How much of your paycheck do you want the US to spend on Israeli defense?

Israel is a nation...a foreign nation. A nation that should be standing on its own. To say that does not mean that people hate Jews. There are more Jews in the U.S. than there are in Israel so if this was an "I hate Jews" thing, people would talk about hating NYC for example.

So, stop trying to deflect. Not fooling anyone.

Not trying to fool anyone bub. Just saying, whenever you start bitching about foreign aid, ISRAEL is always the first name to roll off your tongue.

Really? You, of course, are prepared to prove that. Will wait for you to pull up my posts/threads doing that very thing. :eusa_whistle:

I cannot help but notice that Soggy, having made false accusations about me has cut and run.

I see a lot of people on here wanting the US to run it's foreign policy on what's the best way to defend Israel.

So that leads me to ask, what percentage or how much do you WANT taken out of your check to pay for their country's defense?
You might also ask how many Americans responsible for sending $7 million/day to the Jewish state understand the religious and cultural discrimination their tax dollars support.

"While US (corporate) media almost never report this, the fact is that their religions (Islam and Christianity) are routinely disparaged, their economic situation is far inferior, their children are taught in school that Jewish culture is superior to all others, and periodically there are outright attacks on their institutions and texts -- in 1980 hundreds of copies of the New Testament were publicly and ceremonially burnt in Jerusalem under the auspices of a Jewish organization subsidized by the Israeli Ministry of Religions.

"Today, thousands of Muslims and Christians under Israeli occupation are prevented from worshiping in their holiest churches and mosques."

What Our Taxes...

Imagine that.. A jew hating thread pops up and here comes George. Gee, what a surprise..

You have yet to prove that a thread about foreign aid to a country is "jew-hating"...of course, it is not as if proving your accusations is a priority to you.

Give me a number, I want a number that would make you look at your paycheck and say "Gee, I'm sure glad I don't have that money to spend on my own free will and that it'll be used to protect a foreign country I like even though they have their own taxes and defense."

10%?

$200 a month?

What is it?

If the Federal budget is 1.5-trillion, and 1-billion goes to Israel, my higest year of federal taxes (excluding FICA - State-County) was about 35-grand; so that was my worst case year and only about $25 (that's TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS) of my tax payment went to Israel.

A large part of that (as well as Egypt,s) came back for the purchase of US military hardware, and other US particulars.

Your 200 a month option would only come from a taxpayer earning about $1,250,000 per annum.

Worth it until we can come up with a better more efficient alternative. I personally believe that foreign aid is a bargain.

Last edited:
I see a lot of people on here wanting the US to run it's foreign policy on what's the best way to defend Israel.

So that leads me to ask, what percentage or how much do you WANT taken out of your check to pay for their country's defense?
You might also ask how many Americans responsible for sending $7 million/day to the Jewish state understand the religious and cultural discrimination their tax dollars support.

"While US (corporate) media almost never report this, the fact is that their religions (Islam and Christianity) are routinely disparaged, their economic situation is far inferior, their children are taught in school that Jewish culture is superior to all others, and periodically there are outright attacks on their institutions and texts -- in 1980 hundreds of copies of the New Testament were publicly and ceremonially burnt in Jerusalem under the auspices of a Jewish organization subsidized by the Israeli Ministry of Religions.

"Today, thousands of Muslims and Christians under Israeli occupation are prevented from worshiping in their holiest churches and mosques."

What Our Taxes...

Imagine that.. A jew hating thread pops up and here comes George. Gee, what a surprise..
Do you agree with Rabbi Hurvitz?

"It seems that when Rabbi Hurvitz is a member of a minority (Jewish Americans constitute approximately two percent of the American population) he applauds a secular state in which the majority religion relinquishes its traditional symbols and culture in the name of freedom of religion.

"When he is a member of the majority, on the other hand, he advocates a state where a religious symbol is on the very flag itself, and where individuals must carry ID cards denoting their religious background."

Is your principal loyalty to the US or Israel?

Give me a number, I want a number that would make you look at your paycheck and say "Gee, I'm sure glad I don't have that money to spend on my own free will and that it'll be used to protect a foreign country I like even though they have their own taxes and defense."

10%?

$200 a month?

What is it?

If the Federal budget is 1.5-trillion, and 1-billion goes to Israel, my higest year of federal taxes (excluding FICA - State-County) was about 35-grand; so that was my worst case year and only about $25 (that's TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS) of my tax payment went to Israel.

A large part of that (as well as Egypt,s) came back for the purchase of US military hardware, and other US particulars.

Your 200 a month option would only come from a taxpayer earning about $1,250,000 per annum.

Worth it until we can come up with a better more efficient alternative. I personally believe that foreign aid is a bargain.

hold it-----paying someone to buy our weapons for less than we pay for them is worth it ?

Who exactly are we propping up here ?

What Our Taxes...

You have yet to prove that a thread about foreign aid to a country is "jew-hating"...of course, it is not as if proving your accusations is a priority to you.

I guess you prove all of your "opinions" hmm Bod?? Dummy

10%?

$200 a month?

What is it?

hold it-----paying someone to buy our weapons for less than we pay for them is worth it ?

We're not propping up anyone. We are (have been) investing in peace in the ME. We agreed to sell both parties military hardware including aircraft. We also invested in professionalizing the Egyptian military, training them here in the US; giving them some of our own military sense of duty and mission. Money is fungible, and part of our "aid" had to come back here. It has been a cost to us, but we have no way of measuring what benefits have flowed out of that, as it helped stabilize the region. It was peanuts.

And It was the very wealthy who paid the largest share. An individual earning about 35-grand a year paid about a dollar-fifty a year as proportionally derived.

Last edited:
How much of your paycheck do you want the US to spend on Israeli defense?

As little as possible. If we are fighting a common enemy, then I can understand providing a modicum of support. However, there should be a separate war tax for such expenditures. I don't believe it should be part of the general defense fund.

There are Israeli soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan? Is there some other war going on? :eek:

I don't think they play war well with others... Does the "Liberty" ring a bell? I have no problem with them fighting Muslims and vice versa.. Pay for it?.. not so much.

"There are two extremely valuable books on the topic by authors less timid than I, both Jewish, one Israeli: 'Jewish History, Jewish Religion' (posted on ifamericansknew.org in full) by Dr. Israel Shahak, a holocaust survivor and, until his death in 2001, a highly regarded Israeli professor of chemistry; and 'Jewish Fundamentalism in Israel,' co-authored by Dr. Shahak and Dr. Norton Mezvinsky, a professor of history who in 2002 was named by the Connecticut State University Board of Trustees an official 'Connecticut State University Professor...a signal honor, reserved for faculty members who fulfill the highest ideals of outstanding teaching, scholarly achievement and public service...'"

"Shahak and Mezvinsky provide a number of translations from the Talmud and other writings that they note are omitted from books on Judaism published in English; for example, from a fundamental book of Hassidism: 'All non-Jews are totally satanic creatures 'in whom there is absolutely nothing good.'

"'Even a non-Jewish embryo is qualitatively different from a Jewish one.'

"The very existence of a non-Jew is 'non-essential', whereas all creation was created solely for the sake of the Jews."

"There are many such passages.

"What makes such texts particularly significant, Shahak explains, is that 'n Israel these ideas are widely disseminated among the public at large, in the schools and in the army.'"

Your tax dollars help fund Jewish Fundamentalism backed up by two hundred nuclear weapons.

It isn't hateful or antisemitic to point that out.

What Our Taxes...

Dillo, I don't know if we sold weapons for less than we pay for them. But if we did the last units are cheaper than the first units, just like the first pill from a pharma company bears all the cost of the development and approval, but the final pill just has the cost of raw materials; at least to a comparable degree.

It also helps us in our parts supply business, which I'm pretty sure did not discount. Those are American jobs. A lot better than buying French aircraft with our money then supporting their aircraft industry down the line.

Last edited:

We're not propping up anyone. We are (have been) investing in peace in the ME. We agreed to sell both parties military hardware including aircraft. We also invested in professionalizing the Egyptian military, training them here in the US; giving them some of our own military sense of duty and mission. Money is fungible, and part of our "aid" had to come back here. It has been a cost to us, but we have no way of measuring what benefits have flowed out of that, as it helped stabilize the region. It was peanuts.

And It was the very wealthy who paid the largest share. An individual earning about 35-grand a year paid about a dollar-fifty a year as proportionally derived.

And do you understand how much people hate us for bribing their governments and selling weapons that get used against us and the civilians of that country ?
If we have to buy peace it ain't peace.

And do you understand how much people hate us for bribing their governments and selling weapons that get used against us and the civilians of that country ?
If we have to buy peace it ain't peace.
We weren't "buying peace" we were investing in stability in the region. The peace may well hold because Egypt's military has been endowed by training and education with standards innate to their US counter-parts.

That military is the strongest institution in Egypt, and is a far superior institution than the one that attacked Israel, what 4-wars prior? My opinion, and it is my opinion only, is that it was the military, seeing Mubarak not letting go, that moved him out, not allowing his son Gamal to come to power.

I won't even go into the value I see in having a reliable partner in the ME for vital intelligence, staging, and support.

Last edited:
Aid to our ALLY Israel is pretty much established just like our aid to every other ally and NATO treaty member. The BIG QUESTION that left wingers are desperately trying to camouflage is how much of the fragile economy of the US will be used to aid the muslem brotherhood to stabilize Egypt.

Absolutely zero, I don't believe in supporting religious states or supporting a state or country because of their religion.

What Our Taxes...

How in the blue hell is this a Jew hating thread? Thats retarded just like your suggestion, giving Israel money does nothing for us and I rather that 3 billion be used to take care of our people than go into supporting a country because of their religion, face it, that money is for Israeli Jews, not Israeli Christians and Arabs.

Absolutely zero, I don't believe in supporting religious states or supporting a state or country because of their religion.

I see it a little differently; The Jews were disposited from their homeland under the Romans, and were finally able to bring part of the diaspora back together in modern times to a small, U.S. county sized sliver of land; something that likely would never have happened had it not been for the holocaust. They do not deny any religious faction the right to vote; they do discriminate and deny against activities of political parties which advocate the destruction of their state.

When you look at Israel do you see an Israeli Democracy or a Jewish Democracy?

"In Israel Citizenship and nationality are two different things. Citizenship (ezrahut) may be held by Arabs or Jews.

"Nationality (le'um), bestows much greater rights than citizenship, is for Jews alone.

"In 1972 the Supreme Court that non-Jews cannot qualify for nationality rights in the state of Israel because there is no Israeli nation separate from the Jewish people."

In 1948 Mandate Palestine Jews comprised less than one third of the population.

Imposing a Jewish state in a land overwhelmingly non-Jewish was designed to destabilize the Middle East and stimulate US and UK arms sales to that region.

In other words, it's only giving money to Jews that bothers you?

Again, why do people always make this assumption? Why is it necessarily about race? Why can't it be about the country, its actions, its beliefs, etc.

because in my experience there isn't a lot of complaint about the money being put into every other part of the world. but anti-semites obsessively whine about israel.

are you aware that 75% of what we give israel comes back to us in the form of arms purchases?

i'd say that's a win/win...

Not true. Simply not true.

Forum List

Back