Human Caused Global Warming

wildcard,
You think it's better to be sorry than safe. I get it. But according to something I saw recently on PBS, CO2 it going up faster than it has in the past 800,000 years. And wherever CO2 goes, temperatures are sure to follow. You may be willing to let that take us where it will. But I'm not. Nor would any thinking person.

And wherever CO2 goes, temperatures are sure to follow.

Wrong.

There's no correlation between CO2 and temperature.

Try again.
wildcard,
Go to your browser and bring up graphs that show both atmospheric CO2 and temperatures throughout history. You will find plenty of them that show a correlation between CO2 levels and temperatures.

I went my browser and found this instead.

As Carbon Dioxide Levels Continue To Rise Global Temperatures Are Not Following Suit - Forbes
wildcard,
I said to bring up graphs. Not some article in Forbs.

I don't take orders.

You want graphs? Bring them up yourself, or have someone help you.

Make some attempt at backing-up the bullshit that YOU claim with some "undeniable real proof".

What's the matter, does that article from Forbes goes against the bullshit lies and misinformation about global warming that you faithfully believe in and accept without question?
wildcard,
It isn't that you don't take orders. You're just making up that it was an order to keep yourself from being proven wrong. But I have something else to tell you that you can take as fact. But I won't ask you to look it up if you don't believe me. I can guess where that would lead. But here is the fact. Each year all of the earths' volcanoes put out an estimated 200 MILLION tons of CO2 into the biosphere. Each year, the activities of humans results in the release of 26.8 BILLION tons. That's billion with a B. Also, depending on what you read, China alone starts up a new coal fired electric power plant either twice a week or once every ten days. Unfortunately is is more pleasing to stick your denier head in the sand. Just like those cartoon pictures of ostrichs doing.

Wrong.

Try again.
wildcard,
Go to your browser and bring up graphs that show both atmospheric CO2 and temperatures throughout history. You will find plenty of them that show a correlation between CO2 levels and temperatures.

As Carbon Dioxide Levels Continue To Rise Global Temperatures Are Not Following Suit - Forbes
wildcard,

I don't take orders.

Make some attempt at backing-up the bullshit that YOU claim with some "undeniable real proof".

What's the matter, does that article from Forbes goes against the bullshit lies and misinformation about global warming that you faithfully believe in and accept without question?
wildcard,
It isn't that you don't take orders. You're just making up that it was an order to keep yourself from being proven wrong. But I have something else to tell you that you can take as fact. But I won't ask you to look it up if you don't believe me. I can guess where that would lead. But here is the fact. Each year all of the earths' volcanoes put out an estimated 200 MILLION tons of CO2 into the biosphere. Each year, the activities of humans results in the release of 26.8 BILLION tons. That's billion with a B. Also, depending on what you read, China alone starts up a new coal fired electric power plant either twice a week or once every ten days. Unfortunately is is more pleasing to stick your denier head in the sand. Just like those cartoon pictures of ostrichs doing.

:blahblah: :anj_stfu:

You're just making up that it was an order to keep yourself from being proven wrong.

There is nothing truthful or factual about global warming to be proven wrong.

Everything about global warming is a lie!

SSDD,
What regulations may do to energy prices is debatable.

Considering the fact that observation tells us that regulation has, indeed driven up energy prices, the point is not debatable...it is undeniable that regulation has driven up energy prices.

that isn't the point. The point is that human caused global warming is a reality.

So you say, but you can't point to any hard evidence that human caused global warming is a reality...you can't point to any repeatable experiment that proves that additional CO2 in an open atmosphere causes temperatures to rise...and you can't point to anything that is happening in the present climate that is outside of natural variability. If you can't point to any such proof that human caused global warming even exists...how can you claim that it is reality.

Oh brother...not another global warming thread...

Everyone knows AGW is nothing but a political ploy by the elites...well except foolish leftists.

Its not science...its politics.
gipper,
Human caused global warming is real.

Prove it... what is happening in the climate that is outside the boundaries of natural variation...and if nothing is outside of natural variation...how can you be sure humans are involved?
SSDD,
If your arguments are coming down to asking people to repeat themselves, you may as well just give up.

You have not answered the question....if the climate is within the bounds of natural variability....where is the human fingerprint?....how do you separate it from the natural noise?

You have made a claim that you have not substantiated...can you, or can you not substantiate it?

wildcard,
You think it's better to be sorry than safe. I get it. But according to something I saw recently on PBS, CO2 it going up faster than it has in the past 800,000 years. And wherever CO2 goes, temperatures are sure to follow. You may be willing to let that take us where it will. But I'm not. Nor would any thinking person.

The earth is in an ice age...low CO2 levels are to be expected...look to the time just prior to the beginning of the present ice age and you will find CO2 levels over 1000ppm and an ice age began with CO2 levels that high....now explain how the very low levels of CO2 now are going to burn us up when the ice age we are presently in began with CO2 levels over 1000ppm.

Wrong.

Try again.
wildcard,

wildcard,

I don't take orders.

wildcard,
you don't know anything about this, all of your talk is hearsay. And you even admitted you don't know how to read the graphs to even support your own position. sounds like you're just on a message board passing time on a subject you know very little on. And oh, CO2 follows temperatures, and until someone from your side can prove otherwise, that is the only direction that is a causal influence.

wildcard,

wildcard,

I don't take orders.

wildcard,

:blahblah: :anj_stfu:

You're just making up that it was an order to keep yourself from being proven wrong.

There is nothing truthful or factual about global warming to be proven wrong.

Everything about global warming is a lie!
wildcard,
You can tell yourself that all you want. But it isn't going to make it true. If you look at how much CO2 has gone up since the beginning of the industrial revolution, even you can see where things are going.

SSDD,
What regulations may do to energy prices is debatable.

Considering the fact that observation tells us that regulation has, indeed driven up energy prices, the point is not debatable...it is undeniable that regulation has driven up energy prices.

that isn't the point. The point is that human caused global warming is a reality.

So you say, but you can't point to any hard evidence that human caused global warming is a reality...you can't point to any repeatable experiment that proves that additional CO2 in an open atmosphere causes temperatures to rise...and you can't point to anything that is happening in the present climate that is outside of natural variability. If you can't point to any such proof that human caused global warming even exists...how can you claim that it is reality.
SSDD,
I have pointed out many things that proves human caused global warming is a reality. You, like wildcard, just don't want to see it. Such as things continuly getting warmer and CO2 continully rising. Or as I told wildcard, the amount CO2 has risen since the beginning of the industrial revolution. From what I heard is the fastest it has risen in the last 800,000 years. I don't know what made CO2 rise that fast in the past. But I can tell you what didn't cause it to. Humans.

Everyone knows AGW is nothing but a political ploy by the elites...well except foolish leftists.

gipper,

Prove it... what is happening in the climate that is outside the boundaries of natural variation...and if nothing is outside of natural variation...how can you be sure humans are involved?
SSDD,
If your arguments are coming down to asking people to repeat themselves, you may as well just give up.

You have not answered the question....if the climate is within the bounds of natural variability....where is the human fingerprint?....how do you separate it from the natural noise?

You have made a claim that you have not substantiated...can you, or can you not substantiate it?
SSDD,
Refer to my last answer.

wildcard,

The earth is in an ice age...low CO2 levels are to be expected...look to the time just prior to the beginning of the present ice age and you will find CO2 levels over 1000ppm and an ice age began with CO2 levels that high....now explain how the very low levels of CO2 now are going to burn us up when the ice age we are presently in began with CO2 levels over 1000ppm.
SSDD,
What's the point. We can't even agree on what an ice age is. Also, as I said a zillion times, the evidence for human caused global warming is all around. For CO2 levels being as low as you say, it's still sure kicking ass. And there is no reason to believe it won't kick ass even harder as CO2 continues to rise. Also, I know you like to "poo poo" methane release. But it is going up too. After such a long period of falling global temperatures, you can't say that it can't have a drastic effect. But like I said before, I know what your feelings are. It's better to be sorry than safe.

wildcard,

wildcard,

I don't take orders.

wildcard,
you don't know anything about this, all of your talk is hearsay. And you even admitted you don't know how to read the graphs to even support your own position. sounds like you're just on a message board passing time on a subject you know very little on. And oh, CO2 follows temperatures, and until someone from your side can prove otherwise, that is the only direction that is a causal influence.
jc456,
Is this what things have come to? You making things up? I never said that I didn't know how to read graphs. I said I didn't know how to copy and past them to a reply for denier cultist like you to look at. Then you go on to talk about causal influence. Well duh! But the point is that most ovten in the past, CO2 followed temperatures. But these days, CO2 is leading the way. That can't be good.

SSDD,
I have pointed out many things that proves human caused global warming is a reality.

You have pointed out some things but the only thing that you have proved is that you aren't quite sure what constitutes proof.

You, like wildcard, just don't want to see it.

When you don't see something because it isn't there does that mean you don't want to see it?

Such as things continuly getting warmer and CO2 continully rising.

True, it has gotten about a half a degree warmer in the past century, but most of that warming took place prior to 1950 when CO2 levels were supposedly safe. Keep that in mind while considering that CO2 has been rising very steadily for the past 20 years but temperatures have not and if you are a thinking person, you have to wonder if CO2 has any effect at all on climate.

Or as I told wildcard, the amount CO2 has risen since the beginning of the industrial revolution.

You are working from an assumption...You are claiming that all of this warming is due to CO2....before you can claim CO2 is doing anything but increasing, you first must prove that CO2 can even cause warming. The fact that ice ages have began with atmospheric CO2 levels as high as 4500ppm casts serious doubt on that assumption. CO2 follows temperature around...it does not lead temperature.

From what I heard is the fastest it has risen in the last 800,000 years.

So what? If you can't prove that CO2 causes the temperature to increase, it doesn't matter. Sure it has been warming...the earth is coming out of an ice age...and warm water can't hold as much CO2 as cold water so the oceans outgas CO2.

I don't know what made CO2 rise that fast in the past. But I can tell you what didn't cause it to. Humans.

Again, you are assuming that CO2 causes temperature to rise....before you can credibly make claims of human caused warming, you must first prove that CO2 can cause warming and no such proof exists.

You seem to be the victim of your own vocabulary....have you ever heard the word correlation? Correlation is when two things appear on the surface to be related..people who believe in human caused warming often confuse the words correlation with causation. Causation means that one thing directly causes the other. You are assuming that increasing CO2 causes warming but the evidence tells us that most of the warming in the past 100 years or so took place at a time when atmospheric CO2 levels were in what science calls the "safe" range and while CO2 has increased at a rapid pace for the past 2 decades, temperatures have not increased with them. The AGW hypothesis predicted constant warming with the increase in CO2...it hasn't happened....the hypothesis is wrong. Why do you continue to believe in a failed hypothesis?

gipper,

SSDD,

SSDD,
Refer to my last answer.

I did...it was a non answer...it shows that you don't know the difference between correlation and causation...it is a common characteristic among those who believe in the AGW hypothesis.

SSDD,
What's the point. We can't even agree on what an ice age is.

Well that is precisely the point, isn't it? There is no agreeing or disagreeing...the fact that there are large ice fields at the poles, an ice sheet covering greenland, and glaciers is evidence that the earth is in an ice age. An ice age is defined as a long period of time in which the earth's climate sees a dramatic drop in temperatures, accompanied by ice fields in the polar regions A quick look at the temperature history of the earth should tell you that the period we are presently in constitutes a dramatic drop from the normal temperature of the earth

globaltemp_zps5d048cd4.jpg

The fact that the earth is in the process if coming out of an ice age should indicate that warming is to be expected. Take a look at the temperature history of the earth above...look at what seems to be the normal temperature...it is about 10 degrees C warmer than the temperatures we are experiencing now. Look at the normal temperature...about 25 degrees C and tell me that you think that ice at the poles and glaciers are the normal for planet earth. If you can't accept that the earth is presently experiencing an interglacial period within an ice age, then you are so far behind the curve that you really don't have anything to add to the conversation.

Brush up on the difference between an ice age and an interglacial period within an ice age and the difference between causation and correlation.

Also, as I said a zillion times, the evidence for human caused global warming is all around.

I agree that you have said it, but saying it doesn't make it so...if you look around you, and at the history of the past couple of hundred years, what you claim to be evidence is in fact, evidence that humans are not causing warming....again, most of the warming of the past hundred or so years happened prior to 1950 back when CO2 levels were considered safe...CO2 has been steadily rising for the past 20 years while no warming has happened...we know that the present ice age began with atmospheric CO2 levels more than double the current rate and on and on. There is no evidence of human caused global warming.....Since human caused global warming would be unique in the history of the earth...human caused global warming would look different. Nothing is happening in the climate that is outside of the bounds of natural variation...so you are, in effect, saying that human caused global warming looks just like natural global warming...if they look the same and you don't have any proof that CO2 causes warming where is your evidence?

For CO2 levels being as low as you say, it's still sure kicking ass.

That is an assumption...not a fact. AGAIN...most of the warming in the past century took place prior to 1950....CO2 has been rapidly increasing for the past 20 years with no warming at all. Your correlation breaks down when compared with observation.

Also, I know you like to "poo poo" methane release. But it is going up too.

The hypothesis is that the mechanism by which methane causes warming is the same as by which CO2 causes warming except CO2 is not causing warming...the hypothesized mechanism is flawed.

After such a long period of falling global temperatures, you can't say that it can't have a drastic effect. But like I said before, I know what your feelings are. It's better to be sorry than safe.

Everything you say is a product of misinformation...look above at the temperature history of the earth...look at where we are right now....tell me what you think is surprising about the fact that the earth is warming. Give me one reason to think that the long term climate trend will not be warming until such time as there is no ice at either pole with or without humans introducing CO2 into the atmosphere.

And again, regarding your better safe than sorry attitude...look back in history and over and over humans have found out that taking action when the complete picture is not known is not a good course of action...more often than not, people have ended up being sorry that they tried to stay safe....the problems they encounter from the better safe than sorry way of thinking are all to often worse than the problems, or non problems they would have faced had they taken no action. Taking action in an attempt to counter the unknown is never a good plan.

wildcard,

I don't take orders.

wildcard,
jc456,
Is this what things have come to? You making things up? I never said that I didn't know how to read graphs. I said I didn't know how to copy and past them to a reply for denier cultist like you to look at. Then you go on to talk about causal influence. Well duh! But the point is that most ovten in the past, CO2 followed temperatures. But these days, CO2 is leading the way. That can't be good.
sure, and some day maybe you could prove what you post. You have no evidence, none, nadda of any CO2 causing a climate or temperature change. As has been pointed out to you here, the past 18 year pause is an observed damning of your claim. While CO2 increased, temps stayed basically flat. So the cause is no where to be found. And as many on your side here have posted, at least you admit that CO2 follows temperature and to all of us is the only influence on the planet. So have a nice day and when you find that evidence you claim you have, that you don't, let us all know. :2up: :2up:

AGW is a farce, there is zero real science to support this religion.

CO2 does NOT drive climate.

Pollution does NOT equal AGW..
Kosh,
Like it or not, CO2 IS a greenhouse gas. And as has been shown in many ways, it is causing global temperatures to generally rise. As far as particulate pollution goes, it may help keep temperatures from rising as fast by keeping some sunlight from reaching the ground. Maybe that's how some of you deniers can sleep at night. Because if things gat as bad as they probably will, all the government has to do is send a couple ground penetrating hydrogen bombs crashing into a couple places where super volcanos exist. But that isn't much of a solution.

Forum List

Back