How the Government protects your rights

If the Government doesn't protect our rights, why do we have a huge military/defense department, composed of thousands of government employees,

with the primary purpose of protecting us?

Do you understand the difference between protecting us from invasion and protecting individual liberty? How about the difference between security and liberty? Why the fuck do people keep talking about safety like it means freedom?

If the Government doesn't protect our rights, why do we have a huge military/defense department, composed of thousands of government employees,

Do you understand the difference between protecting us from invasion and protecting individual liberty? How about the difference between security and liberty? Why the fuck do people keep talking about safety like it means freedom?

Did the Continental Army fight for, and secure, our freedom, or not?

Newsflash, moron, when I asked you why you keep asking me that question I was pointing out that you were making an assumption, If you had a brain that you actually used you would heave got the message.

You are so scared of simply stating your position it's fucking hilarious.

Tell me what wrong assumption I made. Be specific.

I remember arguing with you about why the Supreme Court was wrong about Obamacare.

I remember arguing with you about why they were right about Citizen's united.

I even remember explaining what, exactly, judicial activism is the the cretins who think that judicial review is legislating from the bench.

Yet, for some obscure reason, you keep asking me how an unconstitutional law could be struck down if the courts don't have the power to review them.

Guess what, it still doesn't make any sense.

I know for a fact I never argued that the Supreme Court cannot say a law is unconstitutional.

Just admit you were wrong.

lol,

then you cannot say that the government does not protect our rights, because that is exactly what the Supreme Court does, and the Supreme Court is part of the judicial branch of the Government,

which makes it Government.

I remember arguing with you about why the Supreme Court was wrong about Obamacare.

I even remember explaining what, exactly, judicial activism is the the cretins who think that judicial review is legislating from the bench.

Yet, for some obscure reason, you keep asking me how an unconstitutional law could be struck down if the courts don't have the power to review them.

I know for a fact I never argued that the Supreme Court cannot say a law is unconstitutional.

lol,

then you cannot say that the government does not protect our rights, because that is exactly what the Supreme Court does, and the Supreme Court is part of the judicial branch of the Government,

The SCOTUS doesn't protect shit. It determines if a law is constitutional notIif its a good law.

Then what does "protect" mean?

Does it mean the military stopping a foreign country from invading, toppling our country, and changing our Bill of Rights?
Does it mean the police and judicial system having checks and balances, and using integrity to practice law enforcement while also respecting the rights of individuals?
Does it mean the solo cop ensuring you go about having a safe day by keeping criminals at bay?
Does it mean arming everyone to fight back and defeat their own government to bring about a society without government and total liberty?

You right wingers are tossing around a word without first defining it.

Did the Continental Army fight for, and secure, our freedom, or not?

No.

They fought for, and secured, their freedom, our freedom is up to us.

lol,

If the government protected our rights the Supreme Court would never have to overturn a law. As for them protecting our rights, if they did tyhat they would never argue that the Constitution justifies searches without a warrant. The PATRIOT Act does not protect our rights. The TSA does not protect our rights. The government does not protect our rights.

I know how it is supposed to work, I also know how works in reality. Reality sucks.

lol,

If the government protected our rights the Supreme Court would never have to overturn a law. As for them protecting our rights, if they did tyhat they would never argue that the Constitution justifies searches without a warrant. The PATRIOT Act does not protect our rights. The TSA does not protect our rights. The government does not protect our rights.

I know how it is supposed to work, I also know how works in reality. Reality sucks.

That's like saying that a helmet doesn't protect a motorcyclist because sometimes he gets killed even when he's wearing one.

lol,

That's like saying that a helmet doesn't protect a motorcyclist because sometimes he gets killed even when he's wearing one.

No, it is like saying that anyone who thinks a motorcycle helmet will protect him if he sticks his head in a drill press is an idiot.

The Obama administration is drawing up plans to give all U.S. spy agencies full access to a massive database that contains financial data on American citizens and others who bank in the country, according to a Treasury Department document seen by Reuters.

EXCLUSIVE - U.S. to let spy agencies scour Americans' finances | Reuters

Al Qaida operatives, Iranian spies, Russian spies, Hezbollah cells, etc, etc, etc.......are all funded through domestic banking accounts.

And what does that have to do with the government getting access to my personal financial information without a warrant? Weren't people like you howling about the Bush Administration listening to phone calls without warrants?

Unless you're a hypocrite, you should be even more upset about this intrusion into your privacy.

I'm SHOCKED that bucs didn't respond...well, not really.

Forum List

Back