Hypocrisy at the heart of the anti abortionist argument

A new survey shows what really interests 'pro-lifers': controlling women | Jill Filipovic

According to self-identified “pro-life” advocates, the fundamental divide between those who want to outlaw abortion and those who want to keep it legal comes down to one question: when does life begin? Anti-abortion advocacy pushes the view that life begins at conception; the name of their movement carefully centers the conceit that opposition to abortion rights is simply about wanting to save human lives.

A new poll shows that’s a lie. The “pro-life” movement is fundamentally about misogyny.

A Supermajority/PerryUndem survey released this week divides respondents by their position on abortion, and then tracks their answers to 10 questions on gender equality more generally. On every question, anti-abortion voters were significantly more hostile to gender equity than pro-choice voters.

I have always thought that it is more about punishing "sluts" and this confirms it. The article is pretty much nailed on but it refers to these extremists as "Christian".

Do me a favour.

This article does not nail anything it misses by a mile.

Take a close look at the questions raised on the survey they are actually ideological questions and reflect feminist beliefs as opposed to general beliefs in equality.

For example it claims it is misogynistic to believe or claim that women are too sensitive. It is not misogynistic at all.

It asks if lack of women in positions of power affects women's equality. It does not.

Clearly the survey cited in the article is made to generate pre conceived conclusions based on extremist ideology

Therefore your op is a failure
You make several shaky assumptions there.They reflect the general findings of the survey.
I stated several facts there.

The findings of the survey was based on biased and false assumptions is the point
I dont see that. The questions are relevant whether you like them or not.
Sorry wrong they are not and that is absolute fact.

You are simply as stupid and biased as the reg regressive shit heads who designed the survey
Its their survey so they can ask any questions that they want.
Lets say that they believe that pro lifers are hypocritical misogynists and ask questions that might support that view. There is no guarantee that they will get the answers they expect. The fact that they did is no shock is it ? The answers on this thread bear this out.

This article does not nail anything it misses by a mile.

Take a close look at the questions raised on the survey they are actually ideological questions and reflect feminist beliefs as opposed to general beliefs in equality.

For example it claims it is misogynistic to believe or claim that women are too sensitive. It is not misogynistic at all.

It asks if lack of women in positions of power affects women's equality. It does not.

Clearly the survey cited in the article is made to generate pre conceived conclusions based on extremist ideology

Therefore your op is a failure
You make several shaky assumptions there.They reflect the general findings of the survey.

The findings of the survey was based on biased and false assumptions is the point

You are simply as stupid and biased as the reg regressive shit heads who designed the survey
Lets say that they believe that pro lifers are hypocritical misogynists and ask questions that might support that view. There is no guarantee that they will get the answers they expect. The fact that they did is no shock is it ? The answers on this thread bear this out.
Yes they can ask any questions they like.

However they cannot honestly claim that the results are definitive when the questions they chose to ask are biased and rooted in shallow ideology

When one rigs the questions as they did the results are not valid

However they cannot honestly claim that the results are definitive when the questions they chose to ask are biased and rooted in shallow ideology

What questions should they ask ?

Unbiased questions

A new survey shows what really interests 'pro-lifers': controlling women | Jill Filipovic

According to self-identified “pro-life” advocates, the fundamental divide between those who want to outlaw abortion and those who want to keep it legal comes down to one question: when does life begin? Anti-abortion advocacy pushes the view that life begins at conception; the name of their movement carefully centers the conceit that opposition to abortion rights is simply about wanting to save human lives.

A new poll shows that’s a lie. The “pro-life” movement is fundamentally about misogyny.

A Supermajority/PerryUndem survey released this week divides respondents by their position on abortion, and then tracks their answers to 10 questions on gender equality more generally. On every question, anti-abortion voters were significantly more hostile to gender equity than pro-choice voters.

I have always thought that it is more about punishing "sluts" and this confirms it. The article is pretty much nailed on but it refers to these extremists as "Christian".

Do me a favour.
That's a big FUCKING LIE.

Do me a favour.
True.

It's about the social right's hostility toward women, conservatives' hostility toward privacy rights, and the authoritarianism common to both.

or it could be the lefts hostility towards babys and the lefts hostility towards human rights and the authoritarianism common to both
The right’s hostility toward privacy rights has nothing to do with being ‘pro-life,’ it’s about authoritarian conservatives seeking to compel conformity and punish dissent – such as compelling women to give birth against their will through force of law.

And everyone is pro-life – including those who defend a woman’s right to privacy.

Women have rights, and it is better to not bring unwanted babies into this world.

what about the babys rights???
Republicans care more about a fetus, than about people.

Someone has to care about them, you ass hats want to murder them
A fetus is not a life.

Of course it is. That's scientific. Why are you so anti science?
An embryo/fetus is not a person in accordance with settled, accepted Constitutional law – and as such not entitled to Constitutional protections.

Women have rights, and it is better to not bring unwanted babies into this world.

The FETUS have no rights while being inside the woman's body, it is the Mother who has the right to decide to provide for it or terminate it. Since it is IN her body, it is a part of her, thus can decide to remove it, which should be early in the Pregnancy.

Once it comes out of the mother, it becomes separate individual with all rights reserved as a living INDIVIDUAL being, who should be loved, supported and defended.

So the woman has a right to decide the life or death of the child right up to the moment of birth?

Do me a favour.
True.

It's about the social right's hostility toward women, conservatives' hostility toward privacy rights, and the authoritarianism common to both.

or it could be the lefts hostility towards babys and the lefts hostility towards human rights and the authoritarianism common to both
The right’s hostility toward privacy rights has nothing to do with being ‘pro-life,’ it’s about authoritarian conservatives seeking to compel conformity and punish dissent – such as compelling women to give birth against their will through force of law.

And everyone is pro-life – including those who defend a woman’s right to privacy.

spoken like a true baby killer,,,

A fetus is not a life.

An embryo/fetus is not a person in accordance with settled, accepted Constitutional law – and as such not entitled to Constitutional protections.

what would you know about the constitution???

you are all about case law,,,

youre just another baby killer making excuses

The extreme anti-choice people keep running away from the topic of using modern technology to lessen the amount of unwanted pregnancies. They are against this, but will not come to the discussion table to explain their views. One less unwanted pregnancy is one less abortion. What is going on here? What are these people hiding?

Odd this. I asked you earlier what you meant by "modern technology" and you never answered.

I went to bed without signing off. The answer is modern birth-control methods. Pill, IUD, shots, etc. All of which people should be aware of and have access to.

I know no one against that. The Catholic Church's position is still against it but no one pays attention to that. Catholic's readily avail themselves of it.

Now providing for it in health care is another matter.

Why would it be? Avoiding pregnancy has been an issue since ancient times. The Egyptians supposedly used everything from herbs to crocodile dung. What is the thinking behind keeping people ignorant of sexual matters and denying them access to birth control? Where does this come from? Who is behind it? All of the contraceptive measures that apply to the female involve the medical community. Female humans don't have something to just carry around with us like a condom in your wallet.

I support the idea. Some people aren't in to helping others.

A fetus is not a life.

Which has nothing to do with what I said.

Unbiased questions
Well give an example.

Do me a favour.
That's a big FUCKING LIE.
You make a complex argument that it is difficult to counter.

Do me a favour.

You are free to have abortions or encourage others to have abortions. I am free to call your contributing to the killing of babies. It has nothing to do with women’s rights or being controlling, it has to do with morality.

Continue to kill babies and take it up with your Creator, if you pretend to have one or not.

Do me a favour.

Do me a favour.

Abortion will remain legal, there will be even more easier and cheaper access to one, and gun laws are only going to become more stringent.

That's the only thing the righties need to know.

Do me a favour.

Abortion will remain legal, there will be even more easier and cheaper access to one, and gun laws are only going to become more stringent.

That's the only thing the righties need to know.

No, the only thing "righties" need to know is that leftists are idiots and arguably insane, and their delusions of ultimate victory should be encouraged so that they can be laughed at when defeated.

Forum List

Back