I am disgusted with our party. I pray to god we get fresh blood in 16

With the same authority when you "speak" for the masses, silly one. I do agree thst if nominate and run anyone but Mitt that Obama will win easily.

You speak only for the religious lunacy in your head.

I quote polls, man.

Polls say 22% won't vote for a Mormon.

Why do you think the Liberal MSM is so hot to get Romney, to the point where MSNBC is sending out Chris Matthews to apologize to the guy. (Nothing to apologize for, the report was accurate. He did recycle a Ku Klu Klan slogan.)

Becaue they know after he gets the nomination, all they have to do is run "Mormons sure are crazy" stories, and he's pretty much done.

you know, you RINO's are like special retards. It's like you didn't learn a fucking thing from 2008 and letting the left pick our candidates. The very fact that the left wing media is praising Romney should be a HUGE red flag this guy is toxic.

Oh. The Liberal MSM and Jakes' second choice. Jon Huntsman. Go figure.

Religious extremism and bigotry have been the downfall of many nations. Is it our turn?

Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

How did our party get relegated to such shitty choices? Obama should be so fucking easy to beat yet at every turn its all about the negativity of our party.

Perry can't debate to save his life. And yes I know were not electing a debater n chief but if he can't sell himself on the stage against Obama the public won't vote for him.

Pauls foreign policy is nuts.

Santorum is too extreme for this election cycle. The country doesn't want to go from far left to far right.

Newt can't outrun his past long enough to talk about current events.

Bachmann just turns me off personally.

Huntsman sounds centered but I honestly don't know anything about the man. And if I don't the public at large won't have a clue.

That leaves Romney, the KING FLIP FLOPPER.

WTF

I like Santorum and Bachmanns ideas but it won't fly in this election so WTF is a person to do? Sitting out or writing in a name is a sheer waste because it could lead to another Obama term. He has to go so I guess I just have to bite my tongue and vote for whoever gets the nomination. This is beginning to feel just like 08 and it straight pisses me off.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this post but I don't care. I don't have a job secure from this shitty economy and I desperately need change.

Huntsman can't answer a single question--without breaking into a rehearsed campaign speech--and often times he doesn't answer the question just goes into campaign speech mode--:lol: He's so FAKE... it's unbelievable.

But I agree 100% with your assessment. It's the politics of how many candidates the GOP establishment can beat down--to get Romney as the nominee.

We don't know yet what's going to happen in Iowa--but let's face it--if Ron Paul wins--Iowans lose all their credibility.

The beginning of the end was when McCain picked Palin. It was downhill from there.

Picking Palin was the only thing that let McCain run a respectable race. Prior to that he was looking at a serious third party effort by Bob Barr in the Libertarian Party, who was polling around 10% in some places and so the two parties that now own the Presidential debates kicked the minimum threshold up to 15% in order to get an invite.

Palin put Barr totally out of any serious consideration and energized the conservative base which is how the GOP wins.

McCain's past of back-stabbing conservatives and his idiotic rush to DC to fix the stock market did more to huhrt his credibility.

That Palin was any harm to McCain is a leftist/RINO myth.

Paul is not an option Matthew. He is just as fucked up as our other candidates. He will retire soon after this election and drift into history with his eyebrows. Thank god.

We need new blood. Screw these old lifers.

I doubt you have spent an honest 10 minutes looking into Ron Paul.

Next I'd like to point out that I called it, it took about 1 month or you to catch up to what I was telling you about Newt... Of course you will just react saying something near incoherent and how Paul sucks, but in the end I also doubt you spent an honest 10 minutes looking into any candidate you have supported so far.

Gramps, YOU are the problem. The Political infants that invest no amount meaningful effort despite all the answers being at your finger tips. It’s posers like you in the Republican party that help Neocons Big Government Progressives like Newt, or mindless drones, vapid of the basics on the most simple issues that this country faces like Cain rise to the top… Only to start sob story threads wallowing in your own self induced regurgitated cycle of dumping all your hopes in a candidate you knew nothing about.

I have supported Paul for 4+ years, when I hear you talk about him it’s clear you lack the ability to even comprehend what he talks about because you honestly don’t want to understand it. You make the choice to be irrelevant and uneducated on the issues.

I honestly think you are a good person… but when it comes to politics you care more about the “he said she said bullshit” than giving real answers to real problems more than a glance. There is no doubt in my mind I know more about Cain and more about Newt several times over than yourself…

I hope you learn from your mistakes rather than repeat them. I hope you can swallow your pride and disarm you defensive attitude to anyone that has more to say than “Fuck Obama!!!”

Of course you have no doubt that your far superior politically than me. Your a Fuckin Paul supporter. You my friend are the bigger idiot. You deal in Pauls what ifs while I face reality.

Ps. I would consider voting for Obama long before I would ever vote for the lunatic you support. Obama would cut our defense. Paul would decimate it.

There we have it, folks.

He would vote for Obama over Paul.

All because of "defense".

Turn your voter registration card in and please leave the country.

And for the Record, Newt is the king flip flopper, as someone who actually looks up candidates it's MUCH harder to find Mitt flip flopping than Newt... I could make a short movie of Newt flip flops in this thread if you like, you prolly couldn't get 5 min of Mitt's flip flops.

Anyone that learns and studies a subject in depth is going to occasionally change their mind and be vulnerable to the 'flip flopper' label. The difference between Newt and Romney is that Newt's fli-flops have been spread over years, while Romneys are all on social issues and all came about the time he decided to run for President.

Fliop-flopping is not so much the problem with Romeny as the timing seems just too convenient for sincerety and a natural change of heart.

Even so, I rank Romney as my fourth choice after Paul, Perry and Newt. I just hate that the GOP establishment is pushing him so hard.

What deals has Romney cut with them to get such hard-core support? A lot of favors (political capital) are being spent to get all these endorsements of Romney by people whose past statements should make them take a hard second look at him. And all these conservatives ahve to say in defense is that beating Obama is so important that it's an acceptable sacrifice to throw social conservatives under the bus.

Bullshit. If Romney gets the nomination, there is going to be such a serious rift, I think a split into a third party by social conservatives is a real possibility. Not one social conservative consistent with their own morals trusts Romney, and social conservatives are sick to death of being ignored for the sake of 'winning'. If someone gets elected that does not support your issues, then it isnt a win, no matter what party wins.

I doubt you have spent an honest 10 minutes looking into Ron Paul.

Next I'd like to point out that I called it, it took about 1 month or you to catch up to what I was telling you about Newt... Of course you will just react saying something near incoherent and how Paul sucks, but in the end I also doubt you spent an honest 10 minutes looking into any candidate you have supported so far.

Gramps, YOU are the problem. The Political infants that invest no amount meaningful effort despite all the answers being at your finger tips. It’s posers like you in the Republican party that help Neocons Big Government Progressives like Newt, or mindless drones, vapid of the basics on the most simple issues that this country faces like Cain rise to the top… Only to start sob story threads wallowing in your own self induced regurgitated cycle of dumping all your hopes in a candidate you knew nothing about.

I have supported Paul for 4+ years, when I hear you talk about him it’s clear you lack the ability to even comprehend what he talks about because you honestly don’t want to understand it. You make the choice to be irrelevant and uneducated on the issues.

I honestly think you are a good person… but when it comes to politics you care more about the “he said she said bullshit” than giving real answers to real problems more than a glance. There is no doubt in my mind I know more about Cain and more about Newt several times over than yourself…

I hope you learn from your mistakes rather than repeat them. I hope you can swallow your pride and disarm you defensive attitude to anyone that has more to say than “Fuck Obama!!!”

Of course you have no doubt that your far superior politically than me. Your a Fuckin Paul supporter. You my friend are the bigger idiot. You deal in Pauls what ifs while I face reality.

Ps. I would consider voting for Obama long before I would ever vote for the lunatic you support. Obama would cut our defense. Paul would decimate it.

There we have it, folks.

Its hyperbole for fucks sake lol. Paul will NEVER be our nominee. But the point is valid. Without a strong defense your freedoms are worthless.

The beginning of the end was when McCain picked Palin. It was downhill from there.

Picking Palin was the only thing that let McCain run a respectable race. Prior to that he was looking at a serious third party effort by Bob Barr in the Libertarian Party, who was polling around 10% in some places and so the two parties that now own the Presidential debates kicked the minimum threshold up to 15% in order to get an invite.

Palin put Barr totally out of any serious consideration and energized the conservative base which is how the GOP wins.

McCain's past of back-stabbing conservatives and his idiotic rush to DC to fix the stock market did more to huhrt his credibility.

If it weren't for Sarah Palin--McCain would have been beaten so badly that it would have been humiliating. I suspect that if Romney wins the nomination he is going to be in another situation where he will have to pick someone who is much more aggressive toward Obama's policies than he is as VP.

There we have it, folks.

Its hyperbole for fucks sake lol. Paul will NEVER be our nominee. But the point is valid. Without a strong defense your freedoms are worthless.

Agree--we have a lot of liberals supporting Ron Paul as the nominee--and when he doesn't win the nomination they will suddenly turn into Obama voters. Now--what blows my mind about this is--that Paul is completely contrary to what they believe on 95% of the issues.

He want's to cut 1 trillion dollars out of the budget within the 1st year. Sounds good--but there goes the welfare checks--unemployment checks etc. that the Federal Government has been giving out over the last few years. Color the EPA GONE--one of their favorite agencies--color lower income housing GONE--all left wing--(help the poor policies) that liberals continually scream about. Take from the rich--(GONE) under a Paul administration, etc. Paul believes in personal responsibility--liberals don't.

What attracts Liberals to Ron Paul? His stance on legalizing all drugs in this country-& elimination of the Patriot Act and--that's it. What they don't understand that even with a Paul administration--none of this is going to happen--because both democrats and republicans in the congress would over rule him on these extreme measures. A Ron Paul administration would be less effective than what we have sitting in the oval office today--it would be an absolute JOKE.

Just to add the reason why politicians are crawling out of the woodwork to attack Gingrich is because they believe him to be a credible threat to Romney. NOTICE--how they're not going after Ron Paul--because he is not any kind of a threat to Romney--even if he wins Iowa--that will be the last state he wins.

Last edited:

There we have it, folks.

No my freedoms are only worthless if my government refuses to protect them.

Patriot act, NDAA, NSA spying, TSA, for starters.

Grandpa, since there's really no one left on the planet with a military that could actually challenge us, ESPECIALLY here on our soil, what freedoms are you so worried about losing in terms of "defense"?

If it weren't for Sarah Palin--McCain would have been beaten so badly that it would have been humiliating. I suspect that if Romney wins the nomination he is going to be in another situation where he will have to pick someone who is much more aggressive toward Obama's policies than he is as VP.

You would think, but the establishment hates to take chances, so if the grab a conservative for VP they sabotage them in the campaign so they wont be a front runner afterwards. McCains staff was responsible for prepping Palin for her interview with Couric, and Bushes staff gave Quayle a bad signal on the accepted spelling for potato during the spelling bee.

Any conservative Romney picks and gets onto the ticket needs to have his own people handle his campaign, not Romneys.

What is most ironic about all this is the GOP establishment could really use a major figure respected among all social conservatives now to guide them to supporting Romney, but they have been back-stabbing any potential social conservative rivals that THERE AINT ANY LEFT FOR THEM TO BRIBE, lolololololol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsYJyVEUaC4]Lesley Gore - It's My Party (1965) - YouTube[/ame]

Grandpa, since there's really no one left on the planet with a military that could actually challenge us, ESPECIALLY here on our soil, what freedoms are you so worried about losing in terms of "defense"?

The threat isnt from a regular uniformed military but from terrorists.

This kind of shit is what scares the Beejeezus out of normal people when Paulites start talking all this conspiracy stuff. The 9-11 Truthers really like Paul for just that reason.

I am disgusted with our party. I pray to god we get fresh blood in 16
It won't do you any good.

clintonhillbillwave4.jpg

827.gif

Bill Bennett knows Newt personally and says he has problems. This gives me pause because I've considered Bennett a respectable man and usually trust his judgment.

I remember Newt as speaker and thought he did a good job. Problem is Bennett says he knows Newt personally and listed a few characteristics that bother me. I got a sense of some of them but just wrote it off as personality glitches when put on the spot. Bill however says they are part of Newts core. Ie self agrandizing and grandiose ideas beyond the ones we have heard about. He thinks as many here have said that if Newt wins the nomination the election will become about his past.

How did our party get relegated to such shitty choices? Obama should be so fucking easy to beat yet at every turn its all about the negativity of our party.

Perry can't debate to save his life. And yes I know were not electing a debater n chief but if he can't sell himself on the stage against Obama the public won't vote for him.

Pauls foreign policy is nuts.

Santorum is too extreme for this election cycle. The country doesn't want to go from far left to far right.

Newt can't outrun his past long enough to talk about current events.

Bachmann just turns me off personally.

Huntsman sounds centered but I honestly don't know anything about the man. And if I don't the public at large won't have a clue.

That leaves Romney, the KING FLIP FLOPPER.

WTF

I like Santorum and Bachmanns ideas but it won't fly in this election so WTF is a person to do? Sitting out or writing in a name is a sheer waste because it could lead to another Obama term. He has to go so I guess I just have to bite my tongue and vote for whoever gets the nomination. This is beginning to feel just like 08 and it straight pisses me off.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this post but I don't care. I don't have a job secure from this shitty economy and I desperately need change.

We get shitty choices because americans are conditioned to vote for whom they think can beat Obama, and the MSM helps the left influence peoples votes by talking up some candidates that are weak and really shouldn't be in there "MCain". The MSM also helps the left by derailing serious contenders chances by 1) Lying about them "Herman Cain" or 2) Bringing up issues from years ago that should not even matter while at the same time covering for there own candidate by not reporting facts about them and their past.
It's all dirty politics, and the left are the masters at it.

Paul is not an option Matthew. He is just as fucked up as our other candidates. He will retire soon after this election and drift into history with his eyebrows. Thank god.

We need new blood. Screw these old lifers.

Me personally, I like Rubio or Chris Christy, both of which would hand Obama his ass, but they chose not to run.

Get rid of Rush and Fox and all the charlatans and try doing something for the non rich. After Health Care gets going the GOP will come down from the Raygun high and get real...Hopefully they won't fuq up the economy every 3 months like the deficit limit crap...smaller giv't and cutting waste would be good if they MEANT it. You need the DEMAND, good luck.

Or better yet, take the government nipple out of the mouths of the non rich and have them actually do something for themselves.

No, Paul would remove all the waste in our military spending.

BTW, he's not as nuts on foreign policy as you think. Remember, the President doesn't get to do what he wants carte blanche. He's got a Congress, in addition to his Cabinet, to keep him in line.

Obama has pretty much done what he wanted in the last 3 years, no declaration of war for libya, unchecked by congress. It's insane. I think it would be better said that the president is not supposed to be able to do just whatever he wants, that is....a president with morals and values that believes in the constitution and the laws of this nation.

Forum List

Back