🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hunger Strikes Escalate 12 Detainees On Hunger Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Israel there are 1,724,200 Hungry civilians

There are nearly 880,000 poor children in Israel.

So take the food that they don't want, and give them to poverty foundations, like Meir Panim. Those will be happy to give the food to those who really need it.

maybe israel should buy more bananas and less banana clips.

it would help the childers on both sides.

When Rabs love their children as much as they hate Jews, Israelis won't need banana clips.

"PA refuses to assist in deportation of prisoners"

Issa Qaraqei, the Palestinian Authority's Minister of Prisoners' Affairs, Issa Qaraqei, has refused to cooperate with the Israelis in the deportation of Samer Issawi and Ayman Sharawna. It is reported that Israel has said that it could either deport Samer Al-Issawi and Ayman El-Sharawna or re-impose the sentences they were serving, when released as part of the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange deal.

""We do not plan to consider the deportation because it is a war crime and is condemned by international humanitarian law and the Geneva Conventions," said Qaraqei. He added that the solution proposed by Israel is unacceptable and arbitrary in both its options. Israel, he insisted, retains responsibility for the hunger strikers' lives and health. The men are protesting against what they believe was their illegal rearrest. According to the minister, the Israeli government is trying to blackmail the PA by asking Palestinians to choose between a rock and a hard place."

According to Qaraqei, the Israelis have already "re-sentenced" two other freed prisoners, Youssef Shetwei and Mahmoud Tim to 9 years and 10 years in prison respectively

PA refuses to assist in deportation of prisoners

Sherri

Thanks for getting us back on topic-track :cool:

While he is on his hunger strike, he is all of those things. Do I control his choices tomorrow? No But, today he is these things. And neither of us really knows the extent of his involvement in violence in the past. The fact is Israel punishes all resistance to Occupation, nonviolent and violent, in the same way. They try them in military courts where the conviction rate is 99 percent, they use coerced confessions obtained after torture of detainees, the entire trial process is a farce and devoid of justice.

What does the Rapture have to do with this? I believe that was an invention of misguided men in the 1800s.

So did you go to the Voice of the Martyrs Meeting you said you were going to attend? What did you think? Did it open your eyes to the persecution of the church and where that persecution is coming from?? - Jeremiah

Jeremiah,

Yes, I went and it was amazing. But not like you are thinking, it is not about demonizing anyone. I listened to a woman speak, her and her husband were missionaries in the Phillipines, and she was kidnapped with her husband and others from an island in the Phillipines, by an extremist Muslim group supposedly with ties to Osama Bin Ladin. And it happened the same year of 9/11. They were kidnapped for over a year, during which time they were trying to outrun the government forces chasing them through the jungles. Then, they were in a shootout and her husband was killed and she was injured and rescued. But the most amazing part of the story was what happened since then. Later, she found the 23 men who had kidnapped her and her husband in prisons, I do not even think it was an intentional search, the way she explained how it happened, and she started writing them and sending them money for simple things they needed in prison. Four of the men became Christians through Christian ministries in prisons. she has agreed to pay for the education of two children of one of the men who kidnapped her and her husband. And her story is about loving the enemy, forgiving and loving the enemy. She said when they were kidnapped she had so many negative feelings and she and her husband started praying for God to give them love for the ones who kidnapped them, and for God to give them peace, and God answered their prayers. So, that is what mission work is, it is going where God takes you and loving the ones He puts in front of you to love. And its about forgiving and loving the enemy. She said she used to pray to be rescued, they were always hungry, conditions were horrible, and she would ask God, how long. And eventually God led her to Revelation 6, and she realized the martyrs will keep dying until the last one is saved who will be saved. And, then, Jesus will return. It is the blood of the martyrs that saves. And I never undertood the truth about that verse in that way before I listened to this woman speak. It is like there was so much pain and so much love and so much emotion in every word she spoke, as if she was going to burst into tears as she spoke each word, but she did not, there was so emotion in her story, I was sitting at the front of the church and just crying through it all.

This speaker was Gracia Burnham.

"Gracia Burnham (born January 17, 1959, Cairo, Illinois) and her husband Martin were American Protestant missionaries in the Philippines with the New Tribes Mission for 17 years from 1986. The couple was among a larger group kidnapped by the Abu Sayyaf, an Islamist separatist and terrorist group operating in the southern Philippines, on May 27, 2001. While most of the group were freed after ransoms were paid and several beheaded, the Burnhams were in captivity for a year and a few days. The kidnappers demanded ₱45,000,000 for their release. A ransom of ₱15,000,000 was paid, yet the kidnappers refused to release them. During the eventual rescue attempt by the Philippine Army on June 7, 2002, Martin was killed by three gunshots in the chest and Gracia was wounded in her right leg. Since her release and the death of her husband, Gracia Burnham has returned to the United States with their three children. She has written two books about her experiences, In the Presence of my Enemies (2003) and To Fly Again (2005). She has also set up the Martin and Gracia Burnham Foundation.... Gracia and Martin were graduates of Calvary Bible College in Kansas City, Missouri."

Gracia Burnham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sherri
Almost as exciting as watching a pissant eating a bale of hay.

I'm still baffled at how some people fight this with the Koran in one hand, a crucifix in the other....:cuckoo:

I guess I am not surprised you do not get what missions work is about. I cannot open eyes of the blind and give you sight.

As I am not a Muslim or an Islamic, I am fully aware of the purpose of missionary work!

A large part of missionary work, apart from the humanitarian aspect, is devoted to proselytism, which intends to gain converts into Christianity. The penalty for apostasy for Muslims can be death ... and for obvious reasons missionaries don't exist in Islamists countries!

I can see that missionaries should be allowed in all Muslim countries in order to be a counter balance against the barbaric Islamists!

one more thing

I've already seen the Light .... but is a very different one to yours!

Actually, Skye, today there are missionaries in all of these restricted nations but they move around setting up underground churches, getting assistance for pastors & their families & materials through VOM - they get them bibles in their languages, - arabic, farsi, etc. there are even missionaries that cross into NK knowing that they aren't coming back out. Iran has a huge underground church now. None of the details of that information is ever made public in their newsletters, website. - Jeremiah

"PA refuses to assist in deportation of prisoners"

Issa Qaraqei, the Palestinian Authority's Minister of Prisoners' Affairs, Issa Qaraqei, has refused to cooperate with the Israelis in the deportation of Samer Issawi and Ayman Sharawna. It is reported that Israel has said that it could either deport Samer Al-Issawi and Ayman El-Sharawna or re-impose the sentences they were serving, when released as part of the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange deal.

""We do not plan to consider the deportation because it is a war crime and is condemned by international humanitarian law and the Geneva Conventions," said Qaraqei. He added that the solution proposed by Israel is unacceptable and arbitrary in both its options. Israel, he insisted, retains responsibility for the hunger strikers' lives and health. The men are protesting against what they believe was their illegal rearrest. According to the minister, the Israeli government is trying to blackmail the PA by asking Palestinians to choose between a rock and a hard place."

According to Qaraqei, the Israelis have already "re-sentenced" two other freed prisoners, Youssef Shetwei and Mahmoud Tim to 9 years and 10 years in prison respectively

PA refuses to assist in deportation of prisoners

Sherri

I have yet to see where this story has been corroborated. Nevertheless, there is no discussion whether the Israeli's are holding these prisoners illegally. If this official spoke to the sentencing he should have stated if the detentions were illegal in accordance with the terms of the prisoner release as to Samer if no one else.

I guess I am not surprised you do not get what missions work is about. I cannot open eyes of the blind and give you sight.

As I am not a Muslim or an Islamic, I am fully aware of the purpose of missionary work!

A large part of missionary work, apart from the humanitarian aspect, is devoted to proselytism, which intends to gain converts into Christianity. The penalty for apostasy for Muslims can be death ... and for obvious reasons missionaries don't exist in Islamists countries!

I can see that missionaries should be allowed in all Muslim countries in order to be a counter balance against the barbaric Islamists!

one more thing

Actually, Skye, today there are missionaries in all of these restricted nations but they move around setting up underground churches, getting assistance for pastors & their families & materials through VOM - they get them bibles in their languages, - arabic, farsi, etc. there are even missionaries that cross into NK knowing that they aren't coming back out. Iran has a huge underground church now. None of the details of that information is ever made public in their newsletters, website. - Jeremiah

Didn't know that about NK... and those missionaries must be very courageous people, willing to risk life and limb going into those hotbeds of islamic terrorism.

Just now reading on my Facebook Prayer group page that another prisoner has died in captivity, I do not have his name yet or details. Will post when I find out more. Sherri

Just now reading on my Facebook Prayer group page that another prisoner has died in captivity, I do not have his name yet or details. Will post when I find out more. Sherri

Any mention of the thousands of pallies slaughtered by their own arabs in Syria? No, I didn't think so The religion of death

So far, I am reading about a prisoner who died in PA custody. Maan report. This might be the prisoner they are speaking of. WILL update when I find out more.

So far, I am reading about a prisoner who died in PA custody. Maan report. This might be the prisoner they are speaking of. WILL update when I find out more.

How many thousands of pallies have been slaughtered in Syria by your own muslims?

Hunger Strikes Escalate 12 Detainees On Hunger Strike

by ADDAMEER - Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association 2/26/2013

Hunger Strikes Escalate 12 Detainees On Hunger Strike - International Middle East Media Center

Detainee Ayman Sharawna (36 years old) from Dura Al Khalil: Sharawna started his hunger strike on July 1, 2012 in protest of his re-arrest under Article 186 of Military Order 1651.

Detainee Samer Al-Issawi (33 years old) from Issawiya, Jerusalem: The Israeli Occupying Forces (IOF) re-arrested Issawi on July 7, 2012. He has been on hunger strike for over 200 days in protest of his arbitrary re-arrest.

Administrative Detainees Jafar Azzidine (41 years old) and Tarek Qa’adan (40 years old), from Araba, Jenin: Azzidine and Qa’adan started their hunger strike on 28 November 2012, in protest of their administrative detention orders. On February 24, 2013, they were transferred from Ramleh Prison Clinic to Asaf Harove Hospital as their health condition seriously deteriorated after their refusal to drink water. They have a hearing tomorrow, to confirm a three month renewal of their administrative detentions, that will be at the hospital due to their fragile health and their inability to move.

There are 8 new hunger striker prisoners:

Detainee Mona Qa'adan from Araba, Jenin: Qa'adan entered a hunger strike on February 20, 2013 in support of her detained brother, Tarek Qa'adan, who is also on hunger strike. She is presently in isolation as punishment for having joined the hunger strike.

Prisoner Maher Abdellatif Younis, age 54, the longest serving Palestinian prisoner in the Occupation’s jails: Younis began his hunger strike on February 24, 2013 and is currently in Gilboa Prison. He announced his strike with the goal of shedding light on the issue of pre-Oslo prisoners (who currently number 109), and the necessity of their release en masse without appeal. He has spent over 30 years behind bars.

Administrative detainee Hazem Al-Tawil, resident of the city of Al-Khalil (Hebron): He entered an open hunger strike on February 20, 2013 after one day of detention in protest of the issuing of a six-month administrative detention order against him. He previously spent 1 1/2 years in administrative detentions.

Detainee Samer Al-Barq (38 years old) from Jayyous, Qalqilia: He has been administratively detained since February 24, 2010. He has participated in prior hunger strikes, as well.

Addameer learned that detained Younis Al-Hroub announced a hunger strike in protest of his administrative detention. Prisoners Ayman Saker, Sofian Rabie and Omar Dar Ayyoub announced an open hunger strike in support of the other striking prisoners

Sherri
GOOD!......Hopefully they all die, and get to go on and meet the 72 homosexual virgins that supposedly await the terrorist pieces of shit.

But, they may have to wait in line for a bit after arriving.....I'm sure those 72 homosexual virgins are a lil' busy, reaming the shit out o' bin Laden's now well worn asshole.

No love for the 1000+ pallies killed in Syria by the religion of death?
Syria: NGO says war causes 1000 Palestinian deaths - Syria - ANSAMed.it

Reading these posts and human beings laughing about others dying, I cannot help but think about the crowds who watched as Jesus was crucified and their cheers and their laughter and their mocking and cruel and inhumane words. It is kind of like each of the posters here by their words they write are crucifying Jesus one more time! We see the choices to love or to hate are the same now as then and many still making that second choice. Sherri
Stop invoking the name of Jesus, in your abject support of terrorist scum...you loony, phoney, terrorist loving asshole.

Statistics

Type of Prisoner

Number of Prisoners

Total number of political prisoners 4,812

Administrative detainees 178 (9 PLC members)

Female prisoners 12

Child prisoners 219 (31 under the age of 16)

Palestinian Legislative Council members 15

East Jerusalem prisoners 179

1948 Territories prisoners 185

Gaza prisoners 437

Prisoners serving life sentences 531

Prisoners serving a sentence above 20 years 456

Prisoners having served for more than 25 years 23

Prisoners having served for more than 20 years 72

Prisoners detained before Oslo Agreements 109

Detention%20Chart%20Feb%202013.png

http://www.addameer.org/userfiles/image/Detention Chart Feb 2013.png

Detentions of children are rising.

Addameer includes on their website, quartely newsletters addressing prisoner's issues, that is very informative.

I am reading this about Israel's regular practice of attacking prisoners inside prisons they maintain. In the past, I have viewed some videos that show many atrocities committed of this nature, that have even resulted in documented deaths of prisoners in the past.

Night Raids and Attacks on Prisoners Continue

"Addameer documented ten raids on prison cells in the last quarter. Two Israeli special units called Natshon and Metseda, often raid the prison cells in the middle of the night, using the excuse of searching for contraband, and use the opportunity to attack the prisoners and confiscate their property.

In September 2012, two sections in Askalan Prison were raided by twenty heavily armed soldiers. The raid lasted for six hours, during which the prisoners spent the entire time shackled. Two prisoners, Mahmoud Abu Hawwa and Yacoub Al Haj were punished with solitary confinement • On 12 October 2012, one section in Shatta Prison was raided, and twenty prisoners were beaten with the butts of rifles and three put in solitary confinement. The IPS threatened to impose more punishments and monetary fines on the prisoners because one IOF soldier was injured during the raid. • On 26 December 2012, a freed prisoner reported to Addameer that Huwwara Detention Center was raided nearly every night during the length of his detention. During the surprise raids, the detainees would be taken into the prison yard despite the freezing temperatures and stood against a wall with their hands up for the entirety of the raid. The cells would be ransacked, possessions and beds broken and items confiscated. Strip searches were also conducted nightly, and prisoners with health or medical problems would be taunted. • On 27 December 2012, the special units attacked sections of the Nafha Prison, including badly beating detainee Hamzeh Taqtouq and placing him in solitary confinement. • On 5 January 2013, a prison in the Negev was raided in the middle of the night. The detainees were forced to stand outside in the prison yard while the IPS raided the rooms and destroyed and confiscated property,"

Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association - ADDAMEER - Latest Quarterly Update on Palestinian Prisoners (1 September 2012 – 15 January 2013)

Sherri

Reading these posts and human beings laughing about others dying, I cannot help but think about the crowds who watched as Jesus was crucified and their cheers and their laughter and their mocking and cruel and inhumane words. It is kind of like each of the posters here by their words they write are crucifying Jesus one more time! We see the choices to love or to hate are the same now as then and many still making that second choice. Sherri
Stop invoking the name of Jesus, in your abject support of terrorist scum...you loony, phoney, terrorist loving asshole.

Wicked One,

Since when do followers of Jesus support human rights abuses liike those occurring in Israel's torture dungeons?

When you show me where Jesus says he supports these vile practices, I will support them, too! There is your challenge! Show me where Jesus calls His followers to support crimes agaisnt humanity like I am disclosing!?????????????????????????????????????????

Sherri

one more thing

Didn't know that about NK... and those missionaries must be very courageous people, willing to risk life and limb going into those hotbeds of islamic terrorism.

And since when have there been hotbeds of Islamic terrorism in North Korea?

And since when have there been hotbeds of Islamic terrorism in North Korea?

Islamic terrorism is redundant. Just like Muhammad and pedophile are redundant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back