Zone1 How we repair it: White Americans’ attitudes toward reparations

It's not a cash grab. The fact you say that is why you get called a racist.

1711856169717.png

They were never born because the Arabs gelded ALL their black slaves killing well over fifty percent of them in the process. Geeze man, read some history for Pete's sake.

Uh, yeah, that only appears in White Fragility history...

They still had the women. They were still having sex with the women they owned. So we should still have a shitload of black people in North Africa, if it was as bad as you say.

Your response doesn't matter. This is a case against the government and we have plenty of proof. So no one cares what you have to say. Now you've said your piece., I hope it makes you feel whiter and you don't have to respond again.

Um, the Government ended slavery... so you really don't have an argument there.

Who do you think pays for the government?

I refuse to pay one penny for things I didn't do to people who didn't experience the wrongs directly.

I really don't think you guys understand the ecvidence that exists. These things hapened after slavery.

Do you know what else happened after slavery. The little house my Grandfather brought when he came here from Germany became worthless after Englewood was overrun.

Where are my reparations for that?

It's not a cash grab. The fact you say that is why you get called a racist.

Try and pick my wallet, I dare you.
Peace

And I am the guy who placed blacks 1st for 50 years. Wait till the real racists find out you think you want their cash.

You are a deplorable racist.
Stand up like a man.
Bitch

Thanks

Really?
Expect the 60s to look tame if any politician tries that shit.
Don't try talking ---- son. I don't think you want to see that. For you will surely die. We will die before we go back or are denied what is rightfuly ours. When you are up against an opponent in a war that doesn't fear death, you cannot win. Reparations have been given to other groups in your lifetime.

1970: Richard Nixon signed into law House Resolution 471 restoring Blue Lake and surrounding area to the Taos Pueblo (New Mexico). The land had been taken by presidential order in 1906. (A History of the Indians in the United States by Angie Debo (Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press, 1984, p. 422); see also "Taos Pueblo celebrates 40th anniversary of Blue Lake's return" by Matthew van Buren, Santa Fe New Mexican, September 18, 2010.)

The payments from 1971-1988 are taken from the booklet Black Reparations Now! 40 Acres, $50 Dollars, and a Mule, + Interest by Dorothy Benton-Lewis; and borrowed from N’COBRA (National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America).

1971: Around $1 billion + 44 million acres of land: Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.

1974: A $10 million out-of-court settlement was reached between the U.S. government and Tuskegee victims, black men who had been unwitting subjects of a study of untreated syphilis, and who did not receive available treatments. (“The Tuskegee Timeline”, CDC, updated March 2, 2020.)

1980: $81 million: Klamaths of Oregon. ("Spending Spree" by Dylan Darling, Herald and News (Klamath Falls, OR), June 21, 2005.)

1980: $105 million: Sioux of South Dakota for seizure of their land. (United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians, 448 U.S. 371 (1980).)

1985: $12.3 million: Seminoles of Florida. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

1985: $31 million: Chippewas of Wisconsin. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

1986: $32 million per 1836 Treaty: Ottawas of Michigan. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

2016: The U.S. government reached a settlement of $492 million with 17 Native American tribes to resolve lawsuits alleging the federal government mismanaged tribal land, resources, and money. (“U.S. Government To Pay $492 Million To 17 American Indian Tribes” by Rebecca Hersher, NPR, September 27, 2016.)

2018: The Supreme Court, in a 4-4 deadlock, let stand a lower court's order to the state of Washington to make billions of dollars worth of repairs to roads, where the state had built culverts below road channels and structures in a way that prevented salmon from swimming through and reaching their spawning grounds, that had damaged the state’s salmon habitats and contributed to population loss. The case involved the Stevens Treaties, a series of agreements in 1854-55, in which tribes in Washington State gave up millions of acres of land in exchange for "the right to take fish." Implicit in the treaties, courts would later rule, was a guarantee that there would be enough fish for the tribes to harvest. Destroying the habitat reduces the population and thus violates these treaties. This decision directly affects the Swinomish Tribe. ("A Victory For A Tribe That’s Lost Its Salmon" by John Eligon, The New York Times, June 12, 2018.)

So the only reason anyone white would oppose reparations for blacks is due to your own personal racist hatred of blacks.

Try and pick my wallet, I dare you.
Peace

And I am the guy who placed blacks 1st for 50 years. Wait till the real racists find out you think you want their cash.

You are a deplorable racist.
Stand up like a man.
Bitch

Thanks
You have picked mine for my entire life white man. So shut up.

Don't try talking ---- son. I don't think you want to see that. For you will surely die. We will die before we go back or are denied what is rightfuly ours. When you are up against an opponent in a war that doesn't fear death, you cannot win. Reparations have been given to other groups in your lifetime.

1970: Richard Nixon signed into law House Resolution 471 restoring Blue Lake and surrounding area to the Taos Pueblo (New Mexico). The land had been taken by presidential order in 1906. (A History of the Indians in the United States by Angie Debo (Norman, OK: University of Oklahoma Press, 1984, p. 422); see also "Taos Pueblo celebrates 40th anniversary of Blue Lake's return" by Matthew van Buren, Santa Fe New Mexican, September 18, 2010.)

The payments from 1971-1988 are taken from the booklet Black Reparations Now! 40 Acres, $50 Dollars, and a Mule, + Interest by Dorothy Benton-Lewis; and borrowed from N’COBRA (National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America).

1971: Around $1 billion + 44 million acres of land: Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.

1974: A $10 million out-of-court settlement was reached between the U.S. government and Tuskegee victims, black men who had been unwitting subjects of a study of untreated syphilis, and who did not receive available treatments. (“The Tuskegee Timeline”, CDC, updated March 2, 2020.)

1980: $81 million: Klamaths of Oregon. ("Spending Spree" by Dylan Darling, Herald and News (Klamath Falls, OR), June 21, 2005.)

1980: $105 million: Sioux of South Dakota for seizure of their land. (United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians, 448 U.S. 371 (1980).)

1985: $12.3 million: Seminoles of Florida. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

1985: $31 million: Chippewas of Wisconsin. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

1986: $32 million per 1836 Treaty: Ottawas of Michigan. (see Racial Justice in America: A Reference Handbook by David B. Mustard, 2002, ABC-CLIO, p. 81.)

2016: The U.S. government reached a settlement of $492 million with 17 Native American tribes to resolve lawsuits alleging the federal government mismanaged tribal land, resources, and money. (“U.S. Government To Pay $492 Million To 17 American Indian Tribes” by Rebecca Hersher, NPR, September 27, 2016.)

2018: The Supreme Court, in a 4-4 deadlock, let stand a lower court's order to the state of Washington to make billions of dollars worth of repairs to roads, where the state had built culverts below road channels and structures in a way that prevented salmon from swimming through and reaching their spawning grounds, that had damaged the state’s salmon habitats and contributed to population loss. The case involved the Stevens Treaties, a series of agreements in 1854-55, in which tribes in Washington State gave up millions of acres of land in exchange for "the right to take fish." Implicit in the treaties, courts would later rule, was a guarantee that there would be enough fish for the tribes to harvest. Destroying the habitat reduces the population and thus violates these treaties. This decision directly affects the Swinomish Tribe. ("A Victory For A Tribe That’s Lost Its Salmon" by John Eligon, The New York Times, June 12, 2018.)

So the only reason anyone white would oppose reparations for blacks is due to your own personal racist hatred of blacks.

You will never, ever get reparations.

Stop wasting your whining and start teaching your people to be better.

The case for reparations will be named Whatever black organization vs. the United States, or vs. the state of, or vs. the county of, or the city of. Not one case will be filed against individual white citizens. So the dumb ignorant argument whites like you always try does not apply.

The case for reparations will be named Whatever black organization vs. the United States, or vs. the state of, or vs. the county of, or the city of. Not one case will be filed against individual white citizens. So the dumb ignorant argument whites like you always try does not apply.

And the end result will be $0 for you.

Whites have received at least 8 handouts and today are asking for more. Therefore you really need to stop with the double standard.
I've never received a handout. I was raised by a single grandparent, on very tight fixed income. What I have, I have built myself. No welfare, no payouts, no handouts, all on me.

I've never received a handout. I was raised by a single grandparent, on very tight fixed income. What I have, I have built myself. No welfare, no payouts, no handouts, all on me.

How do you know? Do you think your grandparent shared the finances with you?

My parents never received a handout, either, after being born to poor Jewish immigrants fleeing antisemitism in Europe.

They became upper-middle class by doing the right things.

My parents never received a handout, either, after being born to poor Jewish immigrants fleeing antisemitism in Europe.

They became upper-middle class by doing the right things.

You mean, "being white"?

I mean, it's awesome that they had that ability going from a place that hated their religion to a country that doesn't care what religion you are.

Now we need to make it a country that doesn't care what race you are, either.

You mean, "being white"?

I mean, it's awesome that they had that ability going from a place that hated their religion to a country that doesn't care what religion you are.

Now we need to make it a country that doesn't care what race you are, either.
I think the vast majority of people aren't racist. I've asked IM2 many times, what can a White person today do, that he can't do today? He refuses to answer the question.

Now, are their individual racists? Sure. That's terrible and tragic. But It's going to be a long road to eliminate the individualized racism that exists from person to person or within a small subsets of our collective population.

I think the vast majority of people aren't racist. I've asked IM2 many times, what can a White person today do, that he can't do today? He refuses to answer the question.

Now, are their individual racists? Sure. That's terrible and tragic. But It's going to be a long road to eliminate the individualized racism that exists from person to person or within a small subsets of our collective population.

I don't believe the majority think they are racist, but they still have racist attitudes.

Again, I cite the study that showed that resumes with black names got 50% less callbacks than resumes with white names, even when education and experience were identical.

Do I think all those HR people were racists? Nope. But they did have a bias that "Greg" was a good worker while "Jamal" wasn't.

Forum List

Back