I am disgusted with our party. I pray to god we get fresh blood in 16

Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

How did our party get relegated to such shitty choices? Obama should be so fucking easy to beat yet at every turn its all about the negativity of our party.

Perry can't debate to save his life. And yes I know were not electing a debater n chief but if he can't sell himself on the stage against Obama the public won't vote for him.

Pauls foreign policy is nuts.

Santorum is too extreme for this election cycle. The country doesn't want to go from far left to far right.

Newt can't outrun his past long enough to talk about current events.

Bachmann just turns me off personally.

Huntsman sounds centered but I honestly don't know anything about the man. And if I don't the public at large won't have a clue.

That leaves Romney, the KING FLIP FLOPPER.

WTF

I like Santorum and Bachmanns ideas but it won't fly in this election so WTF is a person to do? Sitting out or writing in a name is a sheer waste because it could lead to another Obama term. He has to go so I guess I just have to bite my tongue and vote for whoever gets the nomination. This is beginning to feel just like 08 and it straight pisses me off.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this post but I don't care. I don't have a job secure from this shitty economy and I desperately need change.

I still like this post.

Trolling can be fun at times.

Enjoy...:eek:

I merely thought it was funny how you came to the conclusion that you were "disgusted" in December. What has changed from November, October, etc...? Cain dropping out? That has been the only change in the field.

Rationale please.

I still like this post.

I merely thought it was funny how you came to the conclusion that you were "disgusted" in December. What has changed from November, October, etc...? Cain dropping out? That has been the only change in the field.

Rationale please.

Like with Cain, the more I learn the more I'm disappointed. Probably not for the same reasons as you though. I could probably be happy supporting the bottom 2 or 3 but because the party seems to be in a transition period were left without strong candidates.

Any republican that says our candidates are strong is delusional. They are all better than Obama but if they were indeed strong we wouldn't have a new leader every fucking week. Neither party has any true leaders in positions of power. Except maybe Ryan.

Our country needs a LEADER

Last edited:

Rationale please.

Like with Cain, the more I learn the more I'm disappointed. Probably not for the same reasons as you though. I could probably be happy supporting the bottom 2 or 3 but because the party seems to be in a transition period were left without strong candidates.

Any republican that says our candidates are strong is delusional. They are all better than Obama but if they were indeed strong we wouldn't have a new leader every fucking week. Neither party has any true leaders in positions of power. Except maybe Ryan.

Imagine how you'll feel in November of next year?

Rationale please.

That will largely depend on who wins and who controls congress.

That will largely depend on who wins and who controls congress.

If the GOP fails to win the Senate, I think the party is pretty much a laughing stock. They should win the Senate easily, keep the House and have the coin-flip's chance of the Oval.

I think the "real" prize is in the SCOUS nominees that will be afforded this next President.

There are four justices over 70 as of this writing. The next President (or maybe the one elected in 2016 has a real chance to leave his or her stamp on the Court. Obama has put Sotomayor and Kagan on the bench and will get the opportunity (if elected) to do maybe 2 more. Ginsburg will likely resign at some point as to ensure the liberal seat stays a liberal seat. Kennedy who is 75 will likely resign as well sometime in the next 4 years. Obama may get a 4 bagger to really tilt the court.

Since he'll be unable to run again in 2016, you may just see him shove one right up the old GOP asshole and really put a liberal name into nomination and let the GOP controlled Senate really look obstructionist. Shouldn't be that hard....LOL since they are so obstructionist now in the minority.

Anyway, this election, more than most, is going to cast the mold of the high court for years to come.

The GOP and its base suffers from the delusion (primarily fueled by 20 years of listening to talk radio) that this country is hard right as opposed to center right.

Therefore, the solution is always "more conservatism". When They get all the conservatism they could ever want (see Bush II Presidency) and then it inevitably falls flat, the solution is to blame liberals (or claim that your guy turned liberal) and demand more conservatism.

Compromise is scorned at. The only solution is to try and amass more power through whatever means necessary.

This kind of cognitive dissonance fuels the party and places it in the position it is in now.

Even if they win in 2012, the party is slowly sliding of the cliff.

The Democrats have their own problems, but the GOP is a total mess.

Last edited:
The GOP and its base suffers from the delusion (primarily fueled by 20 years of listening to talk radio) that this country is hard right as opposed to center right.

Therefore, the solution is always "more conservatism". When They get all the conservatism they could ever want (see Bush II Presidency) and then it inevitably falls flat, the solution is to blame liberals (or claim that your guy turned liberal) and demand more conservatism.

Compromise is scorned at. The only solution is to try and amass more power through whatever means necessary.

This kind of cognitive dissonance fuels the party and places it in the position it is in now.

We haven't elected a conservative in eons. We have elected those pretending to be conservative.

We haven't elected a conservative in eons. We have elected those pretending to be conservative.

You see. This is what I was talking about..........

Good luck finding your magical candidate though. I suspect you are in for a lifetime of disappointment.

"No true Scotsman".

The Greedy Old People's party can't get fresh blood by definition.

They are all about returning to the past.

Specifically Dickinsean England.

Chris, marxism failed get over it:eusa_boohoo: stop fighting for one world bs and join reality. Lets fight to remain a first world country.

A marxist is what a Republican calls someone who is smarter than they are.

I guess that means 60% of the country is Marxist.:badgrin:

Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

How did our party get relegated to such shitty choices? Obama should be so fucking easy to beat yet at every turn its all about the negativity of our party.

Perry can't debate to save his life. And yes I know were not electing a debater n chief but if he can't sell himself on the stage against Obama the public won't vote for him.

Santorum is too extreme for this election cycle. The country doesn't want to go from far left to far right.

Huntsman sounds centered but I honestly don't know anything about the man. And if I don't the public at large won't have a clue.

WTF

I like Santorum and Bachmanns ideas but it won't fly in this election so WTF is a person to do? Sitting out or writing in a name is a sheer waste because it could lead to another Obama term. He has to go so I guess I just have to bite my tongue and vote for whoever gets the nomination. This is beginning to feel just like 08 and it straight pisses me off.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this post but I don't care. I don't have a job secure from this shitty economy and I desperately need change.

Great post. Obama will win in 2012. God bless America.

I agree that there is a battle for the identity of the Party. I think the DNC had the same battle with the 1992 election. Clinton was not as liberal as many would have you believe. Paul Tsongas was seen as the liberal's liberal during that election. The Clinton Presidency wasn't exactly a bastion of liberalism either. As it turns out, the DNC re-found it's footing but the footprints it left are easily seen.

The TEA party is not serving the GOP very well at all and leaving the lawmakers of the Republican party no room to compromise. Those unwilling to compromise have either very short political careers or very ineffective ones. While the former is the antithesis of those who seek power, the latter works against the self-interests of running in the first place...why run if you want to be ineffective?

WTF

you can vote always for the commy in chief !!

WTF

:eusa_silenced:

WTF

I like your spunk. Where do you post all of your prophecies? Id like a few more laughs with my Sunday night drinks.

WTF

That's blasphemous talk there son.

No, Paul would remove all the waste in our military spending.

BTW, he's not as nuts on foreign policy as you think. Remember, the President doesn't get to do what he wants carte blanche. He's got a Congress, in addition to his Cabinet, to keep him in line.

God hates gays...It is a sin, but what you're saying is very true. We need to get the hell out of the middle east and stop stupid wars...Yes, we will still have a military and can still go to war if we have a good reason, but war, war for no reason is dumb. :eusa_pray:

If god hates gays because they are sinners, doesnt that same god hate people who get divorces? (By the way, how does God hate?)

WTF

I like your spunk. Where do you post all of your prophecies? Id like a few more laughs with my Sunday night drinks.

(honestly, who do you think will beat him?)

AGain, God bless America and Obama will win again in 2012. He does not have a palin he is running against, but he has some pretty close comparisons.

I have been saying all along that the Democrats should give it to the Republicans and say 'Here is your mess, we will sit back and watch you deal with it'. Run Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and have a fun time with them making the Republicans look like idiots.
I’d be inclined to agree except for the judicial appointments and other privileges of the Executive that could prove ruinous to the American people again, in the hands of a republican.

We haven't elected a conservative in eons.

Certainly not since Hoover…opps…

…guess that’s why.

(honestly, who do you think will beat him?)

AGain, God bless America and Obama will win again in 2012. He does not have a palin he is running against, but he has some pretty close comparisons.

Honestly, I believe he is beatable. If you don't then you're out of step with the rest of us. Obama is not a fucking Don.

I agree that there is a battle for the identity of the Party. I think the DNC had the same battle with the 1992 election. Clinton was not as liberal as many would have you believe. Paul Tsongas was seen as the liberal's liberal during that election. The Clinton Presidency wasn't exactly a bastion of liberalism either. As it turns out, the DNC re-found it's footing but the footprints it left are easily seen.

The TEA party is not serving the GOP very well at all and leaving the lawmakers of the Republican party no room to compromise. Those unwilling to compromise have either very short political careers or very ineffective ones. While the former is the antithesis of those who seek power, the latter works against the self-interests of running in the first place...why run if you want to be ineffective?

Good analogy with 1992. I think the GOP is slightly different in the amount of influence that non-elected officials like Limbaugh have over the direction of the party.

I mean, the Dems have their share of talking heads, but no one really cares about what Keith Olbermann thinks.

The Tea Party is simply the belief that "more conservative is the solution" coming home to roost. These people were perfectly willing to risk default to simply prove a point. If they had more power, it would have been a disaster.

The party is basically becoming completely inflexible. Look at Boehner's reversal today.

Forum List

Back