Hunters....you still think they don't want your guns too......banning lead ammo...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
My friend who is a hunter says he doesn't care if they ban handguns.....he still has his shotgun for hunting....and I asked him...do you really think they don't mind your shotgun...and that they won't come for that as soon as hand guns get banned? And I would point out.....they will use environentalists and animal rights extremists to get that shotgun......and here is one step.....making hunting more expensive...by banning the ammo they use.......

California Officially Bans Hunters From Using Lead Bullets The Daily Caller

The National Shooting Sports Foundation released a survey last year saying that “higher ammunition prices will drive 36 percent of California hunters to stop hunting or reduce their participation.”

What was the main reason for stopping or reducing hunting? A 300 percent price difference between lead bullets and non-lead bullets, depending on the type of round. Non-lead bullets make up only a small percentage of the ammunition market and manufacturers say they would have a hard time ramping up production of this ammo without serious price increases.

Perhaps because anything covered by lead cannot be detected by GPS? They could melt that lead down. What I have heard before - there are many hunters who have buried weapons and ammo and sealed it in coffins - with lead over the top - I believe the lead in the dental vests they put on people for x rays is the same idea - it cannot be penetrated - which is why they banned lead weights for fishing also. The One World Gov folks want complete control and anything lead is going to be a serious problem for them tracking down metals - hidden ammo - etc. Does that make sense to you?

Good. No excuse for using lead.

The big problem is that far too many hunters have ingested far too much lead.

If you get my drift.

Good. No excuse for using lead.

The big problem is that far too many hunters have ingested far too much lead.

If you get my drift.

Except the feds consider non-lead rounds to be armor piercing, and regulate who can make them. So when the ban goes into effect, and the feds haven't loosened regs on non-lead bullets, California just created a de facto hunting ban, which I think was the intent all a long.

How about you pony up the extra 300% cost of non lead bullets so hunters can afford to keep hunting?

I doubt you are the type to put your money where your mouth is.

And you wonder why gun owners don't trust you clowns.

I think it is more about their desire to ban lead altogether. It is an obstacle to their one world agenda - control over the population - it would prevent GPS from being able to see everything beneath the ground - etc.

Lead shot has been banned for waterfowl hunting for years.
The birds eat it thinking it's gravel for their gizzards and get lead poisoning.
Now if they try and ban all lead ammo I'm going to have a problem with it and will consider it a backdoor attack on the 2nd.

There was lead in the days of the civil war and the birds seem to have gotten on just fine. It's an excuse. I'm telling you the govt. cares about as much for birds now as they did when the oil spill in gulf happened and EPA went silent and no one in the Government opened their mouth on behalf of "the birds".... or the fish for that matter.........

Not even when they "solved the problem" by dumping the highly toxic Corexit into the waters of the Gulf and sunk the oil to the floor of the gulf. Out of sight? Out of mind. Do you really believe these people care about the environment? Only long enough to seize all of our rights.

My friend who is a hunter says he doesn't care if they ban handguns.....he still has his shotgun for hunting....and I asked him...do you really think they don't mind your shotgun...and that they won't come for that as soon as hand guns get banned? And I would point out.....they will use environentalists and animal rights extremists to get that shotgun......and here is one step.....making hunting more expensive...by banning the ammo they use.......

The National Shooting Sports Foundation released a survey last year saying that “higher ammunition prices will drive 36 percent of California hunters to stop hunting or reduce their participation.”

What was the main reason for stopping or reducing hunting? A 300 percent price difference between lead bullets and non-lead bullets, depending on the type of round. Non-lead bullets make up only a small percentage of the ammunition market and manufacturers say they would have a hard time ramping up production of this ammo without serious price increases.
Do you know why they have banned lead bullets in California?

Do you know why lead shot was banned for hunting waterfowl?

Perhaps because anything covered by lead cannot be detected by GPS? They could melt that lead down. What I have heard before - there are many hunters who have buried weapons and ammo and sealed it in coffins - with lead over the top - I believe the lead in the dental vests they put on people for x rays is the same idea - it cannot be penetrated - which is why they banned lead weights for fishing also. The One World Gov folks want complete control and anything lead is going to be a serious problem for them tracking down metals - hidden ammo - etc. Does that make sense to you?
You have no idea why lead has been banned for waterfowl hunting, in California, and for fishing weights, do you?

You must have dined on lead paint chips as a child. This should give you a hint.

The birds eat it thinking it's gravel for their gizzards and get lead poisoning.
Now if they try and ban all lead ammo I'm going to have a problem with it and will consider it a backdoor attack on the 2nd.
Saving the condor is worth banning lead bullets in California.

If it is only an excuse that would be one thing, but, significant numbers of dead condors had lead fragments in them, from eating discarded game waste with lead fragments in it.

I think it is more about their desire to ban lead altogether. It is an obstacle to their one world agenda - control over the population - it would prevent GPS from being able to see everything beneath the ground - etc.
:rolleyes:

Saving the condor is worth banning lead bullets in California.

If it is only an excuse that would be one thing, but, significant numbers of dead condors had lead fragments in them, from eating discarded game waste with lead fragments in it.

If they want to ban lead ammo only for hunting I can understand that.
It's not like you're out there firing off thousands of rounds to shoot a deer so cost isnt really a factor.
I will however have a problem if they try to outlaw all lead ammo...unless they only do it in Kalifornia,then I wouldnt give a rats ass because they deserve what they get.

How about you pony up the extra 300% cost of non lead bullets so hunters can afford to keep hunting?
300%? Not according to this.

Bullet Types

Screw the crybabies, what right do they have to pollute the forests anyway?

So there is zero naturally existing lead in forests? So a few bullets (the ones that miss mind you) spread among the tons of top soil causes catastrophic "pollution"?

How about the people supporting this create a fund to subsidize the increased cost? How about they also lobby the feds to lift the restrictions on non-lead bullets?

Maybe its because gun control is the primary cause, and "teh enviornments" is just a convenient ploy?

Forum List

Back