How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

• Strong Theist

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • De-facto Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Weak Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pure Agnostic

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Weak Atheist

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • De-facto Atheist

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Strong Atheist

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
You have a big enough brain to think and wonder and be superstitious. We understand it makes humans uncomfortable not knowing all the answers. So we come up with wild theories. Can't even call them theories because those require evidence.

We got nothing. Other than 1000 holy books all claiming it visited. Do you believe any of them?

Everything dies including your thinking soul. No heaven awaits. Come on now wake up to reality man.

You are such a speck of sand in the universe. Just be grateful you were born and relax. Be a good person. Laugh and vote
We are way more than a speck of sand in the universe. By any objective measure we are the pinnacle of Creation.
Somebody said the other day that the universe is new and we may be the first life to have happened but many many many more are to follow.

I don't think we are the first. In our solar system alone I think there was life on Mars before earth. Imagine they thought the universe was made for them one time too. Or maybe they weren't smart enough to contemplate such things.

It's arrogant and ignorant to think life won't pop up in the next ten billion years. When our star dies another star is just starting to sprout up new planets with life.
Hmmmm... do you have any proof for those beliefs or are you taking that on faith?
I certainly don't have faith in it like it's a religion. I've just deduced it in my head. What you have to do is think bigger than what is currently known. That's what Darwin did when he came up with evolution. Does he have proof?

I don't have proof because I can't time travel and we don't have the capability to see far enough to know.

We think there's life in Europa. We don't know. Yet. Do you not think there is life in the universe outside of earth? Why do you think that? Does the bible say we are the only life in the universe?
I see. I'll get back to that in a minute but I am curious what kind of life do you think is on Europa.
Fish

ThatI believe that's called "moving the goalposts". Dingbat's fave move.
I figured that you like big hotdogs.

But I'm open to god contacting me, no conditions. Lump it, princess.
I love hot dogs. The fatter the better. With lot's of chili and cheese and onions and a little bit of ketchup. Yum, yum. You don't like hot dogs?
I don't like the super size hot dogs. I prefer the classic size. But I bet you can take a big one real deep
Do you feel better now? Just as only sick people need a doctor, only people who are angry need to lash out.
Aren't you the one who started the gay jokes? Or were you judging again?

I just find this fascinating. Today I asked a bunch of Christians if dinosaurs lives 13 toilet squares and us only 1 inch of one square, what was God thinking? We're dinosaurs a mistake? No one could answer me.

I think they were all born into the religion and brainwashed just like they are brainwashing their kids. Now you may argue its a good lie but is it?

I'd rather you tell us all the truth.
Which gay jokes were those?

I've already explained to you the difference between judging people and judging actions. Two different things with two different consequences.

Your question doesn't make any sense. If you are asking why it took so long for nature to create beings that know and create, let me know and I'll walk you though it.

As near as I can tell, you are a pretty bitter dude. Are you sure what you are doing is working?
why it took so long for nature to create beings that know and create,

all beings know and create is why they are alive.

....So instead of saying that human beings are spiritual beings you can just be real and say that human beings are pretentious liars.
Interesting to see your true view of human beings.

"The human heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure." Jeremiah 17:9

It says so in the bible and I have seen the pretentious deceit with my own eyes and heard the lies with my own ears and so I believe.

If you don't believe peek inside any christian church that professes that Jesus was an edible triune mangod and you will see for yourself sweet little old ladies misleading children to openly engage in the insanity of pretending to be doing something holy by defying the commands of God.

What do you call it?

Spirituality?

Pft!

why would anyone read that awful book.

Personally I got fed up with all the sanctimonious bullshit coming at me from preachers and believers everywhere, so I decided to take look to see for myself if their claims to moral authority are supported by scripture.

Thats why, and guess what.

I found out that most are just actors and lying frauds the rest are thoroughly deluded zombies being held in captivity....

Things are really far worse than they appear.

....So instead of saying that human beings are spiritual beings you can just be real and say that human beings are pretentious liars.

It says so in the bible and I have seen the pretentious deceit with my own eyes and heard the lies with my own ears and so I believe.

If you don't believe peek inside any christian church that professes that Jesus was an edible triune mangod and you will see for yourself sweet little old ladies misleading children to openly engage in the insanity of pretending to be doing something holy by defying the commands of God.

What do you call it?

Spirituality?

Pft!
So the beliefs and practices of others offends you. Which church do you attend?

seriously? You think that I attend a church? lol, damn.

And no, its not the beliefs and practices of others that offend me, its their inability to perceive that to me their sin is as obvious as a white boulder in the middle of plowed field yet they still try to deny it.

Its pathetic.

Kind of like you claiming to believe in one God yet bowing down before an edible triune roman perversion of Jesus.

So no, churches and the silly things people do in churches doesn't bother me in the least when I am walking by, just like a graveyard and all the dead people in there doesn't bother me at all when I am walking by.

Its just when some zombie sits next to me on the subway and vomits on my shoes when I am minding my own business, or some religiously addled poster butts in and tries to drag my soul into their hell is when I have to break out the crucifix, the silver bullet, and the wooden stake.

I'll be damned if I let some low IQ nincompoop eat my brains.

Last edited:
I'm very open to a higher power, of which there could very well be one. But as of right now, I see no actual proof. And neither do you.

First, if you're indeed a thinking man, stop the silly talk of proof of god. We are discussing spirituality, not science.

My reasoning is somewhat of an "I think therefore I am" analogy. Man is a spiritually being. All thru history we see evidence of mankinds spirituality. It is apparent in all societies/civilizations. So is it possible for spirituality to exist if there is no spirit? My answer is no. That answer doesn't define god, but for me it does conclude there is spiritual existence.
So all you have is suppositions. Got it.
Some call it The Way. What do you have?
Science.
You aren't very good at it.
I don't have to be, there are scientists working for me.

I love hot dogs. The fatter the better. With lot's of chili and cheese and onions and a little bit of ketchup. Yum, yum. You don't like hot dogs?
I don't like the super size hot dogs. I prefer the classic size. But I bet you can take a big one real deep
Do you feel better now? Just as only sick people need a doctor, only people who are angry need to lash out.

I just find this fascinating. Today I asked a bunch of Christians if dinosaurs lives 13 toilet squares and us only 1 inch of one square, what was God thinking? We're dinosaurs a mistake? No one could answer me.

I think they were all born into the religion and brainwashed just like they are brainwashing their kids. Now you may argue its a good lie but is it?

I've already explained to you the difference between judging people and judging actions. Two different things with two different consequences.

Your question doesn't make any sense. If you are asking why it took so long for nature to create beings that know and create, let me know and I'll walk you though it.

As near as I can tell, you are a pretty bitter dude. Are you sure what you are doing is working?
Not bitter at all. I passionately wish people would smarten up. I think we'd all be better for it. And I think we're already heading in the right direction but not fast enough.

And I had a great Easter. I know, I should be ashamed making fun of all those good people but I just can't help it. I only do it here but I love running into like minded people and we have enough respect for our Christian friends to keep our beliefs to ourselves but really I wonder how many Christians really believe all the stuff the church is peddling. I think most don't ask questions that make them uncomfortable.
People who aren't bitter don't enjoy making fun of others like you do.

We are way more than a speck of sand in the universe. By any objective measure we are the pinnacle of Creation.
Somebody said the other day that the universe is new and we may be the first life to have happened but many many many more are to follow.

I don't think we are the first. In our solar system alone I think there was life on Mars before earth. Imagine they thought the universe was made for them one time too. Or maybe they weren't smart enough to contemplate such things.

It's arrogant and ignorant to think life won't pop up in the next ten billion years. When our star dies another star is just starting to sprout up new planets with life.
Hmmmm... do you have any proof for those beliefs or are you taking that on faith?
I certainly don't have faith in it like it's a religion. I've just deduced it in my head. What you have to do is think bigger than what is currently known. That's what Darwin did when he came up with evolution. Does he have proof?

I don't have proof because I can't time travel and we don't have the capability to see far enough to know.

We think there's life in Europa. We don't know. Yet. Do you not think there is life in the universe outside of earth? Why do you think that? Does the bible say we are the only life in the universe?
I see. I'll get back to that in a minute but I am curious what kind of life do you think is on Europa.
Fish
Lol

First, if you're indeed a thinking man, stop the silly talk of proof of god. We are discussing spirituality, not science.

My reasoning is somewhat of an "I think therefore I am" analogy. Man is a spiritually being. All thru history we see evidence of mankinds spirituality. It is apparent in all societies/civilizations. So is it possible for spirituality to exist if there is no spirit? My answer is no. That answer doesn't define god, but for me it does conclude there is spiritual existence.
Science.
You aren't very good at it.
I don't have to be, there are scientists working for me.
I'm glad you acknowledge this limitation at least.

What do you call it?

Spirituality?

Pft!
So the beliefs and practices of others offends you. Which church do you attend?

seriously? You think that I attend a church? lol, damn.

And no, its not the beliefs and practices of others that offend me, its their inability to perceive that to me their sin is as obvious as a white boulder in the middle of plowed field yet they still try to deny it.

Its pathetic.

Kind of like you claiming to believe in one God yet bowing down before an edible triune roman perversion of Jesus.

So no, churches and the silly things people do in churches doesn't bother me in the least when I am walking by, just like a graveyard and all the dead people in there doesn't bother me at all when I am walking by.

Its just when some zombie sits next to me on the subway and vomits on my shoes when I am minding my own business, or some religiously addled poster butts in and tries to drag my soul into their hell is when I have to break out the crucifix, the silver bullet, and the wooden stake.

I'll be damned if I let some low IQ nincompoop eat my brains.
Do you believe in the God of Abraham?

I agree, as a former pure agnostic I can tell you that you'll eventually realize there is some sort of higher power, assuming you're indeed a committed thinking man.
I'm very open to a higher power, of which there could very well be one. But as of right now, I see no actual proof. And neither do you.

You have a big enough brain to think and wonder and be superstitious. We understand it makes humans uncomfortable not knowing all the answers. So we come up with wild theories. Can't even call them theories because those require evidence.

We got nothing. Other than 1000 holy books all claiming it visited. Do you believe any of them?

Everything dies including your thinking soul. No heaven awaits. Come on now wake up to reality man.

You are such a speck of sand in the universe. Just be grateful you were born and relax. Be a good person. Laugh and vote
Interesting theory, now prove it or just say it's your belief.
You want proof of what you highlighted? OK, there was a time when primitive man prayed to the sun. Prayed every night it would come back and gave thanks in the morning when it did. The Indians had some crazy spirit world theories. Africans prayed to Juju. Greeks made up all the Greek gods. Mohammad, Joe Smith, jehovas.

These are all wild theories based on zero evidence. Now Christianity came up with an interesting hook. Believe or burn in hell. I find it laughable, idiotic, insulting and I believe this ignorance is holding us back.
Examples of man trying to use physical means to satisfy a spiritual need.

Doctors used to use leeches to suck "bad humors" out of patients. Some died from bleeding, but as it turns out, leeches do have a use in medicine: Modern Leeching - Science Updates - Science NetLinks

Last edited:

Not bitter at all. I passionately wish people would smarten up. I think we'd all be better for it. And I think we're already heading in the right direction but not fast enough.

And I had a great Easter. I know, I should be ashamed making fun of all those good people but I just can't help it. I only do it here but I love running into like minded people and we have enough respect for our Christian friends to keep our beliefs to ourselves but really I wonder how many Christians really believe all the stuff the church is peddling. I think most don't ask questions that make them uncomfortable.

5 Reasons Why I Hate Religious Christianity | The Huffington Post

Interesting theory, now prove it or just say it's your belief.
You want proof of what you highlighted? OK, there was a time when primitive man prayed to the sun. Prayed every night it would come back and gave thanks in the morning when it did. The Indians had some crazy spirit world theories. Africans prayed to Juju. Greeks made up all the Greek gods. Mohammad, Joe Smith, jehovas.

These are all wild theories based on zero evidence. Now Christianity came up with an interesting hook. Believe or burn in hell. I find it laughable, idiotic, insulting and I believe this ignorance is holding us back.
Examples of man trying to use physical means to satisfy a spiritual need.

Doctors used to use leeches to suck "bad humors" out of patients. Some died from bleeding, but as it turns out, leeches do have a use in medicine: Modern Leeching - Science Updates - Science NetLinks

And people use the spiritual to cure the physical. I get it. Mental and physical are connected.

I agree, as a former pure agnostic I can tell you that you'll eventually realize there is some sort of higher power, assuming you're indeed a committed thinking man.

Science.

Hey science is great, I love it. The only problem for the truly thinking man with science is it can't explain the presents of spirituality demonstrated by man throughout history in virtually every culture. You can say it's just made up, but you're dismissing some of the greatest minds, most inspired architecture and art to ever exist. A mature mind will eventually understand and accept it is beyond science.

Hey science is great, I love it. The only problem for the truly thinking man with science is it can't explain the presents of spirituality demonstrated by man throughout history in virtually every culture. You can say it's just made up, but you're dismissing some of the greatest minds, most inspired architecture and art to ever exist. A mature mind will eventually understand and accept it is beyond science.
Agreed. True scientists know that science only deals with the natural universe. Only those who believe in atheism claim that science can prove or disprove what is outside of our universe.

Fish
Lol

Well when you look and see Trilobites were around for millions of years before dinosaurs and then dinosaurs were around for millions of years before us, it sort of blows your theory that god created the earth for us. It blows the story how god made the earth in 7 days and man on the 6th day. If he made it for us why go through those periods? Oh yea, we needed the dinosaurs to make oil. LOL.

.Well when you look and see Trilobites were around for millions of years before dinosaurs and then dinosaurs were around for millions of years before us, it sort of blows your theory that god created the earth for us. It blows the story how god made the earth in 7 days and man on the 6th day. If he made it for us why go through those periods? Oh yea, we needed the dinosaurs to make oil. LOL.

Only for those who take Genesis literally.

Fish
Lol

Well when you look and see Trilobites were around for millions of years before dinosaurs and then dinosaurs were around for millions of years before us, it sort of blows your theory that god created the earth for us. It blows the story how god made the earth in 7 days and man on the 6th day. If he made it for us why go through those periods? Oh yea, we needed the dinosaurs to make oil. LOL.

Actually it doesn't. Why do you think it does? The realization of intention is based on the final product.

5 Reasons Why I Hate Religious Christianity | The Huffington Post
People who aren't bitter don't hate.

Forum List

Back