🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How the RNC can keep Donald Trump from getting the nomination...

You are a hoot.

How old are you?

You go ALL-IN for Trump for the last 3+ weeks then log-on last night and detail how to derail his candidacy.

with friends like you, who needs enemies.
You still haven;'t told me why this has boggled your mind! Why should you care about who I vote for?

And I want you to read the link at OP. It describes how unfair changes to the 2016 rules is working against Trump and for the establishment candidates, just as the DNC does with their superdelagtaes but much more of a disadvantage to Sanders. That was not intended to derail Trump, if anything, Trump supporters should be searching out more independents to support Trump to ensure the nomination for him. The fact that he is leading in all polls, that may not be enough. They (we) need a bigger landslide for him to become the nominee.
There were two, TWO Trump cheerleaders on this board- yourself and missourian. You couldn't sing his praises enough.

stop playing dumb.
I didn't pay close attention or take names, but there are far more than just two.
"far more"? lol

Make up stuff much?

you really aren't very good at this lying thing

You are a hoot.

How old are you?

You go ALL-IN for Trump for the last 3+ weeks then log-on last night and detail how to derail his candidacy.

come on Dot....

she was not for Trump initially, she/he? was a Cruz supporter, then when Cruz dicked Trump via his lying and saying Carson was out of the race so he could get Carson votes in the Iowa Caucus, she went to being a trump supporter with hesitation and said at the time, she could change her mind....

I don't think it was just Trump calling out Bush for Iraq and 911.... with plenty of other R's that may be the case but not Jackson...

HOW THE REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENT CAN KEEP DONALD TRUMP FROM GETTING THE NOMINATION

But not all of them will be won during the state-by-state series of caucuses and primaries that will take place during the first half of 2016. Of the total of 2,472 Republican delegates, 437 of them are unpledged delegates – and 168 of those are members of the Republican National Committee.

In order to win the Republican nomination without any of the unpledged delegates, Trump would need to win 60.78 percent of the delegates that are up for grabs during the caucuses and primaries. And considering that his poll support is hovering around 30 percent right now, that is a very tall order.

In the past, it was easier for a front-runner to pile up delegates in “winner take all” states, but for this election cycle the Republicans have changed quite a few things. In 2016, all states that hold caucuses or primaries before March 15th must award their delegates proportionally.

In 2016, more delegates will be allocated on a proportional basis by the Republicans than ever before, and with such a crowded field that makes it quite likely that no candidate will have secured enough delegates for the nomination by the time the Republican convention rolls around.

The following comes from the Hill

More than 20 top GOP officials discussed at a dinner on Monday the party’s strategy in the event of a brokered convention amid Donald Trump’s consistent lead in the polls.

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) listened as several longtime party members argued the establishment must lay the groundwork for a floor fight if Trump storms through the presidential primaries, five sources familiar with the meeting told The Washington Post.

In the event of a “brokered convention”, it is almost inevitable that an establishment candidate would emerge as the nominee. That list would include names such as Bush, Rubio and Romney, and it would exclude names such as Trump, Cruz and Carson.

Even if Trump captures every single one of these delegates, however, he would still need to capture over 700 of the nearly 2,000 remaining delegates in order to emerge as the nominee, and here is where the math gets much more difficult for him.

Even if he captures every single delegate awarded to candidates who win a plurality of the votes in a state, he would still need to win approximately 37 percent of the remaining delegates to capture the nomination — under the various and often complex rules that each state uses to allocate these delegates.

Currently, the Real Clear Politics polling average shows Trump leading the GOP field with about 30 percent of the vote, so his current polls likely do not give him enough support to capture the nomination outright.

So in the end, we could very well see a “brokered convention” for the first time in decades, and the damage done to the Republican party by a brokered convention could potentially hand the general election to Hillary Clinton.
How The Republican Establishment Can Keep Donald Trump From Getting The Nomination

So, if trump doesn't have the support from the RNC, he probably won't get the nomination. The only edge Trump might have is to keep claiming he'll go third party which means an inevitable loss for the Republicans.
Be prepared to hear him warning the DNC again, again and again.
You were the leading Trump-supporter on the board 2 days ago. Whats going on?
LOL... You guys kept putting me in the position of defending him with the things you were implying. It was sort of "setting the record straight." But, I really don't know who I like.. I just know who I dislike immensely.
it was a love-fest. You're not a good liar. All you've been doing the last week was singing his praises lol

You'd figure since she is morally bankrupt, she'd be better at it.
EXACTLY!!! Her hate for immigrants (brown ones at least) was unparalleled.
I welcome any immigrant who comes over here legally and is vetted for security sakes. I do not ascribe to illegals taking American jobs.

GOP totally bewildered how their constant attempts to appeal to anger as a way to get their base riled up has led to a an angry base that is riled up and upset and looking to an unhinged deranged Donald Trump to lead the Charge of the Light Brigade............who knew ? who had any way of knowing ?

You are a hoot.

How old are you?

You still haven;'t told me why this has boggled your mind! Why should you care about who I vote for?

And I want you to read the link at OP. It describes how unfair changes to the 2016 rules is working against Trump and for the establishment candidates, just as the DNC does with their superdelagtaes but much more of a disadvantage to Sanders. That was not intended to derail Trump, if anything, Trump supporters should be searching out more independents to support Trump to ensure the nomination for him. The fact that he is leading in all polls, that may not be enough. They (we) need a bigger landslide for him to become the nominee.
There were two, TWO Trump cheerleaders on this board- yourself and missourian. You couldn't sing his praises enough.

stop playing dumb.
I didn't pay close attention or take names, but there are far more than just two.
"far more"? lol

Make up stuff much?

I'm not sure, but I think Dark Fury and possibly easy might be a supporter, but I don't want to talk for them, so I'll just say, I'm not sure.
Answer why you are so upset.

You are a hoot.

How old are you?

come on Dot....

she was not for Trump initially, she/he? was a Cruz supporter, then when Cruz dicked Trump via his lying and saying Carson was out of the race so he could get Carson votes in the Iowa Caucus, she went to being a trump supporter with hesitation and said at the time, she could change her mind....

I don't think it was just Trump calling out Bush for Iraq and 911.... with plenty of other R's that may be the case but not Jackson...
Suffice it to say, she's been singing his praises for weeks on end and now, instead of just saying she changed her mind, she gives detailed instructions on how to stab him in the back

Like I said, with friends like her, who needs enemies?

You are a hoot.

How old are you?

stop playing dumb.
"far more"? lol

Make up stuff much?

I'm not sure, but I think Dark Fury and possibly easy might be a supporter, but I don't want to talk for them, so I'll just say, I'm not sure.
Answer why you are so upset.
so you can answer one definitely, two maybe. That = "far more"?

Again, You suck at lying.

What a hack.

HOW THE REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENT CAN KEEP DONALD TRUMP FROM GETTING THE NOMINATION

But not all of them will be won during the state-by-state series of caucuses and primaries that will take place during the first half of 2016. Of the total of 2,472 Republican delegates, 437 of them are unpledged delegates – and 168 of those are members of the Republican National Committee.

In order to win the Republican nomination without any of the unpledged delegates, Trump would need to win 60.78 percent of the delegates that are up for grabs during the caucuses and primaries. And considering that his poll support is hovering around 30 percent right now, that is a very tall order.

In the past, it was easier for a front-runner to pile up delegates in “winner take all” states, but for this election cycle the Republicans have changed quite a few things. In 2016, all states that hold caucuses or primaries before March 15th must award their delegates proportionally.

In 2016, more delegates will be allocated on a proportional basis by the Republicans than ever before, and with such a crowded field that makes it quite likely that no candidate will have secured enough delegates for the nomination by the time the Republican convention rolls around.

The following comes from the Hill

More than 20 top GOP officials discussed at a dinner on Monday the party’s strategy in the event of a brokered convention amid Donald Trump’s consistent lead in the polls.

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) listened as several longtime party members argued the establishment must lay the groundwork for a floor fight if Trump storms through the presidential primaries, five sources familiar with the meeting told The Washington Post.

In the event of a “brokered convention”, it is almost inevitable that an establishment candidate would emerge as the nominee. That list would include names such as Bush, Rubio and Romney, and it would exclude names such as Trump, Cruz and Carson.

Even if Trump captures every single one of these delegates, however, he would still need to capture over 700 of the nearly 2,000 remaining delegates in order to emerge as the nominee, and here is where the math gets much more difficult for him.

Even if he captures every single delegate awarded to candidates who win a plurality of the votes in a state, he would still need to win approximately 37 percent of the remaining delegates to capture the nomination — under the various and often complex rules that each state uses to allocate these delegates.

Currently, the Real Clear Politics polling average shows Trump leading the GOP field with about 30 percent of the vote, so his current polls likely do not give him enough support to capture the nomination outright.

So in the end, we could very well see a “brokered convention” for the first time in decades, and the damage done to the Republican party by a brokered convention could potentially hand the general election to Hillary Clinton.
How The Republican Establishment Can Keep Donald Trump From Getting The Nomination

So, if trump doesn't have the support from the RNC, he probably won't get the nomination. The only edge Trump might have is to keep claiming he'll go third party which means an inevitable loss for the Republicans.
Be prepared to hear him warning the DNC again, again and again.
LOL... You guys kept putting me in the position of defending him with the things you were implying. It was sort of "setting the record straight." But, I really don't know who I like.. I just know who I dislike immensely.
it was a love-fest. You're not a good liar. All you've been doing the last week was singing his praises lol

Don't know about that. But after he accused MK of being on her period, apparently the only person in the world who didn't think Mr. Trump was making that accusation was Jackson. When called on it, she doubled down on the obvious farce she was propagating. Thusly she was pronounced as morally bankrupt.

The Republican Establishment certainly can take away the nomination from Trump. They can cheat like hell by giving the nomination to a candidate who did not receive the most votes in the primaries.

But you know what? They might win that battle, but Trump will win the war by going third party, or by calling on his supporters to boycott the election, and cause the GOP to lose to Clinton or Sanders.

And then Clinton or Sanders will choose the next Supreme Court Justice.

You are a hoot.

How old are you?

come on Dot....

Thank you, Care. I really do not understand Dot. What difference does it make to him who I support or why. And, to call me a liar is preposterous. I could say I am amused, but I feel more bewildered about this whole scene.

You are a hoot.

How old are you?

come on Dot....

Suffice it to say, she's been singing his praises for weeks on end and now, instead of just saying she changed her mind, she gives detailed instructions on how to stab him in the back

Like I said, with friends like her, who needs enemies?
she began singing Trump's praise AFTER the cheating of Ted Cruz in the Iowa caucus....that could have been the 3 weeks.... there are others on this board that have sung Trump's praise for longer, that HAVE now come to question him due to his GWBush mouthing off.

Trump isn't going to get the numbers he needs.

If he has 49.94% of the votes, the gop will backdoor him and put rubio or jeb as the nom, or some other controlled person

trump will probably not go 3rd party, he knows he'd lose that.

that leaves bern to take most of the middle and the left with the gop having only it's die hards, cons will pass on voting in numbers

I think he'll throw a temper tantrum if they go around him and go independent.

The Republican Establishment certainly can take away the nomination from Trump. They can cheat like hell by giving the nomination to a candidate who did not receive the most votes in the primaries.

But you know what? They might win that battle, but Trump will win the war by going third party, or by calling on his supporters to boycott the election, and cause the GOP to lose to Clinton or Sanders.

You are right, g! There is a lot at stake here. But down deep is that what Trump wants as his legacy? The RNC is trying to make it impossible, but there are some RNC big loyalists that just may tell them, embrace Trump so we can get along with him if he is indeed the next nominee and ultimate president.

Don't know about that. But after he accused MK of being on her period, apparently the only person in the world who didn't think Mr. Trump was making that accusation was Jackson. When called on it, she doubled down on the obvious farce she was propagating. Thusly she was pronounced as morally bankrupt.
yep

Now ALL OF A SUDDEN she's a fragile flower lol

Trump isn't going to get the numbers he needs.

If he has 49.94% of the votes, the gop will backdoor him and put rubio or jeb as the nom, or some other controlled person

trump will probably not go 3rd party, he knows he'd lose that.

that leaves bern to take most of the middle and the left with the gop having only it's die hards, cons will pass on voting in numbers
Bernie won't be the nominee. Hillary has those superdelegates pasted on her ass.

classy... :rolleyes:

if there's a big disparity the super delegates will go with Bernie like they did with the president in 2008. they won't stick if it goes against a large majority of voters.

and the middle will go with her if you give them a wingnut with wingnut policies.

You are right, g! There is a lot at stake here. But down deep is that what Trump wants as his legacy? The RNC is trying to make it impossible, but there are some RNC big loyalists that just may tell them, embrace Trump so we can get along with him if he is indeed the next nominee and ultimate president.

why do you think he cares?

You are a hoot.

How old are you?

come on Dot....

Thank you, Care. I really do not understand Dot. What difference does it make to him who I support or why. And, to call me a liar is preposterous. I could say I am amused, but I feel more bewildered about this whole scene.
what are you like 70 or 80? You lie, get called on it, and then say "I don't understand the animosity"

GOP totally bewildered how their constant attempts to appeal to anger as a way to get their base riled up has led to a an angry base that is riled up and upset and looking to an unhinged deranged Donald Trump to lead the Charge of the Light Brigade............who knew ? who had any way of knowing ?
That's interesting, Tyrone. In the elections of 2010 and 2012, the RNC was appealing to the anger of all voters, not just Rep. In a way, they fostered the anger that is going on around the country. Now look at what they have done, lol.
In 2010 and 2013, the Rep gained the House and Senate. That's what anger does. Now the RNC itself needs new leaders.

why do you think he cares?
I have no idea? Is he a Trump supporter?

You are a hoot.

How old are you?

come on Dot....

what are you like 70 or 80? You lie, get called on it, and then say "I don't understand the animosity"
I have yet to lie. I don't know what to say to make you understand that every voter can and should constantly evaluate their choices and try to make reasonable decisions.

Forum List

Back