Huckabee Comes to Josh Duggar's Defense

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Wow.... I wonder if Huckabee would be so forgiving if Duggar had engaged in "inexcusable acts" with boys instead of girls.. :dunno:

On Friday, Mr. Huckabee expressed his support for the Duggar family, which hails from Arkansas, and said that Mr. Duggar deserved a second chance.

“Josh’s actions when he was an underage teen are as he described them himself, ‘inexcusable,’ but that doesn’t mean ‘unforgivable’,” Mr. Huckabee said in a statement that scolded anyone who took pleasure in the revelations. “Those who have enjoyed revealing this long ago sins in order to discredit the Duggar family have actually revealed their own insensitive blood thirst.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...e-comes-to-defense-of-accused-child-molester/

Wow.... I wonder if Huckabee would be so forgiving if Duggar had engaged in "inexcusable acts" with boys instead of girls.. :dunno:

On Friday, Mr. Huckabee expressed his support for the Duggar family, which hails from Arkansas, and said that Mr. Duggar deserved a second chance.

“Josh’s actions when he was an underage teen are as he described them himself, ‘inexcusable,’ but that doesn’t mean ‘unforgivable’,” Mr. Huckabee said in a statement that scolded anyone who took pleasure in the revelations. “Those who have enjoyed revealing this long ago sins in order to discredit the Duggar family have actually revealed their own insensitive blood thirst.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...e-comes-to-defense-of-accused-child-molester/
Social conservatism is a very gray area. You get to pick and choose what you hate, but only if you're really smug and self-righteous about it.

OK and what. Is this now the end of the world? or dear gawd another reason you won't vote for someone you weren't going to vote for to begin with. ?

just WOW and petty
sorry

Social conservatism is a very gray area. You get to pick and choose what you hate, but only if you're really smug and self-righteous about it.
It helps when you have a lot of money.

OK and what. Is this now the end of the world? or dear gawd another reason you won't vote for someone you weren't going to vote for to begin with. ?

just WOW and petty
sorry
Hey Stephanie, just so you are aware, I'm new here and I know this, this is a site for discussing political beliefs, and while I myself am no fan of our President, he has done a lot less to enslave us than the republican congress, or the democrat one for that matter along with their butt buddy big business, so before you go getting upset with people and calling them petty for being upset about representatives of their government defending child molesters, not accusing, he admitted to it, maybe you should stop being so petty as to compare trying to create some form of health care or whatever grudge you hold against the man, after all he is just a man, to the enslavement of an entire group of people for centuries.

Lena Dunham, who sexually molested her six year old sister, did campaign ads for Barack Obama.

Why doesn't Obama condemn her inexcusable acts? Why does he allow self admitted child molesters to come to a White House?

Lena Dunham apologises after critics accuse her of sexually molesting sister Culture The Guardian

From Susan Rice to Lena Dunham New Yorker s WHCD cocktail party brings out the stars - The Washington Post

I don't care for any of our nations politician's however there is a difference between not commenting on and openly defending.

Steinlight, Obama is not running for office.
It doesn't matter if he is running for reelection. He has a political association with a known child molester, and allows her to the White House after she herself admits to engaging in such acts.

You are applying a double standard.

Lena Dunham, who sexually molested her six year old sister, did campaign ads for Barack Obama.

Why doesn't Obama condemn her inexcusable acts? Why does he allow self admitted child molesters to come to a White House?

Lena Dunham apologises after critics accuse her of sexually molesting sister Culture The Guardian

From Susan Rice to Lena Dunham New Yorker s WHCD cocktail party brings out the stars - The Washington Post

I don't care for any of our nations politician's however there is a difference between not commenting on and openly defending.

Where did he defend child molestation?

Having someone campaign for you and continuing to associate with a self admitted child molester is far worse.

Stop being hypocrites and apply the same standards here.

Also after having further looked in to the matter the only time she references touching her sister other than bribing her to kiss her is when she was 7 and it was out of a biological curiosity not sexual, there is a vast difference between a 7 year old girl looking at her baby sisters vagina and a 14 year old boy as far as intent goes, and a large part of crime is intent. The 14 year old boy knew that what he was doing was wrong and snuck in to the girls' rooms at night, the 7 year old girl was sitting in her front yard... If you further evidence to support that there was further sexual touching by Lena than I am happy to see it :)
*Edit* Happy isn't the right word, I would prefer she hadn't done anything wrong to her sister for her sister's sake.

It doesn't matter if he is running for reelection. He has a political association with a known child molester, and allows her to the White House after she herself admits to engaging in such acts.

Nope. The standard is someone is running for election (Huckabee). Obama is not.

And you assume BHO knew about Lena's childhood problems.

Having someone campaign for you and continuing to associate with a self admitted child molester is far worse.

I don't think Obama is the devil but I will be one of the last people in line to defend him overall, and I do not mean to defend Obama, Huckabee is trying to say that Josh redeemed himself, yet he supports legislation and a system that keep people locked up for the rest of their lives without ever having even indirectly harmed another person. That is my issue with him. Obama has not commented on Ms. Dunham's situation as far as I am aware.

Wait, just looked at your picture, completely off topic and forgive me for that, but do you believe that george zimmerman was an innocent man?

Also after having further looked in to the matter the only time she references touching her sister other than bribing her to kiss her is when she was 7 and it was out of a biological curiosity not sexual, there is a vast difference between a 7 year old girl looking at her baby sisters vagina and a 14 year old boy as far as intent goes, and a large part of crime is intent. The 14 year old boy knew that what he was doing was wrong and snuck in to the girls' rooms at night, the 7 year old girl was sitting in her front yard... If you further evidence to support that there was further sexual touching by Lena than I am happy to see it :)
*Edit* Happy isn't the right word, I would prefer she hadn't done anything wrong to her sister for her sister's sake.

All children are curious to one degree or another, they don't do this. They don't over their sibling's genitalia, bribe them to kiss, and then when they get older masturbate in bed next to them. Sorry this is textbook child molestation and she knew the difference, otherwise she wouldn't have apologized for it. Kids at that age know right and wrong and don't abuse their siblings sexually. But it figures it shitlib faggot like you will white knight her disgusting behavior and her association with Obama while condemning Huckabee for saying Duggar can be forgiven.

Wait, just looked at your picture, completely off topic and forgive me for that, but do you believe that george zimmerman was an innocent man?
Steinie is a hater of all minorities, much like MrKnow and Steve_McGarrett. Don't worry about them. Report them when they flame; they had to take the blame.

I don't think Obama is the devil but I will be one of the last people in line to defend him overall, and I do not mean to defend Obama, Huckabee is trying to say that Josh redeemed himself, yet he supports legislation and a system that keep people locked up for the rest of their lives without ever having even indirectly harmed another person. That is my issue with him. Obama has not commented on Ms. Dunham's situation as far as I am aware.

Obama hasn't commented, that is the problem, he has issued no statement and continues his political and social association with Lena Dunham, and known and self admitted child molester. Why is Obama allowed to associate with child molesters, but Huckabee condemned for saying someone can be forgiven of their transgressions?

Forum List

Back