How to Understand Obama's Unemployment Figures

Your assertion is not proof positive, and coming from you, never can be, because you lie often.

Give us the facts in full and the process, and account for other possibilities.

If you that, your OP has a chance. Right now it is fail.

But, but, that would require actual knowledge and work! How could that possibly be better than just asserting things? You're talking crazy.
Come on you wasted time posting to jokey, but I made the comment to you.
Defend your position.

OH yes and here is ed When are you going to produce those numbers of baby boomers who retired in 2011?
Again, I posted the 2011 numbers with links for YOU many times in many threads and every time you pretended the numbers were not posted because there was no 2012 data. If you remember, I posted the 2010 totals and the 2011 totals and all you have to do is subtract the 2010 totals from the 2011 totals to get the number of retirees and disabled for 2011. But apparently that simple arithmetic was too hard for you. :eek:

http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v71n1/ssb-v71n1.pdf
Table 2 page 78 shows in Dec 2010 there were 34,592,000 Retired workers and 8,205,000 Disabled workers.

Monthly Statistical Snapshot, December 2011
Table 1 beneficiaries 2011
Table 2 shows in Dec 2011 there were 35,599,000 Retired workers and 8,576,000 Disabled workers.

Do the math and you see that more than 1.37 million workers left the workforce in 2011 due to retirement and disability alone, not counting people who died, went back to school, stopped working to take care of a sick or injured family member, left the country, etc. Are you happy now???

Again you post obama's numbers and that does not compute in an election year.
2012 is the election year, not 2010 and 2011!!
Those are the Social Security Administration's annual reports. It is up to YOU to produce numbers that prove them wrong.

Again, I posted the 2011 numbers with links for YOU many times in many threads and every time you pretended the numbers were not posted because there was no 2012 data. If you remember, I posted the 2010 totals and the 2011 totals and all you have to do is subtract the 2010 totals from the 2011 totals to get the number of retirees and disabled for 2011. But apparently that simple arithmetic was too hard for you. :eek:

http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v71n1/ssb-v71n1.pdf
Table 2 page 78 shows in Dec 2010 there were 34,592,000 Retired workers and 8,205,000 Disabled workers.

Monthly Statistical Snapshot, December 2011
Table 1 beneficiaries 2011
Table 2 shows in Dec 2011 there were 35,599,000 Retired workers and 8,576,000 Disabled workers.

Do the math and you see that more than 1.37 million workers left the workforce in 2011 due to retirement and disability alone, not counting people who died, went back to school, stopped working to take care of a sick or injured family member, left the country, etc. Are you happy now???

Those are the Social Security Administration's annual reports. It is up to YOU to produce numbers that prove them wrong.
obama has been the boss of those departments since 2009 we had a mid term election in 2010 the people saw through those numbers just like most will see through them now.

So how many retired and how many have had to make changes in their retirement plans?

obama has been the boss of those departments since 2009 we had a mid term election in 2010 the people saw through those numbers just like most will see through them now.

So how many retired and how many have had to make changes in their retirement plans?
People see through YOUR bullshit!
Post YOUR numbers and sources.

What numbers have I used? You are the one using obama's numbers.
I have asked you how many baby boomers retired when they said they were going to retire.

I have asked you how many baby boomers retired when they said they were going to retire.
That's the whole point, you have no numbers to contradict the SSA's numbers, so you are full of shit, as usual.

And the numbers I gave are how many Boomers ACTUALLY retired in 2011, not when they say they were going to retire which is typically meaningless.

That's the whole point, you have no numbers to contradict the SSA's numbers, so you are full of shit, as usual.

And the numbers I gave are how many Boomers ACTUALLY retired in 2011, not when they say they were going to retire which is typically meaningless.

You gave obama's numbers still waiting on something other than obama's numbers.

Your assertion is not proof positive, and coming from you, never can be, because you lie often.

Give us the facts in full and the process, and account for other possibilities.

If you that, your OP has a chance. Right now it is fail.

But, but, that would require actual knowledge and work! How could that possibly be better than just asserting things? You're talking crazy.
Defend your position.

I did.
  1. Obama is the "boss" but that does not mean he has complete control/knowledge of everything everyone does under him.
  2. There is no time to change anything even if we assume that Obama would give such an order.
Oh, there's more, but two is enough for now.
Your claim seems to be that as "boss," Obama can have the numbers changed to whatever he wants. So, easy....explain when in the process Obama knows what the numbers are and how BLS can manage to change them in the time frame allowed.

Surely you know all that or you wouldn't have made the claim. If someone is lying, you should be able to show what the lie is. If you can't, then you have no basis to call something a lie.

You're a dumbass they aren't obamas numbers their the actual numbers

Defend your position.

I did.
  1. Obama is the "boss" but that does not mean he has complete control/knowledge of everything everyone does under him.
  2. There is no time to change anything even if we assume that Obama would give such an order.
Oh, there's more, but two is enough for now.
Your claim seems to be that as "boss," Obama can have the numbers changed to whatever he wants. So, easy....explain when in the process Obama knows what the numbers are and how BLS can manage to change them in the time frame allowed.

Surely you know all that or you wouldn't have made the claim. If someone is lying, you should be able to show what the lie is. If you can't, then you have no basis to call something a lie.

Obama is the "boss" but that does not mean he has complete control/knowledge of everything everyone does under him.

obama does his own thing the Constitution nor Congress stops him. Do you actually think he doesn't have control over those numbers? If you think he doesn't I have a bridge for sale real cheap.

Your claim seems to be that as "boss," Obama can have the numbers changed to whatever he wants.

And you some how think obama's appointee's wouldn't fudge on the numbers to help him? It's called protecting their jobs.

So, easy....explain when in the process Obama knows what the numbers are and how BLS can manage to change them in the time frame allowed.

What is there to explain? The rapid drop in numbers close to an election controlled by people who were appointed by obama? Do the math.

You're a dumbass they aren't obamas numbers their the actual numbers

Those numbers are his, because those departments the numbers come from are run by his appointee's, Have a nice day.

obama does his own thing the Constitution nor Congress stops him. Do you actually think he doesn't have control over those numbers? If you think he doesn't I have a bridge for sale real cheap.
I know he doesn't. You claim he does....fine....prove it. You keep dodging instead. Explain when in the process he has access to the data and how he can control it. You think he even understands the methodology????

And you some how think obama's appointee's wouldn't fudge on the numbers to help him? It's called protecting their jobs.
There are no Obama appointees who have access. BLS is functionally independent of DOL. SecLabor has no input or acccess. The last BLS political appointee was appointed by BUSH. And currently there are no political appointees in BLS.

And you can't have it both ways...is Obama directly influencing the numbers or is it your hypothetical political appointee?

And again.....HOW????? Give details on the process. Really, are you stupid enough to think changing the data is simple?
So, easy....explain when in the process Obama knows what the numbers are and how BLS can manage to change them in the time frame allowed.

What is there to explain? The rapid drop in numbers close to an election controlled by people who were appointed by obama? Do the math.
That's not a "how."

Again, explain the entire process from collection to publication and tell me what opportunity and ability the President has to change things. Why do you keep dodging?

Last edited:
I know he doesn't. You claim he does....fine....prove it. You keep dodging instead. Explain when in the process he has access to the data and how he can control it. You think he even understands the methodology????

There are no Obama appointees who have access. BLS is functionally independent of DOL. SecLabor has no input or acccess. The last BLS political appointee was appointed by BUSH. And currently there are no political appointees in BLS.

And you can't have it both ways...is Obama directly influencing the numbers or is it your hypothetical political appointee?

And again.....HOW????? Give details on the process. Really, are you stupid enough to think changing the data is simple?

That's not a "how."

Again, explain the entire process from collection to publication and tell me what opportunity and ability the President has to change things. Why do keep dodging?[/QUOTE]

I know he doesn't. You claim he does....fine....prove it.
USE OF MILITARY FORCE Libya over the 60 day limit.

There are no Obama appointees who have access.

Who needs access? When you are the director and the Secretary of labor who can direct your department heads to make sure the numbers fit into what you want them to fit into.

Again, explain the entire process from collection to publication and tell me what opportunity and ability the President has to change things. Why do keep dodging?

You can't get around the fact that obama's appointee's can control those numbers why bother explaining it? Once you accept it I might explain.

There are no Obama appointees who have access.

Who needs access?
Anyone who wants to know what the numbers are in order to change them to what they want to be.
When you are the director and the Secretary of labor who can direct your department heads to make sure the numbers fit into what you want them to fit into.
If you knew the actual process you would know that that's not true. It's not a matter of saying "I don't like X, I like Y," and boom! it's changed.

Again, explain the entire process from collection to publication and tell me what opportunity and ability the President has to change things. Why do keep dodging?

You can't get around the fact that obama's appointee's can control those numbers why bother explaining it? Once you accept it I might explain.
I know the entire process. And I know they can't control them. You do NOT know the process, so you're just bluffing.

I love what you're doing though:
You: "Accept my conclusion!"
Me: "Your conclusion doesn't make sense. Explain how you arrived at that conclusion."
You: "Not until you accept my conclusion."

Classic "how not to make a rational argument."

Forum List

Back