I am opposed to most immigration. According to the left that makes me an oppressive racist.

When I say "most" it doesn't mean brown vs white or european vs african.
In my opinion we should only be allowing the most intelligent people into our nation. People who bring a skill set that can actually produce a net positive for the country.
Traditionally we have been inundated with poor people from around the globe and they bring that poverty, which is a societal drain, with them and add it to our own poverty issues. Contrary to leftist belief they don't just do the jobs Americans won't do, they will & do take ANY unskilled job that they are qualified to do. They are like locusts that swarm the construction industry and as a result drive down project bidding as well as wages.
They make it impossible for your children to get that first job at your local fast food joint. A job that was always intended for our youth but is now consumed by immigrants who are willing to work for the shit wages because in a week its more than they made back home in a month.
When you hire someone to take care of your lawn you're lucky if the person sent to do it speaks English. I remember in my youth being able to mow lawns for extra cash. That opportunity is all but gone for today's kids.
We are creating more poverty in America by creating artificial competition for our own poorest and least skilled citizens.

At the end of the day I don't give a rat's ass what color an immigrant is. What I do care about is not creating more problems with poverty than we already have without the added burden of trying to rescue everyone else at the expense of our own.
To me it just makes you and anti-American shit.
This is the kind of asinine logic I'm talking about. I'm anti American because I want to protect AMERICANS....

:cuckoo:
America was "founded" by people fleeing religious discrimination. It was built on the backs of immigrants. Immigrants are why we have this great nation and unless you are native American, you come from immigrants. Idiot.
More flawed logic.

America was all but empty when this nation was formed. We needed the labor to build the nation.

News flash: The nation is built and we no longer need the labor.
$13m in crops rotted because no one wanted to pick them?
I never said I was against a seasonal migrant program.

Try again

My parents came to America with a couple of hundred dollars and they put two kids through college and have been productive citizens. I don't believe in cast systems.

All countries have immigration laws.
It is not racist to control immigration.
The Democrats are racist because they are for illegal immigration and Democrats brag about making white voters the minority.

In my opinion we should only be allowing the most intelligent people into our nation. People who bring a skill set that can actually produce a net positive for the country.
Traditionally we have been inundated with poor people from around the globe and they bring that poverty, which is a societal drain, with them and add it to our own poverty issues. Contrary to leftist belief they don't just do the jobs Americans won't do, they will & do take ANY unskilled job that they are qualified to do. They are like locusts that swarm the construction industry and as a result drive down project bidding as well as wages.
They make it impossible for your children to get that first job at your local fast food joint. A job that was always intended for our youth but is now consumed by immigrants who are willing to work for the shit wages because in a week its more than they made back home in a month.
When you hire someone to take care of your lawn you're lucky if the person sent to do it speaks English. I remember in my youth being able to mow lawns for extra cash. That opportunity is all but gone for today's kids.
We are creating more poverty in America by creating artificial competition for our own poorest and least skilled citizens.

At the end of the day I don't give a rat's ass what color an immigrant is. What I do care about is not creating more problems with poverty than we already have without the added burden of trying to rescue everyone else at the expense of our own.

I'm more bothered by the number of doctors, for example, that we import from foreign countries, than the number of lawn mowing guys that come in.
Which is more ridiculous liberal logic. We have a shortage of doctors & nurses. But in your infinate wisdom we need more low skilled poverty stricken people...

Would you rather an immigrant took a 20,000 a year job or a 200,000 a year job?
What does salary have to do with it?

My parents came to America with a couple of hundred dollars and they put two kids through college and have been productive citizens. I don't believe in cast systems.
Different era with different problems. The two are not comparable.

This is the kind of asinine logic I'm talking about. I'm anti American because I want to protect AMERICANS....

America was "founded" by people fleeing religious discrimination. It was built on the backs of immigrants. Immigrants are why we have this great nation and unless you are native American, you come from immigrants. Idiot.
More flawed logic.

America was all but empty when this nation was formed. We needed the labor to build the nation.

$13m in crops rotted because no one wanted to pick them?
I never said I was against a seasonal migrant program.

Try again
Of course you aren't :ahole-1:

Yea because terrorism didn't exist before the year 2000 :2up:
I never mentioned terrorism ya dumbass.
So what's the big problem that didn't exist before?

I am not opposed to filling the needs of our country. I am opposed to unadulterated mass immigration of poor people into our country for obvious reasons.

America was "founded" by people fleeing religious discrimination.

Quick, let in more Muslims, bring the religious discrimination here.

Muslim-Americans are preventing you from practicing your religion?

They do seem more likely to kill people of other religions.

Look at our national debt.
Look at our big cities on the verge of financial collapse.
Look at the state's in budget crises.
Poverty begets crime.
Our social programs are stretched to their limits.
Our school system is in systemic failure.

The list goes on and on. And poor immigrants contribute to all of that.

Poverty begets crime.

Yea you're right there were absolutely no financial issues in the 1920s and 1930s :coffee:

Poverty begets crime.

Yea you're right there were absolutely no financial issues in the 1920s and 1930s :coffee:
You can't excuse today's immigration crisis with those of 100 years ago. Try having an honest debate for once. Focus on the facts as they are now. Refute my points if you can

That's emotional pap. Here's the fundamtal question: how does any given immigrant benefit me? Don't feed me a bunch of meaningless slogans.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Poverty begets crime.

We shut down immigration in 1920s and 1930s.

Poverty begets crime.

Unfortunately the trumps immigrated illegally in 1929... if only we really had kept them out. I say we send them back.

More flawed logic.

WRONG!!!!

Poverty begets crime.

Unfortunately the trumps immigrated illegally in 1929... if only we really had kept them out. I say we send them back.
How does that make your post any less dumb?

More flawed logic.

WRONG!!!!
Not wrong. If there's one thing this country doesn't need, it's more labor chasing the same jobs.

Forum List

Back