‘I am doing the devils work’ — Staff at Dem firm revolt over work for Sinema

Just because Sinema has prostituted her political clout to any takers doesn't mean there is a dichotomy of religious pretenses or characters from fictional literature.

• Banned
excerpts from the article:

Started in 2018, Authentic’s clients have included the presidential campaigns for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Other names touted by the firm include California Gov. Gavin Newsom, New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker, Montana Sen. Jon Tester, Boston Mayor Michelle Wu and New York Rep. Hakeem Jeffries. The firm has also done work for groups that have been stymied by Sinema’s opposition. One of them, Patients for Affordable Drugs, has advocated for the administration’s drug pricing agenda, which Sinema pushed successfully to slim down. Another client is Voto Latino, a grassroots group that recently announced a six-figure ad buy for the 2024 primary season as part of a new campaign called “¡Adios, Sinema!"

In mid-January of this year — as the Senate was ramping up its consideration of voting rights legislation — an Authentic employee complained once again about the firm’s contract with Sinema. “What’s the point of us supporting a client who is the antithesis of what we claim to stand for,” the employee wrote in internal correspondence, which was shared with POLITICO on the grounds that the identity of the senders would not be exposed.

“Ugh, not a good look. I feel like we have clients who would consider leaving us if they realize we work for her…” said the same employee, who also expressed fears about being passed over for a promotion if they were to say no to working on Sinema’s account. The employee also complained that the senator’s actions were effectively “letting Jim Crow 2.0 become a reality” and questioned whether the senator would reconsider if “literally no one in democratic politics wants to work with her anymore.”

“For me, the bigger question is how long until we become known as the team behind KS and it impacts all of our reputations regardless if we worked on the account,” said another member of Authentic’s staff

Forum List

Back