How much worse will this get - predictions?

It's not like this doesn't have historical precedence, Mac...

Donald Trump and the Violence to Come

“You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out on a stretcher.”
In January, when protesters tried to disrupt a Trump rally in Vermont, Trump instructed security guards to “Get him out of here … Don't give him his coat, keep his coat. Confiscate his coat. You know, it’s about 10 degrees below zero outside.” As security dragged a protester from a Nevada rally in February, Trump declared: “You know what I hate? There’s a guy, totally disruptive, throwing punches, we’re not allowed to punch back anymore. I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out on a stretcher.” Reporters found no evidence that the protester had, in fact, punched anyone.

In mentioning the “old days,” Trump was likely referring to the 1960s. Back then, another generation of young leftists disillusioned with the failure of liberal presidents to undo systemic justice tried to physically disrupt political events, most famously at the Democratic Convention in 1968. And back then, another presidential candidate, Alabama Governor George Wallace, also turned protesters into props for an audience hungry to see order restored—if necessary by force. In 1967, anti-Vietnam protesters laid down in front of President Lyndon Johnson’s car. In 1968, in speech after speech, Wallace roused crowds by saying, falsely, that the “protesters had threatened his [Johnson’s] personal safety,” but if “some of them lie down in front of my automobile, it will be the last one they’ll ever want to lie down in front of.”

“The confrontation with the hecklers became a highly stylized feature of every Wallace rally,” writes Lloyd Rohler in his book George Wallace: Conservative Populist. “Violence seemed always to be lurking in the background and it frequently burst forth.” At a Wallace rally on October 29 in Detroit, reported the Chicago Tribune, “wild, chair-swinging violence erupted” as “Wallace supporters and some of several thousand hecklers clashed, first with fists and then with folding chairs … Wallace supporters struck handcuffed hecklers as they were being led away by police, who did not interfere.”
Sure, that's a big part of it. I think there is a fairly large element in his crowds that were either (a) perfectly fine with that guy sucker-punching that kid and/or (b) ready to do it themselves. I saw posts here in support of that punch.

I have to admit I try to give Trump the benefit of the doubt - maybe he doesn't realize that his cartoonishly macho statements like that can and will incite violence, I don't know. Who knows what he's thinking.

I could definitely be wrong, but I'd almost be surprised at this point if someone from his crowd didn't go over the top at some point.

No, you don't have to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. There is NO doubt that he's fomenting this violence. "Little Marco" himself pointed out that you don't see this shit at ANY other GOP candidate's rallies.

The anti-Trump forces are now obviously excited and emboldened by their victory in shutting down opposing speech in Chicago. This stuff is only going to intensify.

The Trump supporters are even angrier and will be attending his future rallies ready to take on those trying to shut down opposing speech. Who knows how, or with what.

Obviously this will get worse before it gets better. Any predictions?

Yes, I know it's all the other side's fault. I'm curious about what you think could happen.

It is hard to see an upper limit.

The protesters believe that people they are trying to intimidate are effectively Pure Evil, who want to kill them and theirs, and oppress the survivors.

The Trump supporters are very tired of that shit.

THe organizers, I think just want to use intimidation at this point, and probably realize that actually mob violence would actually hurt their cause.

BUT when using angry mobs, precision control is not an option.

Random Chance will play a role here.

Also, consider this.

What makes you think this won't happen next election too?
The word has gone out to every Trump supporter: DO NOT! go to any Hillary or Bernie rally and cause any problems! You see that this is what is happening.
Trump is a genius at marketing.
He is currently 'rope-a-doping' Sander's and BLM supporters. Letting the world watch as they attempt to deny Trump's right to free speech. It's working perfectly.
The LIB MSM/DEMS/BLM might as well hand Trump the keys to the White house on a solid GOLD platter.
Well, there is Trump, and then there are his supporters.

A lot of people think professional wrestling is real.

I believe it will
The anti-Trump forces are now obviously excited and emboldened by their victory in shutting down opposing speech in Chicago. This stuff is only going to intensify.

The Trump supporters are even angrier and will be attending his future rallies ready to take on those trying to shut down opposing speech. Who knows how, or with what.

Yes, I know it's all the other side's fault. I'm curious about what you think could happen.

The protesters believe that people they are trying to intimidate are effectively Pure Evil, who want to kill them and theirs, and oppress the survivors.

THe organizers, I think just want to use intimidation at this point, and probably realize that actually mob violence would actually hurt their cause.

Also, consider this.

The word has gone out to every Trump supporter: DO NOT! go to any Hillary or Bernie rally and cause any problems! You see that this is what is happening.
He is currently 'rope-a-doping' Sander's and BLM supporters. Letting the world watch as they attempt to deny Trump's right to free speech. It's working perfectly.
The LIB MSM/DEMS/BLM might as well hand Trump the keys to the White house on a solid GOLD platter.

Depending upon what happens Tuesday, we may see all of this fall off. No matter what the left on here say, they know Trump is stealing many of their votes. All of this is just an attempt to stop his nomination, for they know if the republican do get behind him, with some of their votes crossing and lack of enthusiasm, it could present a much larger problem than any of the other 3.

“You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out on a stretcher.”
In January, when protesters tried to disrupt a Trump rally in Vermont, Trump instructed security guards to “Get him out of here … Don't give him his coat, keep his coat. Confiscate his coat. You know, it’s about 10 degrees below zero outside.” As security dragged a protester from a Nevada rally in February, Trump declared: “You know what I hate? There’s a guy, totally disruptive, throwing punches, we’re not allowed to punch back anymore. I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They’d be carried out on a stretcher.” Reporters found no evidence that the protester had, in fact, punched anyone.

In mentioning the “old days,” Trump was likely referring to the 1960s. Back then, another generation of young leftists disillusioned with the failure of liberal presidents to undo systemic justice tried to physically disrupt political events, most famously at the Democratic Convention in 1968. And back then, another presidential candidate, Alabama Governor George Wallace, also turned protesters into props for an audience hungry to see order restored—if necessary by force. In 1967, anti-Vietnam protesters laid down in front of President Lyndon Johnson’s car. In 1968, in speech after speech, Wallace roused crowds by saying, falsely, that the “protesters had threatened his [Johnson’s] personal safety,” but if “some of them lie down in front of my automobile, it will be the last one they’ll ever want to lie down in front of.”

“The confrontation with the hecklers became a highly stylized feature of every Wallace rally,” writes Lloyd Rohler in his book George Wallace: Conservative Populist. “Violence seemed always to be lurking in the background and it frequently burst forth.” At a Wallace rally on October 29 in Detroit, reported the Chicago Tribune, “wild, chair-swinging violence erupted” as “Wallace supporters and some of several thousand hecklers clashed, first with fists and then with folding chairs … Wallace supporters struck handcuffed hecklers as they were being led away by police, who did not interfere.”
Sure, that's a big part of it. I think there is a fairly large element in his crowds that were either (a) perfectly fine with that guy sucker-punching that kid and/or (b) ready to do it themselves. I saw posts here in support of that punch.

I have to admit I try to give Trump the benefit of the doubt - maybe he doesn't realize that his cartoonishly macho statements like that can and will incite violence, I don't know. Who knows what he's thinking.

I could definitely be wrong, but I'd almost be surprised at this point if someone from his crowd didn't go over the top at some point.

No, you don't have to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. There is NO doubt that he's fomenting this violence. "Little Marco" himself pointed out that you don't see this shit at ANY other GOP candidate's rallies.
I'd have to say that there can be NO doubt that he NOW knows. Period.

But here's the catch - there are many posts here condemning people like Cruz (Cruz!) for criticizing Trump's words at his rallies. I think it's possible that Trump will refuse to say anything to calm people down, he doesn't want to annoy his, uh, base.

So then shit hits the fan worse than it has already.

I think you're giving the people and situation too much credit. This is a simple case of simple people. Sloppy people. Stupid people. Trump attracts stupid people. There are stupid people supporting him, there are stupid people opposing him. The stupid people are polarized around Trump, and they do stupid things. End of story.

seems that you just identified yourself as one of the stupid people.

But here's the catch - there are many posts here condemning people like Cruz (Cruz!) for criticizing Trump's words at his rallies. I think it's possible that Trump will refuse to say anything to calm people down, he doesn't want to annoy his, uh, base.

seems that you are hoping for violence. Why is that?

I think you're giving the people and situation too much credit. This is a simple case of simple people. Sloppy people. Stupid people. Trump attracts stupid people. There are stupid people supporting him, there are stupid people opposing him. The stupid people are polarized around Trump, and they do stupid things. End of story.

Thank you. I'd be worried if you didn't think so.

Here's my prediction.

Obama is behind all the uprisings of the blacks. From calling police stupid to if I had a son. Fueling Freddie Gray hate and the fat boy from Mizzou. You see, if we can't have fair civilized town halls, conventions etc, if violence is perceived as obstruction on the path to voting, then enter Obama and the guard. But things will be to bad to get to the polls. So Obama implements Marshal Law and cancels the election in the name of Public Safety, then remains in office post 2nd term, until order is restored and elections transpire

-Geaux
Another time and place I'd suggest you are nuts.
But I truly believe if Obama thought he could really get away with it he would do it.
His problem is if he tried it there would be 300,000000 firearms all fully loaded being held by patriotic Americans who would end up stringing Obama upside down in Times Square.

You're just incorrectly perceiving my words.

rest easy, your stupidity is well documented.

Most recent documentation I received on my intelligence was 99.8, as clinically measured.

OK, then explain why you

then explain yourself. if the security is good, protestors can be contained and removed.

I find if telling that only liberals become violent protestors. Do you think it might be that Soros and others are paying them?

The burning and looting will start soon. At that point they will get Obamas support, and he will come out and march with them.

Soon after, God will finally say "f&$@ it" and send a flood.

But, too many people have big boats so all God just did was kill all the poor people. And the middle class, their boats weren't quite big enough to hold much food.

By the year 2018 the world population will be down to a few million, but without their smartphones and reality TV they will all kill themselves out of depression and boredom.

So, in short, we will be extinct by 2019.

Thanks Donald, you dick.
Are you the dude here who was predicting the US dollar would drop a penny a day for the next hundred days then the world will end? LOL
Is the flood going to reach the top of the Rocky mountains? Because that's where I have my boat stored. Loaded with caramel popcorn and frozen Big Macs.

Most recent documentation I received on my intelligence was 99.8, as clinically measured.

A 99.8 IQ is merely average. No surprise there.

Yesterday the protesters were screaming: "BERNIE BERNIE BERNIE!!!!!"
The BLM tree dwellers were screaming and taunting and throwing punches.
This was INSIDE the PRIVATE!!!!! rally site.The First Amendment guarantees everyone free speech BUT it does not guarantee that anyone can prevent anyone else's free speech. This is what the Bernie bunch of fucking doper losers are trying to do. Same with the BLM thugs.
Some of the First Amendment opposers wore Trump T-shirts to get into the rally. Once inside their goal was to prevent others from exercising their First Amendment rights or free assembly and freedom of speech.
This anti-Americans are handing TRUMP the White house on a GOLD platter.
Every time millions of viewers maybe sitting on the fence politically see what these anti-Americans are doing another fifty thousand decide to vote for Trump.
Trump is a fucking marketing genius.
He has told his security staff to let in a few anti-Americans into the rallies so the camera's can record the anti-Americans trying to take away Trump supporters rights guaranteed to them by the First Amendment.
Keep it up anti-Americans. You are doing a wonderful job helping to elect Trump.
The hilarious part it isn't costing Trump a fucking dime in TV advertising.

Hmmm...I always thought protest was one of the most American of traditions. Starting way back at the original Tea Party. So Trumps been inciting violence at these gatherings for weeks but somehow he doesn't bare any responsibility for the results of his actions. Does that bode well for a Trump Presidency? The sign on his desk will say "the buck stops... over there"? By the way, I've watched every video I could find and I didn't see any evidence that it was the protesters starting the flareups. Did you see that coward slug the guy who just happened to be Black? I can guarantee you that old hater has been waiting to do that for fifty years and thinks he has finally found a leader giving him the okay.

OK, then explain why you

then explain yourself. if the security is good, protestors can be contained and removed.

I find if telling that only liberals become violent protestors. Do you think it might be that Soros and others are paying them?
Sure, he might be funding them.

So we have angry protestors and a rally crowd that admits it's angry about the state of the country. We already have seen violence at his rallies, including that sucker punch. We have had a candidate talk about punching protestors and sending them out on a stretcher, among other incendiary comments.

It's therefore not unreasonable to assume that the possibility of increased violence exists.

A 99.8 IQ is merely average. No surprise there.

Not if it's the 99.8 percentile. :D

Also, consider this.

Not really. Trump and his supporters are one.
He believes 100% in them and they believe 100% in him.
Ever been to a 'cage fight' Mac?
I promise you it's not professional wrestling.
And the 'enhanced' security cage fighters are not going to be putting on an act after some LIB pussy with a 'man-bun' takes a swing at any of them.

I'm anti trump and not excited about the event shutdown. I'm just not naive enough to pretend trumps violent rhetoric isn't a contributing factor. I want people to assemble and vote in peace, which is one of many reason I dislike trump. I oppose bullying, threats and retaliation.

As for how worse, that depends. I think it can get much worse. Especially when trump doesn't wipe the floor with everyone Tuesday. Trump camp is already accusing Rubio of cheating. And if he doesn't win these trump has no shot at the nomination. If trump supporters feel he was cheats and with Bernie and Clinton supporters egging him on, it will get ugly.

Also, consider this.

Not really. Trump and his supporters are one.
He believes 100% in them and they believe 100% in him.
Ever been to a 'cage fight' Mac?
I promise you it's not professional wrestling.
And the 'enhanced' security cage fighters are not going to be putting on an act after some LIB pussy with a 'man-bun' takes a swing at any of them.
No, I'm afraid I've never been to a "cage fight".

So it sounds to me like you're only expecting increased violence if it's in response to violence?

Forum List

Back