How To Start Real Change

Really? Lets just start with the police and the justice system.

Pretty sure most are in favor of prison reform, including whites. Blame that one on the inability and inaction of congress.
Ya, we should reform the system to keep criminals in prison longer.

How about, no. How about you stop talking.
Thats just one of many of your white brothers that dont have a race problem and fear of genetic annihilation.

Am I expected to apologize for every idiot under the sun? Come on...
I didnt ask for an apology. I was just pointing him out as proof of my position. The only way things will change is if you eradicate gorillas like him from your midst.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
What policies and laws exist now that has created problems?

Pretty sure most are in favor of prison reform, including whites. Blame that one on the inability and inaction of congress.
Doubtful. The country (vast majority white people) just voted for another racist that uses fear of crime to win. Its the same method that produced the so called war on drugs that decimated the Black and Mexican communities.

There are groups fighting for prison reform. Even republicans. It's not a black and white issue.
There are more whites voting to keep the prisons as is and hoping it gets worse...for Blacks

We don't get to vote directly on one issue.

91 Percent of Americans Support Criminal Justice Reform, ACLU Polling Finds

Taking a risk and assuming the ACLU uses good stats here, and hasn't fluffed them to make their point....

I didn't say it should be excluded. I said IF ____ THEN it should, and will, be excluded from consideration. I don't know that much about it except that I'm sure I've read NOI leaders saying flagrantly anti-white and pro-segregationist things in the past. If that has changed, so be it.
There is nothing wrong with being pro segregation as long as its not forced segregation. Yes the NOI says anti white things because whites as a group are the enemies. Now why would you think Black people would feel such a thing was true if whites were so trustworthy?

So ... why would white people take a group seriously that hates them by default? Makes no damn sense. It's like black people wanting to be friendly with the modern-day KKK.

But after 400 years of whites doing unfriendly things to us, you expect us to take whites seriously. That's arrogance.

Do you want real change, or not (thread title)? Do you want blacks and whites to get along better, or do you just want white people to vanish in a puff of smoke? Because the latter isn't likely to happen. Especially not in your lifetime.

That's the question you need to ask yourself. Because this isn't about me wanting whites to disappear. This is about you and other whites taking the responsibility to erase racism from your community. That's how we will all get along better. You seem to think whites don't need to change but everybody else does. No, whites need to change because whites have been the problem.

It's not that simple man. Racists don't just come out to other white people and start spouting off racist rhetoric. It doesn't work that way.

The vast majority of racist people I know are old. Like 60 + years old. I'm not going to be able to get those tigers to change their stripes.

Doubtful. The country (vast majority white people) just voted for another racist that uses fear of crime to win. Its the same method that produced the so called war on drugs that decimated the Black and Mexican communities.

There are groups fighting for prison reform. Even republicans. It's not a black and white issue.
There are more whites voting to keep the prisons as is and hoping it gets worse...for Blacks

We don't get to vote directly on one issue.

91 Percent of Americans Support Criminal Justice Reform, ACLU Polling Finds

Taking a risk and assuming the ACLU uses good stats here, and hasn't fluffed them to make their point....
But you do get to vote for leaders that are either for mass incarceration and unfair sentencing or not.

There is nothing wrong with being pro segregation as long as its not forced segregation. Yes the NOI says anti white things because whites as a group are the enemies. Now why would you think Black people would feel such a thing was true if whites were so trustworthy?

So ... why would white people take a group seriously that hates them by default? Makes no damn sense. It's like black people wanting to be friendly with the modern-day KKK.

But after 400 years of whites doing unfriendly things to us, you expect us to take whites seriously. That's arrogance.

Do you want real change, or not (thread title)? Do you want blacks and whites to get along better, or do you just want white people to vanish in a puff of smoke? Because the latter isn't likely to happen. Especially not in your lifetime.

That's the question you need to ask yourself. Because this isn't about me wanting whites to disappear. This is about you and other whites taking the responsibility to erase racism from your community. That's how we will all get along better. You seem to think whites don't need to change but everybody else does. No, whites need to change because whites have been the problem.

It's not that simple man. Racists don't just come out to other white people and start spouting off racist rhetoric. It doesn't work that way.

The vast majority of racist people I know are old. Like 60 + years old. I'm not going to be able to get those tigers to change their stripes.
I have a daughter that would disagree with your first sentence. White people spout off racist stuff to her all the time not knowing her background.

Just started reading Michael Eric Dyson’s newest book, and it already speaks directly to something I have been thinking for a long time: That white people need to listen to black people. Here’s an excerpt talking about a meeting with some prominent black folks (Horne, Belafonte, Baldwin) and Bobby Kennedy.

“In fact, the brutal battering he suffered at the hands of the Baldwin crew offers an important lesson to white people about how to start real change. And that involves sometimes sitting silently, and finally, as black folks have been forced to do, listening, and listening, and listening, and listening some more.”
no one makes blacks listen.

good lord, if listening fixed anything it would have worked years ago.

time to grow the fuck up and take responsibility for your lives and stop blaming whitey every time you don't try to succeed.

It's time whitey grew up and looked at the laws and policies whitey made that created the problems.
What policies and laws exist now that has created problems?

I don't think they have solutions. They just like to complain.

Wrong. We're trying to tell you what the solution is. It's for whites to develop community education programs nation wide to end their racism.

I have a daughter that would disagree with your first sentence. White people spout off racist stuff to her all the time not knowing her background.

It's not something I ever hear normally, from people my age. Once in a while you'll hear an old person say something racist ... but you just roll your eyes because you know you're not going to get them to change their mind anyway.

I don't hang out with hillbillies or low-lives so I don't know how they deal with each other.

It's not something I ever hear normally, from people my age. Once in a while you'll hear an old person say something racist ... but you just roll your eyes because you know you're not going to get them to change their mind anyway.

I don't hang out with hillbillies or low-lives so I don't know how they deal with each other.

Therein lies your specific problem. You think its sufficient to simply roll your eyes. This is why I know whites are not willing to do what it takes to end their collective racism. If they were truly commited to ending racism this response would not be sufficient.

I didn't say it should be excluded. I said IF ____ THEN it should, and will, be excluded from consideration. I don't know that much about it except that I'm sure I've read NOI leaders saying flagrantly anti-white and pro-segregationist things in the past. If that has changed, so be it.

That isnt what you want. I am not a raciist, yet you call me one. I am very community involved and help anyone i can. I do not associate in any way with people who dislike or mistreat others without provocation.

There in lies your specific problem. You think its sufficient to simply roll your eyes. This is why I know whites are not willing to do what it takes to end their collective racism. If they were truly commited to ending racism this response would not be sufficient.

It's one of those things where they came from a different time period. My grandparents are in their eighties. You really think my talking back to them when they say something uncool is going to change 80+ years of their way of thinking? Even if by some miracle it did, what difference would it make? They're powerless middle-class white people who are going to die within the next ten years anyway.

It is that simple. There are racists in your community of every age. Whites you hang out with every day are racists just as you are.

Lol watch it! I am 62 and the most racist people I have encountered are under 50

It is that simple. There are racists in your community of every age. Whites you hang out with every day are racists just as you are.

Stop calling me a racist. I'm not one and the fact that you call me one proves you either don't know what a racist is or see all white people as racist, which makes you extremely paranoid and an unreliable person to talk to.

There in lies your specific problem. You think its sufficient to simply roll your eyes. This is why I know whites are not willing to do what it takes to end their collective racism. If they were truly commited to ending racism this response would not be sufficient.

It's one of those things where they came from a different time period. My grandparents are in their eighties. You really think my talking back to them when they say something uncool is going to change 80+ years of their way of thinking? Even if by some miracle it did, what difference would it make? They're powerless middle-class white people who are going to die within the next ten years anyway.
Youre simply making an excuse and allowing them to influence others unchallenged. Saying something to them may or may not work but it does send a message that racism is not tolerated. Youre not going to change anyone. That has to come from within. However, if you were truly committed you would let them know its not acceptable to you.

Youre simply making an excuse and allowing them to influence others unchallenged. Saying something to them may or may not work but it does send a message that racism is not tolerated. Youre not going to change anyone. That has to come from within. However, if you were truly committed you would let them know its not acceptable to you.

They have a great-granddaughter who is half black, who they love and treat very kindly. So it has been an issue in the past, when they talk negatively about blacks with her nearby. They have been spoken to about how it's not fair to her.

I have politely disagreed with them on the issue, but they always go back to their old tricks. They aren't even malevolent about it; it's simply the way the world is to them. Grass is green. The sky is blue. Blacks and Mexicans are lesser beings. It's not as simple as just arguing with them and getting them to see the light. The best we can do is for the current generations, not the one that is on the way out.

They have a great-granddaughter who is half black, who they love and treat very kindly. So it has been an issue in the past, when they talk negatively about blacks with her nearby. They have been spoken to about how it's not fair to her.

I have politely disagreed with them on the issue, but they always go back to their old tricks. They aren't even malevolent about it; it's simply the way the world is to them. Grass is green. The sky is blue. Blacks and Mexicans are lesser beings. It's not as simple as just arguing with them and getting them to see the light. The best we can do is for the current generations, not the one that is on the way out.

"They have a great-granddaughter who is half black, who they love and treat very kindly."

Do you honestly believe they love her if they think blacks are lesser beings? I mean come dude.

"They have a great-granddaughter who is half black, who they love and treat very kindly."

Do you honestly believe they love her if they think blacks are lesser beings? I mean come dude.

I think that changes when it's someone you know and is related to you, rather than just some strangers.

I think that changes when it's someone you know and is related to you, rather than just some strangers.
If it changes then why are they still believing Blacks and Mexicans are lesser beings?

The problem with your solution is that not all Black people want to have a child with a white person. Interbreeding cant be a solution. Takes too long and by then the goal posts will have moved in defining race.

Stop making excuses!

Millennials are just as racist as their parents

White millennials are just as racist as their grandparents

https://www.theroot.com/stop-portraying-white-millennials-as-less-racist-than-t-1793539084

Millennials Are More Racist Than They Think

The hidden racism of young white Americans

In the Age of Trump White Millennials Shatter Idea That Young People Are Progressive

Who the hell do you think you're talking to? Start doing the work needed to end white racism. Its isn't going to end when old white people die because old white people are not the only racists.

If it changes then why are they still believing Blacks and Mexicans are lesser beings?

The problem with your solution is that not all Black people want to have a child with a white person. Interbreeding cant be a solution. Takes too long and by then the goal posts will have moved in defining race.

I don't know why they think that way, man. I'm not them. I don't know how you can both believe those things and at the same time treat your mixed great granddaughter so well. I haven't asked. It's just one of those things people don't talk about.

In terms of a solution, it is time. A truly equal society probably won't be possible until long after I'm dead, and I'm 28.

Forum List

Back