How to Understand Obama's Unemployment Figures

He can't. bigreb is a far right wack throwing out assertions than demanding your refute them, then melts when you laugh at him.

and exactly what is it you are doing you fucking left wing nut sucking bitch?

Not my silly OP. You can't give alternative numbers, you can't impeach the government numbers, then you fail.

The CBO stated these numbers are not to be trusted and 1.6% should be added for a real picture. Damn government punking government.

More quibbling nonsense about the unemployments numbers?

When will you people ever learn?

Does it truly matter if the number is U1 9.1% or 9.0 %?

Not really, the difference between those two numbers is much less than the stated plus or minus associated with the statistical method.

What really matters is that the the rate of unemployment is truly terrible, something that nobody denies.

What matters is that obama's labor department showed the numbers dropped when they really didn't. It matters when obama's appointed people are helping obama use these to help him win the election.

Who? Who are the people you are referring to specifically?

Hate to break it to you rightwing nuts, but normal Americans are never going to believe some conspiratorial nonsense you people cook up about the UE numbers.

They will go by what they actually see happening to themselves, their families, their neighbors, their community, their region, their state, and then the country...

...in that order of diminishing importance.

Hate to break it to you rightwing nuts, but normal Americans are never going to believe some conspiratorial nonsense you people cook up about the UE numbers.

They will go by what is happening to themselves, their families, their neighbors, their community, their region, their state, and then the country...

...in that order of diminishing importance.

Tell us exactly the conspiracy around the CBO?

and exactly what is it you are doing you fucking left wing nut sucking bitch?

Not my silly OP. You can't give alternative numbers, you can't impeach the government numbers, then you fail.

The CBO stated these numbers are not to be trusted and 1.6% should be added for a real picture. Damn government punking government.

And how many jobs did the CBO say were created or saved by the stimulus?

More quibbling nonsense about the unemployments numbers?

When will you people ever learn?

Does it truly matter if the number is U1 9.1% or 9.0 %?

Not really, the difference between those two numbers is much less than the stated plus or minus associated with the statistical method.

What really matters is that the the rate of unemployment is truly terrible, something that nobody denies.

What matters is that obama's labor department showed the numbers dropped when they really didn't. It matters when obama's appointed people are helping obama use these to help him win the election.

Who? Who are the people you are referring to specifically?

I'll play> so whom are you referring to whom?

Great point...Are you sure you want to go there. It was your side praising a 20 million give or take.

Now you have a problem?

The CBO used information given to them by congress, man do you feel stupid now?

It's obvious that many of you have never even read the BLS employment statistics reports.

They give 6 different measures of unemployment, all described in detail.

They aren't hiding anything.

No they didn't.

I want to know who the Obama appointees at the BLS are who are cooking the books.

That was your accusation.

It's obvious that many of you have never even read the BLS employment statistics reports.

OH you mean that information obama's appointed people produces?

Great point...Are you sure you want to go there. It was your side praising a 20 million give or take.

Now you have a problem?

Nobody said the stimulus created 20 million jobs.

I want your link to the CBO claims you made.

No they didn't.

I want to know who the Obama appointees at the BLS are who are cooking the books.

Yes they did. They had to come back and change the numbers after the CBO found out congress gave then faulty numbers, and left out information.

No they didn't.

Yes they did. They had to come back and change the numbers after the CBO found out congress gave then faulty numbers, and left out information.

That's a cute story. You're an idiot.

OH you mean that information obama's appointed people produces?

Name those people. Or STFU.

Who's in charge of the department of labor, and the census bureau? Shouldn't the people in charge know what the people are doing in their charge and what information they are producing and where they get the information?

Someone finally figured it out!

COSTELLO: I want to talk about the unemployment rate in America.

ABBOTT: Good Subject. Terrible Times. It's 9%.

COSTELLO: That many people are out of work?

ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.

COSTELLO: You just said 9%.

ABBOTT: 9% Unemployed.

COSTELLO: Right 9% out of work.

ABBOTT: No, that's 16%.

COSTELLO: Okay, so it's 16% unemployed.

ABBOTT: No, that's 9%...

COSTELLO: WAIT A MINUTE. Is it 9% or 16%?

ABBOTT: 9% are unemployed. 16% are out of work.

COSTELLO: IF you are out of work you are unemployed.

ABBOTT: No, you can't count the "Out of Work" as the unemployed. You have to look for work to be unemployed.

COSTELLO: BUT THEY ARE OUT OF WORK!!!

ABBOTT: No, you miss my point.

COSTELLO: What point?

ABBOTT: Someone who doesn't look for work, can't be counted with those who look for work. It wouldn't be fair.

COSTELLO: To who?

ABBOTT: The unemployed.

COSTELLO: But they are ALL out of work.

ABBOTT: No, the unemployed are actively looking for work... Those who are out of work stopped looking. They gave up. And, if you give up, you are no longer in the ranks of the unemployed.

COSTELLO: So if you're off the unemployment roles, that would count as less unemployment?

ABBOTT: Unemployment would go down. Absolutely!

COSTELLO: The unemployment just goes down because you don't look for work?

ABBOTT: Absolutely it goes down. That's how you get to 9%. Otherwise, it would be 16%. You don't want to read about 16% unemployment do ya?

COSTELLO: That would be frightening.

ABBOTT: Absolutely.

COSTELLO: Wait, I got a question for you. That means they're two ways to bring down the unemployment number?

ABBOTT: Two ways is correct.

COSTELLO: Unemployment can go down if someone gets a job?

ABBOTT: Correct.

COSTELLO: And unemployment can also go down if you stop looking for a job?

ABBOTT: Bingo.

COSTELLO: So there are two ways to bring unemployment down, and the easier of the two is to just
stop looking for work.

ABBOTT: Now you're thinking like an economist.

COSTELLO: I don't even know what I just said!

And now you know why Obama's unemployment figures are improving!:lol:
I don't recollect the Bush or any other Republican Administration ever using Abbott and Costello to draw attention to "not looking for work" in their unemployment figures.

In fact, aren't they all equally guilty, or is "bigrebnc1775" just attempting to hold the Obama Administration to a higher standard than its Republican counterparts?

If "bigrebnc1775" wishes to contradict my observation all he/she has to do is provide a credible source! If such a source actually exists, it shouldn't be that difficult for a self-described "Constitutional Watchdog" to locate it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back