Huckabee frees Washington cop killer

Huckabee's political career is now done. This is far worse than Willie Horton.

Not that I see this as a bad thing. He's a big government republican.

don't be a sheeple and accept rightwinger's false accusation that huckabee freed this guy....he didn't

huckabee commuted his sentence which made him ELIGIBLE for parole, it was not guaranteed that his commutation would actually grant him parole....the BOP granted him parole....he then committed ANOTHER crime and was sent back....huckabee neither commuted this sentence or freed him on parole, once again, it was solely the BOP that released him....

don't believe the lie that huckabee freed this guy

what about the other 999?

what about them?

Quote: Originally Posted by Ravi
There are other charges they could face. In theory, they could face various charges from various law enforcement bodies for the rest of their natural lives.
ravi supports eternal charges for criminals if they are found not guilty the first time....the second time

I agree with Ravi - I think it is correct to adjudicate ALL applicable charges in ALL appropriate jurisdictions.

Why would anyone NOT support that?

yeah....just great....allow the state to try you and if you continually are found innocent, just keep creating new charges in all jurisdictions FOREVER....

yeah, thats just great, what an awesome legal system we have, we can hold a guy for 8 years and apparently we can't muster enough of a case against him that if he is found INNOCENT, we can contually IMPRISON him because we can't make a good case against and we need his whole natural life to figure out how to create new charges in all possible jurisidictions....

you and ravi make a mockery of our justice system

Ok, this needs to be a public apology. I called Rinata someone with a big ass. I did it more than once. Reading her post above makes me not very proud of my comments. Rinata, I'm sorry, people who struggle with weight don't need people making comments like that.

I also note a much more civil tone to your posts yesterday and today. Kudos for choosing the high road.

Does it look like the one in Xenophon's avatar???

Now I'm really happy I apologized!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ravi
There are other charges they could face. In theory, they could face various charges from various law enforcement bodies for the rest of their natural lives.
ravi supports eternal charges for criminals if they are found not guilty the first time....the second time

I agree with Ravi - I think it is correct to adjudicate ALL applicable charges in ALL appropriate jurisdictions.

yeah....just great....allow the state to try you and if you continually are found innocent, just keep creating new charges in all jurisdictions FOREVER....

yeah, thats just great, what an awesome legal system we have, we can hold a guy for 8 years and apparently we can't muster enough of a case against him that if he is found INNOCENT, we can contually IMPRISON him because we can't make a good case against and we need his whole natural life to figure out how to create new charges in all possible jurisidictions....

Actually, Bush did that but thanks for playing.

lmao...another bush did it too....so because bush did it, that makes your statement valid....

you apparently agree with bush, congratulations

edit: false, bush did not say the same thing you said, nice try

Last edited:

don't be a sheeple and accept rightwinger's false accusation that huckabee freed this guy....he didn't

huckabee commuted his sentence which made him ELIGIBLE for parole, it was not guaranteed that his commutation would actually grant him parole....the BOP granted him parole....he then committed ANOTHER crime and was sent back....huckabee neither commuted this sentence or freed him on parole, once again, it was solely the BOP that released him....

Made him elegible for dipshits to free him is still complicit in the stupidity that released the man.

Regardless, it's the impression that matters to the voting pubic. If he does run for national office, all the democrat has to do is run ads misconstruing it through omission (not lying, just leaving out anything salient to Huckabee's defense) and he's done. There is no way out of this for Huck.

The accusation alone is politically fatal.

what about them?

For me personally, I don't think there is a big issue with this one incident -other than it is a tremendous tragedy. And I agree that taking Huckabee to task or trying to hold him responsible for this one guy's actions is very unfair.

But the issue to me is whether or not Huckabee pursued a flawed policy in granting extraordinary relief to those convicted of crimes. He comutted or pardoned more than 1,000 convicts during his tenure as governor (more than the three previous Arkansas governors combined).

I've tried to continue to look at the big picture rather than to try to build an entire case built upon this single incident.

I think we'd have to look at recidivism rates among Arkansas convicts who went through the more traditional release process and compare that to the recidivism rate among the 1,000 or so Huckabee granted extraordinary relief to in order to determine if he had a flawed policy.

But, In the spirit of full disclosure, I'll just say that no matter what closer scruntiny revealed, I wouldn't have voted for Huckabee anyway. I disagree with too many other of his positions - but I do respect him personally quite a bit.

Made him elegible for dipshits to free him is still complicit in the stupidity that released the man.

Regardless, it's the impression that matters to the voting pubic. If he does run for national office, all the democrat has to do is run ads misconstruing it through omission (not lying, just leaving out anything salient to Huckabee's defense) and he's done. There is no way out of this for Huck.

The accusation alone is politically fatal.

when he went back to prison....what exactly did huckabee do to win his release in 2004?

what about them?

For me personally, I don't think there is a big issue with this one incident -other than it is a tremendous tragedy. And I agree that taking Huckabee to task or trying to hold him responsible for this one guy's actions is very unfair.

But the issue to me is whether or not Huckabee pursued a flawed policy in granting extraordinary relief to those convicted of crimes. He comutted or pardoned more than 1,000 convicts during his tenure as governor (more than the three previous Arkansas governors combined).

I've tried to continue to look at the big picture rather than to try to build an entire case built upon this single incident.

I think we'd have to look at recidivism rates among Arkansas convicts who went through the more traditional release process and compare that to the recidivism rate among the 1,000 or so Huckabee granted extraordinary relief to in order to determine if he had a flawed policy.

But, In the spirit of full disclosure, I'll just say that no matter what closer scruntiny revealed, I wouldn't have voted for Huckabee anyway. I disagree with too many other of his positions - but I do respect him personally quite a bit.

irrelevent to the issue at hand....if you want to discuss his overall commute/pardon record....go for it....but it has zero to do with this one guy committing these murders....huckabee could have pardoned 1 billion people and it would have no bearing on any culpability on huckabee for this one guy's murders

lmao...another bush did it too....so because bush did it, that makes your statement valid....

No...he just held people in cells and tortured them instead of trying them. He tried to change the justice system and ended up fucking things up.

Liberals are feigning outrage over this? Wow,definitely a new low for dishonest hypocritical Liberals. Liberals applauded Huckabee back then for letting this evil cretin out. Now these same Liberals are here feigning outrage over it. What a sad scam.

No...he just held people in cells and tortured them instead of trying them. He tried to change the justice system and ended up fucking things up.

(yawn) torture, nothing has been proven, so ignoring that silly comment....

so what....you want to hold them in prison for all their natural lives if they are found innocent so the government can keep trying over and over and over to actually get a conviction.....your belief is no different than bush, you are offering bullshit justice....if found innocent, we can forever incarcerate them until we finally get a conviction....and we don't, we can hold them in prison for all their natural lives despite being found innocent repeatedly

you advocate the same thing

huckabee could have pardoned 1 billion people and it would have no bearing on any culpability on huckabee for this one guy's murders

He may not be culpable, but his now unelectable.

That's the problem. When you're the guy at the top and something goes wrong, blame stops at your door. Huckabee ultimately made the decision that led to him getting free. In the minds of the voters, that's going to mean Huckabee is responsible for a cop killer walking free.

Its actually too bad, as I liked Huckabee. This kills his chances though.

huckabee could have pardoned 1 billion people and it would have no bearing on any culpability on huckabee for this one guy's murders
That's exactly what I said.

if you want to discuss his overall commute/pardon record....go for it
Thank you so very much - I apologize for attempting to do so before receiving your permission.

Liberals are feigning outrage over this? Wow,definitely a new low for dishonest hypocritical Liberals. Liberals applauded Huckabee back then for letting this evil cretin out. Now these same Liberals are here feigning outrage over it. What a sad scam.

Just like the rightwing wackos feigning outrage over Willie Horton.

What goes around - comes around. Sucks huh?

so what....you want to hold them in prison for all their natural lives if they are found innocent so the government can keep trying over and over and over to actually get a conviction.....your belief is no different than bush, you are offering bullshit justice....if found innocent, we can forever incarcerate them until we finally get a conviction....and we don't, we can hold them in prison for all their natural lives despite being found innocent repeatedly

More misrepresentation. There's really no point in talking to you when you continually and purposely misinterpret what I've said.

He may not be culpable, but his now unelectable.

That's the problem. When you're the guy at the top and something goes wrong, blame stops at your door. Huckabee ultimately made the decision that led to him getting free. In the minds of the voters, that's going to mean Huckabee is responsible for a cop killer walking free.

Its actually too bad, as I liked Huckabee. This kills his chances though.

ok...i never said otherwise....just because someone is unelectable doesn't mean they did anything wrong, just means that many voters are uninformed....

he didn't make the ultimate decision....he reoffended, huckabee had nothing to do with that release and really nothing to do with the first release....correcting an unjust sentence doesn't make him at fault for the BOP releasing him, reoffending and getting released again....

More misrepresentation. There's really no point in talking to you when you continually and purposely misinterpret what I've said.

funny how you can't actually explain how i misrepresented anything you said...your words are clear as day ravi...you haven't once explained them, all you have done is point at bush as justification for what you said....

if you can't explain your words or my alleged misrepresentation, then you're right, there is no point in discussing this as you don't honestly want to discuss it. i have feeling you know what you said it wrong, but you're too proud to admit it....

They did? Which liberals in particular are you referring to?

I told you. It's what the demons do. They aim to destroy!

Forum List

Back