Huckabee Backs Denying Abortion To 10-Year-Old Raped By Stepfather

GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee supports Paraguay's decision to deny an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim, he revealed in an interview Sunday.

In an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union," the former Arkansas governor argued that the Paraguayan government's refusal to allow an abortion for the now-11-year-old, who gave birth last week after being raped by her stepfather, prevented a second tragedy.

"Let nobody be misled, a 10-year-old girl being raped is horrible, but does it solve a problem by taking the life of an innocent child?" he asked. He added later, "When I think about one horror, I also think about the possibilities that exist and I just don't want to think that somehow we discounted a human life ... Let's not compound the tragedy by taking yet another life."

Paraguay law allows abortion only “in very rare cases when it’s deemed necessary to save a woman’s life,” ThinkProgress noted.

Wow, a 10-year-old raped by her stepfather doesn't even qualify for an abortion in Huckabee's mind. That is barbaric! I can't imagine someone like him as president.

Yes let's condemn Huckabee and give a pass to the man that impregnated the child.
Who the fuck is saying that we should be giving him a pass?!!

It's apparent that more are concerned about what Huckabee says than the fact that a young child was raped. His opinion is just that, and it holds no weight. The hero is the Paraguayan government and the villain is the person that raped the child. Some people choose the dumbest things to be upset about.

What makes the government a hero?

If you all feel a ten year old child giving birth is just fine then why bother to oppose child marriages?

A ten year old child should not be getting pregnant. But why kill an innocent life when it does happen? The government saved a life, therefore they are heroes. Metaphorically speaking of course.
Government compelling a woman to give birth against her will is in no way 'heroic.'

In the United States the government has no authority to compel a woman to give birth against her will, and rightfully so.

GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee supports Paraguay's decision to deny an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim, he revealed in an interview Sunday.

In an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union," the former Arkansas governor argued that the Paraguayan government's refusal to allow an abortion for the now-11-year-old, who gave birth last week after being raped by her stepfather, prevented a second tragedy.

"Let nobody be misled, a 10-year-old girl being raped is horrible, but does it solve a problem by taking the life of an innocent child?" he asked. He added later, "When I think about one horror, I also think about the possibilities that exist and I just don't want to think that somehow we discounted a human life ... Let's not compound the tragedy by taking yet another life."

Paraguay law allows abortion only “in very rare cases when it’s deemed necessary to save a woman’s life,” ThinkProgress noted.

Wow, a 10-year-old raped by her stepfather doesn't even qualify for an abortion in Huckabee's mind. That is barbaric! I can't imagine someone like him as president.

Yes let's condemn Huckabee and give a pass to the man that impregnated the child.

It's apparent that more are concerned about what Huckabee says than the fact that a young child was raped. His opinion is just that, and it holds no weight. The hero is the Paraguayan government and the villain is the person that raped the child. Some people choose the dumbest things to be upset about.
The hero is no one. The villains are many: the monster that raped a 10 yr old, the mother that allowed it, the Paraguay government that is so obtuse in it can't see rape and incest warrants an abortion, Huckabee for spouting his dogma and everyone else that could support this. I like to view both sides but I see no justification here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet if Huckabee had a daughter and she was raped by a vicious monster, was impregnated and begged her parents to get rid of the baby, he would have a change of heart.

It is easy to force one's hypocrisy on others, but when you get put in that situation things change.

Just ask ultra-conservative Dick Cheaney why he supports gay marriage. Hint, because he love his daughter!

^^^ Abortion is still the doing away of another life, no matter why that life is not wanted.

If people do not want pregnancy on their plate, they should learn not to spread certain things until their feelings are different. If they don't want the responsibility that comes with having sex, then don't have any until they want it.

Where is it written that she has to keep the baby? Oh yeah, that's right! No where!

God bless you three always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Giving birth means becoming a mother - regardless of whether you keep the baby or not, you become a mother.

So, I'll ask again, the questions you DID NOT answer: Who has the right to tell a woman she must become a mother against her will? Does that same right include a right to tell her she must have an abortion against her will?

9 months or 19 yrs.........the choice of becoming a mother is up to the woman.

Everyone else can stick their opinions up their respective @$$

The woman has to decide what is best for her, not anyone else.

No child should be born unwanted. No woman should be forced to become a mother, till she is ready to take on that responsibility. Certainly no victim of rape should have to suffer with the burden of carrying the rapist spawn.

Whatever the reasons, it is up to the woman to decide her own future.
It is now but hopefully that will change one day. Those of us that care about the preborn should try to continue to fight for their lives.

You are pro birth. If you were truly pro life, then you would care about their little lives past the delivery room door & not continually vote for people that want to take food out of their mouths, take away their health care, housing & education that is so lovingly called "entitlements" .
Talking point bullshit. You don't know what he/she does with out the government stealing from him/her to in slave the poor

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Complaining about my usage of 'taking points' by using talking points : priceless.

A little bit off topic but has Planned Parenthood ever delivered a baby without killing it?
Moot point.

They don't deliver babies.
Do they kill babies?
I thought they aborted fetus'.
They kill preborn babies. Would it really shock you if they killed some after their birth? They have no feeling and it would not shock me at all.

Someone makes the final decision over that uterus. Not You. Not the Government. Smaller less intrusive Government is what is always desired by the right, except when it comes to the bedroom, marriage, & a woman's body. Then Big Brother is your buddy.
That once the baby is conceived it is no longer just her body for the next 9 months

In case you didn't realize it - she is more than just an incubator with no say so whether she wants to be.

It's a pregnancy that never should have happened in the first place. Punishing a female for a rape, by forcing her to carry a rapist's offspring in her body, for 9 months, eventually feeling it move inside her- going thru the pain of giving birth all against her will is cruel & is torturous. Failed responsible birth control is no different... it's a conception that never should have occurred.
Just because a person is raped does not give them the right to do something wrong as well by doing away with the baby. Just because one person does something wrong doesn't mean that you have to follow their lead. If you saw someone jump off a bridge, would you jump as well?

Do you have children? Grown children? I bet you remember being pregnant. I bet you remember how it felt when they moved inside you. I bet you remember giving birth. Getting that cord cut. No matter how many years later. Now add in how you were forced to remember all that, because you will not be able to forget. A woman will have had her memory & her mind violated just the same as her body. But apparently all that doesn't really matter to you now, does it?
I don't have kids and I've never been pregnant because I have yet to jump off of a certain bench, but if my behind was pride loose from it in any way, I would not make the baby pay as well if one were to soon appear. Someone doing something wrong to me would not give me the right to do something wrong to someone else!

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Thoughts and questions on abortion:

WHY…..Do you people insist on pushing for an end to ALL legal abortion? Logic and common sense should tell you that it will not actually end abortion. I have to really wonder what you really believe in and what your true motives are. Is it to be able to claim moral superiority by saying that you are unequivocally against abortion, while being able to avoid responsibility for damage caused by illegal abortions as well as the suffering that results for having children who are unwanted? Or, is it about the control of women and their bodies? I have to suspect that it is, at least in part the later as evidenced by the degree of indifference and even hostility towards women’s needs including but not limited to birth control. You make no sense to me what so ever!
________________________________________________________________________________
I can understand that you believe in the sanctity of human life and that you believe that life begins at conception. You are certainly entitled to that belief, but others do not believe that it is a human life at conception, and they too are equally entitled to that belief. Here is a though. Don’t religious people also believe in the human soul? A spirit that comes from god and returns the heavens upon death? If so, then there really is no death. Can you look at abortion as a means of delaying the transformation of that soul into the physical body until it can make the transition into the world at a better time and in a better place

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Let’s be clear about something. Ending or overly restricting legal abortion will not end abortion and may not even significantly reduce the number of abortions. Rather, it will force the practice back under ground to be performed by the back ally butchers who will endanger women’s health and even their lives, and escape any restrictions on late term abortions which may well increase in numbers

Please understand this. Most people who are pro-choice are not callously pro-abortion. Regardless of ones beliefs about when life begins, we recognize that abortion is not a pleasant or desirable thing. I for one have no problem with overall policies that are aimed at making abortion rare-although I am adamant that they should still be available.

How do we do that? By supporting meaningful sex education and the availability of contraception for starters. Then, by ensuring that women and families are confident that they will have the help and support that they need if they choose to carry the child to term. That would include nutritional and financial assistance, affordable day care, early child hood education, and health care coverage for starters. How about we throw in tax policies that strengthen the middle class and promote job growth. The problem is that too many pro-life conservatives are against all or most of these things and there for they are really just pro fetus and pro birth.

I believe that most pro-choice people would, in turn agree to a ban on late term abortions that are not medically necessary and ensure that the woman is fully aware of all alternatives including adoption. And speaking of adoption, they need to get over the hysteria about allowing gays and lesbians to adopt. They are a valuable resource for children who might otherwise suffer at the hands of a parent who was not prepared to care for them, or languish in the foster care system.

Is it possible for conservative to get smart about this, or will they insist on clinging to absurd positions of just wanting abortion stopped, even in cases of rape, incest or a danger to the mother’s life.? Are you will to come out right now as being truly pro-life, pro women, pro-family and pro children ? If you cannot or will not, but continue to b staunchly anti abortion, you are displaying the very height of hypocrisy.
Another reason why I am not for abortion is because of the Lord's involvement every time that a baby is created. I believe that he had a hand in that baby's creation and I for one am not about to cheer lead the destroying of something that he himself had a hand in making. How would you like it if something that you made was completely destroyed by another person?

It's a pregnancy that never should have happened in the first place. Punishing a female for a rape, by forcing her to carry a rapist's offspring in her body, for 9 months, eventually feeling it move inside her- going thru the pain of giving birth all against her will is cruel & is torturous. Failed responsible birth control is no different... it's a conception that never should have occurred.
Just because a person is raped does not give them the right to do something wrong as well by doing away with the baby. Just because one person does something wrong doesn't mean that you have to follow their lead. If you saw someone jump off a bridge, would you jump as well?

Do you have children? Grown children? I bet you remember being pregnant. I bet you remember how it felt when they moved inside you. I bet you remember giving birth. Getting that cord cut. No matter how many years later. Now add in how you were forced to remember all that, because you will not be able to forget. A woman will have had her memory & her mind violated just the same as her body. But apparently all that doesn't really matter to you now, does it?
I don't have kids and I've never been pregnant because I have yet to jump off of a certain bench, but if my behind was pride loose from it in any way, I would not make the baby pay as well if one were to soon appear. Someone doing something wrong to me would not give me the right to do something wrong to someone else!

God bless you always!!!

Holly
" Just because" <---- right there says it all. You have no real concern. And saying "God Bless" with every post means nothing when it's just automatic. People say that when someone sneezes.... no real intent behind it. And you can talk the talk of a Christian, but when it comes to walking that walk, you sound so very very selfish. LOL, Try reading a little Matthew 6: 5-6.
If anyone is selfish, it is you people who think that its okay to do away with a baby so that no one has to deal with it in any way as if its nothing but an inconvenience to everyone. If that isn't a sheer and severe act of selfishness, I have zero idea what is!

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

P.S. And one more thing, playtime. I mean the phrase "God bless you always!!!" every time that I say no matter how you look at it. Why do I say it? Because to me people like you for example only make it as clear as crystal glass that it needs to be said.

Not everyone believes the way you do. In this country, you are free to worship anyway you want, or not worship a higher being at all. To legislate based on religion goes against every principle America was built upon. That's why we have the Separation of Church & State. (the Establishment Clause) I suggest you read Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists.

http://www.usconstitution.net/jeffwall.html

If you all feel a ten year old child giving birth is just fine then why bother to oppose child marriages?

A ten year old child should not be getting pregnant. But why kill an innocent life when it does happen? The government saved a life, therefore they are heroes. Metaphorically speaking of course.

While they destroyed another's. That 10 year old little girl will never be the same. But that doesn't matter, because the end result was all that mattered & another child was born into poverty but hey! your concern has now ended.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

WHY…..Do you people insist on pushing for an end to ALL legal abortion? Logic and common sense should tell you that it will not actually end abortion. I have to really wonder what you really believe in and what your true motives are. Is it to be able to claim moral superiority by saying that you are unequivocally against abortion, while being able to avoid responsibility for damage caused by illegal abortions as well as the suffering that results for having children who are unwanted? Or, is it about the control of women and their bodies? I have to suspect that it is, at least in part the later as evidenced by the degree of indifference and even hostility towards women’s needs including but not limited to birth control. You make no sense to me what so ever!
________________________________________________________________________________
I can understand that you believe in the sanctity of human life and that you believe that life begins at conception. You are certainly entitled to that belief, but others do not believe that it is a human life at conception, and they too are equally entitled to that belief. Here is a though. Don’t religious people also believe in the human soul? A spirit that comes from god and returns the heavens upon death? If so, then there really is no death. Can you look at abortion as a means of delaying the transformation of that soul into the physical body until it can make the transition into the world at a better time and in a better place

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Let’s be clear about something. Ending or overly restricting legal abortion will not end abortion and may not even significantly reduce the number of abortions. Rather, it will force the practice back under ground to be performed by the back ally butchers who will endanger women’s health and even their lives, and escape any restrictions on late term abortions which may well increase in numbers

Please understand this. Most people who are pro-choice are not callously pro-abortion. Regardless of ones beliefs about when life begins, we recognize that abortion is not a pleasant or desirable thing. I for one have no problem with overall policies that are aimed at making abortion rare-although I am adamant that they should still be available.

How do we do that? By supporting meaningful sex education and the availability of contraception for starters. Then, by ensuring that women and families are confident that they will have the help and support that they need if they choose to carry the child to term. That would include nutritional and financial assistance, affordable day care, early child hood education, and health care coverage for starters. How about we throw in tax policies that strengthen the middle class and promote job growth. The problem is that too many pro-life conservatives are against all or most of these things and there for they are really just pro fetus and pro birth.

I believe that most pro-choice people would, in turn agree to a ban on late term abortions that are not medically necessary and ensure that the woman is fully aware of all alternatives including adoption. And speaking of adoption, they need to get over the hysteria about allowing gays and lesbians to adopt. They are a valuable resource for children who might otherwise suffer at the hands of a parent who was not prepared to care for them, or languish in the foster care system.

Is it possible for conservative to get smart about this, or will they insist on clinging to absurd positions of just wanting abortion stopped, even in cases of rape, incest or a danger to the mother’s life.? Are you will to come out right now as being truly pro-life, pro women, pro-family and pro children ? If you cannot or will not, but continue to b staunchly anti abortion, you are displaying the very height of hypocrisy.
Another reason why I am not for abortion is because of the Lord's involvement every time that a baby is created. I believe that he had a hand in that baby's creation and I for one am not about to cheer lead the destroying of something that he himself had a hand in making. How would you like it if something that you made was completely destroyed by another person?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
" Just because" <---- right there says it all. You have no real concern. And saying "God Bless" with every post means nothing when it's just automatic. People say that when someone sneezes.... no real intent behind it. And you can talk the talk of a Christian, but when it comes to walking that walk, you sound so very very selfish. LOL, Try reading a little Matthew 6: 5-6.
If anyone is selfish, it is you people who think that its okay to do away with a baby so that no one has to deal with it in any way as if its nothing but an inconvenience to everyone. If that isn't a sheer and severe act of selfishness, I have zero idea what is!

Holly

P.S. And one more thing, playtime. I mean the phrase "God bless you always!!!" every time that I say no matter how you look at it. Why do I say it? Because to me people like you for example only make it as clear as crystal glass that it needs to be said.

Not everyone believes the way you do. In this country, you are free to worship anyway you want, or not worship a higher being at all. To legislate based on religion goes against every principle America was built upon. That's why we have the Separation of Church & State. (the Establishment Clause) I suggest you read Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists.

Oh well. There is still no change in where I stand. To me, abortion is a form of murder and it always will be no matter how long it remains legal.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I bet if Huckabee had a daughter and she was raped by a vicious monster, was impregnated and begged her parents to get rid of the baby, he would have a change of heart.

It is easy to force one's hypocrisy on others, but when you get put in that situation things change.

Just ask ultra-conservative Dick Cheaney why he supports gay marriage. Hint, because he love his daughter!

Or when Nancy Reagan changed her mind about stem cell research after Ronny got Alzheimer's.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly

Oh well. There is still no change in where I stand. To me, abortion is a form of murder and it always will be no matter how long it remains legal.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Oh well, right now it is legal, & will probably remain so.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You're completely incapable of entertaining another point of view, listening to what others are telling you about the folly of your position, and most of all getting past the religious hogwash.

My question is how many females who have abortions done when they get pregnant were actually rape victims? My guess is not many, that the major of those who get abortions either were not ready to be a mom or did not want children at all period. To me, they need to learn the meaning of the word abstinence if they do not have the money to get their tubes tied up either.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Yes there is a chance that every child who is put up for adoption may not ever get parents, but at least they will be alive in order to get a family of their own once they are old enough to get married. Also being alive means that they will have the ability to give something to the world. In my opinion, children who have been done away with could have grown up to be anything.
If only a few women have abortions who had been raped, then why be so against this exception? What is it less than 5%? So why support such an irrelevant amount? I know the bullshit excuse that all life is precious. It's hypocritical when most pro-lifers support the death penalty (as they should), they support our involvement in wars (to which there are many wars worth fighting), they support one's right to self-defense etc, yet all life is precious. I digress.

If the GOP wants support and possibly get through abortion reforms, then they need to stop with the no abortions ever theme! It's a losing battle, as it should be. It doesn't show compassion for the unborn, it shows heartless indifference to a woman caught in one of the worst situations imaginable.

I believe the vast majority of Americans do not support late term abortions, but they also don't support banning abortion for rape or incest victims. They fear, as I do, their mother, sister, daughter, spouse, cousin, friend etc get put in that situation. I also think the majority support abortion for teenagers and when there are birth defects.

This extremist view gets the base all warm and fuzzy, but it loses them the independents. That is why they never want to talk about it yet the Democrats always like to bring it up.

Why should the baby die for a crime it didn't commit?

What crime did the 10 year old girl commit?
They killed the 10 year old girl?

What crime did that 10 year old girl commit?
Just think 10 years ago they could have legally murdered her in this country.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly

Not according the the bible. For the church, the fetus does not have a soul till after the third month and the bible does not place value till after the first month of birth.
Birth control and abortions are permitted in the bible.

Jesus did not teach the NT, but rather he was a jews that followed the OT.

You should have more respect for the girl/woman and not on the fetus that is not yet a separate human being. No child should have to go through what she did. Now she is a child caring for a child? How is that fair or logical, or compassionate?

^^^ Amen to this. Why should any child have to die because of the way that it was conceived? Pregnancies do not last forever anyways and any child that can be saved should be saved.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Why should the 11 yr old be forced to risk death because she was raped by a step father?
Why should the spawn of a rapist have more value to any group than the life of the child that was raped? Infant was not conceived in love.
Now you have two tragic lives that should not have had to suffer.

Moot point.

They don't deliver babies.
Do they kill babies?
They kill preborn babies. Would it really shock you if they killed some after their birth? They have no feeling and it would not shock me at all.

Someone makes the final decision over that uterus. Not You. Not the Government. Smaller less intrusive Government is what is always desired by the right, except when it comes to the bedroom, marriage, & a woman's body. Then Big Brother is your buddy.
That once the baby is conceived it is no longer just her body for the next 9 months

In case you didn't realize it - she is more than just an incubator with no say so whether she wants to be.
No but she sure shouldn't kill her babies because you think women are just walking vaginas to be used and abused.

The answer that all liberals have towards non whites having a baby is to kill it.... democrat party the oldest American hate group

There are circumstances that arise for the life of the mother, and a 10 year old giving birth would be one of those circumstances. Also for older women, the sudden onset, due to a pregnancy of type 1 diabetes, cancer, etc. etc.

Would you deny an abortion to a mother who already had kids at home she needed to raise? Is she on your hit list too? Do you think her husband and family would go along with your extreme view? Do you see how crazy you sound to this nation?

Who gave you the right to invade the private- personal lives of families to make decisions like this? You don't know what their circumstances are.

There's exceptions to everything. We have 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, voluntary manslaugther, involuntary manslaughter, justifiable homicide--but you nutcases don't give exceptions to abortion, in the instance of saving a mother's life, rape or incest? Are you really this ignorant?

Huckabee would have never brought this story up if this little girl had died. This story was only meant to light the candles on his no exception stance. Now the supporters of Huckabee OWN it. Huckabee is responsible for our loss in 2012, and now he has started a war on little girls. You people deserve Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You're completely incapable of entertaining another point of view, listening to what others are telling you about the folly of your position, and most of all getting past the religious hogwash.
Exactly the mindset that Barry Goldwater referred to.

&
Do they kill babies?

No but she sure shouldn't kill her babies because you think women are just walking vaginas to be used and abused.

LOL. Just the opposite. I think a woman needs full control of when, where, how & what she chooses to do with the vagina she owns & is fully capable of deciding that for herself. Woman are not to be used & abused by the ilk that would like to lock her down for 9 months & be a host to something, feeding off her, & having no control over it. That, my dear, is the epitome of 'use & abuse'.

Government compelling a woman to give birth against her will is in no way 'heroic.'

In the United States the government has no authority to compel a woman to give birth against her will, and rightfully so.

Dude, buy yourself a dictionary.

BTW how do you know it was against her will?

Forum List

Back