How the RNC can keep Donald Trump from getting the nomination...

Theres something you're not telling us. You were his #1 supporter here and you vanish for two days and come back and start a thread on how to torpedo his campaign

Trump isn't going to get the numbers he needs.

If he has 49.94% of the votes, the gop will backdoor him and put rubio or jeb as the nom, or some other controlled person

trump will probably not go 3rd party, he knows he'd lose that.

that leaves bern to take most of the middle and the left with the gop having only it's die hards, cons will pass on voting in numbers
Bernie won't be the nominee. Hillary has those superdelegates pasted on her ass.
He's going to need 51.1% or he will lose as well, he's to open and honest about what the dnc has planned for us down the road.

hill will start to break down, last time she was up against charismatic clown that had no resume to stand on, now she's up against a salesman that selling free shit to morons.

she's going to crack b/c there will be no 2nd place trophy this time
Thank you.
I don't know about that. Hillary has lied throughout her stint as SoS and all during the campaign and staunch DNC people just don't care. I got nervous about Bernie during their last debate. He kept coughing, and I was worried he wasn't going to make it through the debate...Good Heavens, I wish he was younger! He's a good man.

He looked so sick with a fever going on..for a person to go to a debate being that sick shows much strength . If he picked a good strong Vise president to take over people would feel better about that..

But like any of us, we don't know if today is our last or he could live to 120 years old...lol

HOW THE REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENT CAN KEEP DONALD TRUMP FROM GETTING THE NOMINATION

But not all of them will be won during the state-by-state series of caucuses and primaries that will take place during the first half of 2016. Of the total of 2,472 Republican delegates, 437 of them are unpledged delegates – and 168 of those are members of the Republican National Committee.

In order to win the Republican nomination without any of the unpledged delegates, Trump would need to win 60.78 percent of the delegates that are up for grabs during the caucuses and primaries. And considering that his poll support is hovering around 30 percent right now, that is a very tall order.

In the past, it was easier for a front-runner to pile up delegates in “winner take all” states, but for this election cycle the Republicans have changed quite a few things. In 2016, all states that hold caucuses or primaries before March 15th must award their delegates proportionally.

In 2016, more delegates will be allocated on a proportional basis by the Republicans than ever before, and with such a crowded field that makes it quite likely that no candidate will have secured enough delegates for the nomination by the time the Republican convention rolls around.

The following comes from the Hill

More than 20 top GOP officials discussed at a dinner on Monday the party’s strategy in the event of a brokered convention amid Donald Trump’s consistent lead in the polls.

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) listened as several longtime party members argued the establishment must lay the groundwork for a floor fight if Trump storms through the presidential primaries, five sources familiar with the meeting told The Washington Post.

In the event of a “brokered convention”, it is almost inevitable that an establishment candidate would emerge as the nominee. That list would include names such as Bush, Rubio and Romney, and it would exclude names such as Trump, Cruz and Carson.

Even if Trump captures every single one of these delegates, however, he would still need to capture over 700 of the nearly 2,000 remaining delegates in order to emerge as the nominee, and here is where the math gets much more difficult for him.

Even if he captures every single delegate awarded to candidates who win a plurality of the votes in a state, he would still need to win approximately 37 percent of the remaining delegates to capture the nomination — under the various and often complex rules that each state uses to allocate these delegates.

Currently, the Real Clear Politics polling average shows Trump leading the GOP field with about 30 percent of the vote, so his current polls likely do not give him enough support to capture the nomination outright.

So in the end, we could very well see a “brokered convention” for the first time in decades, and the damage done to the Republican party by a brokered convention could potentially hand the general election to Hillary Clinton.
How The Republican Establishment Can Keep Donald Trump From Getting The Nomination

So, if trump doesn't have the support from the RNC, he probably won't get the nomination. The only edge Trump might have is to keep claiming he'll go third party which means an inevitable loss for the Republicans.
Be prepared to hear him warning the DNC again, again and again.
You were the leading Trump-supporter on the board 2 days ago. Whats going on?
LOL... You guys kept putting me in the position of defending him with the things you were implying. It was sort of "setting the record straight." But, I really don't know who I like.. I just know who I dislike immensely.
it was a love-fest. You're not a good liar. All you've been doing the last week was singing his praises lol
I'm a terrible liar, that's for sure! But, if someone says Trump will be dishonest, I remind them he hasn't taken large donations nor have super pacs that he will beholden to, when libs talk about his irrational view on immigration, I might remind them that Obama is not taking care the laws of the land are being followed when he refused to deport those who are here illegally and has told Border patrols to stand down.

But, that doesn't mean he's got my vote...he is so unpresidential!
So what specifically made you- his #1 supporter on this board change your mind. Specific
He is so thin skinned. I expect politicians to have big egos, but Trumps has gone off the scale. Can he control it? I did a thread last week or earlier about the Psychology of Voters. It was about narcissism and what is a healthy narcissism and what was not. Gave characteristic of each. Now, I'm not a liar, nor am I a sheep. Trump came out from the "Quiz" to be unhealthy.

Theres something you're not telling us. You were his #1 supporter here and you vanish for two days and come back and start a thread on how to torpedo his campaign
I don't think the article I wrote was torpedoing his campaign. It was how unfair it was for the RNC to change the rules of the primaries and they made it harder for a non party person to win.

If he has 49.94% of the votes, the gop will backdoor him and put rubio or jeb as the nom, or some other controlled person

that leaves bern to take most of the middle and the left with the gop having only it's die hards, cons will pass on voting in numbers
I think he would go third party, and rightfully so... as payback for the RNC back stabbing him in a brokered convention.

Trump will not just walk away without a fight.

Bernie won't be the nominee. Hillary has those superdelegates pasted on her ass.
He's going to need 51.1% or he will lose as well, he's to open and honest about what the dnc has planned for us down the road.

hill will start to break down, last time she was up against charismatic clown that had no resume to stand on, now she's up against a salesman that selling free shit to morons.

she's going to crack b/c there will be no 2nd place trophy this time
Thank you.
I don't know about that. Hillary has lied throughout her stint as SoS and all during the campaign and staunch DNC people just don't care. I got nervous about Bernie during their last debate. He kept coughing, and I was worried he wasn't going to make it through the debate...Good Heavens, I wish he was younger! He's a good man.

He looked so sick with a fever going on..for a person to go to a debate being that sick shows much strength . If he picked a good strong Vise president to take over people would feel better about that..

But like any of us, we don't know if today is our last or he could live to 120 years old...lol

Yes, he did look sick. I would bet he would choose a person who is totally honest for VP.

LOL... You guys kept putting me in the position of defending him with the things you were implying. It was sort of "setting the record straight." But, I really don't know who I like.. I just know who I dislike immensely.
it was a love-fest. You're not a good liar. All you've been doing the last week was singing his praises lol
I'm a terrible liar, that's for sure! But, if someone says Trump will be dishonest, I remind them he hasn't taken large donations nor have super pacs that he will beholden to, when libs talk about his irrational view on immigration, I might remind them that Obama is not taking care the laws of the land are being followed when he refused to deport those who are here illegally and has told Border patrols to stand down.

So what specifically made you- his #1 supporter on this board change your mind. Specific
He is so thin skinned. I expect politicians to have big egos, but Trumps has gone off the scale. Can he control it? I did a thread last week or earlier about the Psychology of Voters. It was about narcissism and what is a healthy narcissism and what was not. Gave characteristic of each. Now, I'm not a liar, nor am I a sheep. Trump came out from the "Quiz" to be unhealthy.
You were ALL-IN for trump. Don't give some vague reason why you abandoned him. You were his #1 supporter here. Is it because he called out Bush for 9/11 or called-out Cruz for playing dirty. Come on. Tell the truth

I think he would go third party, and rightfully so... as payback for the RNC back stabbing him in a brokered convention.

I agree. People like Jackson throwing him under the bus is unconscionable.

Well, that would ruin any chances of the RNC to win, but I do think he has to keep warning the RNC that he would do it. Hillary would take it.

yet you were singing his praises all last week. You;'re lying as to your reason for throwing him under the bus. He prolly said some truth that you were uncomfortable with like The last Repub Admin screwed up big time by invading Iraq. He went into that IN DEPTH during the last debate

I agree. People like Jackson abandoning him is unconscionable.
For having a mind of my own? Really? No one, no party can tell me who or what to vote for and that I couldn't change my mind when I think it is a wrong choice. I said I was standing back, not stabbing in the back.

There's nearly $4 trillion dollars a year up for grabs people, that's why the establishment in both parties are freaked about losing control to Trump or any non-establishment outsider. Hard to tell how far they would go to retain control, I have heard some GOP establishment donors would prefer Hillary vs Trump.

The Republican's choice is go with the winner, Trump..... and lose the election against Hillary or Bernie BY a couple of hairs.... :D

or not go with him,

And lose by a landslide, the election with Trump going third party, splitting the Republican constituent's vote

Or just lose the election because they put Romney or Bush in the spot....leaving constituents with lack luster support.

For having a mind of my own? Really? No one, no party can tell me who or what to vote for and that I couldn't change my mind when I think it is a wrong choice. I said I was standing back, not stabbing in the back.
AFTER singing his praises from the rooftop all last week. Riiiiiiiight :rolleyes-41:
I'm starting a thread on your weather vane principles tomorrow lol

HOW THE REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENT CAN KEEP DONALD TRUMP FROM GETTING THE NOMINATION

But not all of them will be won during the state-by-state series of caucuses and primaries that will take place during the first half of 2016. Of the total of 2,472 Republican delegates, 437 of them are unpledged delegates – and 168 of those are members of the Republican National Committee.

In order to win the Republican nomination without any of the unpledged delegates, Trump would need to win 60.78 percent of the delegates that are up for grabs during the caucuses and primaries. And considering that his poll support is hovering around 30 percent right now, that is a very tall order.

In the past, it was easier for a front-runner to pile up delegates in “winner take all” states, but for this election cycle the Republicans have changed quite a few things. In 2016, all states that hold caucuses or primaries before March 15th must award their delegates proportionally.

In 2016, more delegates will be allocated on a proportional basis by the Republicans than ever before, and with such a crowded field that makes it quite likely that no candidate will have secured enough delegates for the nomination by the time the Republican convention rolls around.

The following comes from the Hill

More than 20 top GOP officials discussed at a dinner on Monday the party’s strategy in the event of a brokered convention amid Donald Trump’s consistent lead in the polls.

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) listened as several longtime party members argued the establishment must lay the groundwork for a floor fight if Trump storms through the presidential primaries, five sources familiar with the meeting told The Washington Post.

In the event of a “brokered convention”, it is almost inevitable that an establishment candidate would emerge as the nominee. That list would include names such as Bush, Rubio and Romney, and it would exclude names such as Trump, Cruz and Carson.

Even if Trump captures every single one of these delegates, however, he would still need to capture over 700 of the nearly 2,000 remaining delegates in order to emerge as the nominee, and here is where the math gets much more difficult for him.

Even if he captures every single delegate awarded to candidates who win a plurality of the votes in a state, he would still need to win approximately 37 percent of the remaining delegates to capture the nomination — under the various and often complex rules that each state uses to allocate these delegates.

Currently, the Real Clear Politics polling average shows Trump leading the GOP field with about 30 percent of the vote, so his current polls likely do not give him enough support to capture the nomination outright.

So in the end, we could very well see a “brokered convention” for the first time in decades, and the damage done to the Republican party by a brokered convention could potentially hand the general election to Hillary Clinton.
How The Republican Establishment Can Keep Donald Trump From Getting The Nomination

So, if trump doesn't have the support from the RNC, he probably won't get the nomination. The only edge Trump might have is to keep claiming he'll go third party which means an inevitable loss for the Republicans.
Be prepared to hear him warning the DNC again, again and again.

I think Trump is very dishonest. He takes positions to do the most damage to his opponents, not based on core values. Yeah, I know that's somewhat true for most all of the candidates, but Trump is doing it on steroids.

yet you were singing his praises all last week. You;'re lying as to your reason for throwing him under the bus. He prolly said some truth that you were uncomfortable with like The last Admin screwed up big time by invading Iraq.
I told you, posters, perhaps you, would make untrue comments about him and for that I would defend his policies. I can guarantee that I didn't defend his personality except to say, he would probably make good deals for America, even great compared to this administration.

Trump ripped everyone on that stage in the last debate mostly about Repub foreign policy disaster AKA- iraq and 9/11. Thats why Jackson is throwing him under the bus

AFTER singing his praises from the rooftop all last week. Riiiiiiiight :rolleyes-41:
I'm starting a thread on your weather vane principles tomorrow lol
Why are you having such a hard time with this? I haven't said who I am supporting right now. Trumo is closer to my views, but thawt personality thing makes me look for other options. Are you, by any chance, saying a person cannot change their mind on voting and must go along with the leaders of your party? Are you talking about what an evil thing it would be for someone to stop voting D when they have different views? Aren't you allowed to change your alliegance?

Well, that would ruin any chances of the RNC to win, but I do think he has to keep warning the RNC that he would do it. Hillary would take it.
Trump is a master deal maker. I have to give him that. He knows how to use leverage.

Forum List

Back