How should Democrats vote on Gorsuch?

1. Let bygones be bygones and vote on his qualifications
2. Admit the Republicans got one on you with Garland and move on
3. Retaliate for Republicans stealing the Garland seat and block the nomination
4. Declare war and refuse to fill any Republican SCOTUS nominations

I really don't care how they vote but McCaskill from Missouri was right we use the nuclear option and Kennedy,Brier or Ginsburg retires or dies then we only need 51 votes to get a REAL right winger on the court.....dems are playing with fire....but be my guest.
If Republicans are willing to go nuclear on Gorsuch, why wouldn't they do it for a replacement of Ginsburg, Kennedy or Bryer?
Only willing to do it now because of the obstruction. If the president KNOWS he only needs 51 votes he may pick someone very extreme. I don't think ALL republicans want to use the nuclear option.They know we won't ALWAYS have a GOP president picking SC justices nor a majority GOP senate to confirm them. Its also baffling why McCaskill would say that then turn around next day and say she is an absolute no LOL
Makes no sense
If Republicans are willing to go nuclear now...why not do the same later?

Are Republicans willing to assure Dems that they will never go nuclear in the future if Dems only confirm Gorsuch?

Let bygones be bygones?

So how should Democrats react?

If Republicans take them into a closed door meeting and say......Sorry about that Garland thing, it was a one time deal. If you do what is for the good of the country and support Gorsuch, we promise we will never to do it again

Should the Dems accept?

They should STFU and get it done. Then they can lock themselves in their bathrooms and sob to their hearts content. Why in the hell should the rest of the country care how they react?

OK .....so that is what Republicans want

Just accept your beating and be thankful. So what happens the next time Democrats have a chance to make a liberal court........do they just treat the Republicans like nothing happened?

I'm a liberal and I'm letting you know right now...........the rest of us don't have time for a bunch of idiocy.

If Republicans take them into a closed door meeting and say......Sorry about that Garland thing, it was a one time deal. If you do what is for the good of the country and support Gorsuch, we promise we will never to do it again

Should the Dems accept?

So why should republicans apologize for using a commiecrat invention? Biden invented the no filling a vacancy that occurs in an election year. Ain't that a bitch, being held to standards your party established? LMAO

Do any damn thing you want, there will be no apologies and Gorsuch will be seated on the court.
Does not address what action Dems should take
Your view is that this is the new norm for filling vacancies. Leave seats open till you have a political advantage

No one thought we would have a political advantage at the time that decision was made, everyone had the bitch winning handedly and republicans losing the senate. So good try on the rewrite of history but you lose, again.

Should the Dems accept?

They should STFU and get it done. Then they can lock themselves in their bathrooms and sob to their hearts content. Why in the hell should the rest of the country care how they react?

Just accept your beating and be thankful. So what happens the next time Democrats have a chance to make a liberal court........do they just treat the Republicans like nothing happened?

I'm a liberal and I'm letting you know right now...........the rest of us don't have time for a bunch of idiocy.
So as a liberal....you confirm Gorsuch and assume it will never happen again

Should the Dems accept?

So why should republicans apologize for using a commiecrat invention? Biden invented the no filling a vacancy that occurs in an election year. Ain't that a bitch, being held to standards your party established? LMAO

Do any damn thing you want, there will be no apologies and Gorsuch will be seated on the court.
Your view is that this is the new norm for filling vacancies. Leave seats open till you have a political advantage

No one thought we would have a political advantage at the time that decision was made, everyone had the bitch winning handedly and republicans losing the senate. So good try on the rewrite of history but you lose, again.
Then why else would have Republicans have blocked Garland?

They should filibuster him......all the way. I want to see if Mitch has the balls to get rid of the filibuster.....clearing the way for the replacement of the social justice activists, ginsberg, breyer, kennedy......

Should the Dems accept?

As a liberal, not a Democrat, confirm Gorsuch and get on with it. If you insist in this nonsense then you will continue to piss off the American public.

I really don't care how they vote but McCaskill from Missouri was right we use the nuclear option and Kennedy,Brier or Ginsburg retires or dies then we only need 51 votes to get a REAL right winger on the court.....dems are playing with fire....but be my guest.
If Republicans are willing to go nuclear on Gorsuch, why wouldn't they do it for a replacement of Ginsburg, Kennedy or Bryer?
Only willing to do it now because of the obstruction. If the president KNOWS he only needs 51 votes he may pick someone very extreme. I don't think ALL republicans want to use the nuclear option.They know we won't ALWAYS have a GOP president picking SC justices nor a majority GOP senate to confirm them. Its also baffling why McCaskill would say that then turn around next day and say she is an absolute no LOL
Makes no sense

Are Republicans willing to assure Dems that they will never go nuclear in the future if Dems only confirm Gorsuch?

Let bygones be bygones?

The racist party, the democrats, already showed that if they get blocked in the gaining of power they will do whatever it takes to get it...including ending the filibuster for judges......so if the republicans ever tried to use the filibuster to block a democrat supreme court pick...and the racist party had the votes, they would simply knock out the filibuster themselves...up to this point the idiot republicans have allowed every single anti American, left wing activist onto the court....so the democrats have never had to consider ending the filibuster....

Now...the Republicans have the chance to save the country and appoint actual justices to the court.....

Should the Dems accept?

Then why else would have Republicans have blocked Garland?

For the same reason Biden came up with the policy in the first place, give the voters a say in the decision who would make the nomination. Of course Biden wasn't likely to lose the senate when he came up with it.

It doesn't matter if we have the GOP with enough votes to filibuster in the future...there is no way the democras would hesitate to end the filibuster in the future if it gave them more power....to think other wise is to not understand left wingers.....they haven't had to consider ending the filibuster in the past because the Republicans put every left wing, anti American pick the democrats made onto the court.....but they wouldn't hesitate to end it if it meant gaining more power...

Should the Dems accept?

As a liberal, not a Democrat, confirm Gorsuch and get on with it. If you insist in this nonsense then you will continue to piss off the American public.
The American public seems indifferent to filling Supreme Court vacancies
Otherwise there would have been political repercussions for leaving a seat vacant for over a year

Otherwise there would have been political repercussions for leaving a seat vacant for over a year

Yes......most people don't understand how you morons use the court as unelected law makers.......

Makes no sense

Let bygones be bygones?

The racist party, the democrats, already showed that if they get blocked in the gaining of power they will do whatever it takes to get it...including ending the filibuster for judges......so if the republicans ever tried to use the filibuster to block a democrat supreme court pick...and the racist party had the votes, they would simply knock out the filibuster themselves...up to this point the idiot republicans have allowed every single anti American, left wing activist onto the court....so the democrats have never had to consider ending the filibuster....

Now...the Republicans have the chance to save the country and appoint actual justices to the court.....
So...seems we have one vote for ending filibuster and turning the Senate into a majority rules body

Yes......most people don't understand how you morons use the court as unelected law makers.......
Works both ways...

Look at Hobby Lobby and Citizens United

There is no reason to not confirm Gorsuch. He is a qualified jurist who Schumer and other Democrats already voted to confirm to the circuit court. The Republicans were wrong to not allow a vote on Garland, but for the Democrats to pull the same stunt would throw our judicial system in chaos for the next four years and I think it would only backfire on them.

Why should liberals vote for a conservative judge just because he's 'qualified'?

Makes no sense

Let bygones be bygones?

So...seems we have one vote for ending filibuster and turning the Senate into a majority rules body

Yes.....that would be fine by me. Better to do it now, while republicans have control, than wait for the democrats to have control...since the democrats have already shown they will change the tradition if it gives them power.....I am tired of the Republicans playing by rules the democrats don't recognize.....

Right, that's why 70% of the voters said the vacancy played a roll in their decision.

There is no reason to not confirm Gorsuch. He is a qualified jurist who Schumer and other Democrats already voted to confirm to the circuit court. The Republicans were wrong to not allow a vote on Garland, but for the Democrats to pull the same stunt would throw our judicial system in chaos for the next four years and I think it would only backfire on them.

Why should liberals vote for a conservative judge just because he's 'qualified'?

They shouldn't....they believe that judges are simply there to give power to the state....so they should vote that way.....conservatives believe that judges should support and defend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights...and should vote that way........blocking the acquisition of power by the left.......

just be fucking honest about it left wingers......we don't respect you now, we would respect you more if you just confessed to wanting power.....

[/QUOTE]
Otherwise there would have been political repercussions for leaving a seat vacant for over a year[/QUOTE]

There might have been, Obama's protege, Hillary Clinton, was defeated- after Obama nominated an unconfirmable judge to the Supreme Court. Some voters might have held it against the Democrats.

Makes no sense

Let bygones be bygones?

Yes.....that would be fine by me. Better to do it now, while republicans have control, than wait for the democrats to have control...since the democrats have already shown they will change the tradition if it gives them power.....I am tired of the Republicans playing by rules the democrats don't recognize.....
As a Republican...I can see why you want to take an advantage while you have it. Makes sense

For Republicans
Best case: Trump serves eight years, Republicans hold the Senate and fill the court 6-3 with young conservatives

For Democrats
Best case: Trump remains historically unpopular and scandal surrounds him. Republicans lose Senate in 2018 and White House in 2020. Gorsuch takes seat through nuclear option and other judges last through 2020.
Dems take White House from one term Trump and pack court through nuclear option

Forum List

Back