Zone1 I am prepared to call Catholicism a cult

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.
Mathew 5:22

One of the three major characteristics of cults is isolation from friends, families, and social networks. There is none of that in the Catholic Church. There is no manipulation or thought control. Everyone is easily free to come and go. That's the opposite of a cult.
Scientology, Mormonism, the Mafia, Communist governments? Those are cults.

The Baptist church up the road from me seems to be a bit of a cult. They have a popular pastor who does radio spots and all. One service, and I got this first hand, an employee of the church was called forward and reprimanded by the pastor in front of the entire congregation for some named transgression, and was publicly stripped of their duties. That would never happen in a Catholic Church.
Any church can become a cult,

Jim Jones proves that.

I suppose churches that refuse to hang on the Popes every word may not be a cult.

Source please and exact words and complete context, stupid intrigant guy. "cult" is by the way "culture" - and culture is the basis of civilisation. To call Catholics "uncultivated" and "uncivilized" is more than only strange. And words are no weapons. People need to know something. For to know something it needs to learn. And if someone doesn't like to learn then he is not only stupid but will always be stupid.
The Pope is heretical

It is what it is.

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.
Mathew 5:22

So If I should go to hell - why do you like to follow me? Nevertheless I forgive you and if this should not be possible then I will be a liar and say to the devil you never called me a fool. This was only a mistake.
Matthew was a tax collector which is MESHUMAD ----damned shill for
the Romans. Find a reasonable source
The Pope is heretical

It is what it is.
all of them or just this current, somewhat weirdo one?

Matthew was a tax collector which is MESHUMAD ----damned shill for
the Romans. Find a reasonable source

all of them or just this current, somewhat weirdo one?
There is no prophesy regarding climate change, yet it is all the man talks about.

And he has said far more disturbing things, like saying that men are inherently good.

The man obviously has never opened a Bible.

Based on the Pontiff cult of personality that defies scripture.

The Pope preaches the gospel of Climate change now.

First he calls climate deniers "stupid". Ever hear Jesus call someone stupid? No? Neither have I. Then he shifts gears and go after scientists who challenge the Climate cult teachings as being perverse, unlike gay marriage. Then he calls the lot of them fools.

Trouble with calling someone a fool is, the Bible warns us on using the word as it only uses the term for those who deny God's existence.

Matthew 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

The Pontiff is the Jim Jones of Catholicism. He wants us all to drink the cool air of Climate change and starve to death as farmers around the world are told not to grow as much food in order to reduce carbon emissions due to fertilizers, as the world starves and deals with higher inflation due to food shortages..
The Roman Catholic Church has had a number of Popes who were more self serving and politician than defenders of the Faith. In fact the Popes' edicts were not infallible--the idea had been kicked around some--until Pope Pius IX declared the doctrine of Immaculate Conception infallible in 1854. From that time on, the RCC, by then competing for authority with Protestant leaders, agreed that the Pope issuing official doctrine was infallible in doing so.

Fast forward to modern day Catholicism. I defy anyone participating in a Catholic worship service to say the worship is not real. I know many many Catholics and have many in my own family and I don't recall a one of them ever mentioning the Pope except maybe in a harmless joke or maybe mention some important breaking news. But I'm pretty sure their relationship with God doesn't include a lot of thinking about the Pope. (His views on climate change etc. are his own and are not edicts of the Church. Some Catholics may agree with him about that and I'm sure many don't but it has nothing to do with catholicism per se.)

We mustn't tar all adherents to a faith or congregation because of one or two bad leaders or members. Jim Bakker was not typical of most Pentecostals. Jim Jones was not typical of any other members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ.) Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptists do not come close to representing the 50+ million Baptists worldwide. Etc.

FYI I am not and have never been Catholic though I did work for the Catholics in a Catholic Hospital for a few years. One job I recall with very good memories.

Forum List

Back