How to win a war (or not)

There is no uniformed force to fight. They're extremists in small cells that are hard to track. We squish them and more pop up. Do you want us to just carpet bomb the entire country and kill everybody?

We could target anyone in a black mask, but we run the risk of killing innocent ninjas. :dunno:
Target anyone facing east with their ass in the air and 3 rounds of .50 will do.

The Allied strategy of WW2 consisted of killing everyone including civilians and destroying everything including priceless monuments in order to force the maniac leaders to surrender. Bill Clinton did the same thing in Yugoslavia but we have been in Afghanistan for the better part of two decades and it seems that members of the U.S. Military have to get permission from politicians to fire a freaking shot. They even court martialled a combat Marine for the crime of pissing on a dead body. A book and a movie (Lone Survivor) seemed to celebrate a failed Seal mission and the media treats Military Veterans like victims with mental illnesses instead of heroes. Obviously we never intended to defeat the enemy in Afghanistan and still don't.

"The Allied strategy of WW2 consisted of killing everyone including civilians and destroying everything including priceless monuments in order to force the maniac leaders to surrender."

I don't remember my father, who was in the european theatre, even mentioning "killing everyone" and "destroying everything"

I think your conservative leaders are lying to you....

You have GOT to stop reading politicalchics lies......
Your father was obviously an honorable man and I don't mean to impune his legacy. The strategy was to bomb and kill and destroy and incinerate people, cows and chickens until the criminal regime surrendered. Strangely enough Bill Clinton had the right idea in Yugoslavia but the wrong conflict.

Some of those defenseless civilians made the bombs and goods to kill other defenseless civilians and their military.
War is hell.

There is no uniformed force to fight. They're extremists in small cells that are hard to track. We squish them and more pop up. Do you want us to just carpet bomb the entire country and kill everybody?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thats the way to fight a WAR Confounding .

How many people need to die for the crimes of the people that orchestrated 9/11? If we kill a million innocents are we not worse than those that killed 3,000?
-------------------------------------i guess that i think similar to the Greatest Generation that WON ww2 . I am not worried about being Better or Worse . I thought that the goal was to win the WAR Confounding .

A bunch of drunken loons who hate FDR now run Pity Parties for Japanese butchers, Islamic terrorists, and Nazi regimes, while pretending to be 'libertarians' and 'patriots'. They think Ann Coulter is a real woman, too.

lol @ the idiotic deranged 'LBJ' cognitive dissonance; his tactics defeated the Viet Cong, but he somehow 'lost the war'. That's because in Looney Land everything FDR and Democrats touched was 'bad', and the whining isolationist traitors hiding out on their private estates behind private armies and sniveling like little bitches and crying for the Army to shoot down women and children in the streets were all 'heroes'.

Schools should not be allowed to teach such topics as: our founding fathers, government or history. Maybe they should avoid other subjects also? History teachers are biased look at those that named FDR as best president. The Age of Enlightenment should be a taboo subject in schools.

Funny to read the messages of Americans.
America is an island of idiots who have never fought with an equal opponent in strength ...
Close your mouth, goats.

If you message is correct , WHY would the USA ever want to fight an EQUAL 'Venal' ??

Schools should not be allowed to teach such topics as: our founding fathers, government or history. Maybe they should avoid other subjects also? History teachers are biased look at those that named FDR as best president. The Age of Enlightenment should be a taboo subject in schools.

Most I've seen put him at 2/3 with Lincoln and Washington usually ahead of him. It's where he ranked in most scholar surveys, ranked #3 among conservative scholars in a poll years ago. Ranked 4th in public polling of Americans a few years back (behind Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson)

I mean sure if you are a Nazi or axis sympathizer he'd fall way down your list I guess, they hated him. So of the 20th century presidents #1 would make sense unless you want to try and rewrite history

Funny to read the messages of Americans.
America is an island of idiots who have never fought with an equal opponent in strength ...
Close your mouth, goats.
America fought Britain for its independence, and Britain was probably the major power of that time.

'BRITS' , [wankers really , same as now ] were the MAJOR POWER of the time with all kindsa Ships , supplies , men , Cannon and USA or we Americans kicked yer Azzez Venal .

'BRITS' , [wankers really , same as now ] were the MAJOR POWER of the time with all kindsa Ships , supplies , men , Cannon and USA or we Americans kicked yer Azzez Venal .

Also America was around 20th as a world military power before Pearl harbor, something like 50th in military aircraft production. Granted we ramped that up real quick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thats the way to fight a WAR Confounding .

How many people need to die for the crimes of the people that orchestrated 9/11? If we kill a million innocents are we not worse than those that killed 3,000?
-------------------------------------i guess that i think similar to the Greatest Generation that WON ww2 . I am not worried about being Better or Worse . I thought that the goal was to win the WAR Confounding .

A bunch of drunken loons who hate FDR now run Pity Parties for Japanese butchers, Islamic terrorists, and Nazi regimes, while pretending to be 'libertarians' and 'patriots'. They think Ann Coulter is a real woman, too.
FDR's favorite General (dugout Doug) MacArthur pretty much saved Japanese butchers from execution while hanging Nazis became a cottage industry in Nuremburg. It's anybody's guess how little Ann Coulter got into the argument.

FDR's favorite General (dugout Doug) MacArthur pretty much saved Japanese butchers from execution while hanging Nazis became a cottage industry in Nuremburg. It's anybody's guess how little Ann Coulter got into the argument.

It seems we remember it that way, but I think that's because the entire western world was more focused on Germany and the horrors of the death camps stood out more.

Nuremburg was covered much more since US, Britian, USSR, and France were all trying Nazis. Only US was trying Japanese of that group, though China and Australia helped. Tojo, Matsui and Kimura all got the death penalty. Nearly 1000 others got executed for war crimes that MacArthur confirmed and enforced. And over 5000 Japanese found guilty of war crimes.

Nuremburg got the media but executed less than 200 and found around 500 guilty.

What stands out was MacArthur in order to establish peach protected Hirohito after reducing him publicly. But he was responsible for a LOT more war crime executions and imprisonments than the Nuremburg trials.

Also America was around 20th as a world military power before Pearl harbor, something like 50th in military aircraft production. Granted we ramped that up real quick.

We had surpassed both England and Germany in industrial production, raw materials, and food much earlier than 1938; they all knew we were going to be the deciding factor before 1938.

The Axis and Japan, as well as the Soviets, copied a lot of American military designs, so they knew we could soon swamp them in production and we already had designs that were effective and easily improved on. We weren't as worried about Japan as we were Europe, our biggest markets; we knew from Standard Oil's Asian executives that Japan only had a three year supply of oil products, and little capacity and trained techs to exploit any fields they seized in Asia, and we knew about how much metal they had, and how over-extended they were in China, so the focus was on Europe. Halsey just developed a tactic of island hopping that ended the Pacific War a few years earlier than expected. An American sub sank a ship that had over 80% of its experts and techs in oil refining and drilling by dumb luck, as well. Yes, they were arrogant and stupid enough to put than many on one ship and send it through a war zone.

We put the lie to the myth about fighting wars on multiple fronts; we fought on three at once, and kept the largest front, the Soviet front, in the war with that '20th place' military power.

Still sounding like a gossipy little girl jealous of her big sister's boyfriends there, flailing to generate some sort of silly hate fest based on rubbish.. An Coulter's revisionist history lessons for right wing loons is where you gimps are getting your 'talking points' from. I'm not surprised you don't even know where your propaganda comes from.

It seems we remember it that way, but I think that's because the entire western world was more focused on Germany and the horrors of the death camps stood out more.

Nuremburg was covered much more since US, Britian, USSR, and France were all trying Nazis. Only US was trying Japanese of that group, though China and Australia helped. Tojo, Matsui and Kimura all got the death penalty. Nearly 1000 others got executed for war crimes that MacArthur confirmed and enforced. And over 5000 Japanese found guilty of war crimes.

What stands out was MacArthur in order to establish peach protected Hirohito after reducing him publicly. But he was responsible for a LOT more war crime executions and imprisonments than the Nuremburg trials.

Many of the Nazis committed suicide, got killed by the Russians or Hitler himself, or escaped.

Many of the Nazis committed suicide, got killed by the Russians or Hitler himself, or escaped.

Agreed. In Japan, Seppuku was rampant as the war was coming to a close, which I'm sure greatly reduced Japanese war crime trials.

no
I guess we should just let the terrorists murder Americans ....?

Forum List

Back