🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How much should we pay in taxes?

I've always wondered, in a country that has produced a $30 trillion debt, why are we led to believe that paying increased taxes is needed to pay it off? The new democrat infrastructure bill is full of such taxes. And why give us a stimulus and then just take it all back in taxes?

View attachment 474844

Are taxes more or less a way to control people more than a way to generate revenue to pay for an unsurmountable debt that will never be paid down?

Or do some think that we need to keep a tax/debt ratio to keep it from all falling apart?

And what is our "fair share" of paying taxes? I hear this constantly from the government. What is fair?

One of my favorite quotes of all time comes from Ben Franklin

"It would be thought a hard government
that should tax its people one tenth part."

It makes me laugh every time I read it.

How much of your fair share did you pay in taxes last year?

How much public infrastructure did you use in comparison to the amount of tax you paid?

Amazon paid zero in taxes last year. The CEO is worth $180 Billion.

How much above zero would you consider a fair share for Amazon to pay?

How much infrastructure do they use in comparison to the amount of taxes they paid last year?

Sounds like you want to start a new thread about the tax code cupcake.
We should pay enough taxes to pay our bills. We made them, and we owe them. The rich should pay more.

Spend what we earn.
We already spent it. We owe it. Were you raised to be a deadbeat who didn't want to pay his bills?
then why do you want to dump it on our children???
We already spent the money. Those bills don't just go away. The only moral and ethical thing to do is pay them. If we can't pay them all, they will be waiting for our kids. That's just the way things are.

then you pay them and let the future generations live in peace,,

dont make me and others that have been trying to stop your spending spree pay for them,,
OUR representatives spent the money. WE owe it. If you don't like the way it is spent, then elect somebody else next time, and they will spend our money. Either way, they are our bills and we have to pay them.
and you voted for them and proudly defend their actions,,

so you pay up and leave the rest of us alone,, including the unborn,,
If you voted, WE elected them. If you didn't vote then quit whining. Not my fault that so few people voted like you did.
no one I ever voted for increased the national debt,,,

anymore stupid remarks??
Not my fault you voted for people nobody wanted.
WOW!! is that all you got to defend the massive debt you and your party has accumulated??

thats pathetic,,
You seem to be ignoring the 6.7 trillion increase under the orange idiot.
Spent by the democrat congress. Don't worry when CCP Joe's $15T bill hits you'll find something else to make a feeble deflection with. Try again.

I've always wondered, in a country that has produced a $30 trillion debt, why are we led to believe that paying increased taxes is needed to pay it off? The new democrat infrastructure bill is full of such taxes. And why give us a stimulus and then just take it all back in taxes?

View attachment 474844

Are taxes more or less a way to control people more than a way to generate revenue to pay for an unsurmountable debt that will never be paid down?

Or do some think that we need to keep a tax/debt ratio to keep it from all falling apart?

And what is our "fair share" of paying taxes? I hear this constantly from the government. What is fair?

How much public infrastructure did you use in comparison to the amount of tax you paid?

How much infrastructure do they use in comparison to the amount of taxes they paid last year?

We should pay enough taxes to pay our bills. We made them, and we owe them. The rich should pay more.

Spend what we earn.
We already spent it. We owe it. Were you raised to be a deadbeat who didn't want to pay his bills?
We already spent the money. Those bills don't just go away. The only moral and ethical thing to do is pay them. If we can't pay them all, they will be waiting for our kids. That's just the way things are.

dont make me and others that have been trying to stop your spending spree pay for them,,
OUR representatives spent the money. WE owe it. If you don't like the way it is spent, then elect somebody else next time, and they will spend our money. Either way, they are our bills and we have to pay them.

If you voted, WE elected them. If you didn't vote then quit whining. Not my fault that so few people voted like you did.
no one I ever voted for increased the national debt,,,

anymore stupid remarks??
Not my fault you voted for people nobody wanted.
WOW!! is that all you got to defend the massive debt you and your party has accumulated??

thats pathetic,,
You seem to be ignoring the 6.7 trillion increase under the orange idiot.
not at all,, one of the big reasons I didnt vote for him,,

why are you deflecting to him?? is it to hide what you and the dems have done??
You brought up spending by party. Expenses under the most recent repub president is hardly deflection. dumb ass.
of course it is when youre ignoring what your people are doing,,,

both you mother fuckers have fucked this country and future generations with your unpaid debt,,

but you feel free to make any excuse you want and I will make fun of you for doing it,,

1 billion or more income: 60%
100 million - 999,999 million: 45%
1 million - 100 million: 40%
300k - 1 million: 35%
100k - 299k: 30%
100k or less: 20%
Why?

Why not tax people less as they become more productive as an incentive to become more productive.

If a person paid less taxes as he earned more, everyone would strive to be more productive.

Why is taxing the productive always the default position with the left.

The rule is, if you want to lessen an activity, you tax it more. So the left wants to tax the successful.

Let's tax the poor. Do that and you'll create more successful people

Why?

Why not tax people less as they become more productive as an incentive to become more productive.

If a person paid less taxes as he earned more, everyone would strive to be more productive.

The rule is, if you want to lessen an activity, you tax it more. So the left wants to tax the successful.

Great idea, and if we refuse to feed our young children, then if they grow up they will always work harder to see that there is food on the table for their kids. You're so smart.

Why?

I haven't had quite enough scotch yet.

Regardless it will never be enough. When you don’t make enough to owe taxes then of course others should pay more. So what happens when “those” other people run out of money? Who then will be your sugar daddy?

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

Leftists have big plans for the unborn - if they can dodge abortion they are saddled with debt to enemy nations they will likely have to go to war with over.

Sad really.
And you whining about paying your share of the countries expenses will make them pay more.

And you whining about me paying a share of the countries debt will not make me want to pay it any more. Nosane?

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

As soon as government shows they can run a balanced budget we can address the deb.

Why pay the debt when we are just PILING on more?
Spoken like a true lazy bum. Grow up and pay your own bills.

I carry zero debt.
So you already paid your part of our infrastructure, military, police, fire protection, etc.? You're gonna have to come up with receipts for all that before anyone will believe you.

I think you know what I meant. Personally I carry no debt.

So I'll kick the can down the road like the game has been.
Of course you will. It's what selfish right wingers always do.

So only right wingers kick the debt can down the road sugar?

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

Leftists have big plans for the unborn - if they can dodge abortion they are saddled with debt to enemy nations they will likely have to go to war with over.

Sad really.
And you whining about paying your share of the countries expenses will make them pay more.

And you whining about me paying a share of the countries debt will not make me want to pay it any more. Nosane?

I'm not trying to convince you to do anything. I'm just pointing out your stupid remarks.

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

As soon as government shows they can run a balanced budget we can address the deb.

Why pay the debt when we are just PILING on more?
Spoken like a true lazy bum. Grow up and pay your own bills.

I carry zero debt.
So you already paid your part of our infrastructure, military, police, fire protection, etc.? You're gonna have to come up with receipts for all that before anyone will believe you.

I think you know what I meant. Personally I carry no debt.

So I'll kick the can down the road like the game has been.
Of course you will. It's what selfish right wingers always do.

So only right wingers kick the debt can down the road sugar?

link to where I said that?

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

Sad really.

I'm not trying to convince you to do anything. I'm just pointing out your stupid remarks.

I must have missed that darlin'.

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

Sad really.

Darlin? Are you hitting on me? I'll let you hold my balls if you promise to be gentle, but no kissing.

it is called the Fair Tax Act. The only federal taxes we should pay is a 23% sales tax.

I view the Fair Tax as one of the worse ideas that ever came down the pike. I hate their use of the term, "sale tax". When I think of a 23% sales tax it's only natural to think a store needs to collect $23 in taxes for an item that sells for $100. That's not how it works with Fair Tax. That 23% tax rate the seller pays is captured through a 29.87% sales tax on the buyer. You see for that $100 item the store would need to charge $129.87 of which $29.87 would go to Uncle Sam (23% of $129.87) and then keep that $100.

That is not my main objection, only that the use of the term "sales tax" is bait and switch in its tactic.

The Consumption Tax is 23% of the price of the new item or service. If the item costs $100, the tax would be $23. And that would be paid from your income which had no federal withholdings.

View attachment 474844

I love to hear people or companies that pay zero in taxs,,

its a goal every american should strive for,,
Damn skippy
damn what??
Old way of saying oh hell yes

View attachment 474844

Spend what we earn.

Sad really.

Darlin? Are you hitting on me? I'll let you hold my balls if you promise to be gentle, but no kissing.

No.

Well a couple of things here.

- The US public owns most of our debt.
- The Fed is a separate entity from the US Treasury (which houses the IRS). The Treasury taxes...the fed has nothing to do with that. So your Pocahontas meme is a very strange thing

Now to get to the meat and potatoes, how much should we pay in taxes:

You are the slave that big gov has been grooming for decades.

The Consumption Tax is 23% of the price of the new item or service. If the item costs $100, the tax would be $23. And that would be paid from your income which had no federal withholdings.

You are describing how state and local sales tax work. If state and local sales taxes total 23%, the seller charges the customer $123 for an item costing $100 to cover the seller's $23 tax.

Under the Fair Tax the 23% applies to the total amount received for the item sold or service provided. So if the seller desires a return of $100 for an item then the customer needs to fork over $129.87, not $123. That amount is calculated like this:
total cost minus 23% of total cost = $100
77% of total cost = $100
total cost = $100 / 0.77
total cost = $129.87
Government's share = $129.87 x 23% = $29.87
Seller's share = $129.87 - $29.87 = $100.00​

“(1) FOR 2021.—In the calendar year 2021, the rate of tax is 23 percent of the gross payments for the taxable property or service.
Text - H.R.25 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): FairTax Act of 2019 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

I understand their rational for doing this (inclusive versus exclusive tax rates). It's just that saying it's a 23% sales tax is misleading in terms of how the tax is currently applied and thought of.

it is called the Fair Tax Act. The only federal taxes we should pay is a 23% sales tax.

I view the Fair Tax as one of the worse ideas that ever came down the pike. I hate their use of the term, "sale tax". When I think of a 23% sales tax it's only natural to think a store needs to collect $23 in taxes for an item that sells for $100. That's not how it works with Fair Tax. That 23% tax rate the seller pays is captured through a 29.87% sales tax on the buyer. You see for that $100 item the store would need to charge $129.87 of which $29.87 would go to Uncle Sam (23% of $129.87) and then keep that $100.

That is not my main objection, only that the use of the term "sales tax" is bait and switch in its tactic.

What the **** are you rambling about, Sparky?

Why?

You are pretending that being poor is an option people choose.
That is not how it works.
It take money to make money.
And those who really make the most are the ones who simply control a lot of money, they get from something like inheritance.
Then all they have to do is loan that to others who do all the work, and the wealthy who loan it out get all the profits.
So taxes have to be based on ability to pay.
The poor have no ability to pay, even if they wanted to.
The wealthy not only can pay, but should, because they are the ones getting all the benefits from the successful system.

Forum List

Back