How the RNC can keep Donald Trump from getting the nomination...

To tell the voters that they really don't matter is probably the last line that can be crossed by the RNC. After that, it's entered the event horizon of a black hole -- gone for good.

Trump ripped everyone on that stage in the last debate mostly about Repub foreign policy disaster AKA- iraq and 9/11. Thats why Jackson is throwing him under the bus
Honestly, I missed it. I'm embarrassed to tell you I didn't even know there was one until afterwards. There was very little on the board about it. I'm sorry to hear about the 9/11 attack. I disagree with Trump, but agree that Iraq was wrong. what else did Trump say?

To tell the voters that they really don't matter is probably the last line that can be crossed by the RNC. After that, it's entered the event horizon of a black hole -- gone for good.
That is true. And watch this:

unpledged delegates (commonly known as superdelegates) who will cast a vote at the 2016 Democratic National Convention, to be held July 25–28 inPhiladelphia.[1] Unpledged delegates represent about a sixth of the overall delegate count (approximately 4,763) and come from several categories of prominent Democratic Party members:

· 20 distinguished party leaders (current and former presidents, vice-presidents, congressional leaders, and DNC chairs)

· 20 Democratic governors (including territorial governors and the Mayor of the District of Columbia)

· 47 Democratic members of the United States Senate (including Washington, DC shadow senators)

· 193 Democratic members
of the United States House of Representatives (including non-voting delegates)

· 432 elected members of the Democratic National Committee (including the chairs and vice-chairs of each state's Democratic Party)[2]

Hillary has all or most of those superdelegates. That almost 700 delegates she has without even showing up to a primary state...Democrats are worse than the Republicans when it comes to picking their own candidate

Trump ripped everyone on that stage in the last debate mostly about Repub foreign policy disaster AKA- iraq and 9/11. Thats why Jackson is throwing him under the bus
Honestly, I missed it. I'm embarrassed to tell you I didn't even know there was one until afterwards. There was very little on the board about it. I'm sorry to hear about the 9/11 attack. I disagree with Trump, but agree that Iraq was wrong. what else did Trump say?
Trump is the classic armchair quarterback. He is great at pointing out things that went wrong after the fact.

LOL... You guys kept putting me in the position of defending him with the things you were implying. It was sort of "setting the record straight." But, I really don't know who I like.. I just know who I dislike immensely.
it was a love-fest. You're not a good liar. All you've been doing the last week was singing his praises lol
I'm a terrible liar, that's for sure! But, if someone says Trump will be dishonest, I remind them he hasn't taken large donations nor have super pacs that he will beholden to, when libs talk about his irrational view on immigration, I might remind them that Obama is not taking care the laws of the land are being followed when he refused to deport those who are here illegally and has told Border patrols to stand down.

But, that doesn't mean he's got my vote...he is so unpresidential!
So what specifically made you- his #1 supporter on this board change your mind. Specific
He is so thin skinned. I expect politicians to have big egos, but Trumps has gone off the scale. Can he control it? I did a thread last week or earlier about the Psychology of Voters. It was about narcissism and what is a healthy narcissism and what was not. Gave characteristic of each. Now, I'm not a liar, nor am I a sheep. Trump came out from the "Quiz" to be unhealthy.
yet you were singing his praises all last week. You;'re lying as to your reason for throwing him under the bus. He prolly said some truth that you were uncomfortable with like The last Repub Admin screwed up big time by invading Iraq. He went into that IN DEPTH during the last debate
But i agree with him that Iraq wrong and we didn't have exit strategies in Afghanistan. But W was a decent president. I don't know if Trump is going to get many votes in that shot.

Ever see Goodfellas? Remember when the restaurant owner Sonny needed Paulie as a partner in order to keep lunatic Tommy at bay? Paulie ends up taking over the place for his own ends?

That's Trump. The RNC let him in the door, and he ain't fuckin' leaving. He'll burn the place down like they did to the Bamboo.

unpledged delegates (commonly known as superdelegates) who will cast a vote at the 2016 Democratic National Convention, to be held July 25–28 inPhiladelphia.[1] Unpledged delegates represent about a sixth of the overall delegate count (approximately 4,763) and come from several categories of prominent Democratic Party members:

· 20 distinguished party leaders (current and former presidents, vice-presidents, congressional leaders, and DNC chairs)

· 20 Democratic governors (including territorial governors and the Mayor of the District of Columbia)

· 47 Democratic members of the United States Senate (including Washington, DC shadow senators)

· 193 Democratic members

· 432 elected members of the Democratic National Committee (including the chairs and vice-chairs of each state's Democratic Party)[2]

Hillary has all or most of those superdelegates. That almost 700 delegates she has without even showing up to a primary state...Democrats are worse than the Republicans when it comes to picking their own candidate
Nope Jackson, Hillary only has about half of the super delegates/unpledged delegates....the other half have NOT committed to Hillary and are up for Bernie to grab.

· 193 Democratic members

People won't be too mad as long as the majority of the votes go to Hillary, or even if Sanders has an insignificant lead (say, 1% - 2%). I guess that's what's gonna happen, unless the email bomb blows up.

There's nearly $4 trillion dollars a year up for grabs people, that's why the establishment in both parties are freaked about losing control to Trump or any non-establishment outsider. Hard to tell how far they would go to retain control, I have heard some GOP establishment donors would prefer Hillary vs Trump.
That's interesting... wonder if there is going to be a groundswell of support for Trump from leading RNC people.

· 193 Democratic members

Nope Jackson, Hillary only has about half of the super delegates/unpledged delegates....the other half have NOT committed to Hillary and are up for Bernie to grab.
Don't you think she is going to get the rest? Most all of the delegate are establishment party people

· 193 Democratic members

People won't be too mad as long as the majority of the votes go to Hillary, or even if Sanders has an insignificant lead (say, 1% - 2%). I guess that's what's gonna happen, unless the email bomb blows up.
That, I think would change the entire environment. If she was actually indicted or the FBI follows through with their warning that they would go public with the evidence...she'd be done. Big if.

· 193 Democratic members

Don't you think she is going to get the rest? Most all of the delegate are establishment party people
I suspect that she will at least get enough to win. Some of the delegates may go for Bernie to make it look like the fix isn't in for Hillary.

Trump isn't going to get the numbers he needs.

If he has 49.94% of the votes, the gop will backdoor him and put rubio or jeb as the nom, or some other controlled person

trump will probably not go 3rd party, he knows he'd lose that.

that leaves bern to take most of the middle and the left with the gop having only it's die hards, cons will pass on voting in numbers
I think he would go third party, and rightfully so... as payback for the RNC back stabbing him in a brokered convention.

Trump will not just walk away without a fight.
I agree. People like Jackson abandoning him is unconscionable.
For having a mind of my own? Really? No one, no party can tell me who or what to vote for and that I couldn't change my mind when I think it is a wrong choice. I said I was standing back, not stabbing in the back.
AFTER singing his praises from the rooftop all last week. Riiiiiiiight :rolleyes-41:
I'm starting a thread on your weather vane principles tomorrow lol
My principles haven't changed, but my opinion has changed somewhat. I still may be voting for him. But, you do what you have to do.

· 193 Democratic members

It seems they would have committed to her to show support now, when she's struggling, but they haven't.... plus a couple of unpledged delegates that had committed to Hillary have changed their commitment to Bernie.... so, they can change their minds.

· 193 Democratic members

I suspect that she will at least get enough to win. Some of the delegates may go for Bernie to make it look like the fix isn't in for Hillary.
I understand, Moma.

· 193 Democratic members

It seems they would have committed to her to show support now, when she's struggling, but they haven't.... plus a couple of unpledged delegates that had committed to Hillary have changed their commitment to Bernie.... so, they can change their minds.
I didn't know that any had changed their minds. Thank you/.

Trump isn't going to get the numbers he needs.

If he has 49.94% of the votes, the gop will backdoor him and put rubio or jeb as the nom, or some other controlled person

trump will probably not go 3rd party, he knows he'd lose that.

that leaves bern to take most of the middle and the left with the gop having only it's die hards, cons will pass on voting in numbers
I think he would go third party, and rightfully so... as payback for the RNC back stabbing him in a brokered convention.

Trump will not just walk away without a fight.
I agree. People like Jackson abandoning him is unconscionable.
For having a mind of my own? Really? No one, no party can tell me who or what to vote for and that I couldn't change my mind when I think it is a wrong choice. I said I was standing back, not stabbing in the back.
AFTER singing his praises from the rooftop all last week. Riiiiiiiight :rolleyes-41:
I'm starting a thread on your weather vane principles tomorrow lol
My principles haven't changed, but my opinion has changed somewhat. I still may be voting for him. But, you do what you have to do.
He will be whatever he needs to be to win. He likes winning.

Ever see Goodfellas? Remember when the restaurant owner Sonny needed Paulie as a partner in order to keep lunatic Tommy at bay? Paulie ends up taking over the place for his own ends?

That's Trump. The RNC let him in the door, and he ain't fuckin' leaving. He'll burn the place down like they did to the Bamboo.

I think you might be dramatizing this a bit...

· 193 Democratic members

That, I think would change the entire environment. If she was actually indicted or the FBI follows through with their warning that they would go public with the evidence...she'd be done. Big if.
Agreed, and yes it's unlikely, but possible. Even if it doesn't blow up, it's still a nightmare haunting her campaign, especially if the republican nominee knows how to use it.

· 193 Democratic members

Agreed, and yes it's unlikely, but possible. Even if it doesn't blow up, it's still a nightmare haunting her campaign, especially if the republican nominee knows how to use it.
There is so much material out there (videos) that the Republican candidate could use against Hillary, it would damage her severely. But you're right...do they know how to use it?

Forum List

Back