Huckabee frees Washington cop killer

Would a Democrap run those Willie Horton type ads 24/7 if they were going up against Huckabee.....I would bet not.

I am a dedicated, extremely liberal Democrat. And I have admired MH for the dedication he showed in losing that weight. I have had to fight weight gain my entire life, and it isn't fun. Also, I liked his personality on the campaign trail. Not considering his politics, he seems like a really nice guy.

My question is, does anybody know why he let this guy out of prison?? I'm not saying he did the right thing. But I at least would like to know the reason. He had to have had one!!!

What a refreshing thing! Anyone - left or right - should wait for facts before rushing to judgement.... in any scenario. Well said.

And.... I admire anyone who battles their personal demons - yours with your weight. I will refrain from making personal references about it from now on.

It was a democrap that raised the issue of the Massachusetts furloughs.
Al Gore vs. Mike Dukakis in the '88 primary, so there is no reason to think it wouldn't happen again.

Last edited:
Liberals are feigning outrage over this? Wow,definitely a new low for dishonest hypocritical Liberals. Liberals applauded Huckabee back then for letting this evil cretin out. Now these same Liberals are here feigning outrage over it. What a sad scam.

They did? Which liberals in particular are you referring to?

Get an answer to this one yet yank?

I am a dedicated, extremely liberal Democrat. And I have admired MH for the dedication he showed in losing that weight. I have had to fight weight gain my entire life, and it isn't fun. Also, I liked his personality on the campaign trail. Not considering his politics, he seems like a really nice guy.

My question is, does anybody know why he let this guy out of prison?? I'm not saying he did the right thing. But I at least would like to know the reason. He had to have had one!!!

What a refreshing thing! Anyone - left or right - should wait for facts before rushing to judgement.... in any scenario. Well said.

And.... I admire anyone who battles their personal demons - yours with your weight. I will refrain from making personal references about it from now on.

Thank you. I appreciate that. I will also refrain from negative comments.

After all the times I have watched Huckabee and he does this, the dumbest move he could possibly make. What an A.H. At least he made my list smaller.:eusa_angel:

Sorry HUCK...........your O U T.

Are all these politicians like this anymore? running along acting totally normal...........then without notice, they go POP! and they shoot all over the room like an out of control balloon? Holy Krap!!

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee came under fire during his presidential run for his commutation of the sentence of Wayne Dumond, who was found guilty of rape and murder in Missouri after being released from prison in Arkansas.

In light of the news that Huckabee commuted the 95-year sentence of the suspect in yesterday’s slaying of four Washington state police officers, we dusted off our 2008 campaign research books to take another look at the numbers.

On his radio show today, Huckabee again addressed the slayings, placing blame both with his own state’s system and the government of Washington.

“Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state,” he said of Clemmons.

Huckabee's commutation record - First Read - msnbc.com

Did Huckabee free the man or commute his sentence? Whichever way you answer , you will still reveal yourself to be the liar that you are.

Your defense of huck is as bad as Huck's defense of Huck.

Just sad.

He let a killer loose. Republican, fox show and a indirectly a killer.
I'm not defending him. Who pulled the trigger? Are you this stupid in real life?

Serious question, would that guy have had access to a gun if Huck hadnt been huck and did what he did?

We had him in prison for 90 some odd years and then comes Huck.

So I ask again, did huck have anything to do with those cops being killed?

If you say no, then I ask you, are you that "stupid in real life"?

and how many times has this same type of shit happened around the country?.....this is not a new happening....its happened before,and with some of these idiots sitting on parole boards today.....look for it to happen again....so i ask you Zona...are you going to call everyone sitting on a parole board who lets these pieces of shit go free ....Murderers?....just askin....or is it just Fuckabee....

If he runs against Palin she will say he was palin arround with cop killers.

DevNell, can't defend yourself out here so you neg rep? Good luck bending my will dirt bag.

Dev IS one of the kings of Neg repping.....the reason his rep points are so low is because he gets it right back.....only ten times the amount...

Is my rep low? :eek:

I had no idea!:lol:

you're such a loser. :clap2:

I agree, the only commutation I cheered for was the one Bush gave the border patrol agents. Now that was justice! Yippppe Kayyyaaa

I remember a libtard parole board in california paroling a monster who took a woman into the wilderness raped, sodomized, and cut off her arms and left her to die. California paroled him, he came to florida and murdered a woman. I hope that parole board dies of kidney failure,

i remember that.....that parole board took a lot of heat for that....but obviously not much has changed...

I agree, the only commutation I cheered for was the one Bush gave the border patrol agents. Now that was justice! Yippppe Kayyyaaa

I remember a libtard parole board in california paroling a monster who took a woman into the wilderness raped, sodomized, and cut off her arms and left her to die. California paroled him, he came to florida and murdered a woman. I hope that parole board dies of kidney failure,

i remember that.....that parole board took a lot of heat for that....but obviously not much has changed...
Do you people oppose all parole?

And you're forgiven for the comments about my rear!!! I'm Italian and I love to eat!!! I could eat pasta every single night and never get tired of it. Plus I am not very tall, so extra weight shows a lot. The most overweight I have been is 30 pounds and it was murder to take it off and keep it off. So that's why I admire MH. He lost 110 pounds in 18 months!! And he hasn't gained it back. That's also hard. The discipline it had to take is just amazing to me. I really salute him.

Thanks again for such a nice post. :)

why does being an Italian have anything to do with your weight problem?......just askin....

For me personally, I don't think there is a big issue with this one incident -other than it is a tremendous tragedy. And I agree that taking Huckabee to task or trying to hold him responsible for this one guy's actions is very unfair.

But the issue to me is whether or not Huckabee pursued a flawed policy in granting extraordinary relief to those convicted of crimes. He comutted or pardoned more than 1,000 convicts during his tenure as governor (more than the three previous Arkansas governors combined).

I've tried to continue to look at the big picture rather than to try to build an entire case built upon this single incident.

I think we'd have to look at recidivism rates among Arkansas convicts who went through the more traditional release process and compare that to the recidivism rate among the 1,000 or so Huckabee granted extraordinary relief to in order to determine if he had a flawed policy.

But, In the spirit of full disclosure, I'll just say that no matter what closer scruntiny revealed, I wouldn't have voted for Huckabee anyway. I disagree with too many other of his positions - but I do respect him personally quite a bit.

how many of those 1,000 pardens were for no-violent offenders?.....does anyone know?.....

Ok, this needs to be a public apology. I called Rinata someone with a big ass. I did it more than once. Reading her post above makes me not very proud of my comments. Rinata, I'm sorry, people who struggle with weight don't need people making comments like that.

I also note a much more civil tone to your posts yesterday and today. Kudos for choosing the high road.

That's so nice!!! Thank you!! Well, I have always hated when people start arguing and every post is between them. In essence, they hijack the thread. I don't want to be a part of that. It's very boring and unfair to others.

And you're forgiven for the comments about my rear!!! I'm Italian and I love to eat!!! I could eat pasta every single night and never get tired of it. Plus I am not very tall, so extra weight shows a lot. The most overweight I have been is 30 pounds and it was murder to take it off and keep it off. So that's why I admire MH. He lost 110 pounds in 18 months!! And he hasn't gained it back. That's also hard. The discipline it had to take is just amazing to me. I really salute him.

Thanks again for such a nice post. :)

The man was and is a big fat idiot. Why? Here is his record while he was Guv...and the conservatives went hog wild for this creep.

...bloomberg.com...
Tough scrutiny never caught up with Huckabee in the 2008 primaries. His image as the folksy, Bible-quoting conservative with a heart held. He’d become famous as the thin governor who had popped out of a 300-pound body and written a book about it, who played the guitar in a band Chuck Norris admired, and who had remarried his wife in a covenant marriage ceremony in a sport arena.

This obscured the picture drawn by his hometown paper, the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, of a pol with flexible positions and an expansive definition of official expenses.

In office, Huckabee set up a nonprofit entity so he could give paid “inspirational” speeches without having to disclose who paid him.

He used the operating account for the governor’s mansion for personal expenses, charging the public for dry cleaning, a doghouse and meals. He paid himself (as a media consultant) and the babysitter (as a babysitter) out of campaign funds.

On the way out the door, in the tradition of the Clintons, the Huckabees tried to claim furniture from the governor’s mansion as their own. When that didn’t work, they set up a bridal registry for gifts for their new home.

Bad facts teach gross lessons: If you aspire to higher office, never let anyone go, execute those on death row and don’t look back. It will be too bad if that’s what Huckabee comes to stand for.

DevNell, can't defend yourself out here so you neg rep? Good luck bending my will dirt bag.

Dev IS one of the kings of Neg repping.....the reason his rep points are so low is because he gets it right back.....only ten times the amount...

Is my rep low? :eek:

I had no idea!:lol:

you're such a loser. :clap2:

yea it is ....for such a witty and likable guy i thought it would be much higher....at one time we were both at 31......and i aint as witty and likable as you....hey just sayin Dev.....

Do you people oppose all parole?

it depends on the person Dev.....this guy should have been locked away in the basement of the prison he was in.......

Forum List

Back