else uses the money they have earned justifies you taking it from them to "better use" it for what you want.

Your thread title pretended to start from the premise of "what do they owe for what they get", but it's pretty obvious early on that you're really starting from the premise of "What do we want that we can rationalize taking".

If a bunch of poor people can get educated and go to the doctor more easily by taxing a billionaire more I'm really not going to feel bad about it.

Less is more.

And so do their families.
Their families are almost always on the payroll and receive exorbitant salaries and benefits,

See, that right there is a big part of why people refer to taxes as though they're theft: the idea that because you personally disapprove of how someone else uses the money they have earned justifies you taking it from them to "better use" it for what you want.

Your thread title pretended to start from the premise of "what do they owe for what they get", but it's pretty obvious early on that you're really starting from the premise of "What do we want that we can rationalize taking".

If a bunch of poor people can get educated and go to the doctor more easily by taxing a billionaire more I'm really not going to feel bad about it.
Why can't poor people receive an education as is?

most criminals dont feel bad after they commit a crime,,

I dont think people should be punished because they are more successful. IE much higher tax burden. They already pay most of the taxes anyway.
They also give a lot of money and time, to charity.

They'll still be the richest Americans if they are taxed more. They live in goofy amounts of excess that's only possible because the U.S kicks ass.
We can start by taxing the financiers and bankers at 90% and more. Let all fiat currency banks be controlled by the nations purely with no interference from anyone.

Forum List

Back