How to be Politically Correct in 8 easy steps!

Who here has been personally impacted by. PC in this country? I'd like to examine the cases that have really made your life miserable.

Who's got an example?

The Washington Redskins.

Rush Limbaugh lost his gig as a sportscaster because of PC crap.

Jimmy the Greek ruined his career by offending the PC police.

I could go on and on.

Hey Mac.....please name the USMB members who are PC based on that list. Then prove it. Nobody here meets the criteria on that list.

Perhaps not, but plenty of leftwing assholes like you will attack anyone who doesn't follow your PC rules.

Like what rules, retard? What rule of mine have I ever attacked you for breaking? What kind of attack? Calling you a moron, a dipshit, a loser? Is that attacking you?

Let's have some examples, cocksucker.

My, my! The hostility is incandescent.

Did you like that. I wanted to see if you were going to continue calling me PC after a post like that. How about it? Want to retract your retarded comment?

Hey Mac.....please name the USMB members who are PC based on that list. Then prove it. Nobody here meets the criteria on that list.
He said there are those who deny its existence. I think that Clayton guy keeps saying it doesn't exist. What's your take?

Read on..I just gave it to you.
I just gave you an example of someone who said it does not exist, which is what the OP suggested. WTF is wrong with you?

Perhaps not, but plenty of leftwing assholes like you will attack anyone who doesn't follow your PC rules.

Like what rules, retard? What rule of mine have I ever attacked you for breaking? What kind of attack? Calling you a moron, a dipshit, a loser? Is that attacking you?

Did you like that. I wanted to see if you were going to continue calling me PC after a post like that. How about it? Want to retract your retarded comment?

I thought it was hilarious.

Who here has been personally impacted by. PC in this country? I'd like to examine the cases that have really made your life miserable.

Who's got an example?

The Washington Redskins.

Rush Limbaugh lost his gig as a sportscaster because of PC crap.

Jimmy the Greek ruined his career by offending the PC police.

I could go on and on.

I said personally impacted. Meaning you....personally. Please try again.

I have to admit I'm tempted to take my little stalker friend off of ignore to witness this meltdown/flogging, but I know better.

If you did, you would have to see the rest of my comments....and then you'd realize that I'm not melting down. I'm just toying with your retarded pal.

I thought it was hilarious.

Good. What's the problem then. You still haven't correctly identified a PC person here at the USMB. You are 0-1.

Once again, idiot....not stalking you. Just responding to threads. If you weren't here posting.....I'd never give you a moment of thought.

I acknowledge the existence of political,correctness. I just don't think it is a big deal. There is no weight of law behind it. Some people wish to express themselves when they are offended. It doesn't stop you from offending them....unless you decide that it isn't worth it to you. Some people think that others should be treated with kindness and consideration....and they will let you know. That's all.

The idea that political correctness is an indication of moral decay or decline in this nation is pretty silly.

It would further the discussion, however, to identify the people here who are PC. Who wants to do that?

Here you go Mac. Just for you. Maybe if you took your earmuffs off....you'd be able to know what was going on here.

I have to admit I'm tempted to take my little stalker friend off of ignore to witness this meltdown/flogging, but I know better.

If you did, you would have to see the rest of my comments....and then you'd realize that I'm not melting down. I'm just toying with your retarded pal.
No. It's a meltdown. Crude, and typical of bottom-feeders.

That's ridiculous. You just missed the point. See the post above where I discuss my thoughts on. PC. Tell me that is a meltdown.

So we're not going to get any other lefties here to thank me for my informative thread?

We're all in the same boat now, we all know that PC exists and what it means?

All you have done is given a list of things that people do out of consideration for others and called it PC. Nobody is stopping you from calling a person with low IQ a retard. You can do that any time you want.

You can also fart in a crowded elevator.

That's ridiculous. You just missed the point. See the post above where I discuss my thoughts on. PC. Tell me that is a meltdown.
Look, we all have strong opinions. That's why we're here. If you can't check yourself from degenerating into crudeness, don't whine and start rear-guarding your ass when you're called on it.

Grow up and stop being an asshole.

Look, we all have strong opinions. That's why we're here. If you can't check yourself from degenerating into crudeness, don't whine and start rear-guarding your ass when you're called on it.

You still don't get it. I was purposefully being crude and using terms that are considered politically incorrect.......to make a point to Bri.

Now...don't tell me that you were offended? Maybe you need to ask Mac how to shake off the PC that binds you?

You'll never see me meltdown here. I'm here for fun. You should try that approach.

Here ya go!

1. Be careful when addressing groups or talking about others. Use language that would not make any person feel excluded, diminished, or devalued.

2. Avoid language that addresses only one demographic group unless it is intended for that group only, such as using "men" when you mean "all people". Accurate descriptions are the essence of 'political correctness'.

3. Avoid titles that are exclusionary, such as "Chairman" (use "Chairperson"); "Fireman" (use Firefighter); and "Stewardess" (use "Flight Attendant"). The use of titles that exclude persons of a different gender or other social groups is usually acceptable when addressing an individual, as in a business setting, where Mr. Smith is the CEO, and you are introducing him as "Mr. Smith, our Chairman of the Board".

4. Avoid expressions that are derogatory with regard to physical or mental abilities, such as "handicapped" or "retarded". Instead, use first person language, such as "person with a disability" or "person with Down's Syndrome". People have disabilities, they are not defined by them. In many cases, simply addressing the person who has mental, physical, or other challenges in the same terms as you would address anyone else is the ideal solution.

5. Avoid overly-cautious racial descriptions that can be offensive. For example, say "African American" only when talking about Americans who are the descendants of African Slaves. Other Africans know what country they're originally from. Example: A person from Egypt is Egyptian American. In the case that you are unsure of a person's citizenship, "black" and "white" are acceptable terms.

6. Avoid the use of religious terms when speaking to a group that may include people who belong to different religions (ex., saying "God Bless" at a local event). The exception here is in the context of describing either academically or referentially specific characteristics of such a group, as in "Evangelical Christians hold certain beliefs...", or "Jewish people commonly recognize Yom Kippur...".

7. Be sensitive to the inferences people may read in to the words you choose. Many common expressions have roots in a less inclusive social climate, and only time and education can completely eliminate them (ex., if you are asking if a girl is taken, asking "Do you have a boyfriend?" would be politically incorrect, as it makes them exclusively heterosexual. Instead ask, "Are you seeing/dating anyone?"). By the same token, each cultural group has equal protection from offensive generalizations and slurs, not just a certain ethnic group or gender.

8. Respect every individual's right to choose the language and words that best describe their race, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, or physical ability. Don't get defensive if someone rejects language which dis-empowers, marginalizes, confines, or diminishes them. The ability to name is a daunting power; individuals should play a role in selecting words to describe themselves.

It isn't just the left doing it either. Conservatives are sitting back out of "political correctness" [stupid "strategy"...their version] and risking the brand on their entire outfit doing it too..

Just some points about the numbers.

1. Except when that person expresses an honest opinion that challenges the herd's blind politically-correct think. Then it's perfectly permissable not just to beat them up with slurs and insults, but to get as many of your PC-correct friends to join you in the witch hunt. After all, heretics must be burned at the stake.

2. Unless you're talking about purple penguins.

3. Doctors be sure to refer to men's genitals as "woman clitoris" or "man ovaries". With women, tell them their periods are "red girl ejaculations". Babies come from "people cavaties".

4. Unless those people suffer from mental disabilities that make them unable to tell what gender they are by looking between their legs. Then you refer to them as "super enlightened beings" with "extra federal protection to their 'rights'". You can also refer to them as dictators.

5. ...but never use the word homosexual. It's too graphic and gets people thinking about the mechanics of what's actually going on. And then they start talking about it...which is to be avoided at least until after the Supreme Court has opened the door on homosexual adoption lawsuits..

6. Don't forget the phrase "homosexuals hold certain beliefs". In Genesis of the New World Order Lavender Bible for example, one of those beliefs is "God made homosexuals. They were in no way inducted in those behaviors by an older pervert". Chapter 3, verses 9-11.

7. Yes, less inclusive social climates should be stamped out with effort and time. Like the one who labels anyone who defects as "Anne Heche" and makes her name synonymous with "traitor/heretic". And the one that holds all manner of "crossover" therapies for straights they're enticing to "come out gay"...but who forbids as a matter of law, any child who wants to get therapy to leave the homosexual cult because they were molested as kids...or who just want to turn over a new leaf. Then you'll have your license revoked. Yes, very narrow cult-like social climates, like that which profess liberal thinking but who act like jackbooted thugs, should be stamped out with time and effort.

8. I wanted to be a bird when I was young. And I almost made it, if I'd only not been stopped when I was trying to fly off my parents' roof with my cardboard wings. [I'd performed species-change operation on myself to complete my birth-identity with scotch tape, an old packing box and scissors...just use what's handy]. I want to be referred to from now on as a "feathered-American". Anyone who is insensitive enough to me to not do so is looking at a lawsuit or at least getting their car bird-dropping bombed. It's my right!

You still don't get it. I was purposefully being crude and using terms that are considered politically incorrect.......to make a point to Bri.

Now...don't tell me that you were offended? Maybe you need to ask Mac how to shake off the PC that binds you?

You'll never see me meltdown here. I'm here for fun. You should try that approach.
There are ways of making points without becoming a sleaze. Besides, the terms you used have little to do with political correctness.

You keep coming off as an asshole. That too has nothing to do with PC.

Forum List

Back