🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Humanist Progressive Leftists Attempting to Redefine Christianity...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
It's Time to Tell the Truth: Republicans Aren't Christians - Forward Progressives

"I’m a Christian, and these people damn sure don’t represent my faith. What they follow is some mix of Ayn Rand economic ideologies and a couple of select passages from the Bible."

Really?... And what exactly are you Progressives doing with the Bible?...

"As I’ve said before, whether you believe in Jesus Christ or not is not the issue, what he symbolized and his story aren’t really debatable. He spent his life helping the poor, sick and needy. He never once spoke about homosexuality or abortion. He embraced those from the lowest rungs of society by saying that those for whom much had been given, much is expected. He taught love, hope, compassion and forgiveness. He warned against those who would manipulate the word of God for their own selfish ambitions. He opposed greed and encouraged giving."

He never once spoke about Beastiality yet it is Spoken of with Less Harsh Words in Levitical Moral Law than Homosexuality is.

He also didn't say that being a Thief or a Whore was a great thing, did he?...

If Jesus said nothing about any given issue are we to Assume that it's perfectly acceptable?... It's an Absurd stance to take.

He DID Speak to Marriage though... Didn't he.

Always Conveniently LEFT out of these little "you're not a real Christian" and "Jesus didn't say this or that" Liberal Rants.

Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female [Genesis 1:27], and said, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh" [Genesis 2:24]? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder. - Matthew 19

It's really Difficult for those looking for what Jesus did or didn't say to read his very Words and Conclude anything but Man and Woman for Marriage.

But of course the Left isn't being Honest... And they aren't about being Christian either.

They are about tearing down any Barriers to whatever it is they want to do.

It's not simple enough for them to go about their Lives however they please in a Free Society...

Nope, they have to have Society OK it. Their Inherent lack of Validation in their own Lives and Choices and the Insecurity that it causes is so Obvious to everyone... But them.

It's pretty simple...

Jesus was a Jew. Until you show me where Jesus Deliberately went after Jewish Belief and specifically Moral Law and undid any of those things in Word or Action, it is Foolish to assert that because he didn't mention them that they are OK.

Because again, he never mentions Beastiality but his Jewish Faith did... Right along with Homosexuality.

So since Jesus didn't Condemn or Condone Beastiality it must be Perfectly OK, right along with Human/Animal Marriage.

This is the Tactic you Progressives are Employing... And most people see it. :thup:

If you don't like the Christian Bible, nobody is forcing you to Believe in it.

And I would be VERY Cautious when looking to add or subtract from it for your own Personal Political Gains in today's Pop Culture.

“If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no excuse for their sin” (John 15:22)

Jesus didn't speak to Specific Sins... And he didn't undo his own Judaism, it's Laws or Traditions in Word or Action. If you Assert that Jesus was OK with Homosexuality and Gay Marriage then you are really required to illustrate that he was, because everything about him and his Life says otherwise according to Scripture.

“They that are in health have no need of a physician; but they that are sick. I am not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance” (Luke 5:31-32).

Repent.

:)

peace...

"Another Gay Thread?..." :dunno:

"You sure start a lot of Gay Threads..."

"You've already been Defeated in this Argument over and over..."

^If that's what you are going to post, please move along... I would like to engage in some Honest Debate with People who Believe this way.

peace...

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

Same bigots, different day

[
Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female [Genesis 1:27], and said, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh" [Genesis 2:24]? So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder. - Matthew 19

That describes a marriage recognized by the church, not a civil marriage. God is not party to a civil marriage.

Wasn't Christianity redefined by Martin Luther?

Or by Joseph Smith?

"christianity" has been redefined uncountable times. Who knows how many times in the first 300 years alone before Constantine tried to codify it.

It's Time to Tell the Truth: Republicans Aren't Christians - Forward Progressives

"I’m a Christian, and these people damn sure don’t represent my faith. What they follow is some mix of Ayn Rand economic ideologies and a couple of select passages from the Bible."

Really?... And what exactly are you Progressives doing with the Bible?...

"As I’ve said before, whether you believe in Jesus Christ or not is not the issue, what he symbolized and his story aren’t really debatable. He spent his life helping the poor, sick and needy. He never once spoke about homosexuality or abortion. He embraced those from the lowest rungs of society by saying that those for whom much had been given, much is expected. He taught love, hope, compassion and forgiveness. He warned against those who would manipulate the word of God for their own selfish ambitions. He opposed greed and encouraged giving."

He never once spoke about Beastiality yet it is Spoken of with Less Harsh Words in Levitical Moral Law than Homosexuality is.

He also didn't say that being a Thief or a Whore was a great thing, did he?...

If Jesus said nothing about any given issue are we to Assume that it's perfectly acceptable?... It's an Absurd stance to take.

He DID Speak to Marriage though... Didn't he.

Always Conveniently LEFT out of these little "you're not a real Christian" and "Jesus didn't say this or that" Liberal Rants.

It's really Difficult for those looking for what Jesus did or didn't say to read his very Words and Conclude anything but Man and Woman for Marriage.

But of course the Left isn't being Honest... And they aren't about being Christian either.

They are about tearing down any Barriers to whatever it is they want to do.

It's not simple enough for them to go about their Lives however they please in a Free Society...

Nope, they have to have Society OK it. Their Inherent lack of Validation in their own Lives and Choices and the Insecurity that it causes is so Obvious to everyone... But them.

It's pretty simple...

Jesus was a Jew. Until you show me where Jesus Deliberately went after Jewish Belief and specifically Moral Law and undid any of those things in Word or Action, it is Foolish to assert that because he didn't mention them that they are OK.

Because again, he never mentions Beastiality but his Jewish Faith did... Right along with Homosexuality.

So since Jesus didn't Condemn or Condone Beastiality it must be Perfectly OK, right along with Human/Animal Marriage.

This is the Tactic you Progressives are Employing... And most people see it. :thup:

If you don't like the Christian Bible, nobody is forcing you to Believe in it.

And I would be VERY Cautious when looking to add or subtract from it for your own Personal Political Gains in today's Pop Culture.

“If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no excuse for their sin” (John 15:22)

Jesus didn't speak to Specific Sins... And he didn't undo his own Judaism, it's Laws or Traditions in Word or Action. If you Assert that Jesus was OK with Homosexuality and Gay Marriage then you are really required to illustrate that he was, because everything about him and his Life says otherwise according to Scripture.

“They that are in health have no need of a physician; but they that are sick. I am not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance” (Luke 5:31-32).

Repent.

peace...

Heaven forbid there's another version of Christianity. The 21,000-43,000 is more than enough.

[

That describes a marriage recognized by the church, not a civil marriage. God is not party to a civil marriage.

Not the point of my OP...

peace...

The point is that Biblical literalism is heresy and when carried to an extreme, apostasy.

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

How does a quote that no one mentioned have any relevance to this thread?

Wasn't Christianity redefined by Martin Luther?

Or by Joseph Smith?

Both defined it as the belief that Jesus Christ the Son of God became flesh, atoned and died for the sins of the world on the third day and resurrected, ensuring us all that we will also resurrect into immortality and obtain Eternal life.

Everything else is an appendage to that.

Historical reference to biblical justifications of bigotry? Very relevant.

What does Jesus speaking out against divorce have to do with consenting adult gays marrying?

What does Jesus speaking out against divorce have to do with consenting adult gays marrying?

In other words, you dont have a freaking clue so you are talking out of your @$$,

Jesus speaking of marriage being between a man and a woman has quite alot to do with gays marrying. I would think that would be pretty obvious.

In other words, you dont have a freaking clue so you are talking out of your @$$,

Jesus speaking of marriage being between a man and a woman has quite alot to do with gays marrying. I would think that would be pretty obvious.

Jesus was talking about divorce, that's it. Jesus is mum on the whole gay thing.

Jesus was talking about divorce, that's it. Jesus is mum on the whole gay thing.

He was mum on the who Beastiality thing which in the Jewish Moral Law he followed here on Earth was viewed only as Confusion by his Father... On other hand Homosexuality was viewed as Sin and Abomination.

Apparently you Believe that Jesus was OK with Fucking Dogs... Got it.

peace...

There is only one way to become "One Flesh"...

It's the same thing the Court was referring to when it called Marriage "Fundamental to our Very Existence and Survival"...

The Deviants Refuse to Acknowledge what is.

NO (2) Women can EVER be a Father to a Child.

The Facts are there... They are not up for Debate, yet the Deviants Persist.

peace...

Simply can NOT be Countered because they are Facts. :thup:

peace...

Forum List

Back