How To Start Real Change

It's your call. Listen to me and people will pay attention. Don't, and they won't. I don't really give a shit about you, either way.
Why did you, and continue to, ignore the 400 years of whites mistreating blacks?

Why?

Let me ask you a question ...

What difference would it make? If we sat around and lingered on all the bad things that have been done by every ethnic group to another ...

As I've told IM2, I've had multiple friends victimized by black criminals (including robbery, rape, and physical assault). Should I hold a grudge? What good is that going to do me? What good does that do for anyone?

Just started reading Michael Eric Dyson’s newest book, and it already speaks directly to something I have been thinking for a long time: That white people need to listen to black people. Here’s an excerpt talking about a meeting with some prominent black folks (Horne, Belafonte, Baldwin) and Bobby Kennedy.

“In fact, the brutal battering he suffered at the hands of the Baldwin crew offers an important lesson to white people about how to start real change. And that involves sometimes sitting silently, and finally, as black folks have been forced to do, listening, and listening, and listening, and listening some more.”

"America is the greatest country in the history of the world, join me to change that" - Barack Obama, 2008

Just started reading Michael Eric Dyson’s newest book, and it already speaks directly to something I have been thinking for a long time: That white people need to listen to black people. Here’s an excerpt talking about a meeting with some prominent black folks (Horne, Belafonte, Baldwin) and Bobby Kennedy.

“In fact, the brutal battering he suffered at the hands of the Baldwin crew offers an important lesson to white people about how to start real change. And that involves sometimes sitting silently, and finally, as black folks have been forced to do, listening, and listening, and listening, and listening some more.”
When you say "white people need to listen to black people" to me that's naive because that assumes that white people are ignorant about racism.

How can people who screw you over be unaware about the fact that they're screwing you over ?

That dumb act white people put on is an act

• They can tell you what weather was like a 100 thousand years ago.
  • They can tell you how exactly how deep every ocean is.
  • They can tell you how hot the sun is.
And you think the people who can do all that fancy smart sh*t are all of sudden clueless about racism ? And need educating by black people ?

They know.

Seeing black people fked up is white supremacist like Taz, Mudda, SobieskiSavedEurope, harmonica, Claudette, Rambunctious, kaz, get off on. This is what many black people don't get. But u think "Well if tell them how much this racism affects black people, they'll change"

NO !!!

The reason many whites get angry at black people is because many of them think

WHY CAN'T BLACK PEOPLE JUST DIE !!!!!!!!!!

How is it possible that we are still here?

They never expected us to last this long and grow stronger despite all the drugs, war, molestation, slavery, guns, police brutality, AIDS, glass ceilings, minstrel shows/ media destruction/ music destruction, prison systems, killings of our boys and girls, poison water/ food supply, Katrina, Haiti etc…etc…etc.

They are baffled at our resilience and cannot come to terms with it. If they were placed in our situation, any of them, they would have died off centuries ago! This is what they fear most but will NEVER dare admit.

Please understand that white racism stems from fear of genetic annihilation and envy of our hue. Racism is about white genetic survival.

So the thought that they can change this behaviour is a high level expectation.

Your paranoia is showing, my friend.
Am I lying ?

No. You're just wrong.

Changing cities social service funding formulas to allow non white community organizations equal access to local tax money is a generational change that did not need a member if the US congress to endorse. We just had a black president. It gets no more top than that. The population of this country does not allow enough national representation by people of color to get things done without whites listening at any level.

So, I state there needs to be a change, and you say I'm wrong because I propose something that will allow enough black national representation.

Go figure.

You really did not propose anything, you stated an opinion. What you think will not do what you think it will. That's what I'm trying to say. There are states where blacks live in small numbers where they may never get a black representative in congress, In order for anything to change for them they are going to have to work with whites to get them to listen in order to get the changes they want. Why do whites like you always think that what you suggest is the ultimate answer for blacks?

I couldn't give a shit whether you think it's an opinion or whether I proposed it. Fucking hell, how pedantic can you get?

Apparently less than you.

Why is it, every time I talk to you, it descents into complete nonsense very quickly.

I'm thinking the ignore button might suit you better.

It descends into nonsense because you think you can tell me about black people and that what you say is the correct answer when it's not. I am black, I think I know the answers to problems blacks face better than you do.

So, I state there needs to be a change, and you say I'm wrong because I propose something that will allow enough black national representation.

Go figure.

You really did not propose anything, you stated an opinion. What you think will not do what you think it will. That's what I'm trying to say. There are states where blacks live in small numbers where they may never get a black representative in congress, In order for anything to change for them they are going to have to work with whites to get them to listen in order to get the changes they want. Why do whites like you always think that what you suggest is the ultimate answer for blacks?

I couldn't give a shit whether you think it's an opinion or whether I proposed it. Fucking hell, how pedantic can you get?

Why is it, every time I talk to you, it descents into complete nonsense very quickly.

It descends into nonsense because you think you can tell me about black people and that what you say is the correct answer when it's not. I am black, I think I know the answers to problems blacks face better than you do.
Now take that sentiment and apply it to your thoughts about white people.

Oh boy ... the pro-black, anti-white crowd thinks they know better than white people do how we think and feel about the world, yet assume anything about blacks and they will immediately snap to "you're not black and you don't know".

Of course, they aren't smart enough to understand the hypocrisy inherent in their words. It's a shame.

"America is the greatest country in the history of the world, join me to change that" - Barack Obama, 2008

Obama Quote Rumors
By Brooks Jackson

Posted on August 6, 2008

Q: Did Obama urge supporters to help him change “the greatest nation in the history of the world”?

A: No. Obama never said what’s being attributed to him in a number of chain e-mail messages. The line was meant as a joke about John McCain, Hillary Clinton and politicians in general.

Obama Quote Rumors - FactCheck.org

I don't care if whites shoot whites or blacks shoot blacks
Right. So we agree. You don't care whether black people kill black people.

You see there are two types of advice that people give.

• Advice you give to try and help someone with their problems.
    • Advice you give to help yourself feel better about not knowing how to help them with their problems.
The difference is all in the context.

If you tell someone to brush and floss their teeth every day, that's good advice, but if you're talking to someone who just lost their teeth, because they were in a car accident, within that context, your advice is terrible, and that's how your advice works.

Handing out advice that's valid in the abstract, but useless in context. So you saying that most black people get killed by other black people is correct. But in context to solving the problems of police killing black people in the USA it's useless.

If I was to tell you that more black people were being killed by the police 100 years ago.

You'd probably agree with that.

But you'd be wrong because more black people were killed by the Police in the USA 2015 than in 1896
70% of all murders occur in very small very distinct urban areas and these murders are predominantly young minorities killing other young minorities.
Women are minorities. Transgender people are minorities. Lesbians are minorities.

Just bring it and stop being scared.

Who are you talking about when you say "minorities"
And you do nothing about it but you bitch and moan about cops and white people.
No one on USmessageboard ever calls me a liar.

I speak the truth.

I've never even responded to one of your posts. And I have certainly never called you a liar

You delete parts of the quote tree and answer a response i gave to someone else as if I was addressing you that seem a bit disingenuous to me.

And I'm not giving anyone any advice I am pointing out the fact that Blacks don't really care about other Blacks getting murdered by Blacks.

Look at the slaughter in the inner cities where the death toll of young Black men accounts for a disproportionate percentage of all murders

These murders are for the most part committed by other Blacks

Black people are their own worst enemies it seems.

I don't care if whites shoot whites or blacks shoot blacks
Right. So we agree. You don't care whether black people kill black people.

You see there are two types of advice that people give.

• Advice you give to try and help someone with their problems.
    • Advice you give to help yourself feel better about not knowing how to help them with their problems.
The difference is all in the context.

If you tell someone to brush and floss their teeth every day, that's good advice, but if you're talking to someone who just lost their teeth, because they were in a car accident, within that context, your advice is terrible, and that's how your advice works.

Handing out advice that's valid in the abstract, but useless in context. So you saying that most black people get killed by other black people is correct. But in context to solving the problems of police killing black people in the USA it's useless.

If I was to tell you that more black people were being killed by the police 100 years ago.

You'd probably agree with that.

But you'd be wrong because more black people were killed by the Police in the USA 2015 than in 1896
70% of all murders occur in very small very distinct urban areas and these murders are predominantly young minorities killing other young minorities.
Women are minorities. Transgender people are minorities. Lesbians are minorities.

Just bring it and stop being scared.

Who are you talking about when you say "minorities"
And you do nothing about it but you bitch and moan about cops and white people.
No one on USmessageboard ever calls me a liar.

I speak the truth.

I've never even responded to one of your posts. And I have certainly never called you a liar

You delete parts of the quote tree and answer a response i gave to someone else as if I was addressing you that seem a bit disingenuous to me.

And I'm not giving anyone any advice I am pointing out the fact that Blacks don't really care about other Blacks getting murdered by Blacks.

Look at the slaughter in the inner cities where the death toll of young Black men accounts for a disproportionate percentage of all murders

These murders are for the most part committed by other Blacks

Black people are their own worst enemies it seems.

That's just a racist lie told by whites to keep black people down. Don't you know?

I really don't think you can tell me about the changes I have or haven't seen. I said these are improvements but change means things are not the same. We elected he first back president in 2008 and proceeded to disrespect him in ways no other president in history was ever disrespected. Whites got mad because a black man was president ramping up their racism then blamed Obama for their behavior That's not change. Whites are still running around believing the same shit they believed in the 1700's. Change means that does not exist.
But, but, but JoeMoma really WANTS there to be change!!! Dontchaknow?
And there certainly has been real positive change. Those that deny that there has not been change are simply not credible. That is not to say that there is no need for more change. There will always be room for improvement because the human condition is not perfect.

I say there has been improvements but not the great changes you claim and I am credible, more so than you.
1. Can someone else own you? in the 1700's black people could be owned as slaves. Now slavery is illegal. Real Change!
2. For hundreds of years, black men were often lynched for trying to have a relationship with a white woman. Today interracial marriages are common and accepted by society. Real Change
3. Blacks at one time were not allowed to play in white sports leagues. Today many of the best athletes in professional sport are black people who are adored by people of all races. Also, these black athletes become some of the wealthiest people in the world. Real Change!
4. No more Jim Crow laws. Gone are the days when Blacks were required to use different rest rooms than Whites or give up a bus seat for a White. Real Change!

5. Attitudes have changed significantly. In the 1700's it was common for many whites to openly treat Blacks as animals because that was the consensus of the white run society. Today if a white person gets branded as a racist, that white person becomes an outcast of mainstream society. Real Change!

Someone could easily write a book about the change that has occurred since the 1700's (Start time picked by IM2, not me). And it would be a very thick book.

Maybe I'm wrong and IM2 is right and those items that I listed are not real change; they are simply minor improvements and Blacks in America are just as oppressed as when a slave owner could beat a black slave with a whip for any reason the white slave owner saw fit.

Lets get down to the brass tacks. Whites today believe that blacks are dumber, inferior more prone to violence and crime, lazy , don't want to work, want to be given everything, don't want to be educated, refuse to take responsibility, and are irresponsible sexually just to name a few. All these things whites have believed since the1700's. Change, real change means attitudes change. A racist is the president of these United States, that's no outcast. So where are the fucking changes son?
You are painting Whites with a very broad brush, only seeing the worse of the worse. Also, I gave you a list of just a few of the changes, which you cannot refute.

When it comes to Trump, I do not believe he is a racist. I believe he is a pompous ass, but that is different than being a racist. Many on the left are trying to brand him as a racist because they wish to defeat him. They want to make him an outcast. One negative change that has occurred is that the term "racist" has become weaponized and overused. The story of the boy that called "wolf" could easily be updated to the boy that called "racist"!

Last edited:

The reason many whites get angry at black people is because many of them think

WHY CAN'T BLACK PEOPLE JUST DIE !!!!!!!!!!....

Has anyone ever said this to you?
No white person has said to me "That he wants black people to die"

But the likes of Taz, Mudda, SobieskiSavedEurope, harmonica, Claudette, @Rambunctious,kaz, abu afak, squeeze berry talk real tough about black people on the net.

But would they have the courage to walk up to a black man and start saying what they say about black people on here to a black man's face ?

Happen. Not. Gonna.

They'd only do that if they had an advantage. (Police, Manager, Or in a gang etc) yeah they might be brave then.

Even in my own life, when a white person has been funny with me at work. I'd follow him home at night. I'd corner him. It would be just me and him. I'd simply put it on him "You have problem with me ? Well let's sort it. Right now"

They sh*t themselves.

And that's where all "O. No. Dude. I was joking. It wasn't me. I'm not like that"

They wimp out.

See when whites have this silly mentality of whites being special and white people being superior. They are afraid the black man's potency. Because when you look at a black man you are looking at a real man. See when you feel inferior you have to push the impression that your superior

And that's why white supremacists create all the weapons, all the bombs, all artillery, all the planes, and the drones and all the arms, the media, it's always has to be OVER THE TOP show of bravado, OVER THE TOP show of strength
Not to worry, if I met you on the street and you got in my face, I'd whoop your ass.

Another internet Marciano. :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Look who's talking, 'Prime Time.'

It just doesn't work that way junior. I spent 20 years of my life being educated by white standards in majority white schools which means you learn about whites while doing so. I have worked with whites, had white teammates in sports and have had many discussions with whites you probably have not had with blacks. I've lived for 57 years in cities that are mostly white. We as blacks do not live isolated from whites to the extent whites can from us and yet as they do, whites want to give us advice on what the problems are in the black community and what we need to do to fix things.

This is what I think it means....So no I wont stop using it.

cog·ni·tive dis·so·nance
noun
PSYCHOLOGY
noun: cognitive dissonance
  1. the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

It is part of a theory brought forth by Festinger and carried on by Aronson. Ultimately, it is a discomfort that produces internal justification in order to relieve pressure. I used to write papers on Aronson in college. The wiki definition doesn't even come close to doing it justice.

And you haven't even demonstrated how or why I would be experiencing such a thing.
If you were able to self analyze you would understand how you are experiencing such a thing. Remember you are the one that claimed I used the one drop rule when I clearly never mentioned it. See what I mean?

A variation of, then. Effectively the same outcome. There are three camps out there; the people who think 1+1 = 3, such as in your scenario, the smart people who acknowledge that race is just a function of genetics and you can be both black and white at the same time, and the people who believe mixed people get to choose what race they are.
No its not a variation of the one drop rule either. Do you know what the one drop rule was? It doesnt sound like it. Yes race is a function of genetics. None of that has anything to do with the fact that more Black people will wipe out a white population like whites fear and dread.
I dont fear or dread it. The world continues to evolve and if that is meant to be, ok then. Why would it be a bad thing?
It wouldnt be a bad thing but most whites feel it is.

It just doesn't work that way junior. I spent 20 years of my life being educated by white standards in majority white schools which means you learn about whites while doing so. I have worked with whites, had white teammates in sports and have had many discussions with whites you probably have not had with blacks. I've lived for 57 years in cities that are mostly white. We as blacks do not live isolated from whites to the extent whites can from us and yet as they do, whites want to give us advice on what the problems are in the black community and what we need to do to fix things.

You know where there aren't many white people? Most of the rest of the world. You should try it out. Who knows ... maybe Ghana is the perfect home for you!

....... I have worked with whites, had white teammates in sports and have had many discussions with whites you probably have not had with blacks. ......

So....you have had those discussions with 'whites,' but those 'whites' haven't had those discussions with 'blacks?' Were you talking to imaginary 'whites?' Were they ghosts? You have deep and special knowledge of 'whites' but 'blacks' remain mysteries to 'whites' that 'whites' can never understand and had just better STFU about 'blacks?'

Last edited:
I've seen large improvements over my lifetime. Lots of real change has already taken place. Almost no one will take you seriously if you continue to deny the change that has taken place. Just a few years before I was born, blacks were not allowed to use the same restrooms as whites. In 2008 we elected our first black president. If that's not real change, I don't know what is. Things are far from perfect, but there has most certainly been real change.

I really don't think you can tell me about the changes I have or haven't seen. I said these are improvements but change means things are not the same. We elected he first back president in 2008 and proceeded to disrespect him in ways no other president in history was ever disrespected. Whites got mad because a black man was president ramping up their racism then blamed Obama for their behavior That's not change. Whites are still running around believing the same shit they believed in the 1700's. Change means that does not exist.
And there certainly has been real positive change. Those that deny that there has not been change are simply not credible. That is not to say that there is no need for more change. There will always be room for improvement because the human condition is not perfect.
There has been change but mostly those changes are to disguise the new handcuffs whites in power have fashioned for the Black population.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I've seen large improvements over my lifetime. Lots of real change has already taken place. Almost no one will take you seriously if you continue to deny the change that has taken place. Just a few years before I was born, blacks were not allowed to use the same restrooms as whites. In 2008 we elected our first black president. If that's not real change, I don't know what is. Things are far from perfect, but there has most certainly been real change.

I say there has been improvements but not the great changes you claim and I am credible, more so than you.
1. Can someone else own you? in the 1700's black people could be owned as slaves. Now slavery is illegal. Real Change!
2. For hundreds of years, black men were often lynched for trying to have a relationship with a white woman. Today interracial marriages are common and accepted by society. Real Change
3. Blacks at one time were not allowed to play in white sports leagues. Today many of the best athletes in professional sport are black people who are adored by people of all races. Also, these black athletes become some of the wealthiest people in the world. Real Change!
4. No more Jim Crow laws. Gone are the days when Blacks were required to use different rest rooms than Whites or give up a bus seat for a White. Real Change!
5. Attitudes have changed significantly. In the 1700's it was common for many whites to openly treat Blacks as animals because that was the consensus of the white run society. Today if a white person gets branded as a racist, that white person becomes an outcast of mainstream society. Real Change!

Someone could easily write a book about the change that has occurred since the 1700's (Start time picked by IM2, not me). And it would be a very thick book.

Maybe I'm wrong and IM2 is right and those items that I listed are not real change; they are simply minor improvements and Blacks in America are just as oppressed as when a slave owner could beat a black slave with a whip for any reason the white slave owner saw fit.
Slavery isnt illegal. Thats why there is a pipeline fashioned to send Blacks to prison.
Having a relationship with a white woman isnt change. That was going on since Blacks were brought from Africa
Really? So we are allowed to entertain whites and you think that is "real" change? Those same whites get pissed when those athletes speak their mind or kneel.
Yes youre wrong and IM2 is right. Basically I can refer to a quote by Malcolm X

5TTHWOe.jpg

Lets get down to the brass tacks. Whites today believe that blacks are dumber, inferior more prone to violence and crime, lazy , don't want to work, want to be given everything, don't want to be educated, refuse to take responsibility, and are irresponsible sexually just to name a few. All these things whites have believed since the1700's. Change, real change means attitudes change. A racist is the president of these United States, that's no outcast. So where are the fucking changes son?
You are painting Whites with a very broad brush, only seeing the worse of the worse. Also, I gave you a list of just a few of the changes, which you cannot refute.

When it comes to Trump, I do not believe he is a racist. I believe he is a pompous ass, but that is different than being a racist. Many on the left are trying to brand him as a racist because they wish to defeat him. They want to make him an outcast. One negative change that has occurred is that the term "racist" has become weaponized and overused. The story of the boy that called "wolf" could easily be updated to the boy that called "racist"!

I'm not painting a damn thing. I'm not looking for the worst of anything. I am stating truth. If the attitudes of the people haven't changed where is the change? You want talk about your list but it is you who can't refute anything. I said there have been improvements but no real changes, you list improvements and claim they are changes. What you believe doesn't mean much when it come to the issue of racism. Trump is a racist. He has a record of it. And the word racist has not been overused, weaponized or anything else. Racism by whites has simply not stopped and people of color are less inclined to tolerate it as they did in the past.. The only people crying wolf are those whites like you who say that the word racist is overused. And the thing is you only say that when it's used on whites. Because we backs are racists with no doubt in your minds for simply stating that white racism still exists. Not that we think we are superior but just for saying whites are still racists. Whites today believe the same shit they did in the1700's. I see it posted here EVERY day. .

Slavery isnt illegal. Thats why there is a pipeline fashioned to send Blacks to prison.
Having a relationship with a white woman isnt change. That was going on since Blacks were brought from Africa
Really? So we are allowed to entertain whites and you think that is "real" change? Those same whites get pissed when those athletes speak their mind or kneel.

5TTHWOe.jpg
Malcolm X the racist made a false analogy.

5TTHWOe.jpg
Malcolm X the racist made a false analogy.
Says who?

Forum List

Back