Human Caused Global Warming

AGW is a farce, there is zero real science to support this religion.

CO2 does NOT drive climate.

Pollution does NOT equal AGW..
Kosh,
Like it or not, CO2 IS a greenhouse gas. And as has been shown in many ways, it is causing global temperatures to generally rise. As far as particulate pollution goes, it may help keep temperatures from rising as fast by keeping some sunlight from reaching the ground. Maybe that's how some of you deniers can sleep at night. Because if things gat as bad as they probably will, all the government has to do is send a couple ground penetrating hydrogen bombs crashing into a couple places where super volcanos exist. But that isn't much of a solution.
Nope!

SSDD,
I have pointed out many things that proves human caused global warming is a reality.

You have pointed out some things but the only thing that you have proved is that you aren't quite sure what constitutes proof.

You, like wildcard, just don't want to see it.

When you don't see something because it isn't there does that mean you don't want to see it?

Such as things continuly getting warmer and CO2 continully rising.

True, it has gotten about a half a degree warmer in the past century, but most of that warming took place prior to 1950 when CO2 levels were supposedly safe. Keep that in mind while considering that CO2 has been rising very steadily for the past 20 years but temperatures have not and if you are a thinking person, you have to wonder if CO2 has any effect at all on climate.

Or as I told wildcard, the amount CO2 has risen since the beginning of the industrial revolution.

You are working from an assumption...You are claiming that all of this warming is due to CO2....before you can claim CO2 is doing anything but increasing, you first must prove that CO2 can even cause warming. The fact that ice ages have began with atmospheric CO2 levels as high as 4500ppm casts serious doubt on that assumption. CO2 follows temperature around...it does not lead temperature.

From what I heard is the fastest it has risen in the last 800,000 years.

So what? If you can't prove that CO2 causes the temperature to increase, it doesn't matter. Sure it has been warming...the earth is coming out of an ice age...and warm water can't hold as much CO2 as cold water so the oceans outgas CO2.

I don't know what made CO2 rise that fast in the past. But I can tell you what didn't cause it to. Humans.

Again, you are assuming that CO2 causes temperature to rise....before you can credibly make claims of human caused warming, you must first prove that CO2 can cause warming and no such proof exists.

You seem to be the victim of your own vocabulary....have you ever heard the word correlation? Correlation is when two things appear on the surface to be related..people who believe in human caused warming often confuse the words correlation with causation. Causation means that one thing directly causes the other. You are assuming that increasing CO2 causes warming but the evidence tells us that most of the warming in the past 100 years or so took place at a time when atmospheric CO2 levels were in what science calls the "safe" range and while CO2 has increased at a rapid pace for the past 2 decades, temperatures have not increased with them. The AGW hypothesis predicted constant warming with the increase in CO2...it hasn't happened....the hypothesis is wrong. Why do you continue to believe in a failed hypothesis?
SSDD,
First of all, I am sure of what constitutes proof. Then as far as your not wanting to see, I have proven that clearly enough. As far as how much things have warmed in the last 20 years, you can concentrate on the fluctuations all you want. But it is clear that the trand for CO2 and temperatires is upward. Next, I don't have to prove that CO2 is a greenhouse gas. You can believe it or not. Next, rising CO2 levels are more from the activity of man. Not outgassing of warmer oceans. Next, don't complain about my volcabulary. My use of "correlation" was appropriate.

Next, most of my talk has been about the CO2 increase since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Not the temperature increase. Though temperatures have been going up too. Lastly, I have to go along with what the vast majority of scientists say. I also have to go along with what most of the graphs say. When it comes to your opinion about human caused global warming, compared to those things, it isn't even in the running.

gipper,
Human caused global warming is real.

Prove it... what is happening in the climate that is outside the boundaries of natural variation...and if nothing is outside of natural variation...how can you be sure humans are involved?
SSDD,
If your arguments are coming down to asking people to repeat themselves, you may as well just give up.

You have not answered the question....if the climate is within the bounds of natural variability....where is the human fingerprint?....how do you separate it from the natural noise?

You have made a claim that you have not substantiated...can you, or can you not substantiate it?
SSDD,
Refer to my last answer.

I did...it was a non answer...it shows that you don't know the difference between correlation and causation...it is a common characteristic among those who believe in the AGW hypothesis.
SSDD,
It was only a non answer to somebody who refuses to see.

SSDD,
What's the point. We can't even agree on what an ice age is.

Well that is precisely the point, isn't it? There is no agreeing or disagreeing...the fact that there are large ice fields at the poles, an ice sheet covering greenland, and glaciers is evidence that the earth is in an ice age. An ice age is defined as a long period of time in which the earth's climate sees a dramatic drop in temperatures, accompanied by ice fields in the polar regions A quick look at the temperature history of the earth should tell you that the period we are presently in constitutes a dramatic drop from the normal temperature of the earth

globaltemp_zps5d048cd4.jpg

The fact that the earth is in the process if coming out of an ice age should indicate that warming is to be expected. Take a look at the temperature history of the earth above...look at what seems to be the normal temperature...it is about 10 degrees C warmer than the temperatures we are experiencing now. Look at the normal temperature...about 25 degrees C and tell me that you think that ice at the poles and glaciers are the normal for planet earth. If you can't accept that the earth is presently experiencing an interglacial period within an ice age, then you are so far behind the curve that you really don't have anything to add to the conversation.

Brush up on the difference between an ice age and an interglacial period within an ice age and the difference between causation and correlation.

Also, as I said a zillion times, the evidence for human caused global warming is all around.

I agree that you have said it, but saying it doesn't make it so...if you look around you, and at the history of the past couple of hundred years, what you claim to be evidence is in fact, evidence that humans are not causing warming....again, most of the warming of the past hundred or so years happened prior to 1950 back when CO2 levels were considered safe...CO2 has been steadily rising for the past 20 years while no warming has happened...we know that the present ice age began with atmospheric CO2 levels more than double the current rate and on and on. There is no evidence of human caused global warming.....Since human caused global warming would be unique in the history of the earth...human caused global warming would look different. Nothing is happening in the climate that is outside of the bounds of natural variation...so you are, in effect, saying that human caused global warming looks just like natural global warming...if they look the same and you don't have any proof that CO2 causes warming where is your evidence?

For CO2 levels being as low as you say, it's still sure kicking ass.

That is an assumption...not a fact. AGAIN...most of the warming in the past century took place prior to 1950....CO2 has been rapidly increasing for the past 20 years with no warming at all. Your correlation breaks down when compared with observation.

Also, I know you like to "poo poo" methane release. But it is going up too.

The hypothesis is that the mechanism by which methane causes warming is the same as by which CO2 causes warming except CO2 is not causing warming...the hypothesized mechanism is flawed.

After such a long period of falling global temperatures, you can't say that it can't have a drastic effect. But like I said before, I know what your feelings are. It's better to be sorry than safe.

Everything you say is a product of misinformation...look above at the temperature history of the earth...look at where we are right now....tell me what you think is surprising about the fact that the earth is warming. Give me one reason to think that the long term climate trend will not be warming until such time as there is no ice at either pole with or without humans introducing CO2 into the atmosphere.

And again, regarding your better safe than sorry attitude...look back in history and over and over humans have found out that taking action when the complete picture is not known is not a good course of action...more often than not, people have ended up being sorry that they tried to stay safe....the problems they encounter from the better safe than sorry way of thinking are all to often worse than the problems, or non problems they would have faced had they taken no action. Taking action in an attempt to counter the unknown is never a good plan.
SSDD,
I'm going to skip most of what you said. Because it is all the same denier crap all over again. Then you really venture into insane land by claiming that it is better to be sorry than safe. Just like the DEVO song, "If you have a problem, you just have to whip it." Even if something is only a perceived threat, it is ALWAYS a good idea to do something about it. Though of course, you claim that there is no problem. On that point, I guess we're just going to have to disagree. Also, as I said to somebody, it isn't a good idea to wait until everything is known diwn to the finest, exact detail until a problem is recognized. If we took that course, science would probably still be saying that tobacco was safe.

wildcard,
I said to bring up graphs. Not some article in Forbs.

I don't take orders.

You want graphs? Bring them up yourself, or have someone help you.

Make some attempt at backing-up the bullshit that YOU claim with some "undeniable real proof".

What's the matter, does that article from Forbes goes against the bullshit lies and misinformation about global warming that you faithfully believe in and accept without question?
wildcard,
It isn't that you don't take orders. You're just making up that it was an order to keep yourself from being proven wrong. But I have something else to tell you that you can take as fact. But I won't ask you to look it up if you don't believe me. I can guess where that would lead. But here is the fact. Each year all of the earths' volcanoes put out an estimated 200 MILLION tons of CO2 into the biosphere. Each year, the activities of humans results in the release of 26.8 BILLION tons. That's billion with a B. Also, depending on what you read, China alone starts up a new coal fired electric power plant either twice a week or once every ten days. Unfortunately is is more pleasing to stick your denier head in the sand. Just like those cartoon pictures of ostrichs doing.
you don't know anything about this, all of your talk is hearsay. And you even admitted you don't know how to read the graphs to even support your own position. sounds like you're just on a message board passing time on a subject you know very little on. And oh, CO2 follows temperatures, and until someone from your side can prove otherwise, that is the only direction that is a causal influence.
jc456,
Is this what things have come to? You making things up? I never said that I didn't know how to read graphs. I said I didn't know how to copy and past them to a reply for denier cultist like you to look at. Then you go on to talk about causal influence. Well duh! But the point is that most ovten in the past, CO2 followed temperatures. But these days, CO2 is leading the way. That can't be good.
sure, and some day maybe you could prove what you post. You have no evidence, none, nadda of any CO2 causing a climate or temperature change. As has been pointed out to you here, the past 18 year pause is an observed damning of your claim. While CO2 increased, temps stayed basically flat. So the cause is no where to be found. And as many on your side here have posted, at least you admit that CO2 follows temperature and to all of us is the only influence on the planet. So have a nice day and when you find that evidence you claim you have, that you don't, let us all know. :2up: :2up:
jc456,
First of all, it appears in the past that CO2 usually followed temperatures. But that isn't what is happening today. And as sure as the greenhouse effect is, Temperatures are sure to follow. Also, from what I heard, ocean temperatures have been rising more than atmospheric temperatures. Which apparently wasn't expected. But even warmer oceans isn't a good thing. Let me guess, you want me to dig up some graphs or find some scientific publication to quote. Well guess what. I have better things to do. Believe what you want. As you can tell from my avatar, I have more important cults to smash.

Kosh,
Like it or not, CO2 IS a greenhouse gas. And as has been shown in many ways, it is causing global temperatures to generally rise. As far as particulate pollution goes, it may help keep temperatures from rising as fast by keeping some sunlight from reaching the ground. Maybe that's how some of you deniers can sleep at night. Because if things gat as bad as they probably will, all the government has to do is send a couple ground penetrating hydrogen bombs crashing into a couple places where super volcanos exist. But that isn't much of a solution.

GHG yes. Shown to be doing anything....anything at all? No. With a capital NO!

I don't take orders.

Make some attempt at backing-up the bullshit that YOU claim with some "undeniable real proof".

What's the matter, does that article from Forbes goes against the bullshit lies and misinformation about global warming that you faithfully believe in and accept without question?
wildcard,
It isn't that you don't take orders. You're just making up that it was an order to keep yourself from being proven wrong. But I have something else to tell you that you can take as fact. But I won't ask you to look it up if you don't believe me. I can guess where that would lead. But here is the fact. Each year all of the earths' volcanoes put out an estimated 200 MILLION tons of CO2 into the biosphere. Each year, the activities of humans results in the release of 26.8 BILLION tons. That's billion with a B. Also, depending on what you read, China alone starts up a new coal fired electric power plant either twice a week or once every ten days. Unfortunately is is more pleasing to stick your denier head in the sand. Just like those cartoon pictures of ostrichs doing.
you don't know anything about this, all of your talk is hearsay. And you even admitted you don't know how to read the graphs to even support your own position. sounds like you're just on a message board passing time on a subject you know very little on. And oh, CO2 follows temperatures, and until someone from your side can prove otherwise, that is the only direction that is a causal influence.
jc456,
Is this what things have come to? You making things up? I never said that I didn't know how to read graphs. I said I didn't know how to copy and past them to a reply for denier cultist like you to look at. Then you go on to talk about causal influence. Well duh! But the point is that most ovten in the past, CO2 followed temperatures. But these days, CO2 is leading the way. That can't be good.
sure, and some day maybe you could prove what you post. You have no evidence, none, nadda of any CO2 causing a climate or temperature change. As has been pointed out to you here, the past 18 year pause is an observed damning of your claim. While CO2 increased, temps stayed basically flat. So the cause is no where to be found. And as many on your side here have posted, at least you admit that CO2 follows temperature and to all of us is the only influence on the planet. So have a nice day and when you find that evidence you claim you have, that you don't, let us all know. :2up: :2up:
jc456,
First of all, it appears in the past that CO2 usually followed temperatures. But that isn't what is happening today. And as sure as the greenhouse effect is, Temperatures are sure to follow. Also, from what I heard, ocean temperatures have been rising more than atmospheric temperatures. Which apparently wasn't expected. But even warmer oceans isn't a good thing. Let me guess, you want me to dig up some graphs or find some scientific publication to quote. Well guess what. I have better things to do. Believe what you want. As you can tell from my avatar, I have more important cults to smash.

Keep posting your science denying propaganda little NAZI boy, it makes our job so much easier. The only people who believe your crap now are you and your fellow scientific illiterates. Thinking people have figured out that you don't know anything, and further will lie, cheat and steal, to further your political goals because that's what this crap is all about. Politics.

Science has nothing to do with your cult any longer.

I don't take orders.

wildcard,
jc456,
jc456,
First of all CO2 will always follow temperature, that is science. You sir still have not proved anything other than that. So, I don't believe you nor the links you constantly post, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? It doesn't matter how many times you post it the same reaction will be received....DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? So tell me what else is there to discuss? WiNNiNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildcard,
jc456,
jc456,
First of all CO2 will always follow temperature, that is science. You sir still have not proved anything other than that. So, I don't believe you nor the links you constantly post, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? It doesn't matter how many times you post it the same reaction will be received....DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? So tell me what else is there to discuss? WiNNiNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jc456,
It appears I was able to make a graph appear that shows that right now, CO2 is leading the way. You should be able to click on one of the graphs to inlarge it. So what does that have to say about your assertion that CO2 always follows temperatures. Or that you're winning. Chew on that for a while!

Attachments

• co2.jpg
    co2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 96
  • co2.jpg
    co2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 73
  • co2.jpg
    co2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
wildcard,

I don't take orders.

wildcard,

:blahblah: :anj_stfu:

You're just making up that it was an order to keep yourself from being proven wrong.

There is nothing truthful or factual about global warming to be proven wrong.

Everything about global warming is a lie!
wildcard,
You can tell yourself that all you want. But it isn't going to make it true. If you look at how much CO2 has gone up since the beginning of the industrial revolution, even you can see where things are going.

You can tell yourself that all you want. But it isn't going to make it true.
And you can continue to convince yourself that global warming is real, and that mankind is to blame, but it isn't going to make it true. :cuckoo:

Kosh,

GHG yes. Shown to be doing anything....anything at all? No. With a capital NO!

Really? Another get together coming up for the AGU. You will be there to tell all of those scientists how they are all wrong, and that GHGs don't do anything. Right? Come on now, I, and many like me watch the videos. Surely you won't miss this chance to show us all that we are wrong.

Or perhaps you would prefer to us the GSA as a forum. Just tell us when you will be speaking, we will surely not miss that.

But the reality is that you, and people like you, have nothing to present that would pass even minimal peer review. You would get your asses laughed out of either forum.

wildcard,

I don't take orders.

wildcard,

You're just making up that it was an order to keep yourself from being proven wrong.

wildcard,
You can tell yourself that all you want. But it isn't going to make it true. If you look at how much CO2 has gone up since the beginning of the industrial revolution, even you can see where things are going.

And you can continue to convince yourself that global warming is real, and that mankind is to blame, but it isn't going to make it true. :cuckoo:

OK, asshole, present evidence for your position.

I don't take orders.

wildcard,

wildcard,

Hey dumbfuck, search the thread.

But we both know that whatever evidence is presented, YOU will automatically reject it. Why? Because it doesn't support the bullshit lies and misinformation of global warming that YOU and the other moronic warmists so faithfully believe in and accept without question. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
wildcard,

wildcard,

But we both know that whatever evidence is presented, YOU will automatically reject it. Why? Because it doesn't support the bullshit lies and misinformation of global warming that YOU and the other moronic warmists so faithfully believe in and accept without question. :cuckoo:

Well, present us some evidence from credible sources. Not undegreed ex-TV weathermen, fake British Lords, and obese junkies on the radio.

All of the Scientific Societies of the world, all the National Academies of Science, and all of the major Universities have policy statements that say AGW is real, and a clear and present danger.

jc456,
jc456,
jc456,
It appears I was able to make a graph appear that shows that right now, CO2 is leading the way. You should be able to click on one of the graphs to inlarge it. So what does that have to say about your assertion that CO2 always follows temperatures. Or that you're winning. Chew on that for a while!

This BULL SHIT AGAIN????

GlobaltempChange.jpg

wildcard,

Well, present us some evidence from credible sources. Not undegreed ex-TV weathermen, fake British Lords, and obese junkies on the radio.

All of the Scientific Societies of the world, all the National Academies of Science, and all of the major Universities have policy statements that say AGW is real, and a clear and present danger.

First we would have to see real science and real data from the alarmists... none of this fake modeled crap and made up tree ring proxies..

Kosh,

It has been shown in no way to make global temperatures rise. It has been hypothesized...it has been modeled and both the hypothesis and models have failed. CO2 does not drive the climate.

SSDD,
First of all, I am sure of what constitutes proof.

Really? So what is the number one thing in your mind that proves that AGW is real?

Then as far as your not wanting to see, I have proven that clearly enough. {/quote]

Claiming that I don't want to see the proof that you haven't provided is about as weak an argument as possible.

As far as how much things have warmed in the last 20 years, you can concentrate on the fluctuations all you want. But it is clear that the trand for CO2 and temperatires is upward.
The long term trend has been upward for about 14 thousand years now...since the glaciers that extended down to the prairie started melting back....over the past century or so, the "trend" as you call it has been about a half a degree and most of that happened prior to 1950 and the rest is questionable due to data tampering.

Next, I don't have to prove that CO2 is a greenhouse gas. You can believe it or not. Next, rising CO2 levels are more from the activity of man. Not outgassing of warmer oceans. Next, don't complain about my volcabulary. My use of "correlation" was appropriate.

If you are going to demand that I alter my lifestyle, and pony up money that I earn, then you damned well do have to prove that CO2 is causing the global climate to warm...And again, just prior to the ice age that we are still in, the atmospheric CO2 levels were above 1000ppm so clearly CO2 is not the cause of any warming.

Next, most of my talk has been about the CO2 increase since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Not the temperature increase.

I thought according to you guys the two walk hand in hand. Well they do, but CO2 follows temperature, not the other way around. Ice cores show that fact over and over.

Though temperatures have been going up too. Lastly, I have to go along with what the vast majority of scientists say.

Really? Did you have to go along with what the vast majority of scientists said when they claimed that stomach ulcers were caused by stress? Did you go along with what the vast majority of scientists said when the claimed that plate tectonics was bunk? Did you have to go along with what the vast majority of scientists said when the claimed that quasicrystals did not exist? Did you have to go along with the vast majority of scientists when they said that there are 9 planets in the solar system? Did you have to go along with the vast majority of scientists when they said that there were 30 orders of insects? Did you have to go along with the vast majority of scientists when they said that humans evolved directly from tree dwelling apes? Did you have to go along with the vast majority of scientists when they said that there were 109 elements, 110 elements, 111, elements, 112 elements, 113 elements, 114 elements, 115 elements? Did you have to go along with the vast majority of scientists when they said the first mammals evolved about 155 million years ago? See a trend here?....and I could go on and on and on ad nauseum. The point is that early on in any field of study, science is damned near always wrong..and they stay wrong for a long time until they finally get it right....today, climate science is still based on a quaint 18th century hypothesis that was proven wrong just a few years after it was proposed...

I also have to go along with what most of the graphs say. When it comes to your opinion about human caused global warming, compared to those things, it isn't even in the running.

Graphs made by who? Showing what? in 1995 the IPCC said that the recent global temperature history looked like this.

climate-history-ipcc.gif

That graph was based on literally hundreds of papers that found that the medieval warm period was global in nature and warmer than the present without the benefit of CO2....those papers still exist and their numbers have grown considerably...today the IPCC says that the recent global temperature history looked like this:

th

And this change is based on just a couple of papers which use very questionable proxy data and even more questionable methodology...so questionable in fact, that the person who produce the graph and the university he was associated with have spent millions keeping his raw data secret from the people who paid for it.

It is clear, that your position is based on your political leanings and not any sort of real examination of the facts. You take whatever you are given so long as it is given to you by someone whose political position meets with your approval. You really should change your name from cultsmasher to cult builder as your behavior is quite cultish.

Forum List

Back