How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

• Strong Theist

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • De-facto Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Weak Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pure Agnostic

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Weak Atheist

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • De-facto Atheist

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Strong Atheist

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
4. Pure agnostic. It's the thinking person's position.

I agree, as a former pure agnostic I can tell you that you'll eventually realize there is some sort of higher power, assuming you're indeed a committed thinking man.
I'm very open to a higher power, of which there could very well be one. But as of right now, I see no actual proof. And neither do you.

First, if you're indeed a thinking man, stop the silly talk of proof of god. We are discussing spirituality, not science.

My reasoning is somewhat of an "I think therefore I am" analogy. Man is a spiritually being. All thru history we see evidence of mankinds spirituality. It is apparent in all societies/civilizations. So is it possible for spirituality to exist if there is no spirit? My answer is no. That answer doesn't define god, but for me it does conclude there is spiritual existence.
So all you have is suppositions. Got it.
Some call it The Way. What do you have?

giphy.gif
Looks like a judgement to me huh mudda?
That he is lying? Yes. That is a judgement of his action. Do you understand the distinction or is that beyond your ability to grasp?
ThatI believe that's called "moving the goalposts". Dingbat's fave move.
What's your dude doing, making hot dogs?

But it does show that your upset with my answer, why is that? Can't handle it? Why?
You mean you couldn't figure out that it showed I don't believe you?
I figured that you like big hotdogs.

But I'm open to god contacting me, no conditions. Lump it, princess.
I love hot dogs. The fatter the better. With lot's of chili and cheese and onions and a little bit of ketchup. Yum, yum. You don't like hot dogs?
I don't like the super size hot dogs. I prefer the classic size. But I bet you can take a big one real deep
Do you feel better now? Just as only sick people need a doctor, only people who are angry need to lash out.

I'm open to god contacting me, no conditions.
giphy.gif
That he is lying? Yes. That is a judgement of his action. Do you understand the distinction or is that beyond your ability to grasp?
I'm open to god contacting me, no conditions.
giphy.gif

But it does show that your upset with my answer, why is that? Can't handle it? Why?

God is not very convincing when he speaks to us through dings religion. Not buying it! Sounds like bullshit to me. And that's not rejecting God. I'm rejecting ding.

That's like if Halle Berry told ding to invite me to a party. I'm not rejecting Halle Berry I just don't believe dings ever met her
I don't speak for God. He doesn't like that.

I cannot judge what is right or wrong for you. I can only say that those who presume to put conditions on how or when or in what form that God must make himself know to them before they will believe will have a much more difficult time finding God. I don't know if that pertains to you so I offer it as a truth I believe. If it is useful, good. If not, then no harm, no foul.
Then God will find us when we die.
And you can ask Him why He didn't do a better job of making Himself known to you, right? I think that is a brilliant plan. You should explain to the Creator of existence where He went wrong.
He already knows
Knows what?
Where he went wrong
Make sure you tell Him that.

Perhaps there is a higher power. Unless we can bring people back from the dead or some god shows him/her/itself, I guess we will never really know. As far as all the stories in the Bible and things like that, I just can't buy those stories. They are much too far fetched and "magical." I can believe that they are parables. I'm an agnostic who falls on the more skeptical side or "atheist" side. It's nothing personal against Christians or any of their beliefs and I don't say it to hurt their feelings or anything. This is just my personal opinion because I am just an "evidence" requiring kind of person I suppose.

I agree, as a former pure agnostic I can tell you that you'll eventually realize there is some sort of higher power, assuming you're indeed a committed thinking man.
I'm very open to a higher power, of which there could very well be one. But as of right now, I see no actual proof. And neither do you.

First, if you're indeed a thinking man, stop the silly talk of proof of god. We are discussing spirituality, not science.

My reasoning is somewhat of an "I think therefore I am" analogy. Man is a spiritually being. All thru history we see evidence of mankinds spirituality. It is apparent in all societies/civilizations. So is it possible for spirituality to exist if there is no spirit? My answer is no. That answer doesn't define god, but for me it does conclude there is spiritual existence.
Science.

You have a big enough brain to think and wonder and be superstitious. We understand it makes humans uncomfortable not knowing all the answers. So we come up with wild theories. Can't even call them theories because those require evidence.

We got nothing. Other than 1000 holy books all claiming it visited. Do you believe any of them?

Everything dies including your thinking soul. No heaven awaits. Come on now wake up to reality man.

You are such a speck of sand in the universe. Just be grateful you were born and relax. Be a good person. Laugh and vote
Interesting theory, now prove it or just say it's your belief.
You want proof of what you highlighted? OK, there was a time when primitive man prayed to the sun. Prayed every night it would come back and gave thanks in the morning when it did. The Indians had some crazy spirit world theories. Africans prayed to Juju. Greeks made up all the Greek gods. Mohammad, Joe Smith, jehovas.

These are all wild theories based on zero evidence. Now Christianity came up with an interesting hook. Believe or burn in hell. I find it laughable, idiotic, insulting and I believe this ignorance is holding us back.

You have a big enough brain to think and wonder and be superstitious. We understand it makes humans uncomfortable not knowing all the answers. So we come up with wild theories. Can't even call them theories because those require evidence.

We got nothing. Other than 1000 holy books all claiming it visited. Do you believe any of them?

Everything dies including your thinking soul. No heaven awaits. Come on now wake up to reality man.

You are such a speck of sand in the universe. Just be grateful you were born and relax. Be a good person. Laugh and vote
We are way more than a speck of sand in the universe. By any objective measure we are the pinnacle of Creation.
Somebody said the other day that the universe is new and we may be the first life to have happened but many many many more are to follow.

I don't think we are the first. In our solar system alone I think there was life on Mars before earth. Imagine they thought the universe was made for them one time too. Or maybe they weren't smart enough to contemplate such things.

It's arrogant and ignorant to think life won't pop up in the next ten billion years. When our star dies another star is just starting to sprout up new planets with life.

Then God will find us when we die.
And you can ask Him why He didn't do a better job of making Himself known to you, right? I think that is a brilliant plan. You should explain to the Creator of existence where He went wrong.
He already knows
Knows what?
Where he went wrong
Carl Sagan said he has 2 questions when he meets God.

A. Which God are you? Humans have thousands of different gods.

B. Why did you go to such great length to hide from us?

He popped up in the most undeveloped part of the world 2000 years ago disappeared and we haven't seen him since and we're supposed to believe the stories?

I do admit things have to be just right. You need a moon for example. And if a meteor didn't take out the dinosaurs we may still be rat monkeys that T-Rex eats. Because we stopped worrying about being eaten smart men advanced us more than strong men. When we became safe smart was able to invent and teach and we humans have built on the knowledge of our ancestors before us. Had dinosaurs stuck around we may still be tree dwelling monkeys. Our species of homosapian may not have survived.

Science.
You aren't very good at it.

We are way more than a speck of sand in the universe. By any objective measure we are the pinnacle of Creation.
Somebody said the other day that the universe is new and we may be the first life to have happened but many many many more are to follow.

I don't think we are the first. In our solar system alone I think there was life on Mars before earth. Imagine they thought the universe was made for them one time too. Or maybe they weren't smart enough to contemplate such things.

It's arrogant and ignorant to think life won't pop up in the next ten billion years. When our star dies another star is just starting to sprout up new planets with life.
Hmmmm... do you have any proof for those beliefs or are you taking that on faith?

I love hot dogs. The fatter the better. With lot's of chili and cheese and onions and a little bit of ketchup. Yum, yum. You don't like hot dogs?
I don't like the super size hot dogs. I prefer the classic size. But I bet you can take a big one real deep
Do you feel better now? Just as only sick people need a doctor, only people who are angry need to lash out.
Aren't you the one who started the gay jokes? Or were you judging again?

I just find this fascinating. Today I asked a bunch of Christians if dinosaurs lives 13 toilet squares and us only 1 inch of one square, what was God thinking? We're dinosaurs a mistake? No one could answer me.

I think they were all born into the religion and brainwashed just like they are brainwashing their kids. Now you may argue its a good lie but is it?

I'd rather you tell us all the truth.

He already knows
Knows what?
Where he went wrong
Carl Sagan said he has 2 questions when he meets God.

A. Which God are you? Humans have thousands of different gods.

B. Why did you go to such great length to hide from us?

He popped up in the most undeveloped part of the world 2000 years ago disappeared and we haven't seen him since and we're supposed to believe the stories?
A. There is only one. It doesn't matter what you call Him. There is only one of Him.

B. He's not that hard to find.

You can know Him from what He has created so that you are without excuse.

I just find this fascinating. Today I asked a bunch of Christians if dinosaurs lives 13 toilet squares and us only 1 inch of one square, what was God thinking? We're dinosaurs a mistake? No one could answer me.

I think they were all born into the religion and brainwashed just like they are brainwashing their kids. Now you may argue its a good lie but is it?

Which gay jokes were those?

I've already explained to you the difference between judging people and judging actions. Two different things with two different consequences.

Your question doesn't make any sense. If you are asking why it took so long for nature to create beings that know and create, let me know and I'll walk you though it.

As near as I can tell, you are a pretty bitter dude. Are you sure what you are doing is working?

Hmmmm... do you have any proof for those beliefs or are you taking that on faith?
I certainly don't have faith in it like it's a religion. I've just deduced it in my head. What you have to do is think bigger than what is currently known. That's what Darwin did when he came up with evolution. Does he have proof?

I don't have proof because I can't time travel and we don't have the capability to see far enough to know.

We think there's life in Europa. We don't know. Yet. Do you not think there is life in the universe outside of earth? Why do you think that? Does the bible say we are the only life in the universe?

I certainly don't have faith in it like it's a religion. I've just deduced it in my head. What you have to do is think bigger than what is currently known. That's what Darwin did when he came up with evolution. Does he have proof?

I don't have proof because I can't time travel and we don't have the capability to see far enough to know.

We think there's life in Europa. We don't know. Yet. Do you not think there is life in the universe outside of earth? Why do you think that? Does the bible say we are the only life in the universe?
I see. I'll get back to that in a minute but I am curious what kind of life do you think is on Europa.

Which gay jokes were those?

I've already explained to you the difference between judging people and judging actions. Two different things with two different consequences.

Your question doesn't make any sense. If you are asking why it took so long for nature to create beings that know and create, let me know and I'll walk you though it.

As near as I can tell, you are a pretty bitter dude. Are you sure what you are doing is working?
Not bitter at all. I passionately wish people would smarten up. I think we'd all be better for it. And I think we're already heading in the right direction but not fast enough.

And I had a great Easter. I know, I should be ashamed making fun of all those good people but I just can't help it. I only do it here but I love running into like minded people and we have enough respect for our Christian friends to keep our beliefs to ourselves but really I wonder how many Christians really believe all the stuff the church is peddling. I think most don't ask questions that make them uncomfortable.

Forum List

Back