🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Hunger Strikes Escalate 12 Detainees On Hunger Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still baffled at how some people fight this with the Koran in one hand, a crucifix in the other....:cuckoo:

In Israel there are 1,724,200 Hungry civilians

There are nearly 880,000 poor children in Israel.

So take the food that they don't want, and give them to poverty foundations, like Meir Panim. Those will be happy to give the food to those who really need it.

I'm still baffled at how some people fight this with the Koran in one hand, a crucifix in the other....:cuckoo:

I guess I am not surprised you do not get what missions work is about. I cannot open eyes of the blind and give you sight.

While he is on his hunger strike, he is all of those things. Do I control his choices tomorrow? No But, today he is these things. And neither of us really knows the extent of his involvement in violence in the past. The fact is Israel punishes all resistance to Occupation, nonviolent and violent, in the same way. They try them in military courts where the conviction rate is 99 percent, they use coerced confessions obtained after torture of detainees, the entire trial process is a farce and devoid of justice.

What does the Rapture have to do with this? I believe that was an invention of misguided men in the 1800s.

So did you go to the Voice of the Martyrs Meeting you said you were going to attend? What did you think? Did it open your eyes to the persecution of the church and where that persecution is coming from?? - Jeremiah

Jeremiah,

Yes, I went and it was amazing. But not like you are thinking, it is not about demonizing anyone. I listened to a woman speak, her and her husband were missionaries in the Phillipines, and she was kidnapped with her husband and others from an island in the Phillipines, by an extremist Muslim group supposedly with ties to Osama Bin Ladin. And it happened the same year of 9/11. They were kidnapped for over a year, during which time they were trying to outrun the government forces chasing them through the jungles. Then, they were in a shootout and her husband was killed and she was injured and rescued. But the most amazing part of the story was what happened since then. Later, she found the 23 men who had kidnapped her and her husband in prisons, I do not even think it was an intentional search, the way she explained how it happened, and she started writing them and sending them money for simple things they needed in prison. Four of the men became Christians through Christian ministries in prisons. she has agreed to pay for the education of two children of one of the men who kidnapped her and her husband. And her story is about loving the enemy, forgiving and loving the enemy. She said when they were kidnapped she had so many negative feelings and she and her husband started praying for God to give them love for the ones who kidnapped them, and for God to give them peace, and God answered their prayers. So, that is what mission work is, it is going where God takes you and loving the ones He puts in front of you to love. And its about forgiving and loving the enemy. She said she used to pray to be rescued, they were always hungry, conditions were horrible, and she would ask God, how long. And eventually God led her to Revelation 6, and she realized the martyrs will keep dying until the last one is saved who will be saved. And, then, Jesus will return. It is the blood of the martyrs that saves. And I never undertood the truth about that verse in that way before I listened to this woman speak. It is like there was so much pain and so much love and so much emotion in every word she spoke, as if she was going to burst into tears as she spoke each word, but she did not, there was so emotion in her story, I was sitting at the front of the church and just crying through it all.

This speaker was Gracia Burnham.

"Gracia Burnham (born January 17, 1959, Cairo, Illinois) and her husband Martin were American Protestant missionaries in the Philippines with the New Tribes Mission for 17 years from 1986. The couple was among a larger group kidnapped by the Abu Sayyaf, an Islamist separatist and terrorist group operating in the southern Philippines, on May 27, 2001. While most of the group were freed after ransoms were paid and several beheaded, the Burnhams were in captivity for a year and a few days. The kidnappers demanded ₱45,000,000 for their release. A ransom of ₱15,000,000 was paid, yet the kidnappers refused to release them. During the eventual rescue attempt by the Philippine Army on June 7, 2002, Martin was killed by three gunshots in the chest and Gracia was wounded in her right leg. Since her release and the death of her husband, Gracia Burnham has returned to the United States with their three children. She has written two books about her experiences, In the Presence of my Enemies (2003) and To Fly Again (2005). She has also set up the Martin and Gracia Burnham Foundation.... Gracia and Martin were graduates of Calvary Bible College in Kansas City, Missouri."

Gracia Burnham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sherri

It is a small world, Sherri, isn't it? I am truly glad you were able to hear Gracia speak. The missionary base that was standing with them through their captivity is located in Sanford, Fla. I met the people who work there and visited their offices years ago. I also know Tom Price who is the head of VOM and was once a POW himself years ago. I've been a member of VOM for about 12 years now at which time I became a sponsor to a family. It is a very rewarding experience to be a part of VOM.
The founder of VOM is in heaven now. His name was Richard Wurmbrand. He was a friend of Dumitru Duduman and his grandson Michael Boldea. ( that is another outreach you should google - Helping hands ministry - Michael Boldea - Based in Romania ) Wurmbrand survived over 17 years in a communist prison and witnessed first hand the atrocities commited against all who were in there with him, baptists, catholics, non denominational christians, even communists who had been turned on by their comrades all were subjected to torture. He survived and out of his experience Voice of the Martyrs was birthed.

I'm happy for you, Sherri, that you became involved with this ministry and I believe it was a divine appointment for you. I hope you continue to be involved with VOM because I have a feeling God could use you in that ministry mightily. ....and later on I believe God he will work it out that even your husband will even join you in the ministry. I can tell by your reply that you rely connected with the ministry. Fantastic news! - Jeremiah

I guess I am not surprised you do not get what missions work is about. I cannot open eyes of the blind and give you sight.

As I am not a Muslim or an Islamic, I am fully aware of the purpose of missionary work!

A large part of missionary work, apart from the humanitarian aspect, is devoted to proselytism, which intends to gain converts into Christianity. The penalty for apostasy for Muslims can be death ... and for obvious reasons missionaries don't exist in Islamists countries!

I can see that missionaries should be allowed in all Muslim countries in order to be a counter balance against the barbaric Islamists!

one more thing

I've already seen the Light .... but is a very different one to yours!

As I am not a Muslim or an Islamic, I am fully aware of the purpose of missionary work!

A large part of missionary work, apart from the humanitarian aspect, is devoted to proselytism, which intends to gain converts into Christianity. The penalty for apostasy for Muslims can be death ... and for obvious reasons missionaries don't exist in Islamists countries!

I can see that missionaries should be allowed in all Muslim countries in order to be a counter balance against the barbaric Islamists!

one more thing

The Koran teaches to hate Christians. Muslims are merely following their scripture :eek:

one more thing

The Koran teaches to hate Christians. Muslims are merely following their scripture :eek:

Exactly!

that's why I say I do not understand how some can have both a crucifix and a Koran on either hand ...... it's like having multiple personalities!:confused:

one more thing

Exactly!

that's why I say I do not understand how some can have both a crucifix and a Koran on either hand ...... it's like having multiple personalities!:confused:

That's funny because the Koran teaches that Jesus [Isa] wasn't even crucified, it was really an imposter. Those wacky Muslims :lol:

one more thing

That is not true. In Iran, for example, Christians and Jews are seen as people of the Book and they are allowed to practice their religions within their religious communities. Muslims are not taught to hate Christians or Jews. My husband was raised as a Muslim and he lived in a town in Iran and he went to school with Jews who lived in that town, and there were Christians in a nearby community. He was not taught to hate either group. They had separate religious classes, but otherwise were taught together, the children, within the schools.

I have to tell you, Sherri, that if you get involved with VOM I cannot see anyway possible God will not save your husband and have him join you. It could be the very vehicle he will use to bring him in. VOM is the main ministry to 3rd world nations that are in the middle east & asia. That is their target zone - the 10/40 window - India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, they are in there and are making a greater change than once imagined even possible for one ministry.

If anyone wants to know of an excellent ministry to donate their money, time to I cannot think of a better one than VOM for an outreach. It is changing the world.

- Jeremiah

Note ** They also have training for teams who go into North Korea. The missionaries that lay down their lives for that assignment are told their life expectancy is about 60 days from the time they cross the border so they go knowing it is a one way trip. VOM is an on the frontlines ministry.

Last edited:

Exactly!

That's funny because the Koran teaches that Jesus [Isa] wasn't even crucified, it was really an imposter. Those wacky Muslims :lol:

The Koran teaches that Jesus was one of the prophets. Prophets are less wacky than holy zombies.

Exactly!

The Koran teaches that Jesus was one of the prophets. Prophets are less wacky than holy zombies.

The Koran teaches that Jesus was a muslim. Only one problem: Islam didn't exist until 600 years after Jesus :lol:

To Sherri: I don't know if Gracia Burnam would mention it or not but at the time she and Martin were down there being held in captivity - it was the home base for Al Qaeda. Many do not know that. They were in a hot zone. - Jeremiah

one more thing

That is not true. In Iran, for example, Christians and Jews are seen as people of the Book and they are allowed to practice their religions within their religious communities. Muslims are not taught to hate Christians or Jews. My husband was raised as a Muslim and he lived in a town in Iran and he went to school with Jews who lived in that town, and there were Christians in a nearby community. He was not taught to hate either group. They had separate religious classes, but otherwise were taught together, the children, within the schools.

Big deal! Islam believes all other religions are heretics and at very best should be considered as dhimmis or inferior, to be tolerated as second class citizens!

The reality of course, is much worse in that in the Islamic countries all other religions have either been completely driven out or seriously persecuted, even to the extent of injure and death!

You will never win us over with your maudlin accounts of your private life which are not typical for most muslim countries and certainly not Islam.

Christians and Jews are seen as people of the Book and they are allowed to practice their religions within their religious communities. Muslims are not taught to hate Christians or Jews.

The Koran sez otherwise...

Koran 5:51 O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as friends. They are but friends to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as friends, then surely he is one of them.

It's funny how these seem to devolve into Muslim (or Jew bashing threads) when the Palestinians while majority Sunni Muslim are also Christian, Jew, Druze, Bahai. A lot of the Palestinian Jews became Israeli citizens as did many of the Druze but it doesn't alter the fact that they were Palestinians.

Christians and Jews are seen as people of the Book and they are allowed to practice their religions within their religious communities. Muslims are not taught to hate Christians or Jews.

The Koran sez otherwise...

Koran 5:51 O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as friends. They are but friends to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as friends, then surely he is one of them.

Cherry picking the Koran is not a recommended method of understanding it, any more than it is for the Bible. It just makes you look ignorant.:cuckoo:

What does any of this have to do with the Palestinians on hunger strikes in Israeli prisons?

It's funny how these seem to devolve into Muslim (or Jew bashing threads) when the Palestinians while majority Sunni Muslim are also Christian, Jew, Druze, Bahai. A lot of the Palestinian Jews became Israeli citizens as did many of the Druze but it doesn't alter the fact that they were Palestinians.

99% of Pallies are Muslims. The name palestinian is a European invention.

"PA refuses to assist in deportation of prisoners"

Issa Qaraqei, the Palestinian Authority's Minister of Prisoners' Affairs, Issa Qaraqei, has refused to cooperate with the Israelis in the deportation of Samer Issawi and Ayman Sharawna. It is reported that Israel has said that it could either deport Samer Al-Issawi and Ayman El-Sharawna or re-impose the sentences they were serving, when released as part of the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange deal.

""We do not plan to consider the deportation because it is a war crime and is condemned by international humanitarian law and the Geneva Conventions," said Qaraqei. He added that the solution proposed by Israel is unacceptable and arbitrary in both its options. Israel, he insisted, retains responsibility for the hunger strikers' lives and health. The men are protesting against what they believe was their illegal rearrest. According to the minister, the Israeli government is trying to blackmail the PA by asking Palestinians to choose between a rock and a hard place."

According to Qaraqei, the Israelis have already "re-sentenced" two other freed prisoners, Youssef Shetwei and Mahmoud Tim to 9 years and 10 years in prison respectively

PA refuses to assist in deportation of prisoners

Sherri

In Israel there are 1,724,200 Hungry civilians

There are nearly 880,000 poor children in Israel.

So take the food that they don't want, and give them to poverty foundations, like Meir Panim. Those will be happy to give the food to those who really need it.

maybe israel should buy more bananas and less banana clips.

it would help the childers on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back