🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How well did Turkish gun laws stop the airport attack....er...not well?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes...this is a run down of Turkish gun laws...the ones that the anti gunners here would love to have......that failed to stop the terrorists...

Assault Weapons Ban Did Not Stop Terrorist with AK-47 in Istanbul

Turkey, which recently suffered an attack in the Istanbul airport by a terrorist with an AK-47, has a complete prohibition on private ownership of semiautomatic rifles, firearm licensing requirements, and background checks.

In American leftist lingo, an AK-47, a type of semiautomatic rifle, is an “assault weapon.” AK-47s are completely banned from private possession. That, however, did not keep a terrorist from getting one. And that alone highlights the foolishness of House Speaker Paul Ryan’s (R-Wisc.) pursuit of more gun control following the June 12 Orlando terror attack.

In fact, the gun controls in Turkey are so strict that a terrorist in position of an AK-47 only highlights what we should have already learned from Chicago–namely, that gun control empowers wicked people, while making law-abiding citizens vulnerable.

According to The University of Sydney’s GunPolicy.org, Turkey’s gun controls are “restrictive.” In addition to the semiautomatic rifle (“assault weapon”) ban and firearms licensing, Turkey has background checks that are so invasive an applicant undergoes an examination of his “criminal, mental health, domestic violence, medical and addiction records.”

If an applicant passes all aspects but a “likelihood of family violence” is discovered, the license is denied.

Moreover, the licensing requirement to own a firearm is complemented by a licensing requirement to own ammunition–and “authorities” maintain a record of both.

This is what “restrictive” looks like, and one of the three terrorists who struck Istanbul’s airport was carrying an AK-47.

Yep....every single thing the anti gunners in America want here.........it is an OECD country by the way....as is Mexico.....

Last edited:
that Islamic terrorists overcome gun laws is a very strong indication that they are HIGHLY MOTIVATED. I would
not know how to overcome gun laws should I decide to shoot something----or have a momentary burst of anger

that Islamic terrorists overcome gun laws is a very strong indication that they are HIGHLY MOTIVATED. I would
not know how to overcome gun laws should I decide to shoot something----or have a momentary burst of anger

If you know anyone who smokes illegal pot....you have a pipeline to an illegal gun....a kid in Britain last year got a Glock 19 and ammo through the dark web.....he was only stopped from shooting up the university that kicked him out because he started posting about his plans on the internet....

there you go....now you do......

Should you be put on a no fly list now?

If you know anyone who smokes illegal pot....you have a pipeline to an illegal gun....a kid in Britain last year got a Glock 19 and ammo through the dark web.....he was only stopped from shooting up the university that kicked him out because he started posting about his plans on the internet....

I don't know any pot heads. -------a real true story>>>>
I believed Clinton when he said that he did not INHALE----
Long ago----when I was a student and working in a hospital--
the young PSYCH interns (no less) went up on the roof ---
I did too----and they started smoking what they called ACAPULCO GOLD. they rolled their own cigs. -----
I was very young----they offered me one-----well---I did try to smoke a reg cig once-----I INHALED the smoke deeply just like my dad did-------and was choking for a week after that. NEVAH AGAIN!!! I asked "do I have to inhale"?-----they said---if you don't want to inhale---don't do it----it would be a waste----so I didn't.

Keeping arms out of the hands of terrorists: almost impossible.

Good gun laws that are enforced can keep them out of the hands of crazy people and on identified lists.

Keeping arms out of the hands of terrorists: almost impossible.

Good gun laws that are enforced can keep them out of the hands of crazy people and on identified lists.

so true. -------good gun laws do some good-----they do not solve
ALL gun problems

I did too----and they started smoking what they called ACAPULCO GOLD. they rolled their own cigs. -----
I was very young----they offered me one-----well---I did try to smoke a reg cig once-----I INHALED the smoke deeply just like my dad did-------and was choking for a week after that. NEVAH AGAIN!!! I asked "do I have to inhale"?-----they said---if you don't want to inhale---don't do it----it would be a waste----so I didn't.
Only cigarettes smokers inhale. I smoke pipe and cigars and those you don't inhale. The nicotine enters the bloodstream through the thin membrane under the tongue and the smoke is blown out. Cigarette smokers who try to switch to cigars or pipe just end up failing because they can't kick the habit of sucking smoke directly into their lungs.

“Good gun laws” tend to punish the honest law abiding citizen, make gun control advocates feel they are doing something helpful, and have virtually no effect on criminals, crazies or terrorists.

Only cigarettes smokers inhale. I smoke pipe and cigars and those you don't inhale. The nicotine enters the bloodstream through the thin membrane under the tongue and the smoke is blown out. Cigarette smokers who try to switch to cigars or pipe just end up failing because they can't kick the habit of sucking smoke directly into their lungs.

what you say makes sense sorta-----I have no doubt that absorption of the nicotine is MORE ROBUST for inhalers.---
the membrains of the alveoli are thin, abundant and very well perfused-----even better than your mouth mucosal membrains----as to cigar smoking ----from what you say---you can get the same effect or even better by shoving the thing into other body orificia (spelling?) anything mucosa lined. I don't inhale and I do not USE ----an alternate orifice

Yet some gun nuts think no gun laws are necessary,

yes------FREUD would have been fascinated with the NRA buffs
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I believe freud did cigars------he did "cocaine"?? or something like that
He was a big fan of Peruvian marching powder.

Nevah HOID OF IT-----but it seems to me that---that would be
a coca product

Forum List

Back