How this garlic farm went from a labor shortage to over 150 people on its applicant waitlist

What would that be an be specific?

I'll start with hatred of diversity.

No you want to say that illegals and legals are the same...

We have no problems with legals.

Yeah that's why Trump is supporting a bill to halve legal immigration and why a main talking point of the right is that diversity and multi-culturalism are evil. :rolleyes:

WTF? Making shit up again?
Uh... no. Here's 3 sources about halving legal immigration; 1 wildly/partisanly conservative, 1 moderate, and 1 you rubes argue leans left; so you can't whine your way out of it

Donald Trump's Aides Develop Plans to Halve Legal Immigration - Breitbart

Trump crafting plan to slash legal immigration

GOP senators aim to cut legal immigration by half - CNNPolitics.com

Good. I hope they do. That will increase wages for many Americans.

How this garlic farm went from a labor shortage to over 150 people on its applicant waitlist

Flush the Illegal Beaners, offer a living wage, and presto-change-o... instant jobs that Americans will take.

Imagine that! :)

-------------------------------------

Happy to pay a little more for my garlic at the grocery store, to make that happen.

If the agriculture business gets so screwed that it has to start paying people $18 an hour, Republicans will be the first ones begging illegals to come back now that they can't afford to eat :laugh:

Such hypocrites.

When $15.00 minimum wage is discussed, you on the left make claim it won't raise the cost of goods all that much, but talk about getting rid of immigrants which would raise labor costs naturally, people will starve because the price of goods will be so high. Which is it?
I don't really care about the minimum wage. I'm pretty fiscally conservative, but I can't reconcile the GOP's hatred of everything I love about this country.

What would that be an be specific?

I'll start with hatred of diversity.

Do you know the reason Democrats love diversity? Because every other group of people in this country vote Democrats as a majority. This is why the Democrat party is now the anti-white party. Their plot is to make whites a minority as soon as possible so they can have a one-party government.

If Republicans found a way to have a one-party Republican government in this country, wouldn't the Democrats do everything in their power to stop that?

Get rid of cheap illegals and wages will rise

Ann Coulter has been saying this for years
Dumb ass. In 2016, they were short 50 workers. They raised wages and now they have more applicants than jobs. Looks to me like the raise in wages had more to do with getting people than did the presence of illegals.
Thing is, throwing 10 million worthy illegals is NOT going to happen, at least until racist hater dupes get 60 Senate votes...

You see wages rising, yet consider anyone that wants to encourage this trend to be "racist hater dupes"?

You are a fucking moron, race baiting asshole.

Fucking Bear just argued for a $15 minimum wage. Love it.

Once again a retarded lefty can not figure out the difference between government artificially raising wages and the market .

Wouldn't the effect of the wage stay the same? If $15 is going to cause job loss and price increases via min wage, won't it do the same if caused by the market?

Not at all because it's not across the board. Each market will determine what wage will attract workers.

What is going to be below garlic farmers? I don't see how the same people can call for doom with a $15 min wage, but then applaud it when the market reaches $15. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

*Crickets*

Dafuck do you expect?

O wow man, dramatically raising wages brings in more workers. Who knew that would happen. What a revelation. You should write a book.

SMH

Amnesia much from the lefts silly argument there are jobs Americans won't do?

Or the products will cost to much?

"The left"'s argument? :rofl:

Is that like "the right's" argument that raising minimal wages will put businesses out of business?

It's to hard for you to comprehend the market doing it at one company or hundred of thosands of company's doing it by a mandate..by the government

Ackchooly what's hard to comprehend is how a moron can trot out a series of Generalization Fallacies while being entirely oblivious to it.

This confuses you pogo as much as the electoral college confuses you

I have no confusion whatsoever about the Electrical College. I've schooled many smarter than you on it, which isn't saying much.

As much as you think cities would of been the same regardless if in Democrat control or Republican control..

Indeed. Because having trash picked up on Thursday instead of Wednesday is just soooooooooo ... uh, Democrat.

SMH

LOL, you can't "school" anyone kid.

Once again a retarded lefty can not figure out the difference between government artificially raising wages and the market .

Wouldn't the effect of the wage stay the same? If $15 is going to cause job loss and price increases via min wage, won't it do the same if caused by the market?

Not at all because it's not across the board. Each market will determine what wage will attract workers.

What is going to be below garlic farmers? I don't see how the same people can call for doom with a $15 min wage, but then applaud it when the market reaches $15. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Sure it does. You are a person that owns a hardware store in your small town. You have plenty of workers and even have people asking you if you're hiring. You pay your workers ten bucks an hour on average. Why should you be forced to pay more because of government? By paying ten bucks an hour, you are able to complete and keep your prices reasonable.

The guy next to your hardware store owns a sewer cleaning business. He can't get workers like you can at ten bucks an hour. He must pay more because it's harder and dirtier work. He has to pay thirteen dollars an hour.

So now government comes along and makes minimum wage fifteen dollars an hour. The sewer guy has to now pay workers eighteen dollars an hour, otherwise for fifteen dollars an hour, his workers might as well work for your hardware store.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:

The difference is between encouraging an economy where market forces lead to rising wages and better standards of living for Americans,

rather than using government force to make employers pay more when the economy does NOT call for it, and won't support it.

I know right? This thread went up the same day.

Having it both ways: Priceless.

The two increases were done by different policies, and low and behold they are having different effects.

You can't see past the surface action to see the differences in cause MATTER.

I think some people suffer from crodiggity disease...

The difference is between encouraging an economy where market forces lead to rising wages and better standards of living for Americans,

rather than using government force to make employers pay more when the economy does NOT call for it, and won't support it.

I understand the difference. Either way I don't see doom. But the right has claimed $15 would doom jobs.

I understand the difference. Either way I don't see doom. But the right has claimed $15 would doom jobs.

Interesting that you felt a need to misrepresent that.

The Right has claimed that mandatory 15$ would doom jobs.

THe Right started this thread to celebrate 15$ an hour, though market forces.

Yes, pretty funny.

Yes, pretty funny.

How is it funny?

Are you saying that HOW you get to a point, can't effect the results?

Yes, pretty funny.

How is it funny?

All the reasons given for why $15 will doom jobs would be in effect regardless of how you get there.

Yes, pretty funny.

How is it funny?

All the reasons given for why $15 will doom jobs would be in effect regardless of how you get there.

HOw do you know that?

Happy content workers make for better workers. Miserable slaves are not nearly as productive. A good owner or management should understand that. If you treat employees well, it will be reflected in their performance. You pay a worker $7-8 an hr, you get a $7-8 an hr worker. It is what it is.

Forum List

Back