How should Democrats vote on Gorsuch?

They should vote against any and everything that comes from the Trump White House.

Right wingers made an "argument" that during the last year of a president, no SCOTUS nomination should be entertained......

Democrats are making an argument that when an administration is so thoroughly fucked up, no SCOTUS nominations should ALSO be entertained.....

Who is right and who is wrong?
We're following the Biden Rule, Sparky.

1. Let bygones be bygones and vote on his qualifications
2. Admit the Republicans got one on you with Garland and move on
3. Retaliate for Republicans stealing the Garland seat and block the nomination
4. Declare war and refuse to fill any Republican SCOTUS nominations

Nominate this one block the next one. They got us. We got got.
How do you block the next one if it before 2018 OR the GOP keeps a majority in 2018?

Nominate this one block the next one. They got us. We got got.
How do you block the next one if it before 2018 OR the GOP keeps a majority in 2018?
Yes the numbers would have to be better for us. Hopefully the next retire won't be till 2019.

So...seems we have one vote for ending filibuster and turning the Senate into a majority rules body

Yes.....that would be fine by me. Better to do it now, while republicans have control, than wait for the democrats to have control...since the democrats have already shown they will change the tradition if it gives them power.....I am tired of the Republicans playing by rules the democrats don't recognize.....
As a Republican...I can see why you want to take an advantage while you have it. Makes sense

For Republicans
Best case: Trump serves eight years, Republicans hold the Senate and fill the court 6-3 with young conservatives

For Democrats
Best case: Trump remains historically unpopular and scandal surrounds him. Republicans lose Senate in 2018 and White House in 2020. Gorsuch takes seat through nuclear option and other judges last through 2020.
Dems take White House from one term Trump and pack court through nuclear option

They would fill the court regardless of if they had the power....they would not let the filibuster by republicans stand in their way if they had the votes to stop it...they know how much power they can give the Supreme Court by packing it with anti-American, left wing justices....
As do the right

Looks like all out war

No....for decades the Republicans have allowed the democrats to get their way.....putting sotomayor and kagan on the court.....allowing Bork to be blocked......morons like mccain and graham have said the President should get his pick...even as the democrats did their best to block republican judges and justices....

The time for allowing democrats to do what they want is over.
Dems gave Alito and Roberts a vote and supported their nomination

It is Republicans who declared a presidents term ends at three years

There is no reason to not confirm Gorsuch. He is a qualified jurist who Schumer and other Democrats already voted to confirm to the circuit court. The Republicans were wrong to not allow a vote on Garland, but for the Democrats to pull the same stunt would throw our judicial system in chaos for the next four years and I think it would only backfire on them.

Why should liberals vote for a conservative judge just because he's 'qualified'?

They shouldn't....they believe that judges are simply there to give power to the state....so they should vote that way.....conservatives believe that judges should support and defend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights...and should vote that way........blocking the acquisition of power by the left.......

just be fucking honest about it left wingers......we don't respect you now, we would respect you more if you just confessed to wanting power.....

Your post reveals your ignorance.

Yes.....that would be fine by me. Better to do it now, while republicans have control, than wait for the democrats to have control...since the democrats have already shown they will change the tradition if it gives them power.....I am tired of the Republicans playing by rules the democrats don't recognize.....
As a Republican...I can see why you want to take an advantage while you have it. Makes sense

For Republicans
Best case: Trump serves eight years, Republicans hold the Senate and fill the court 6-3 with young conservatives

For Democrats
Best case: Trump remains historically unpopular and scandal surrounds him. Republicans lose Senate in 2018 and White House in 2020. Gorsuch takes seat through nuclear option and other judges last through 2020.

They would fill the court regardless of if they had the power....they would not let the filibuster by republicans stand in their way if they had the votes to stop it...they know how much power they can give the Supreme Court by packing it with anti-American, left wing justices....
As do the right

Looks like all out war

No....for decades the Republicans have allowed the democrats to get their way.....putting sotomayor and kagan on the court.....allowing Bork to be blocked......morons like mccain and graham have said the President should get his pick...even as the democrats did their best to block republican judges and justices....

The dream scenario is that the Democrats take back the Senate in 2018,

and IF one or two SCOTUS vacancies come up, no matter when, the Democrats refuse to allow votes on any or all of them through the remainder of one termer Trump's presidency.

For Republicans

For Democrats

As do the right

Looks like all out war

and IF one or two SCOTUS vacancies come up, no matter when, the Democrats refuse to allow votes on any or all of them through the remainder of one termer Trump's presidency.
Using the principle that what's good for the goose is good for the gander, the Democrats should not vote for any nominee of Trump for the same period the Republicans refused to even discuss President Obama's nominee.

OK .....so that is what Republicans want

Just accept your beating and be thankful. So what happens the next time Democrats have a chance to make a liberal court........do they just treat the Republicans like nothing happened?

I'm a liberal and I'm letting you know right now...........the rest of us don't have time for a bunch of idiocy.
So as a liberal....you confirm Gorsuch and assume it will never happen again

As a liberal, not a Democrat, confirm Gorsuch and get on with it. If you insist in this nonsense then you will continue to piss off the American public.
The American public seems indifferent to filling Supreme Court vacancies
Otherwise there would have been political repercussions for leaving a seat vacant for over a year

Yes......most people don't understand how you morons use the court as unelected law makers.......

lol, that infantile argument.

As do the right

Looks like all out war

Using the principle that what's good for the goose is good for the gander, the Democrats should not vote for any nominee of Trump for the same period the Republicans refused to even discuss President Obama's nominee.

Add to that Senator Grandma McConnell now going around crying about unprecedented Democratic obstruction.

That was Bidens opinion of Bush, what goes around come around. LMAO

Nitwit....did Biden or Bush get his way?

The situation didn't arise in Bush's final year, so I guess you could say after 8 years Biden got his way, it just wasn't how he imagined it. LMAO

'Final year' is a preposterous invention.

Didn't hear you saying that about Biden when he came up with it.

The situation didn't arise in Bush's final year, so I guess you could say after 8 years Biden got his way, it just wasn't how he imagined it. LMAO

I don't care if Jesus Christ sent it down from Heaven on a stone tablet. It's preposterous.

I don't care if Jesus Christ sent it down from Heaven on a stone tablet. It's preposterous.

Yeah, holding commiecrats to their own standards usually is. Especially for the commiecrats.

Yeah, holding commiecrats to their own standards usually is. Especially for the commiecrats.

Which set of standards do you hold Mitch McConnell to?

Which set of standards do you hold Mitch McConnell to?

Stop your damned whining, your dear leader used Reids nuclear option to pack more than 100 activist judges on the lower courts. Up till 2000 when commiecrats started using the filibuster against judges and cabinet appointments it had never been done. This is what is called reaping what you sewed, deal with it like a big boy.

So how should Democrats react?

If Republicans take them into a closed door meeting and say......Sorry about that Garland thing, it was a one time deal. If you do what is for the good of the country and support Gorsuch, we promise we will never to do it again

Should the Dems accept?

Accept?

You think Soros would allow his party to do dat?

So how should Democrats react?

If Republicans take them into a closed door meeting and say......Sorry about that Garland thing, it was a one time deal. If you do what is for the good of the country and support Gorsuch, we promise we will never to do it again

Should the Dems accept?

Accept?

You think Soros would allow his party to do dat?
Who?

Forum List

Back