How the RNC can keep Donald Trump from getting the nomination...

OK, you're not a hypocrite, you're a busybody. Better?
Yes, I know. You don't want the discussion of how weak Trump's opposition to gay marriage is brought up at this crucial point in his campaign. You have, like so many others, intuitively figured out that any discussion of this weakness would turn his people against him; since the elephant in the room is and always has been how the Trumpster-types are the bloc who hate gay marriage viscerally but were too reticent to talk about it.

If their messiah was exposed as going to several gay weddings and calling them "beautiful", they would scatter like dust in the wind..
no one, w/ a brain cares. Just fundies like yourself. You are a fundy right?
Nope. Right square in the middle. Registered blue collar democrat...like about half of Trump's followers...

Let's test your theory that "nobody cares"...let's ask Trump about the strength of his opposition to gay marriage on prime time. You're right, so you shouldn't worry...right?... :popcorn: Let's see if this is the golden key for the GOP to solve the Trump problem. According to you it should belly flop. Care to test it?

Discussion? I don't give a shit what grown adults do on their own time in the privacy of their own home. See how that works? The 4th Amendment. Read it sometime.

Discussion? I don't give a shit what grown adults do on their own time in the privacy of their own home. See how that works? The 4th Amendment. Read it sometime.
I'd love to talk about how the 14th Amendment is about equality....which means that all sexual behaviors (including polygamy) and not just a select few can now marry... Anything less would not be true marriage equality.

But that's not what this discussion is about. It's about how Trump's followers actually, truly feel about that misuse of the 14th's application. And how you seem cock-sure it won't matter to them...yet oddly opposed to putting that question to the group and their messiah publicly...

Odd...

You profess to not give a shit. But let's publicly canvass the rest of Trump's followers to see if they agree. Fair enough?

I'd love to talk about how the 14th Amendment is about equality....which means that all sexual behaviors (including polygamy) and not just a select few can now marry... Anything less would not be true marriage equality.

But that's not what this discussion is about. It's about how Trump's followers actually, truly feel about that misuse of the 14th's application. And how you seem cock-sure it won't matter to them...yet oddly opposed to putting that question to the group and their messiah publicly...

Odd...

You profess to not give a shit. But let's publicly canvass the rest of Trump's followers to see if they agree. Fair enough?

Dummy. you quoted me and even misread my comment :lmao:

The 4th Amendment. Read it sometime.

Last edited:
The 4th amendment? What people do in their own home? Are you sure you know about the 4th? It just means LE needs a search warrant before coming in to someone's home to seize evidence. What does that have to do with gays?

The Trumpeters actually know there's a 14th amend?
Of course they do. This is a highly controversial amendment that is used a the crux for allowing "anchor babies" at this time. Trump is against anchor babies.

HOW THE REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENT CAN KEEP DONALD TRUMP FROM GETTING THE NOMINATION

But not all of them will be won during the state-by-state series of caucuses and primaries that will take place during the first half of 2016. Of the total of 2,472 Republican delegates, 437 of them are unpledged delegates – and 168 of those are members of the Republican National Committee.

In order to win the Republican nomination without any of the unpledged delegates, Trump would need to win 60.78 percent of the delegates that are up for grabs during the caucuses and primaries. And considering that his poll support is hovering around 30 percent right now, that is a very tall order.

In the past, it was easier for a front-runner to pile up delegates in “winner take all” states, but for this election cycle the Republicans have changed quite a few things. In 2016, all states that hold caucuses or primaries before March 15th must award their delegates proportionally.

In 2016, more delegates will be allocated on a proportional basis by the Republicans than ever before, and with such a crowded field that makes it quite likely that no candidate will have secured enough delegates for the nomination by the time the Republican convention rolls around.

The following comes from the Hill

More than 20 top GOP officials discussed at a dinner on Monday the party’s strategy in the event of a brokered convention amid Donald Trump’s consistent lead in the polls.

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) listened as several longtime party members argued the establishment must lay the groundwork for a floor fight if Trump storms through the presidential primaries, five sources familiar with the meeting told The Washington Post.

In the event of a “brokered convention”, it is almost inevitable that an establishment candidate would emerge as the nominee. That list would include names such as Bush, Rubio and Romney, and it would exclude names such as Trump, Cruz and Carson.

Even if Trump captures every single one of these delegates, however, he would still need to capture over 700 of the nearly 2,000 remaining delegates in order to emerge as the nominee, and here is where the math gets much more difficult for him.

Even if he captures every single delegate awarded to candidates who win a plurality of the votes in a state, he would still need to win approximately 37 percent of the remaining delegates to capture the nomination — under the various and often complex rules that each state uses to allocate these delegates.

Currently, the Real Clear Politics polling average shows Trump leading the GOP field with about 30 percent of the vote, so his current polls likely do not give him enough support to capture the nomination outright.

So in the end, we could very well see a “brokered convention” for the first time in decades, and the damage done to the Republican party by a brokered convention could potentially hand the general election to Hillary Clinton.
How The Republican Establishment Can Keep Donald Trump From Getting The Nomination

So, if trump doesn't have the support from the RNC, he probably won't get the nomination. The only edge Trump might have is to keep claiming he'll go third party which means an inevitable loss for the Republicans.
Be prepared to hear him warning the DNC again, again and again.

Romney would not be one of the names in consideration. In a brokered convention delegates cannot vote for anyone whatsoever. They can only vote among the actual candidates.

The most likely result to a brokered convention dog fight would be Kasich. That being said, the more likely scenario would be horse trading for the VP pick. At the same time, the rules that will ultimately govern the convention won't be solidified until just before the convention.

The 4th amendment? What people do in their own home? Are you sure you know about the 4th? It just means LE needs a search warrant before coming in to someone's home to seize evidence. What does that have to do with gays?
if you're not smart enough to figure it out, I'm not going to lead you by the hand. Same goes for abortion, 4th Amendment protection. Don't like it? Move to Mexico

...but we digress. This thread has gone astray from the OP which is: You abandoning, nay, undermining Trump. Sad

HOW THE REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENT CAN KEEP DONALD TRUMP FROM GETTING THE NOMINATION

But not all of them will be won during the state-by-state series of caucuses and primaries that will take place during the first half of 2016. Of the total of 2,472 Republican delegates, 437 of them are unpledged delegates – and 168 of those are members of the Republican National Committee.

In order to win the Republican nomination without any of the unpledged delegates, Trump would need to win 60.78 percent of the delegates that are up for grabs during the caucuses and primaries. And considering that his poll support is hovering around 30 percent right now, that is a very tall order.

In the past, it was easier for a front-runner to pile up delegates in “winner take all” states, but for this election cycle the Republicans have changed quite a few things. In 2016, all states that hold caucuses or primaries before March 15th must award their delegates proportionally.

In 2016, more delegates will be allocated on a proportional basis by the Republicans than ever before, and with such a crowded field that makes it quite likely that no candidate will have secured enough delegates for the nomination by the time the Republican convention rolls around.

More than 20 top GOP officials discussed at a dinner on Monday the party’s strategy in the event of a brokered convention amid Donald Trump’s consistent lead in the polls.

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) listened as several longtime party members argued the establishment must lay the groundwork for a floor fight if Trump storms through the presidential primaries, five sources familiar with the meeting told The Washington Post.

In the event of a “brokered convention”, it is almost inevitable that an establishment candidate would emerge as the nominee. That list would include names such as Bush, Rubio and Romney, and it would exclude names such as Trump, Cruz and Carson.

Even if Trump captures every single one of these delegates, however, he would still need to capture over 700 of the nearly 2,000 remaining delegates in order to emerge as the nominee, and here is where the math gets much more difficult for him.

Even if he captures every single delegate awarded to candidates who win a plurality of the votes in a state, he would still need to win approximately 37 percent of the remaining delegates to capture the nomination — under the various and often complex rules that each state uses to allocate these delegates.

Currently, the Real Clear Politics polling average shows Trump leading the GOP field with about 30 percent of the vote, so his current polls likely do not give him enough support to capture the nomination outright.

So in the end, we could very well see a “brokered convention” for the first time in decades, and the damage done to the Republican party by a brokered convention could potentially hand the general election to Hillary Clinton.
How The Republican Establishment Can Keep Donald Trump From Getting The Nomination

So, if trump doesn't have the support from the RNC, he probably won't get the nomination. The only edge Trump might have is to keep claiming he'll go third party which means an inevitable loss for the Republicans.

Romney would not be one of the names in consideration. In a brokered convention delegates cannot vote for anyone whatsoever. They can only vote among the actual candidates.

The most likely result to a brokered convention dog fight would be Kasich. That being said, the more likely scenario would be horse trading for the VP pick. At the same time, the rules that will ultimately govern the convention won't be solidified until just before the convention.
I pray they pick Romney and lose CrusaderFrank ;)

if you're not smart enough to figure it out, I'm not going to lead you by the hand. Same goes for abortion, 4th Amendment protection. Don't like it? Move to Mexico

...but we digress. This thread has gone astray from the OP which is: You abandoning, nay, undermining Trump. Sad
Thank you for your reply. I don't want to side track this silly thread, so I won't mention that you haven't a clue about the 4th amendment.
Back on topic...You are so concerned about support for Trump, everyone knows you are a supporter yourself.

Thank you for your reply. I don't want to side track this silly thread, so I won't mention that you haven't a clue about the 4th amendment.
Back on topic...You are so concerned about support for Trump, everyone knows you are a supporter yourself.
4th? You people finally got it :clap2: That other poster thought i said the 14th EVEN THOUGH THEY QUOTED ME AND i WROTE THE 4th, then you dummies started going-off on that tangent. You people are a hoot :p

You just don't listen, do you? In the post above you, it was explained that Romney cannot be considered because he is not a candidate. And, what does that have to do with Crusader Frank? The loser, is you.

4th? You people finally got it :clap2: That other poster thought i said the 14th EVEN THOUGH THEY QUOTED ME AND i WROTE THE 4th, then you dummies started going-off on that tangent. You people are a hoot :p
Your reference to the 4th amendment was nonsensical.

"I don't give a shit what grown adults do on their own time in the privacy of their own home. See how that works? The 4th Amendment. Read it sometime."
th
Now, want to stay on topic?

So the poster misread and said the 14th...All you had to do is correct him. Did I misread it? No. So, who is the dummy? You used the plural. It was just Silhouette.

You can bet if Rove has anything to do with it, they'll pick a losing candidate. Hey, Mitt Romney lost in 2012 so he's a sure bet for 2016, right?

Or maybe "establishment hand-puppet Rubio" (younger version of Romney) will beat Hillary? Or maybe Cruz with his Canadian birth certificate? Or "Dubya II"... It's just weird. Rove keeps grooming candidates that logic dictates will lose. It's like team-Rove live in la-la land or ......?

True. right winger is prolly right w/his thread stating "The next Repub President haven't even been born yet" ;)

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

I certainly agree with the statement that a brokered convention will be enormously harmful to the GOP in the general election and feel it will insure a win for Hilary. Even if Trump were to accept losing the nomination at a brokered cponvention I think there is a very strong chance that a lot of his supporters will not accept it and the Dem will wion for sure

You hear the possibility of a brokered convention almost every election but if it actually happens this time it is VERY VERY bad news for the GOP

Forum List

Back