How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

• Strong Theist

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • De-facto Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Weak Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pure Agnostic

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Weak Atheist

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • De-facto Atheist

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Strong Atheist

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
Children do as they parents do and not as they say because they know that what their parents do is what they really believe.
WTF does that have to do with god contacting me? Are you lost? :lol:
It has to do with what you say you do not matching with what you actually have done.
What have I done that I'm not open to a god contacting me? Anything?
Only you can answer that one. But you'd have to be honest first.
You said it's what i haven't done? So what's that?
Only you can answer that. Don't you know? Tell me what you have done and we can go from there. Fair enough?

Maybe it doesn't surprise you because you really haven't been looking for God at all.
I'm open for god to contact me. Always have been. He knows that. Seem fair to me.
Children do as they parents do and not as they say because they know that what their parents do is what they really believe.
It has to do with what you say you do not matching with what you actually have done.

Only you can answer that one. But I do know that just as it is difficult for the rich man focused on his possession to know God, so it is difficult for him who cannot put aside his intellectual prejudices and who sets conditions for what he requires of God.

If you have ever seen Aramaic writing you can understand why those educated in classical Greek chose to write in classical Greek instead of Aramaic. Also Christianity has spread beyond Judah and Galilee into areas where classical Greek was spoken. The Christian manuscripts were not written with the thought that they would be 'scripture' in the same context as the Old Testament Scriptures, but rather were intended for reading and circulation and teaching in the congregations forming across the eastern Roman Empire. So they were written in the language that was most universally useful.

Apparently you haven't studied it as thoroughly as you think. And I would be careful about accusing people you don't know about what they have and have not studied. I would post my evidence but I doubt you would accept it and it would be really tedious to post the entire bibliography as well as the lesson notes from seminary courses.
You're spinning and no nothing of the time period other than what's in the bible. The Jews at that time were so Hellenized only a small minority could speak or read Hebrew or Aramaic. The Pharisees and Sadducees considered the language sacred, it's what God spoke. Sure Christianity spread and got translated into different languages but we're talking about the beginning.

So you are reading translations and interpretations of what the Jesus figure said. Seems implausible considering how important the message was. That was my point.

A seminary education? That explains your ignorance.

Last edited:
If you have ever seen Aramaic writing you can understand why those educated in classical Greek chose to write in classical Greek instead of Aramaic. Also Christianity has spread beyond Judah and Galilee into areas where classical Greek was spoken. The Christian manuscripts were not written with the thought that they would be 'scripture' in the same context as the Old Testament Scriptures, but rather were intended for reading and circulation and teaching in the congregations forming across the eastern Roman Empire. So they were written in the language that was most universally useful.

Apparently you haven't studied it as thoroughly as you think. And I would be careful about accusing people you don't know about what they have and have not studied. I would post my evidence but I doubt you would accept it and it would be really tedious to post the entire bibliography as well as the lesson notes from seminary courses.
You're spinning and no nothing of the time period other than what's in the bible. The Jews at that time were so Hellenized only a small minority could speak or read Hebrew or Aramaic. The Pharisees and Sadducees considered the language sacred, it's what God spoke. Sure Christianity spread and got translated into different languages but we're talking about the beginning.

So you are reading translations and interpretations of what the Jesus figure said. Seems implausible considering how important the message was. That was my point.

Those who are so eager to deny, dispute, ridicule the text and those who have studied it and the history behind it become ever more angry, shrill, and insulting. Why do you think that is?

Those who are so eager to deny, dispute, ridicule the text and those who have studied it and the history behind it become ever more angry, shrill, and insulting. Why do you think that is?
I didn't ridicule the text, you lie. Anyone can believe anything they want, my problem with you is as stated at the beginning. You insulted the intelligence of anyone that disagrees with Jesus being a historical figure.

As far as becoming more angry and shrill you are stuffed to the max with bullshit. You're a hypocrite and only double down when confronted. Now why do YOU think that is? I know.

CO2 isn't the only gas causing problems. Science can tell you that. Or is this a break-from-science weekend because you're celebrating Zombie Jesus day?
Sure, there are other greenhouses gases. Water vapor being the biggest of all. The problem isn't GHG, the problem is the faulty models which pile on feedbacks that aren't there. No one is disputing the GHG effect. We are disputing their models. You don't understand any of this and have chosen to blindly accept that there is a problem despite the FACT that our present temperature is still within the normal range of an interglacial cycle.
And is rising at an un-natural way. Science tells us that.
No. It isn't rising in an unnatural way. How do you define rising in an unnatural way?
Man-made rise faster than it would normally. Science tells us this.
How fast would that be in terms of degrees C per year?
Look it up, I don't know the exact numbers, but science has told us that human activity is causing the temp to rise faster than it would normally.

Only you can answer that. Don't you know? Tell me what you have done and we can go from there. Fair enough?
I've kept my heart open for contact.

I'm open for god to contact me. Always have been. He knows that. Seem fair to me.

Only you can answer that one. But I do know that just as it is difficult for the rich man focused on his possession to know God, so it is difficult for him who cannot put aside his intellectual prejudices and who sets conditions for what he requires of God.
So what does that even mean? I'm doing something wrong? What?

How exactly did you do that?

Sure, there are other greenhouses gases. Water vapor being the biggest of all. The problem isn't GHG, the problem is the faulty models which pile on feedbacks that aren't there. No one is disputing the GHG effect. We are disputing their models. You don't understand any of this and have chosen to blindly accept that there is a problem despite the FACT that our present temperature is still within the normal range of an interglacial cycle.
And is rising at an un-natural way. Science tells us that.
No. It isn't rising in an unnatural way. How do you define rising in an unnatural way?
Man-made rise faster than it would normally. Science tells us this.
How fast would that be in terms of degrees C per year?
Look it up, I don't know the exact numbers, but science has told us that human activity is causing the temp to rise faster than it would normally.
If you don't know the exact numbers, I'll accept a ball park estimate. So what is it?

No, science tells us that the earth's temperature has risen too quickly for it to be a natural event.
Really? How much resolution is in that data (i.e. how many data points per year)? How much resolution is there in the previous interglacial periods? And lastly, are you acknowledging that our present temperatures are below the peak temperatures of previous interglacial periods?
The science is already in, so stop being such a science cherry picker.
I believe they are the cherry pickers. The world we live in is an ice house world with bipolar glaciation. Many consider this to be normal, but it is not. In fact, it is geologically rare and possibly distinct. For most of earth's history it has been a greenhouse world.
So you don't deny global warming, but you embrace it. Me too. :biggrin:
lol, we are in an interglacial cycle. Warming has been occurring for the last 22,000 years. What is happening today is quite natural. Relax, the sky isn't falling.
Funny bible thumpers think the end of the world is coming too but they don't think pollution is the sin doing it they think butt sex is what we're doing wrong

Really? How much resolution is in that data (i.e. how many data points per year)? How much resolution is there in the previous interglacial periods? And lastly, are you acknowledging that our present temperatures are below the peak temperatures of previous interglacial periods?
I believe they are the cherry pickers. The world we live in is an ice house world with bipolar glaciation. Many consider this to be normal, but it is not. In fact, it is geologically rare and possibly distinct. For most of earth's history it has been a greenhouse world.
lol, we are in an interglacial cycle. Warming has been occurring for the last 22,000 years. What is happening today is quite natural. Relax, the sky isn't falling.
Funny bible thumpers think the end of the world is coming too but they don't think pollution is the sin doing it they think butt sex is what we're doing wrong

they've been backwards since the late 4th century ... next to a Free Spirit, progress is their greatest hatred.

Strong theist here because when you have a personal relationship with the living God, then you KNOW. I do appreciate the agnostics who do not have that personal experience yet but who keep an open mind. I agree that is the thinking person's position.
How can you have a personal relationship with a belief?

Don't worry.... I don't judge you.

I don't care. I laugh at people like you.

Yea, when you die you become a god that lives forever because a religion you were born into says so. And anyone who doesn't believe your ridiculous story burns in hell. Lol.

For the record you're a liar. You judge.

I don't care. I laugh at people like you.

Yea, when you die you become a god that lives forever because a religion you were born into says so. And anyone who doesn't believe your ridiculous story burns in hell. Lol.

For the record you're a liar. You judge.
I've never felt the need to laugh at people. That would be a sign of judging them. Actions and behaviors are a different matter all together though. As for your belief of my belief, it's wrong, but I don't care, go ahead and see it that way. But I am curious though now, are you having a lot of butt sex? That would explain a lot. Mind you, I'm not judging you.

I don't believe the end of the world is coming, but I do see a major correction headed our way. I hope you are ready for it.

So what does that even mean? I'm doing something wrong? What?

I cannot judge what is right or wrong for you. I can only say that those who presume to put conditions on how or when or in what form that God must make himself know to them before they will believe will have a much more difficult time finding God. I don't know if that pertains to you so I offer it as a truth I believe. If it is useful, good. If not, then no harm, no foul.

Strong theist here because when you have a personal relationship with the living God, then you KNOW. I do appreciate the agnostics who do not have that personal experience yet but who keep an open mind. I agree that is the thinking person's position.
How can you have a personal relationship with a belief?

You don't. You have a personal relationship with a person. Once that person becomes real, tangible, experience, it is no longer a belief.

How exactly did you do that?
God, if it exists , knows what's in my heart, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back