How Police Departments routinely take advantage of the poor, minorities....

Even trained lab scientists struggle with confirmation bias — the tendency to take any new evidence as confirmation of expectations — and police officers can see the tests as affirming their decisions to stop and search a person. Labs rarely notify officers when a false positive is found, so they have little experience to prompt skepticism. As far as they know, the system works. By our estimate, though, every year at least 100,000 people nationwide plead guilty to drug-possession charges that rely on field-test results as evidence. At that volume, even the most modest of error rates could produce thousands of wrongful convictions.

By 2010, the lab had been discredited by a decade of botched science and scandal. Thousands of untested rape kits were shelved from unsolved assaults. Errors in fingerprint matches were discovered in more than 200 cases. The lab had lost key blood samples; employees had tampered with or falsified other evidence. And it was continuing to struggle with a significant backlog of drug-test evidence — one that stemmed from what amounted to an epic experiment in field testing.

And if these poor and minorities are really poor, how do they have money to get high? And couldn't they spend then little they have on things to better themselves instead of toking it up?

Do you know the physiology of "drug addiction"?

Then dont start.....life is not that hard....I've never smoked dope let alone crazy, heroin,ect and I've had the chances but said no

By 2010, the lab had been discredited by a decade of botched science and scandal. Thousands of untested rape kits were shelved from unsolved assaults. Errors in fingerprint matches were discovered in more than 200 cases. The lab had lost key blood samples; employees had tampered with or falsified other evidence. And it was continuing to struggle with a significant backlog of drug-test evidence — one that stemmed from what amounted to an epic experiment in field testing.

Ok if you falsify evidence, those people should be in jail.....No argument from me....and I'm law and order....thrown the fucking book at them.....

Ok if you falsify evidence, those people should be in jail.....No argument from me....and I'm law and order....thrown the fucking book at them.....

Bullshit, you stupid motherfucker.

If the defendant is a minority, a poor white or an "islamofascist" you crazy sons of bitches want them locked up no matter what. So I am certain that you agree with the Houston police that what they REALLY found in the vehicle was not bread crumb, it was definitely crack cocaine. That the officers really found a syringe needle stuck in the car ceiling.. The police should be able to MANUFACTURE EVIDENCE to convict those defendants you do not like.

Yep, the "law and order" type and insane motherfuckers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back