How much should we pay in taxes?

I've always wondered, in a country that has produced a $30 trillion debt, why are we led to believe that paying increased taxes is needed to pay it off? The new democrat infrastructure bill is full of such taxes. And why give us a stimulus and then just take it all back in taxes?

View attachment 474844

Are taxes more or less a way to control people more than a way to generate revenue to pay for an unsurmountable debt that will never be paid down?

Or do some think that we need to keep a tax/debt ratio to keep it from all falling apart?

And what is our "fair share" of paying taxes? I hear this constantly from the government. What is fair?

One of my favorite quotes of all time comes from Ben Franklin

"It would be thought a hard government
that should tax its people one tenth part."

It makes me laugh every time I read it.

How much of your fair share did you pay in taxes last year?

How much public infrastructure did you use in comparison to the amount of tax you paid?

Amazon paid zero in taxes last year. The CEO is worth $180 Billion.

How much above zero would you consider a fair share for Amazon to pay?

How much infrastructure do they use in comparison to the amount of taxes they paid last year?

Sounds like you want to start a new thread about the tax code cupcake.
We should pay enough taxes to pay our bills. We made them, and we owe them. The rich should pay more.

Spend what we earn.
We already spent it. We owe it. Were you raised to be a deadbeat who didn't want to pay his bills?
then why do you want to dump it on our children???
We already spent the money. Those bills don't just go away. The only moral and ethical thing to do is pay them. If we can't pay them all, they will be waiting for our kids. That's just the way things are.

then you pay them and let the future generations live in peace,,

dont make me and others that have been trying to stop your spending spree pay for them,,
OUR representatives spent the money. WE owe it. If you don't like the way it is spent, then elect somebody else next time, and they will spend our money. Either way, they are our bills and we have to pay them.
and you voted for them and proudly defend their actions,,

so you pay up and leave the rest of us alone,, including the unborn,,
If you voted, WE elected them. If you didn't vote then quit whining. Not my fault that so few people voted like you did.
no one I ever voted for increased the national debt,,,

anymore stupid remarks??
Not my fault you voted for people nobody wanted.

I've always wondered, in a country that has produced a $30 trillion debt, why are we led to believe that paying increased taxes is needed to pay it off? The new democrat infrastructure bill is full of such taxes. And why give us a stimulus and then just take it all back in taxes?

View attachment 474844

Are taxes more or less a way to control people more than a way to generate revenue to pay for an unsurmountable debt that will never be paid down?

Or do some think that we need to keep a tax/debt ratio to keep it from all falling apart?

And what is our "fair share" of paying taxes? I hear this constantly from the government. What is fair?

How much public infrastructure did you use in comparison to the amount of tax you paid?

How much infrastructure do they use in comparison to the amount of taxes they paid last year?

We should pay enough taxes to pay our bills. We made them, and we owe them. The rich should pay more.

Spend what we earn.
We already spent it. We owe it. Were you raised to be a deadbeat who didn't want to pay his bills?

As soon as government shows they can run a balanced budget we can address the deb.

Why pay the debt when we are just PILING on more?
Spoken like a true lazy bum. Grow up and pay your own bills.

I carry zero debt.
So you already paid your part of our infrastructure, military, police, fire protection, etc.? You're gonna have to come up with receipts for all that before anyone will believe you.
I pay it every yr with my property taxs,, the fed taxs go to foreign countries and people that refuse to work,,
We all pay property tax, and it is spent the way our representatives decide. You haven't paid your part of the federal debt any more than anyone else.

I hope you are sitting down - I do everything I can to pay as little tax at any and all times.

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

As soon as government shows they can run a balanced budget we can address the deb.

I carry zero debt.
So you already paid your part of our infrastructure, military, police, fire protection, etc.? You're gonna have to come up with receipts for all that before anyone will believe you.
I pay it every yr with my property taxs,, the fed taxs go to foreign countries and people that refuse to work,,
We all pay property tax, and it is spent the way our representatives decide. You haven't paid your part of the federal debt any more than anyone else.
youre trying to deflect , or youre just a fucking idiot,,

property taxs pay for all the infrastructure in my community,,

the fed debt is on dems and repubes not me,,

so you caused the debt so you should pay it before you die so our children dont have too,,

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.
We already spent the money. Those bills don't just go away. The only moral and ethical thing to do is pay them. If we can't pay them all, they will be waiting for our kids. That's just the way things are.

dont make me and others that have been trying to stop your spending spree pay for them,,
OUR representatives spent the money. WE owe it. If you don't like the way it is spent, then elect somebody else next time, and they will spend our money. Either way, they are our bills and we have to pay them.

If you voted, WE elected them. If you didn't vote then quit whining. Not my fault that so few people voted like you did.

anymore stupid remarks??
WOW!! is that all you got to defend the massive debt you and your party has accumulated??

thats pathetic,,

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

Leftists have big plans for the unborn - if they can dodge abortion they are saddled with debt to enemy nations they will likely have to go to war with over.

Sad really.
And you whining about paying your share of the countries expenses will make them pay more.

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

I carry zero debt.

I think you know what I meant. Personally I carry no debt.

So I'll kick the can down the road like the game has been.
Of course you will. It's what selfish right wingers always do.

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

Leftists have big plans for the unborn - if they can dodge abortion they are saddled with debt to enemy nations they will likely have to go to war with over.

Sad really.
And you whining about paying your share of the countries expenses will make them pay more.
hate to break it to you skank but we are 30 trillion dollars past paying for expenses,,

its time you cock sucking twits paid the bills you created and leave unborn children out of it,,,

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

I carry zero debt.

So how much of this debt are you paying? Hmmmmm? Don't be a hypocrite--you just want to spend more of OTHER PEOPLE'S money.

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

I carry zero debt.

So how much of this debt are you paying? Hmmmmm? Don't be a hypocrite--you just want to spend more of OTHER PEOPLE'S money.
shes not paying any of it,, she wants to dump it on future generations,,

View attachment 474844

Taxation is theft

View attachment 474844

I love to hear people or companies that pay zero in taxs,,

its a goal every american should strive for,,
Damn skippy

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

I carry zero debt.

so you caused the debt so you should pay it before you die so our children dont have too,,
No federal expenditures on your roads or bridges? I really doubt that. You seem to think you have no responsibility for any of the federal debt. That's just childish.

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

I carry zero debt.

No federal expenditures on your roads or bridges? I really doubt that. You seem to think you have no responsibility for any of the federal debt. That's just childish.
not on the city or county roads,, and the fed roads I pay with my gas taxs,,

anymore stupid comments you would like to make?

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

I carry zero debt.

View attachment 474844

I love to hear people or companies that pay zero in taxs,,

its a goal every american should strive for,,
Damn skippy
damn what??

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

anymore stupid remarks??
WOW!! is that all you got to defend the massive debt you and your party has accumulated??

thats pathetic,,
You seem to be ignoring the 6.7 trillion increase under the orange idiot.

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

anymore stupid remarks??

thats pathetic,,
not at all,, one of the big reasons I didnt vote for him,,

why are you deflecting to him?? is it to hide what you and the dems have done??

Taxes....the price we pay for civilization. Oliver Wendell Holmes. The billionaires and corporations want to pay little to zero taxes so they have guys like Rush brainwash the working class into thinking taxes are bad and of course the brainwashed trump bots eat this shit up.

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

anymore stupid remarks??

thats pathetic,,
not at all,, one of the big reasons I didnt vote for him,,

why are you deflecting to him?? is it to hide what you and the dems have done??
You brought up spending by party. Expenses under the most recent repub president is hardly deflection. dumb ass.

it is called the Fair Tax Act. The only federal taxes we should pay is a 23% sales tax.

I view the Fair Tax as one of the worse ideas that ever came down the pike. I hate their use of the term, "sale tax". When I think of a 23% sales tax it's only natural to think a store needs to collect $23 in taxes for an item that sells for $100. That's not how it works with Fair Tax. That 23% tax rate the seller pays is captured through a 29.87% sales tax on the buyer. You see for that $100 item the store would need to charge $129.87 of which $29.87 would go to Uncle Sam (23% of $129.87) and then keep that $100.

That is not my main objection, only that the use of the term "sales tax" is bait and switch in its tactic.

Forum List

Back