How much do extremely wealthy people owe to the society that gave them the chance to prosper so much?

who cares as long as the government doesnt control our healthcare,,

I care. A lot of people would save money, nobody would go without care and people wouldn't be going bankrupt late in their lives over medical expenses.

You do get that it's really not for you to decide what should and shouldn't happen with other people's money or healthcare, right? God save me from people who are convinced that they "care" more about my life issues than I do, and know better how I should live my life than I do, so they're going to take over and mandate their preferences to me.

You, of course, are welcome to provide yourself with healthcare any way you would like. Knock yourself out. But please do not try to include me in it.

Just check the history of the UK. Just check our history. Why do you imagine we had 7% unemployment for years?

Do you think there might be a job problem when drivers, low-level retail workers and farm hands get completely replaced by automation? It won't stop there.
We'll worry about that when the time comes. Until March 2020 those people could all get jobs.

I care. A lot of people would save money, nobody would go without care and people wouldn't be going bankrupt late in their lives over medical expenses.

You do get that it's really not for you to decide what should and shouldn't happen with other people's money or healthcare, right? God save me from people who are convinced that they "care" more about my life issues than I do, and know better how I should live my life than I do, so they're going to take over and mandate their preferences to me.

You, of course, are welcome to provide yourself with healthcare any way you would like. Knock yourself out. But please do not try to include me in it.
No, he doesn't get that. Like all government brainwashed minions he thinks he's entitled to other people's money.

What's the difference between taxation and theft?

Without taxes we can't have a functioning society. You benefit more from society than you realize. You owe something back. That's just the way it is.

Without the majority of taxes going for insane shit that benefits no one except special interests and the politicians they own, we'd have a society which functions much better, AND people who actually pay taxes wouldn't resent them as theft.

We benefit from society a lot less than you realize from your thinking-about-it-without-being-involved perspective. We also give more to society than you even begin to comprehend, so do not tell us about what we "owe" over and above that, based largely on what you want to spend.

youre just mad cause I'm right,,,

You are just deflecting and ignoring my argument by undermining my qualification to have an opinion. You're not even debating.
if you want to debate then come back when youve had to provide for yourself and not depend on others,,,

until then youre just another snot nosed kid that thinks because he went to college thinks he knows more than those of us that have actually had to provide for ourselves and others,,

I think you're just being stubborn. Universal healthcare is inevitable.

I will never understand poor people that support the Republicans.
That's because you don't understand the Republican platform of individual liberty over government largess. You believe lies.

Poor people who vote Republican realize that they have a better chance of becoming not poor if they do so, and they understand that relying on government support instead of personal freedom is a trap that ensures they will stay poor.

if you want to debate then come back when youve had to provide for yourself and not depend on others,,,

until then youre just another snot nosed kid that thinks because he went to college thinks he knows more than those of us that have actually had to provide for ourselves and others,,

I'm not going anywhere just because you think I should. If all you're going to do is repeat that I really don't see the point in us having a conversation.

No, he doesn't get that. Like all government brainwashed minions he thinks he's entitled to other people's money.

Oh, I know he doesn't. His mommy and daddy provide him with his healthcare, and I'd be immensely surprised if he even knows the details of their insurance coverage, let alone has so much as had a conversation with a person currently receiving government healthcare. It's all theory to him, because he is at no point EVER the person who has to actually pony up the cash after working his ass off for it.

I'm not going anywhere just because you think I should. If all you're going to do is repeat that I really don't see the point in us having a conversation.
thats understandable,,,

under what youre proposing whats to stop every american from quiting their jobs and let the government provide for them???

they couldnt provide shit cause there wouldnt be any money or products/food,,

for your info I decided to close my business and leave the system and never pay fed taxs again,, one caveat is I wont ask the government for shit cause I dont need them

Forum List

Back