How would the media react to a Rep President joking he can do what he wants?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
Do you think over all the media would make a bigger fuss over a conservative president(especially a white male conservative president) making a joke similar to President Obama's ""That's the good thing about being president, I can do whatever I want." joke?

President Obama made a joke about his power. People noted it, and that was what.

I can't help but think if a President Romney said the same thing, the media would go on and on about it for weeks and play it up as an example of how out of touch conservatives are.

What do you think? I think there is a clear double-standard on how the majority of the media treats liberals compared to how they treat conservatives and I think this is another clear example of that

Nixon thought and said the same thing and look at what happened to him. :)

"When the President does it, that means it's not illegal." —President Richard Nixon, in a 1977 interview with David Frost

In other words - I'm the President and "I can do whatever I want".

I don't think we will ever find out

Doubt if we will be electing any more Republican Presidents

I think that once again, someone heard the POTUS say "boo" and then preceded to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Another stupid nit-pic of a non-issue.

With today's tabloid journalism masquerading as news it would be ongoing until they saw favorable results in the polls. Then a refresher now and again. They would whip up the ragged masses until there were protests, cars burned, overturned, city streets blocked, occuppied city parks, effigies hung, late night comedy jokes, SNL skits, sloganeering and movies made. Other than that it would be about the same.

Obama was joking?

Considering his actions and speeches, I don't think he was.

He absolutely was joking - republicans continue to be outraged over betting and losing once again, though, on the fact the voter-base does not see through the smoke and mirrors.

Do you think over all the media would make a bigger fuss over a conservative president(especially a white male conservative president) making a joke similar to President Obama's ""That's the good thing about being president, I can do whatever I want." joke?

President Obama made a joke about his power. People noted it, and that was what.

I can't help but think if a President Romney said the same thing, the media would go on and on about it for weeks and play it up as an example of how out of touch conservatives are.

What do you think? I think there is a clear double-standard on how the majority of the media treats liberals compared to how they treat conservatives and I think this is another clear example of that

How would the media react about a Republican president joking about breaking museum rules? not much I would say.

1796479_667551429969158_147758122_n.jpg

Well, of course they'd assert their right to interpret a Conservative POTUS' joke antagonistically and virtually fellate Obama when he does it. They'd call it nuanced journalistic observation and analysis.

Yeah.

Bullshit.

Bottom line, the Liberals who are part of the "ideological terrorist teams" leading the effort to send America to the briny deep should no longer be of concern to us.

And the remainder of the Libs who still have a heart, brain and soul are busy "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic". The whole country is being sunk and shortly the people who would occupy those chairs will be 'dead.' And the whole ship submerged.

Our freedoms have already been successfully infringed. Our resident in Chief is no longer a President. He has committed crimes. Misdemeanors. Overstepped his Constitutional authority. Lied to the people of this country for his own personal, political gain. Used departments of government as his own personal, political intimidation and strongarm force.

We should no longer look to our brethren on the other side of the political divide as being a hazy version of ourselves.

They are not.

They are Judas goats and Sheeple.

Are WE not men?

And not being one who can resist a perfect segue into a song, album, film or the like (sorta like Tony Di Nozzo)...

I now present, for your listening pleasure, DEVO's classic first album, from 1978.

Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think for a second Obama is kidding about his admiration for F rank U nderwood.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeNM_VpYYE4]Kevin Spacey: President Obama 'Wishes' He Could Be As Ruthlessly Efficient As My Character - YouTube[/ame]

Although, to be fair to Obama, I think he has tricks up his sleeve that FU could only imagine.

I think that once again, someone heard the POTUS say "boo" and then preceded to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Another stupid nit-pic of a non-issue.

That's the entire point of the OP. The media would make a HUGE issue of it.

Forum List

Back