How's this for a roundabout!

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
I know roundabouts are fairly rare in the US, this one here in Swindon UK, looks interesting -

Having watched it a couple of times, I can see how the traffic flows well without the annoyance of traffic lights.

Could you drive around it?

I know roundabouts are fairly rare in the US, this one here in Swindon UK, looks interesting -

Having watched it a couple of times, I can see how the traffic flows well without the annoyance of traffic lights.

Could you drive around it?

I hated roundabouts in Europe in every country, I drove in. There is a trend toward using them here, I dislike also. On was put on the main drag through town (Highland Ave, Jackson, TN) to slow down traffic going into downtown. That it does, but is a total pain in the ass. They remind me of Court Square in Huntingdon, TN and other small towns here with a courthouse downtown and multiple streets coming in. Wise driver go by the rule "The oldest car goes first."

They’re a very common occurrence here in Massachusetts and throughout New England. Kelley Square in Worcester, MA probably being the must well known and disliked.

I hated roundabouts in Europe in every country, I drove in. There is a trend toward using them here, I dislike also. On was put on the main drag through town (Highland Ave, Jackson, TN) to slow down traffic going into downtown. That it does, but is a total pain in the ass. They remind me of Court Square in Huntingdon, TN and other small towns here with a courthouse downtown and multiple streets coming in. Wise driver go by the rule "The oldest car goes first."
Well, we have to wait at a red light, you guys can stop, then turn right, here, that would a left. That can speed up traffic. But if you wanted to time traffic, roundabouts totally outpace lights. I negotiate two roundabouts together (like siamese roundabouts) about once a month, but not what's in the video. At first, it looked epic, but kinda make sense.

Because we drive on the left, clockwise, you keep left at a roundabout if turning off at and before the 12 o'clock position, at keep right after if turning off after the 12 o'clock position.

When I drove in France, driving on the right, only one roundabout I got wrong, but that was in a service station with nobody around, so it didn't matter, lol.

Forum List

Back